Bruno Alves v Jordan Rossiter

Gerrard full of praise for him as well with his contribution off the field and within the dressing room labelling him his unofficial captain. He lived the dream that all of us wanted to do as young kids growing up and contributed to get us back to where we are now and for that he will always get my support.

It's fine to disagree with what he says no idea why people have to go over the top with it.

I can't even begin to fathom the thought of people when they say his love of us bought him more leeway and time, I mean, yes, clearly it did, fans will naturally have a bit more time and care for players who work their way through the levels to play for the club they support. It was endearing seeing his engagement with fans and the relationship he had with the UB, it was from such steps the support and current side feel as united as they do now.

Halliday has always been a woeful footballer and a bit of a ned.

I'm not sure there was ever that much to go 'off' from.
a prime example of people looking to be offended over nothing. Lighten up. Rossiter was injured for a very long time he isnt telling any lies here

Don't really think he says alot wrong there to be honest. Certainly not to merit 4 pages of people getting tore into him :oops: footballer telling a story about a training/dressing room incident, well f*ck me.

You read the comments on here and think it must be the most outlandish neddy attack on Rangers that Halliday is coming away with.

Then watch the clip and it is 60 seconds of an average anecdote that people are getting hysterical about.

I especially like the posts angry that Halliday is saying things to make people laugh. This may be the point...

What’s this mate?

They were talking about general praise from managers for players,

Halliday made mention of the Braga game (Hagi game) when Aribo went to LB, after the game in the dressing room Gerrard said to Aribo for all to hear something like I would take you anywhere, doesn't matter where you play, where we go I will take you anywhere, you always give everything and always give 100%, this was conditioned that Gerrard rarely gives praise but when he does it means a lot.

At least I think that is what he said, it was incredibly difficult to understand his Ibrox accent and the sound of muck being shoveled on as he buried Rangers and Gerrard with that comedic tail for his Shettleston pals, i think i got them all?

I see Halliday has reached the stage post leaving rangers were half of FF hates him, weird behaviour. And the slagging of his accent funnily enough you never see the same people slagging mcgregor for it, it’s a Glaswegian accent grow up.

He’s also not disrespectful to alves or rossiter at all, you’d think he slagged off their mums with the way some people were going on. What he stated was what their careers at rangers were like, alves barely tried a leg at us/was just in a shite team with a shite manager. And rossiter was injured all the time, saying that he’s being disrespectful when he says he was out for 6 years is just stupid, Halliday is just taking the piss, don’t get your panties in a bunch over it.

I see Halliday has reached the stage post leaving rangers were half of FF hates him, weird behaviour. And the slagging of his accent funnily enough you never see the same people slagging mcgregor for it, it’s a Glaswegian accent grow up.

He’s also not disrespectful to alves or rossiter at all, you’d think he slagged off their mums with the way some people were going on. What he stated was what their careers at rangers were like, alves barely tried a leg at us/was just in a shite team with a shite manager. And rossiter was injured all the time, saying that he’s being disrespectful when he says he was out for 6 years is just stupid, Halliday is just taking the piss, don’t get your panties in a bunch over it.

They say he's disrespectful to them, which is ironic considering if you had a Rossiter or Alves thread the same people would be slagging the two of them off.

Without defending Halliday's performance, Murty could've waited 4 minutes and made the change at HT. Instead he humiliated the player, hung him out to dry and gave that mob's support an open goal(pardon the pun) to take the piss out of him with absolute glee.

We were never coming back from 2-0. Just make the change at HT and get the game over with.

It was a cowardly act from a cowardly manager whose true colours were shown post match when he ran to the board to grass two players in to them. Halliday wasn't the only one who had a go when he was subbed that day. Candeias gave him a mouthful as well.

Sorry, Dunc, that's horseshit. The idea that a Rangers manager - even one as useless as Murty - should hold off making any change lest it upsets the player is, frankly, bonkers. What added to Halliday's 'humiliation' was his own petulant reaction to it. If he'd actually left the field with some dignity, as he should have, it wouldn't even be remembered.

If Halliday was 'humiliated', imagine how everyone in the Rangers end was feeling watching him chasing shadows for 40 minutes.

Probably because McGregor is from Edinburgh, and as a result has a bit more teuchter in his accent, but I agree :))

Sorry, Dunc, that's horseshit. The idea that a Rangers manager - even one as useless as Murty - should hold off making any change lest it upsets the player is, frankly, bonkers. What added to Halliday's 'humiliation' was his own petulant reaction to it. If he'd actually left the field with some dignity, as he should have, it wouldn't even be remembered.

