BT commentary

I saw some of their game in a pub before heading to Ibrox. Just that the point Jota put them 2-1 up. Commentator with Hartson jizzing themselves! He scored as their CB fell!

I didn't have the 'benefit' of commentary but watching the game I thought Rangers were in control for most of the game should've won by more and according to my ass which is more informed than 'pundits' a pretty comfortable win.

To be fair the top (unbiast) commentary moment of the the evening goes to Rory Hamilton when first Andrich equalised then the extra tasty winner form Diaby. It sounded like someone had done a big jobby in his kettle and poured him a cuppa and went...."you enjoy that mate".

If you listen carefully you can hear his heart breaking. Just glorious.

I can’t be the only one that wants to punch Craigan and tell him to shut up.
He just wants to fill the dead air with irrelevant witerings and tries too hard to make out he is some sort of tactical genius

You’ve over dosed on the deludamol.

The negativity throughout commentary about us is evident. That idiot Craigan even referred to us fans as vultures, he wasn’t talking about the media, it was us. He then says we are playing an awful team who can’t defend etc making them out to be one of the worst teams in football.

As for McLean, I lost count the amount of times he mentioned Sunday.

Not one mention about what we’ve achieved 3 years in a row, what we’ve done for the co-efficient etc.

Yet the mob across the city, whose manager has had the worst start in the league since Lou Macari, whose team have conceded the most goals in the Europa League are lauded like world beaters before the game, during the game and after the game.

If you think Mclean and Craigan are fine, you can’t be listening closely enough.
Wow.

If my not listening closely enough meant that I was able to enjoy last nights game without getting so angry I had to write six paragraphs on the internet, I’m happy with that.

You’ve over dosed on the deludamol.

The negativity throughout commentary about us is evident. That idiot Craigan even referred to us fans as vultures, he wasn’t talking about the media, it was us. He then says we are playing an awful team who can’t defend etc making them out to be one of the worst teams in football.

As for McLean, I lost count the amount of times he mentioned Sunday.

Not one mention about what we’ve achieved 3 years in a row, what we’ve done for the co-efficient etc.

Yet the mob across the city, whose manager has had the worst start in the league since Lou Macari, whose team have conceded the most goals in the Europa League are lauded like world beaters before the game, during the game and after the game.

If you think Mclean and Craigan are fine, you can’t be listening closely enough.
I never hear them often because I’m at home games and we use RTV and a VPN for away games but obviously they were the only access for all the European games last season during lockdown. They were so relentlessly negative and dull we lasted 10 minutes before turning the volume off. That’s what we’ve done on BT ever since.

I am not surprised their negativity towards us the way we treat them. We should be rising above it all and conduct our selves in the words of Mr Struth

"I am never happier than when the outside world has us beaten before a ball is kicked - for then I know the true greatness of our club will be revealed"

"We emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome"

These words are true on and off the park.

I never hear them often because I’m at home games and we use RTV and a VPN for away games but obviously they were the only access for all the European games last season during lockdown. They were so relentlessly negative and dull we lasted 10 minutes before turning the volume off. That’s what we’ve done on BT ever since.
Same here mate., and I’m glad I don’t have to listen to the too much as I’m at the games.

It was excruciating last year and it just continues. Why do we not get an ex Rangers player for every game? They get ex players 100% of the time. BT were taking the piss the last time wanting sutton and lennon to be at our home game as pundits.

Sutton, the guy who has behaved like a deranged celtc fan when talking about us, mocking us, laughing at us and putting the boot in at every turn.

The guy can’t be professional, he’s a prick and he knows he’s a prick. The attack on Caixinha after a game one time was disgraceful as was the time he was mocking us after a game with lennon sitting beside him laughing at us with him.

He should’ve been banned a long time ago. We should compile a video of all of his to show BT and tell them he will never be welcome.

He’s not the panto villain as he’s made out to be, it’s only us he does it with. We know it and they know it.

5min clips on their YT channel is about as much as I can handle of BT Sport and I’m glad that they don’t cover our league games any longer.

Their coverage of English football domestically and in Europe is bearable.

