Brutal Stephen McGowan takedown of Timmy in the Daily Mail

Can’t disagree with a word of it. Glorious stuff.
Wonder how his article got past big Peters editorial powers right enough.
Maybe some of the filth will actually start realising how bad they are.
Every one of them on SSB last night saying they are “glad” they are now out of the CL..even though their club say they need to be in every 3 of the 5 years to balance the books. Talk about being in denial
4 years now and counting.
Tick tock.
I'm not one of them and I'm glad too, does that make me a shark tosser? B-D

Was thinking the same. Did he mean £5m was Midtylland's wage bill? Probably not but even with all the departures, it seems like his arithmetic is wrong.

As someone mentioned above can only assume it’s using the wages published in their most recent accounts for the bigger number which would have included the likes of Brown, Elyounoussi, Ajer and Duffy who are now gone.

Add in a few probably-bigger earners who weren’t in the starting 11 the other night like Julien and Barkas and it’s maybe not that unrealistic.

McGowan today the angry sellik fan has a pop at the board, not the manager!

"New manager Ange Postecoglou should not be blamed for Celtic's latest failure in Europe..."

McGowan the happy sellik fan 4 years ago after Progres knocked Rangers out has a pop at the board - and the manager!

"There was no need to gamble on Caixinha, not when there was a perfectly good alternative in Aberdeen."

Hey Stephen, that perfectly good alternative in Aberdeen is now a free agent.

Caixinha lasted 7 months, Postecoglou won't last that long.

I think the first time I realised that Sports journalists were not always fair and balanced , and learning that so late was naive of me , was when I read Scotland on Sunday after a hammering they took in Europe. It may have been Xamax Neuchatel.
Basically it roasted all of their players as non triers and said that , even though Rangers had failed in Europe they at least put an effort in and this bunch of lazy b*stards could not care less.

It was so obviously written whilst weeping copiously that the journalist (who may have been Kevin McCarra) demonstrated to me that their biases would always show on the page and that they could not be impartial.

The tone of McGowan's article has reminded me of that.

Was thinking the same. Did he mean £5m was Midtylland's wage bill? Probably not but even with all the departures, it seems like his arithmetic is wrong.

He is talking about the Celtic team. There will be a few 100K in there. Edouard is probably taking 40% of that total.

He is talking about the Celtic team. There will be a few 100K in there. Edouard is probably taking 40% of that total.
It's telling that his article is so poorly written that it's not immediately obvious whether he's referring to FC Midtjylland (whose wage bill is around £12m per annum) or his favourite team (over £50m per annum).

As an aside, it's more than likely that the wage bill of the FC Midtjylland starting eleven was lower than that of the Yahoo's starting eleven the other night.

I hope we heed the lessons of Hubris FC and that we never allow ourselves the self indulgence that has consumed them.

I have no doubt we are in professional hands both on and off the pitch and that we have the best days of Rangers ahead of us to look forward to.

Written by a beast apologist !

No more than a "please do better" piece rather than an objective bit of journalism

Such is the low bar of scottish press that when the slightest bit of honesty appears it is earth shattering !
That’s what I found. This news hasn’t been new to us for ages, yet only now it’s being highlighted. I actually want them to gaslight the sellik fans as it stops them from addressing the issues they have.

Pretty certain he means celtics. McGregor and odourd will probably be the only ones on large salaries but I still think he’s talking bollocks.
The rest of it was good entertainment mind
Murray, Welsh, Bain, Taylor, Ralston wont be on big bucks. Probably not Turdball or Soro either.

I can remember arguing with folk on here at the start of last season about how superior our squad was to their's.

They were claiming the scum had more depth to their squad and the stronger midfield.
Some just love to talk them up as that somehow protects those posters emotionally when Celtic do eventually win the league again, which 100% will not be in 2022, but for some reason we have to pretend it's a strong possibility every year, even when its not.

Beaten to the punch as usual, but worth posting again
"It’s now three years since former Rangers chairman Dave King warned that one title for Steven Gerrard would see Celtic’s domination of Scottish football collapse ‘like a pack of cards’. If they laughed then, they’re not laughing now."

1. How smug is DK feeling now?

2. McGowan is a wee specky f*****n cůnt, who is hurting badly.

"Burdened by a wage bill of £53m — the biggest in Scotland by some distance — roughly £40m of that cash is spent on first-team salaries. Yet, against Midtjylland, the wages of the starting XI came to no more than £5m"

That really is... I mean there are no other words for it, a disaster, a catastrophe when it comes to a side building their football squad

“Burdened by a wage bill of £53m — the biggest in Scotland by some distance — roughly £40m of that cash is spent on first-team salaries. Yet, against Midtjylland, the wages of the starting XI came to no more than £5m.”

That can’t be right surely? Who the hell is the rest of that money going to?

I thought that as well but it doesn't take long to wax up a hilarious amount of cash they are spending Julien, Bolingoli, Bitton, Ntcham, Ajetti, Barkas and Rogic, a few of them didn't start, must be a fair chunk of cash going on that

It is a Tim writing in the press about his favourite team.
He is in some pain.
As much as I try to ignore his scribblings which belong in a fanzine rather than a national newspaper, it is nonetheless a comical read.

Last season saw their world come crashing down in spectacular style.
One moment it was trebles all round the next they were face-first in the gutter.
Gerrard took them by the scruff of the neck and tossed them out the door of Scotland's football pub, like a dismissive bouncer ejecting a loudmouth, drunk on one too many.
Most drunks would have picked themselves up by now, but this one is still languishing in its own pysh.

It is a shame that the authorities are too corrupt to find a prison cell for this particular drunk, because hidden away in the folds of its tattered clothes are the crimes of half a century.
McGowan won't be writing about that!
Agree

It is a Tim writing in the press about his favourite team.
He is in some pain.
As much as I try to ignore his scribblings which belong in a fanzine rather than a national newspaper, it is nonetheless a comical read.

Last season saw their world come crashing down in spectacular style.
One moment it was trebles all round the next they were face-first in the gutter.
Gerrard took them by the scruff of the neck and tossed them out the door of Scotland's football pub, like a dismissive bouncer ejecting a loudmouth, drunk on one too many.
Most drunks would have picked themselves up by now, but this one is still languishing in its own pysh.

It is a shame that the authorities are too corrupt to find a prison cell for this particular drunk, because hidden away in the folds of its tattered clothes are the crimes of half a century.
McGowan won't be writing about that!
Was going to post my own thoughts,but don't see the need now as you have just smashed the nail on the head mate.
Well said.

They're basically having a controlled descent into terrain - a plane crash caused by negligence and lack of attention on the part of those in charge, rather than a technical failure or external event.

Back