If Halliday was 'humiliated', imagine how everyone in the Rangers end was feeling watching him chasing shadows for 40 minutes.
He wasn't anywhere near the worst player that day. The clowns at centre half took that mantle. What tactical benefit was there in making the sub a few minutes early? The game was done. Murty was well aware how it would look and he was hanging Halliday out to dry to deflect from his own failings. He should have been shown the door after that match and his weasely interview afterwards summed him up.

He wasn't anywhere near the worst player that day. The clowns at centre half took that mantle. What tactical benefit was there in making the sub a few minutes early? The game was done. Murty was well aware how it would look and he was hanging Halliday out to dry to deflect from his own failings. He should have been shown the door after that match and his weasely interview afterwards summed him up.

It was dreadful management that compounded the situation and gave them an even bigger lift. You need to box clever in high-pressure games when it comes to those type of changes.

He certainly wasn't the worst on the park. That's not defending the performance from him, everyone that day was nothing short of a disgrace

I can't abide that show, they come across as a bunch of absolute cretins. Respect Halliday for his contribution to Rangers, but he shouldn't lower himself to that standard, believe on it he once told a story about Caixinha in the vein of "the cünt says to me...". Unbefitting of a former Rangers player.

And Barry Ferguson is the same, having shown massive disrespect for 2 former managers on the show, while the brain donors Kyle and Slane sit giggling away.

Really glad Rossiter has got going again. Genuinely think he’s one of the players from back then who would still be in with a shot of playing for this side we have assembled now.

Aye because the tactical alterations Murty made were game changing for what followed.

I just watched this in context and Halliday literally says nothing wrong, he doesn’t disrespect either player, at all.

Some uber offended wallopers on here man who just can’t wait to get tore into Halliday for anything it’s ridiculous.

As for the snobs taking the piss out of the way he speaks, he fucking speaks like 99% of those attending Ibrox tomorrow night.

Don't really think he says alot wrong there to be honest. Certainly not to merit 4 pages of people getting tore into him :oops: footballer telling a story about a training/dressing room incident, well f*ck me.

He says absolutely nothing controversial whatsoever, but he didn’t speak like someone just out of Oxford Uni so gets slated from the resident toffs.

I agree - any number of players could have been substituted. But you can't make 11 substitutions. Halliday was chosen. He didn't have to like it but he also didn't have to have a shouting match with the manager just to cover his own arse.

Aye because the tactical alterations Murty made were game changing for what followed.

And if Murty had made no changes, people would have went apeshit. I'm not defending Murty. He was out of his depth. But so was Halliday. He should have sucked it up, like we had to. "Poor Andy, the Celtic fans were laughing at him." Aye, try sitting there for 90 minutes listening to it. He ain't the victim.

And if Murty had made no changes, people would have went apeshit. I'm not defending Murty. He was out of his depth. But so was Halliday. He should have sucked it up, like we had to. "Poor Andy, the Celtic fans were laughing at him." Aye, try sitting there for 90 minutes listening to it. He ain't the victim.

People aren’t objecting to Halliday being subbed, they are objecting to him being hauled off on 42 minutes instead of waiting until half time.

I could easily have lived with Murty waiting till half time to make changes, as many as he wanted to be honest, he could have made 3 and no one would have bothered or complained, it would have been more beneficial to all involved to do it then.

Making the change when he did was cowardly and just appeared entirely driven from self preservation which had become a theme with Murty which I expect was in part the driver behind the reaction. He chucked Halliday under a bus for nothing other than an end to his own means, Halliday was utterly right to be pissed by that, Candieas was pissed when he went off, Miller and Wallace were pissed by the end of the game, it wasn't a one off Halliday exclusive thing

He had completely lost the dressing room and it was manifesting in incidents like Halliday going off which I expect was a huge driver behind Miller and Wallace calling Murty out, it was wrong, it was morally wrong to do what he did, it wasn't a change made to alter the game, that is delusional nonsense from Murty to even suggest it was.

What in the name of christ difference was bringing Windass on at that time in the game going to alter, wait till half time speak to the team and explain the tactical alteration and take some ownership in the dressing room and then you have the time to reapply your tactical stance. It was a Grade A prick move by Murty, a complete cnts trick.

Last edited:
People aren’t objecting to Halliday being subbed, they are objecting to him being hauled off on 42 minutes instead of waiting until half time.

Is there some rule that says you have to do that? Why?

People were wanking themselves silly when Advocaat hauled Moore off straight after we conceded a goal. "Brilliant management". And that actually was about humiliating the player.

