Bruno Alves

Some of the comments on here basically accusing a pro like Alves of feigning injury are absolutely shocking.

What is the rationale of people saying he’s at it? Just “a hunch”???

Doing the papers job for them...
I don't think people are accusing him of feigning injury it's more the case of him being fit but not selected

I don't think people are accusing him of feigning injury it's more the case of him being fit but not selected

He was telling people last Saturday night at the charity night he had a back injury. Is he just playing along with it and happy not to be playing this close to a World Cup then?

In the scenario of winning the ball that was put in for the first goal last night

yes I do , he’s our best by a country mile at winning those type of headers
He's no better at crosses than any of them. High balls coming directly in front of him he's nigh on unbeatable though.

Dorrans is starting the next stage of his treatment next week, a few weeks away yet
I hope Dorrans plays better than he has been before he got injured.

As for Alves you can't leave him out for Wilson look at the defending last night and the previous times.

He supposedly has a back injury yet has been in full training along with Cardoso

So why are neither in the match day 11 let alone squad?

It’s a farce tbf

I'm not ITK but let's look at human nature. No way is he busting a gut for us, or playing through pain etc. He wants in WC squad and will do what he wants...why would anyone expect otherwise? "Take these injections Bruno and get out there...". Aye, right.

Back