Broxi running at Hamilton on Wednesday.

Jan Wyck

No! It's not one of those mascot races. The Keith Dalgleish trained two-year-old makes it's racecourse debut in the 12.45 at Hamilton on Wednesday.

The colt is by the stallion Kodi Bear, hence the inspiration for it's name, and the owners colours are Red, White and Blue.

So it's all aboard the FF tipping bus as it heads over the financial cliff once again. :))

These owners have a few decent horses with keith dalgliesh
Top jockey booked in Joe fanning
Good chance
The betting nearer the time will
Speak for its chances

Groundhog Day lol.

The only tip I ever saw come up was someone had £50 e/w double on Tiger Roll in The Grand National and Tiger Woods to win The Masters.

They won just under £6k.

The owner is Weld-Spec (Glasgow) Ltd - the company of John Wright, father of former Rangers youth player Max Wright. Both are regularly seen in the parade ring at Ayr and Hamilton.
I've been in the parade ring at ayr a good few times one of the horses we follow won today called glasses up
Over the moon he won a decent race bodes well for the future maybey worth keeping your eye out for him also gutted we couldn't be there for obvious reasons

No! It's not one of those mascot races. The Keith Dalgleish trained two-year-old makes it's racecourse debut in the 12.45 at Hamilton on Wednesday.

The colt is by the stallion Kodi Bear, hence the inspiration for it's name, and the owners colours are Red, White and Blue.

So it's all aboard the FF tipping bus as it heads over the financial cliff once again. :))
KODI BEAR (IRE) - 2012 brown horse
Invincible Spirit's three-parts brother Kodiac (by Danehill) has developed a strong profile as a sire in recent seasons and he has several sons in the early staged of their own stud careers. They include Adaay, Coulsty, Prince Of Lir, and Kodi Bear, each of whom had his first foals in 2018. The latter stands at Rathbarry Stud and has 76 registered foals in his first crop.

Watched a couple of races at the weekend and Kodi bear was mentioned as being the father of 2 horses that ran really well, one a first time out whose name escapes me, I’ll try and look it up as I think it’ll be one to watch

KODI BEAR (IRE) - 2012 brown horse
Invincible Spirit's three-parts brother Kodiac (by Danehill) has developed a strong profile as a sire in recent seasons and he has several sons in the early staged of their own stud careers. They include Adaay, Coulsty, Prince Of Lir, and Kodi Bear, each of whom had his first foals in 2018. The latter stands at Rathbarry Stud and has 76 registered foals in his first crop.

Watched a couple of races at the weekend and Kodi bear was mentioned as being the father of 2 horses that ran really well, one a first time out whose name escapes me, I’ll try and look it up as I think it’ll be one to watch
After a quick check of my losers at the weekend it, the horse was called Bodak Yellow, that’s one to follow ;)

A few notes for the more discerning punters among us.

Keith Dalgleish record with two year olds over the last 5 years is 55 wins from 452 runs is a 12% success rate.
At Hamilton where he is top trainer (not surprising as it's his local track) he is 11 from 66 in two year old non-handicaps.
Broxi is one of the less expensive runners and only(sic) fetched 8000 euros at auction whereas Boogie Time cost £65,000 but he doesn't know that.

I always feel that Dalgleish youngsters improve with the benefit of a run but he had his first two year old run well in second at Ayr on monday.

One positive is that Hoopy the Huddle Hound is not in the race and Broxi can't have his pockets dipped while he is out on the track.

I’m just going to leave this one and confirm that I’m a phukin jinx

Ran OK. Started well, couldn't go pace, stayed on at end finished 7th of nine at 20-1. Will come on for race.

Ran OK. Started well, couldn't go pace, stayed on at end finished 7th of nine at 20-1. Will come on for race.

Agree. Dalgleish horses usually come on for the run and the breeding suggests that todays trip was always going to be too short. Not a lost cause imo but not a beast I will be following over a cliff just yet.

Bred for a trip closer to a mile, just beware if it runs at 5/6 furlongs again. Could be a longer term project for connections.

Tried to find out earlier if n the week if the horse had a chance but the family member I know had no info.
Then I forgot all about this. Saved myself 50p.

Had a couple of quid on it each way. Disappointed but it'll improve over longer distances.

Backing 2 more horses today.

Hexagon - 3.40 haydock

Premium Package - 6.10 roscommon

Both EW - not tips just personal fancies!

Lost faith if you can’t get date or venue right!!

On paper it looks a tough task for Broxi today. Interesting that he was well away at Hamilton last week over straight 6 furlongs on a downhill/ uphill undulating track. Musselburgh over 7 furlongs is a totally different test. A sharp flat right handed track with the first of two bends coming quickly.
A watching brief for me. If the horse has ability then I'll wait for the shrewd Dalgleish to get it a handicap mark and find a small nursery handicap for Broxi later in the season. When hopefully his stable will be in better form

That wasn't a bad run. Lost his position a little on the bends but stuck on reasonably well. As I said above, if Dalgleish can eek out a bit of improvement, he could figure in a nursery handicap later in the season. Possibly over a mile on a track like Redcar with a long galloping straight.

Back