Bruno Alves v Jordan Rossiter

By the way for the most part Halliday comes off as a pretty likeable. But on these shows he seems to go into ned mode to try and fit in with that crowd.

I also have to say he can’t be too judgmental because I remember him not exactly covering himself in glory in OF humpings in that era. Lazily letting runners peel off that led to us conceding.

Sick of hearing Halliday badmouthing players and managers of that era, as though he was Barry Ferguson.

He was a massive part of the fact we were a fùcking shambles on the park.

Actually slagging off Bruno Alves… insane.

Fùck all his daft pals on that podcast as well.
He’s not really slagging him off though is he? He praises his technical ability just says it didn’t really happen for him on match day, which it didn’t

The love Rossiter got for a guy who played about a dozen games in 5 years on a heavy heavy wage is madness.

Myself included, suppose he just comes across as an honest young man who would run through a brick wall or in his instance papered door frame so he wouldn’t get injured.

The love Rossiter got for a guy who played about a dozen games in 5 years on a heavy heavy wage is madness.

Myself included, suppose he just comes across as an honest young man who would run through a brick wall or in his instance papered door frame so he wouldn’t get injured.
To be honest, I think we all loved him because we all knew how much he wanted to play for the club and we all felt sorry for him.

Two totally contrasting personalities here from Halliday.

On radio snyde he’s piloted, reasonably, and sounds pretty intelligent and educated.

On this rancid hole of a show run by Pedros boy and Various other rattlers, he comes across as a right ned. He sounds like he’s from Ibrox when he’s on there.

I like Halliday as well, but if he’s gonna be involved in the media, why not just keep the one persona rather than trying to be one of the boys and sound like a ned?

On his anecdote, Wee Rossiter is a scouser mind, he will be hard as nails on the park. Glad to see he’s doing better now. He was a cracking wee player who we should have got the best out of. Just wasn’t to be.
He sounds like he's from Ibrox? do you mean Govan?

Open Goal is not meant to be a highbrow show, it is what it is.

Are you talking about Halliday and his penchant for ripping the piss out of or sharing stories about ex colleagues and management to make a couple of wee shettlestons laugh?
Would that be the same players and management team we all gave a hard time back then while lauding Halliday because he was a Bear from Ibrox that gave everything during his time at our club.

Thought so :shh:

Would that be the same players and management team we all gave a hard time back then while lauding Halliday because he was a Bear from Ibrox that gave everything during his time at our club.

Thought so :shh:

I asked you a question, you haven’t really answered it mate, you could have been talking about Halliday using his ex Rangers team mates to give some Earl haigs a cheap laugh. I don’t think he fought any harder than the rest of the squad during the darkest times to be honest. He looked as hapless as the rest.

Halliday is basically a token Rangers man on Clyde and that open goal pish.

Wouldn’t take anything he says these days in relation to current goin seriously as he’s now out the loop.

His time has come and gone, we move on

See Alves has just signed for a Greek side age 39
Some amount of nonsense you’ve just spouted here again

halliday out of the loop is a statement based on absolute nothing,

he’s still in touch with the gaffer and his close pal is ryan jack and James tavernier.

halliday just want at the level we wanted to be but to say he’s out of the loop is absolute dross mate.

I asked you a question, you haven’t really answered it mate, you could have been talking about Halliday using his ex Rangers team mates to give some Earl haigs a cheap laugh. I don’t think he fought any harder than the rest of the squad during the darkest times to be honest. He looked as hapless as the rest.
I don't care what they think is funny from back then, thats in the past.

Where is their 10 in a row?

How is their CEO doing?

Who is top of the league?

Who has lost 2 out of 5 league games.

Who hasn't won an away game in the league since February?

Who is laughing now. ;)

I don't care what they think is funny from back then, thats in the past.

Where is their 10 in a row?

How is their CEO doing?

Who is top of the league?

Who has lost 2 out of 5 league games.

Who hasn't won an away game in the league since February?

Who is laughing now. ;)

Im as happy about all of that as you are mate. Not quite sure what it’s got to do with the thread or the point I was making though :))

He sounds like he's from Ibrox? do you mean Govan?

Open Goal is not meant to be a highbrow show, it is what it is.
Of course it’s not meant to be highbrow, but don’t act one way on radio and another when it’s a podcast or show.

As I said, I like the guy. He’s honest and he’s actually quite a bright boy and good pundit, I just don’t like the slangy way on this opengoal pish.

And aye, I meant govan :)) :))

Several empty bottles of buckfast and fag packets scattered about the table would add a certain element of Je ne sais quoi to the proceedings.

Of course it’s not meant to be highbrow, but don’t act one way on radio and another when it’s a podcast or show.