When BT first launched I thought it was quite decent. But then it slipped into this Craigan / Sutton moanfest hatefest and with an Aberdeen supporting commentator, who used to be ok back in the day, but is just so negative towards us now.

They need McCoist out the studio and replacing Craigan. Ally is the best Co Commentator in the UK right now.

Same here mate., and I’m glad I don’t have to listen to the too much as I’m at the games.

It was excruciating last year and it just continues. Why do we not get an ex Rangers player for every game? They get ex players 100% of the time. BT were taking the piss the last time wanting sutton and lennon to be at our home game as pundits.

Sutton, the guy who has behaved like a deranged celtc fan when talking about us, mocking us, laughing at us and putting the boot in at every turn.

The guy can’t be professional, he’s a prick and he knows he’s a prick. The attack on Caixinha after a game one time was disgraceful as was the time he was mocking us after a game with lennon sitting beside him laughing at us with him.

He should’ve been banned a long time ago. We should compile a video of all of his to show BT and tell them he will never be welcome.

He’s not the panto villain as he’s made out to be, it’s only us he does it with. We know it and they know it.
Spot on mate. I agree with every word.

To be fair the top (unbiast) commentary moment of the the evening goes to Rory Hamilton when first Andrich equalised then the extra tasty winner form Diaby. It sounded like someone had done a big jobby in his kettle and poured him a cuppa and went...."you enjoy that mate".

Rory Hamilton, is that the Celtic TV commentator Rory Hamilton or am I mistaken....

I am not surprised their negativity towards us the way we treat them. We should be rising above it all and conduct our selves in the words of Mr Struth

"I am never happier than when the outside world has us beaten before a ball is kicked - for then I know the true greatness of our club will be revealed"

We treat them that way because of their unprofessional approach to us. You have it the wrong way round.

You can’t blame the initial action on the reaction.

We've showed a good reaction to a bad defeat in the same week.
We certainly looked more disciplined but the opposition were all over the place most the time.

We scored one good goal, passed up 2 or 3 chances which ought to have put the game to bed and rode our luck on at least 2 occasions which threatened to undo the good work.

2-0 looks good but c'mon when have you seen a defence lose a goal like Alfie's second, other than the time he robbed the Ross County keeper who'd forgotten he was behind him?

We did well but could've and should've done better.

A good start though and certainly to something to build on. I think that was reflected in the commentary, as dull as it was on the ears.

We treat them that way because of their unprofessional approach to us. You have it the wrong way round.

You can’t blame the initial action on the reaction.
I was not blaming anything just a point that to be the better man you rise above it and not try to beat them at their own game. Focus on ourselves not others

We've showed a good reaction to a bad defeat in the same week.
We certainly looked more disciplined but the opposition were all over the place most the time.

We scored one good goal, passed up 2 or 3 chances which ought to have put the game to bed and rode our luck on at least 2 occasions which threatened to undo the good work.

2-0 looks good but c'mon when have you seen a defence lose a goal like Alfie's second, other than the time he robbed the Ross County keeper who'd forgotten he was behind him?

We did well but could've and should've done better.

A good start though and certainly to something to build on. I think that was reflected in the commentary, as dull as it was on the ears.
Ps if you saw the Celtic game, the commentary from Hartson was magnificent. He went from gushing sick in the throat excitement when they took the lead to graveside silence in the space of half an hour. A magnificent (his favourite word) performance :D

Watched the highlights show last night when I got home.

Did anyone hear that god awful noise Hartson made as Leverkusen scored their winner B-D

We did hang on in the last 15 minutes. Didn’t watch their game and couldn’t care less what was said.

Commentary was fine.
Rubbish! We didn’t hang on for the last 15, it’s called seeing the game out, they had zero chances, and I turned the sound off for a while because of McLeans bias and Craigan waffling drivel as always.

Gies peace. Zero issues with the commentary over the game. They’re allowed to be honest.
I don't think I have all that many issues with what he says, but when you compare Rob Mclean's dour, drab, fit for a funeral service monotone compared with the excited, up beat, (dare i say) almost fan like commentary that is given for the filth games on the same channel, then you can see why people have issues. Listen back to the commentary that he gives when Roofe scored his wonder goal. He barely lifts his voice from his Rev I.M. Jolly-esque delivery for what was 1 of the goals of the Europa League.