I could easily have lived with Murty waiting till half time to make changes, as many as he wanted to be honest, he could have made 3 and no one would have bothered or complained, it would have been more beneficial to all involved to do it then.

Making the change when he did was cowardly and just appeared entirely driven from self preservation which had become a theme with Murty which I expect was in part the driver behind the reaction. He chucked Halliday under a bus for nothing other than an end to his own means, Halliday was utterly right to be pissed by that, Candieas was pissed when he went off, Miller and Wallace were pissed by the end of the game, it wasn't a one off Halliday exclusive thing

He had completely lost the dressing room and it was manifesting in incidents like Halliday going off which I expect was a huge driver behind Miller and Wallace calling Murty out, it was wrong, it was morally wrong to do what he did, it wasn't a change made to alter the game, that is delusional nonsense from Murty to even suggest it was.

What in the name of christ difference was bringing Windass on at that time in the game going to alter, wait till half time speak to the team and explain the tactical alteration and take some ownership in the dressing room and then you have the time to reapply your tactical stance. It was a Grade A prick move by Murty, a complete cnts trick.

Morally wrong to make a substitution. I've heard it all now.

Bear in mind, we'd had a woeful first half and had just conceded a second goal. But, aye, let's wait to HT, possibly concede a third goal, just so that Andy Halliday's feelings are spared.

Halliday has absolutely no complaint here. It's the prerogative of the manager, any manager, even bloody Murty, to make any change he sees fit at any time. You can argue on tactical grounds or personnel grounds, fine. But to argue that Halliday - who was dogshit in the game - was owed something, an extra 3 or 4 minutes, to spare his feelings is plain garbage. As I say, no-one would even remember the substitution if Halliday hadn't been such a brat about it.

Is there some rule that says you have to do that? Why?

People were wanking themselves silly when Advocaat hauled Moore off straight after we conceded a goal. "Brilliant management". And that actually was about humiliating the player.

Murty knew what he was doing by Hooking Halliday and hooking Halliday at that time in the game, it was all about Murty, about keeping the light off him, same as his cowardly "I only stand on the sidelines" before sending us out for a 5-0 pumping going on 10-0 vs that lot.

That week should have been the end of Murty, he shouldn't have even been allowed to pay to get into Ibrox after that.

As for Halliday, a plastic hardman on the pitch, an extremely poor footballer and on open goal he comes across like the rest, a ned.

Morally wrong to make a substitution. I've heard it all now.

Bear in mind, we'd had a woeful first half and had just conceded a second goal. But, aye, let's wait to HT, possibly concede a third goal, just so that Andy Halliday's feelings are spared.

Halliday has absolutely no complaint here. It's the prerogative of the manager, any manager, even bloody Murty, to make any change he sees fit at any time. You can argue on tactical grounds or personnel grounds, fine. But to argue that Halliday - who was dogshit in the game - was owed something, an extra 3 or 4 minutes, to spare his feelings is plain garbage. As I say, no-one would even remember the substitution if Halliday hadn't been such a brat about it.

In the context of why Murty did it, 100%

Speaking about Advocaat making hard ass changes in relation to Murty is incredible. It is comparing apples and pears, one was a shrewd, measured and had a history of making tactical decisions and had the respect of his players to make hard arse changes with a CV that showed he was tactically excellent, the other could barely even stand on the side lines competently.

Halliday utterly was right to be pissed at the audacity of Murty to try and chuck him under a bus for his failings.

I would have remembered that change if Halliday hadn't reacted, I would have remembered it at the time Murty attempted to chuck Halliday under the bus to cover his own incompetence for his own self preservation at a time when he should have been thinking about getting the team in at half time and explaining his wants and needs to tactically change a game.

He had 4 minutes to wait and he could have utterly tactically altered the entire game if he wanted. He could have sat the team down explained the change, explained the impact in a measured calm environment instead he was thinking about putting Windass on then and taking Halliday off. It made absolutely no sense what so ever, and used Windass at the player to go on the park and interpret his tactical wants, Josh Windass was the voice he used, unreal man, utterly unreal.

Last edited:

Disagree mate. Any manager worth their salt must know what it would've led to. It was a manager hanging a player out to dry to excuse his own failings. Not Halliday's biggest fan by any means but he didn't pick himself at LB and as @Bowery Boy said, Murty allowed his pal Russell Martin to stink the place out at centre back without any repercussions.

It was simply the second of a whole number of examples that day where Murty completely absolved himself of responsibility.