As I said, I like the guy. He’s honest and he’s actually quite a bright boy and good pundit, I just don’t like the slangy way on this opengoal pish.

And aye, I meant govan :)) :))
I think he just dumbs himself down for his surroundings on Open Goal.

He would train regularly in David Lloyd at Anniesland when I went there. Very quiet lad.
Don't know if his bird is from up here or what, but Jordan was in my gym (Glasgow City Centre) last Sunday morning at 6.30am putting himself through an upper body workout.

He's obviously a model pro and not wanting to waste another second of his career if he can help it.

I don't think Andy comes across well on that podcast. Like most Scottish players/pundits will always take the the easy option of slagging the foreigner but the Scots are all "good guys". He doesn't seem to have much time for supporters opinions on the game either. Also seemed to bring Alfie into the penalty discussion for a cheap pop.

I’m rapidly going off Halliday. Is he genuinely being snarky about Bruno Alves?

Yes, that’s Bruno Alves.

As for the needless sarcasm about Rossiter’s injuries? Twattish behaviour.
He just looks like he’s trying too hard to get all fans to like while making all us go off him

Didn’t fancy Alves at all with us , struggled to cope with the physicality of the spl and the constant returning to Portugal didn’t sit right with me

Didn’t fancy Alves at all with us , struggled to cope with the physicality of the spl and the constant returning to Portugal didn’t sit right with me
Terrible that he visited his family. Personally I get really pissed off when Steven Gerrard goes back to Liverpool too.

I’m rapidly going off Halliday. Is he genuinely being snarky about Bruno Alves?

Yes, that’s Bruno Alves.

As for the needless sarcasm about Rossiter’s injuries? Twattish behaviour.
Agree he’s coming across as a snidey guy more and more . Weird , I liked him at first on the wireless etc

Terrible that he visited his family. Personally I get really pissed off when Steven Gerrard goes back to Liverpool too.
Due to a lack of interest confirmed when he went to Portugal the day before an 18/19 year old Bates would be making his old firm debut, proper Rangers players experienced in the same position would have roomed with the lad

Mental that people on here greet till they are blue in the face about the media being Infested with tims then soon as a Rangers man like Halliday starts to get involved they throw a wobbly over the first thing he says that they disagree with
Halliday just comes across like he's talking to his pals on Open Goal whereas Clyde he needs to be a bit more professional. Few times he's said stuff that I've disagreed with but on the whole he's absolutely fine. As you say he's good at winding Slaney and Ferry up they always take the bait.

“Aw they caps for Portugal n that but I jus never. Just in games he couldnae dae whit he usually diz.”

Or something like that. Good insight there. If they really were smashing into each other all the time you would have thought the manager would have stepped in. You don’t want that, particularly when one of them clearly needed protection from injuries.

Yeah that was hilarious. Played at the highest level for years but shat it at the piggery. Was also seen with a protective boot on the following do to fly out and see his personal physiotherapist. Classic FF though.
4-0 down I think, clearly injured but we'd used all our subs so he played on.

Clearly a shitebag :))

Two totally contrasting personalities here from Halliday.

On radio snyde he’s piloted, reasonably, and sounds pretty intelligent and educated.

On this rancid hole of a show run by Pedros boy and Various other rattlers, he comes across as a right ned. He sounds like he’s from Ibrox when he’s on there.

I like Halliday as well, but if he’s gonna be involved in the media, why not just keep the one persona rather than trying to be one of the boys and sound like a ned?

On his anecdote, Wee Rossiter is a scouser mind, he will be hard as nails on the park. Glad to see he’s doing better now. He was a cracking wee player who we should have got the best out of. Just wasn’t to be.

Exactly this.

The amount of times he’s says “mate” on that open goal makes him really hard to listen to. He’s like a different person on Clyde.

By the way for the most part Halliday comes off as a pretty likeable. But on these shows he seems to go into ned mode to try and fit in with that crowd.

I also have to say he can’t be too judgmental because I remember him not exactly covering himself in glory in OF humpings in that era. Lazily letting runners peel off that led to us conceding.

Got let off on here for throwing a tantrum when he was correctly hooked against the Yahoos. Acted like a big wean and folk applauded him for it. Seems to have amnesia about his own performances.

Got let off on here for throwing a tantrum when he was correctly hooked against the Yahoos. Acted like a big wean and folk applauded him for it. Seems to have amnesia about his own performances.

He was rotten and he went down without a fight like the rest of them; the tantrums etc were just fan service as far as I’m concerned. Being one of us has bought him some serious leeway over the years, of course doing half decent in the early days of Gerrard meant people were willing to just pretend everything that came before never actually happened.

Back