Constantly bringing up Sunday.When brondby scored it was terrible news for Rangers blah blah then sounded depressed when Lyon came back McLean is a clown
That was McLean's way of showing support to his oafish colleague Sutton. He's a guy quite happy to compromise the quality of his commentary if he thinks it'll annoy Rangers. Well I'm sure Rangers didn't care, and the only people it annoyed were BT viewers. Rob McLean seriously lacks professionalism.

When we lost home and away to motherwell a few years back in the play offs, at the Fir Park game I was going into the bogs as Rob McLean was coming out, I said 'Hi Rob, cheering The Rangers on today?' he said that'll be fvckin' right!!
I was out last night but watched highlights on youtube. The plank commentating on the filth game I think is a season ticket holder at the cesspitt, could he be more OTT if he tried???

Sunset and Vine are the production company..They are the ones that provide the coverage for BT/Premier Sports. They hire the on air talent and for whatever reason theyve taken Sutton off comms and replaced him with Hartson.

They also have a deal with them to do Tim Tv, which seems to be why Rory Hamilton forgets which channel he is working on. I saw the highlights of their game after ours last night snd the commentary was boak inducing, until Leverkusen scored their 3rd goal (insert Ralph Wiggum gif). Meanwhile we have the equivalent of Larry, Curly & Moe doing our game who would mske your ears bleed.

The standard of Football Broadcasting in Scotland is as low as its ever been and I dont see it getting any better.

I was not blaming anything just a point that to be the better man you rise above it and not try to beat them at their own game. Focus on ourselves not others
Your opening line says they treat us the way they do because of how we treat them. When in fact it is the other way round,

We tried ignoring their nonsense for decades. Doesn’t work.

Insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result.

The scum could of got beat 10 2 and they were waxing lyrical

We strolled it 2 0 and they were saying we rode our luck.....says it all really
I heard them say we rode our luck at times but it was a good victory or words to that effect ?
I would say Sparta rode their luck a few times and it could have 4/5-0

Celtic commentary was going on about how no team could stop their world class strike force after scoring a panaka(or what ever it was). I don’t want that that either just someone that can actually report and commentate on the actual game. The verbal diarrhoea by that idiot is just min numbing annoyance.

Rob Mclean has always been this way on there, bbc sportsound commentry and also at setanta.

Made a nice career out of being biased/negative about all things Rangers. Think he also works for Aberdeen tv which may explain a lot, hes similar to Richard Gordon.

For folk that say hes always dull not really, he gets excited if we get beat or the tims score a goal.

Crap.

McLean mentioned every negative he could imagine about us A disgraceful commentary
He is a cretin of the highest order, iirc was spitting blood on helicopter Sunday for Setanta at Easter Road and also his connection with BBC Shortbread

Rubbish! We didn’t hang on for the last 15, it’s called seeing the game out, they had zero chances, and I turned the sound off for a while because of McLeans bias and Craigan waffling drivel as always.
It’s not rubbish.

We ship 1 goal, and the whole complexion of that game changes. We absolutely hung on. Did you fail to see McGregor’s double wonder save in the last 5 minutes that saved us?

Just watched the highlights based on this post.

Would definitely recommend. Even better hearing Hamilton and Hartson get all moist at 2-1 when you know how the story ends. Lines it up nicely, top class entertainment.

Just got my kid to watch the highlights of both games on BT. They could not believe the stark contrast in the way both games were commentated on. As always we are being dealt a massive disservice. Thank God for IPTV.

Watched the highlights show last night when I got home.

Did anyone hear that god awful noise Hartson made as Leverkusen scored their winner B-D
Hilarious.
Comical.
But seriously…. Did you hear Harrison throughout the game.??? Something seriously wrong with his voice ~ many comments on another thread yesterday thought he was drunk. Or seriously ill. Or both. He should never be a co-commentator.

It might of just been an accent thing but when they said they were about to do coverage at Ibrox it sounded more like the 19th Century Terrorist said "I-brokes "

It wouldn't surprise me if it was meant, they are pathetic wankers.

Back