It was awful management. The game was done. We were never getting back into the game. To compound it by giving the Tims a chance to stick the boot into a Rangers player when we were down was unacceptable to me.

I can't even begin to fathom the thought of people when they say his love of us bought him more leeway and time, I mean, yes, clearly it did, fans will naturally have a bit more time and care for players who work their way through the levels to play for the club they support. It was endearing seeing his engagement with fans and the relationship he had with the UB, it was from such steps the support and current side feel as united as they do now.

Really? I mean I think Halliday putting in gutless displays equal to the rest of the squad and having them washed over with “aye but he really cared and he was just hurting like us” is a perfect example of a player being given leeway. That and the fact if he was a foreigner and not a Goven lad, there’d have been numerous calls to have him replaced much earlier given that he clearly didn’t have the quality required to get us back to where we wanted to be.

No harm to him or anything, I don’t doubt his love the club. But when the chips were down he too went down without a fight just like most of them did, and the way he’s told some of these anecdotes on these shows hasn’t been particularly respectful to the club or to some of his ex colleagues.

I can’t disagree about Murty, he really was a spineless coward in the hot seat and I don’t think he helped matters. That being said if Halliday wasn’t having an absolute mare on the pitch I’m sure it would have been less of an issue, but yeah ultimately it was just another act of cowardice from a man so far out of his depth I stand quite believe he was able to take control of the first team for as long as he was. The whole thing was a shit show at that point though.

Really? I mean I think Halliday putting in gutless displays equal to the rest of the squad and having them washed over with “aye but he really cared and he was just hurting like us” is a perfect example of a player being given leeway. That and the fact if he was a foreigner and not a Goven lad, there’d have been numerous calls to have him replaced much earlier given that he clearly didn’t have the quality required to get us back to where we wanted to be.

No harm to him or anything, I don’t doubt his love the club. But when the chips were down he too went down without a fight just like most of them did, and the way he’s told some of these anecdotes on these shows hasn’t been particularly respectful to the club or to some of his ex colleagues.

To people who go to games, yes.

The relationship between players and fans had become a rudderless disjointed mess with the players causing little more than frustration to the majority of fans.

It is a thing people who don't attend games will possibly not understand but going from the likes of Black and Law to then players who clearly cared and bothered about the club to the extent the likes of Halliday and Tav do is massive.

Easter Road (6-2) in particular was the first genuine actual step back on the road to fans getting Rangers back, and Halliday was excellent that day, his relationship with the fans always continued, even up to Maribor, the reaction of Halliday and Gerrard after that game is everything most fans want to see from their players and management, Halliday remained despite not being at the level required because numerous others completely failed with higher profiles while dialing in performances signed for far greater fees at far greater cost, Halliday attempted to make the most of his limitations, fans DO appreciate players who do that

Your dismissal of Halliday is incredibly disingenuous, he was a player we signed on trial while we were in the Championship who ended up playing a key role in us making the group stages of Europe, the notion he often went down without fighting is just a complete miss with events that often took place on the park.

I mean we have your assessment of him "But when the chips were down he too went down without a fight" and then we have this.

Gerrard confessed: “I love Andy Halliday.

“When I came in there was a list of players. Some had ticks, some had question marks and some had crosses.

“It was important to see them close up, eye to eye, in a few sessions, to see if they had the ability or the level.

“At the same time, you are looking at them off the pitch to see what type of characters they are. Andy has just been perfect since day one.

“It was a bit of a shock, really, from what I’d heard or read. His performances are getting stronger and stronger.

“He’s almost like a captain in the dressing room.

“In fact, he is the unofficial captain of this club. He glues everything together.

“He helps the foreign lads a lot and he’s someone who cares about the club. You need these people about.

“It would be naive of me at any stage of my life to judge someone with other people’s opinions. I like to judge people face to face.

“When you come to a club this size you have to give people a chance, especially people that are supporters of the club, people who care and will give you blood, sweat and tears. These are the people you need about the place. Andy, in his head, thought he was gone and not wanted.

“He probably felt the new manager would come in and not want him.

“From the very first training session to the final whistle in Spain on Thursday night he has given absolutely everything.

“I honestly can’t fault him off the pitch either, he’s been magnificent.”

He was still being praised by Gerrard for his impact after he had departed

Last edited:
I'm not keen on the leaks and tidbits Halliday has been mentioning, simply for the fact its something you do when your glory days are gone and your 60-70 yr old.

But his accent is like any other Glaswegian working class lad. At least its not that nasal rasping thing the mhanks seem born to utter and splurt.

Back