Brutal Stephen McGowan takedown of Timmy in the Daily Mail

It's amazing to think back to where we were a few years ago. I was really worried that we might take many years to catch up with them. To not only catch them but leave them behind in a short space of time is remarkable.

However my problem with reading that and similar articles is that very little credit is given to the massive turnaround achieved by Rangers. All Celtic's problems are attributed to bad management. No one can argue with that, but even if they had been well run I still think we would have caught them with the current team and infrastructure we have in place.

“Burdened by a wage bill of £53m — the biggest in Scotland by some distance — roughly £40m of that cash is spent on first-team salaries. Yet, against Midtjylland, the wages of the starting XI came to no more than £5m.”

That can’t be right surely? Who the hell is the rest of that money going to?

I think that £53m figure is probably inclusive of the likes of Brown and all the expensive loan signings they had last season. Pretty sure I read that Duffy and Elyounoussi between them were costing Celtic over £100k a week.

It’s now three years since former Rangers chairman Dave King warned that one title for Steven Gerrard would see Celtic’s domination of Scottish football collapse ‘like a pack of cards’. If they laughed then, they’re not laughing now.
tenor.gif

Years of arrogance finally got the better of them that and a hungry, lively Rangers team, the chase for winning the league this season starts now.
We worried about our own team through hell and high waters they gloated about theirs let's see how many rhats desert the sinking ship at the first hurdle.

It is a Tim writing in the press about his favourite team.
He is in some pain.
As much as I try to ignore his scribblings which belong in a fanzine rather than a national newspaper, it is nonetheless a comical read.

Last season saw their world come crashing down in spectacular style.
One moment it was trebles all round the next they were face-first in the gutter.
Gerrard took them by the scruff of the neck and tossed them out the door of Scotland's football pub, like a dismissive bouncer ejecting a loudmouth, drunk on one too many.
Most drunks would have picked themselves up by now, but this one is still languishing in its own pysh.

It is a shame that the authorities are too corrupt to find a prison cell for this particular drunk, because hidden away in the folds of its tattered clothes are the crimes of half a century.
McGowan won't be writing about that!

I was looking for the LIKE button after reading that B-)
I feel a deep sense of satisfaction. After everything we went through, for this to now be the way it is with those rhat cnuts, it feels that a great injustice has been sorted.

I hope they fcuking fall very hard.

OK, but we must not fall into a similar mindset. While I am confident about the domestic season European progress is essential, particularly as we should be back with full attendances and the cash flow that brings as well as prize money. Malmö will be difficult. But if we win the play-off will be very hard with potential opponents such as Salzburg, Shakhtar, Olympiacos, Benfica, Zagreb, Legia Warsaw and Slavia Prague.
giphy.gif

A wage bill of 53 million and they field a team who get paid only 5 million of it! They were paying 48 million a year to players who didn't play? Wow!
There is no way McGowan could know the salaries of the 11 players who started the game on Wed. If their combined salary total is £5m, that means they earn an average of £9k per week while the rest of the squad are paid ten times as much? I'm calling bollocks.

A wage bill of 53 million and they field a team who get paid only 5 million of it! They were paying 48 million a year to players who didn't play? Wow!
That’s probably the biggest take away from the whole thing I had too.. for their wage bill still to be higher than ours yet their defence looked like it did on Wednesday is incredible

It is a Tim writing in the press about his favourite team.
He is in some pain.
As much as I try to ignore his scribblings which belong in a fanzine rather than a national newspaper, it is nonetheless a comical read.

Last season saw their world come crashing down in spectacular style.
One moment it was trebles all round the next they were face-first in the gutter.
Gerrard took them by the scruff of the neck and tossed them out the door of Scotland's football pub, like a dismissive bouncer ejecting a loudmouth, drunk on one too many.
Most drunks would have picked themselves up by now, but this one is still languishing in its own pysh.

It is a shame that the authorities are too corrupt to find a prison cell for this particular drunk, because hidden away in the folds of its tattered clothes are the crimes of half a century.
McGowan won't be writing about that!
Say no more....
269D5D8700000578-2993059-image-m-17_1426265960658.jpg

“Burdened by a wage bill of £53m — the biggest in Scotland by some distance — roughly £40m of that cash is spent on first-team salaries. Yet, against Midtjylland, the wages of the starting XI came to no more than £5m.”

Mibbe s,
barkas , the defender who done hi knee, forest, ajeti, the two new signings who are isolating,
can’t think who else?

OK, but we must not fall into a similar mindset. While I am confident about the domestic season European progress is essential, particularly as we should be back with full attendances and the cash flow that brings as well as prize money. Malmö will be difficult. But if we win the play-off will be very hard with potential opponents such as Salzburg, Shakhtar, Olympiacos, Benfica, Zagreb, Legia Warsaw and Slavia Prague.

FF = Random internet bampots talking bollocks and laughing at the beasts' misfortune

RFC = Professional football club run by Douglas Park, Stewart Robertson, Ross Wilson, Steven Gerrard

FF=/= RFC

£35m. First team wage bill was £40m. They have 550 employees.

Can’t disagree with a word of it. Glorious stuff.
Wonder how his article got past big Peters editorial powers right enough.
Maybe some of the filth will actually start realising how bad they are.
Every one of them on SSB last night saying they are “glad” they are now out of the CL..even though their club say they need to be in every 3 of the 5 years to balance the books. Talk about being in denial
4 years now and counting.
Tick tock.

Do Celtic have ANY good non playing staff at their club? You have to suspect the answer is no when their signings are poor, fitness in poor and Strachan and Kennedy are key men.

Just after the channel 4 documentary exposing the celtic boys club scandal that idiot sent out a vague tweet stating he knows about the wider aspect of all football clubs involvement in this scandal and that the initial expose by the female daily record reporter in the mid 90's was false. He corresponded with a victims family stating he knows about editors covering things up and has been silent about it since.

That guy is just another immoral celtic troll that gets to spew their bile on a national paper only this time McGowan's bile is done through tear filled eyes.

Aye, valid points made in the article. But I’ve got no doubt that Mr McGowan was one of those laughing at Dave King’s statement. And I’ve also got no doubt that he is hurting very badly!

The £5m is the Danes wage bill, not Celtics starting 11
Pretty certain he means celtics. McGregor and odourd will probably be the only ones on large salaries but I still think he’s talking bollocks.
The rest of it was good entertainment mind

Pretty certain he means celtics. McGregor and odourd will probably be the only ones on large salaries but I still think he’s talking bollocks.
The rest of it was good entertainment mind
He did mean their starting 11, which is less than 9k a week on average :p

Aye, valid points made in the article. But I’ve got no doubt that Mr McGowan was one of those laughing at Dave King’s statement. And I’ve also got no doubt that he is hurting very badly!
The guy is as rabid as they come, it really wouldn't surprise me if we found out that he is that twitter twat lippylipez.

I had a look through his twitter attachments etc and he has a lot about our supposed demise in 2012 with family member's also participating with great humour in that time.

Exaggerated to put pressure on their board to force them to do something. When we were down they just attacked us out of hate.

Savage but true, and totally symptomatic of Scottish football and how it has been run for years. Gerrard & King broke that model but nobody wants to listen - they want to remain a "Polaroid". They were all bought a pass with a draw against England - everything is just fine .
Scum FC is the core of the cancer that will not be easily cut out.

Was thinking the same. Did he mean £5m was Midtylland's wage bill? Probably not but even with all the departures, it seems like his arithmetic is wrong.

Back