BT response to Buffalo Brains

I received the exact reply from BT, I believe if enough people complain, and then cancell BT Sport as I have, they will have to take action.

Usual generic reply from BT, absolute shitebaggery from them as expected.
I notice that after a few of our poorer results on the road that Sutton hasn't challenged Stevie live on air like he did with the hapless Pedro. He knows fine well that Stevie would annihilate him and he'd be finished in the media, for our games anyway, as Stevie is wayyyy too many levels above him and the respect he once commanded as a player is now beginning to be replicated in his managerial role.
Sutton had an awful rep as a player, decent at Blackburn and the beggars but voted Chelseas worst ever signing.
He was also asked to leave the mighty Lincoln City pretty quickly after showing how totally clueless he was about the game and in the dugout.

The thing is that when Sutton (or any other commentators) says this or writes an article he isn't working for BT Sport or the Daily Record, in his mind he is working for Celtic. They want to upset Alfie so that he loses form or asks for a transfer, anything because they regard him as a genuine threat to them winning the league. The irony in all this of course is that Alfredo doesn't understand a word of English and wouldn't know Sutton if he kicked him up the arse.

The usual tit for tat between old firm fans. Always looking to score points and put down anything at all related to the opposotion.

Do I dislike Celtic as much as the next guy? Definitely.
Do I have an issue with there past? Definitely.

But talks of boycotting BT, sending emails and whatever else can be done because an ex-Celtic player (who is notoriously infamous for his lack of professionalism and having a dig at us) is laughable, just in my opinion of course. I await the backlash.

The eejit that is Sutton is going to carry on having a go because we give him the air time and have forums like this and other social media platforms have discussion after discussion about him.

Maybe, just maybe if we were to wise up and ignore his ‘controversial’ points and everything he said like the irrelevance that it is and gave him no air time then maybe he wouldn’t keep getting gigs both side of the borders.

Guaranteed that no other clubs supporters talk about Mutton as much as we do.

Like @ID10 says - IGNORE THE NONSENSE, THE IRRELEVANCE AND THE NOISE.

I have literally no idea why people are so raged at this. I despise how people these days scrutinise every single word that comes out of other mouths, to try and create a drama that isn't there. It's a throw away comment trying to be funny.

And, people trying to claim it as some sort of racism... That's really quite pathetic.

Rangers fans should NOT be on Premier sport. Setanta were as bad last time and will be the same as the rest again. A free vpn and RTV for games, proper commentary and no rabids. Sorted.

Why fund scum like BT, Sutton or Setanta when you can fund RFC?

Keep our pound blue.
Unfortunately RTV is absolute crap here in Cape Town.

I have literally no idea why people are so raged at this. I despise how people these days scrutinise every single word that comes out of other mouths, to try and create a drama that isn't there. It's a throw away comment trying to be funny.

And, people trying to claim it as some sort of racism... That's really quite pathetic.
“trying to be funny “ You might think it is pathetic but Sutton has a tendency to be very selective with his throwaway/try to be funny remarks.

Let's face it guys. They knowingly employ a repugnant bankrupt criminal with an assault conviction for spitting in someones face no less. So appealing to their moral compass in this occassion regarding providing this reptile a platform, would appear to be futile.

However I applaud your attempts and determination nonetheless. After all, despite the inane responses from them, we just don't know what's being said to him in private. You may just be reining the bampot in without knowing it or without them wanting to admit it. Keep up the good work.

Ask yourself what the outcome would be if another of their pundits referred to Brown as "Lego brains".

They would be hunted.

Are people genuinely offended by this? Do you all actually think it's racist?

It's a continued denigration of us as a Club from the wee gang of Tim fvckwits in the media mate.

Is it any surprise yer fellow FollowFollowers and Bears are quick to want these bams slapped down after our constant experience of hostility..??!

i'm not offended by it in the slightest but sutton is a prick of the highest order and this is an opportunity to put him in bother with his employers given the extreme lack of professionalism he showed with his comment.

if he were to be fired from BT or forced to apologise you think that would be a bad thing?

Cancel and let them know why you are doing it.

Done just that last week.

Told them the reasons and asked one last question as their customer. Do you actually employ anyone to monitor the comments of imbeciles like Sutton and the potential impact his crass remarks have on the more volitile members of your audience.

If and when I get a response I'll be citing this tenerife incident as an example of what I'm talking about.
We all do our bit Sutton and his ilk will sooner or later be shown the door.

I don't think Sutton's name-calling of Morelos as 'Buffalo Brains' is racist but it is slanderous. His use of the term 'Buffalo Brains' implies that Morelos lacks intelligence and this could be damaging to Morelos' career in the long term as it is aimed at Morelos the footballer despite being a prolific goal-scorer. Making the assumption that Sutton's name-calling is aimed at Morelos' physical style of play he could easily say that Morelos is instead reckless, impetuous or temperamental- fair criticism. However, only insightful and fair journalists, football analysts or co commentators use such words while others resort to the lowest common denominator. Sutton is intentionally trying to denigrate Morelos' reputation albeit through bias, jealousy and probably fear of what the player brings to Rangers.

It also seems that over the years Rangers are 'open season' to some Broadcaster's besmirching remarks e.g. Richard Gordon's on BBC Scotland's Sportsound and his horrible, personal attack on the Rangers striker, Sebo when he said, "Sebo wouldn't look out of place if he was transferred to Edinburgh Zoo".

I think that the hierarchy at Rangers should be standing up and taking action to slanderous remarks like Suttons. And of course Slander can end up in the High Court.

Last edited:
Recieved my response regarding muttons comments, wondered if anyone else got one?

"Thanks for taking the time to contact us.

Chris Sutton used the phrase “buffalo brains” to describe the Rangers forward Alfredo Morelos during BT Sport Score. This description occurred when the guests were talking about the transfers taking place in Scotland during the January transfer window. Whilst acknowledging that Morelos is “…the best centre forward in the (Scottish) league…”, Sutton went on to explain his description of ‘buffalo brains’ by stating “…albeit he can lose the plot…”. This description related to the incidents discussed earlier in the show which occurred during the Old Firm Derby a few days before. During this match, Morelos was fortunate (in some observers’ eyes, including Sutton’s) to escape punishment for several challenges.

On the same show, another guest (the referee Peter Walton) strongly challenged Sutton about his Daily Record article in which Sutton gave his opinion that the standard of refereeing in the Old Firm match was poor. When challenged, Sutton responded by repeating that the views expressed in the article were his “honest opinions”. Chris Sutton, along with the other guests on BT Sport Score strongly condemned the threats against John Beaton.

We understand the above response may not fully alleviate your concerns but we hope the above reassures you that we take our responsibilities as a broadcaster very seriously. We can also confirm that your correspondence has been forwarded to the Production team.

Best wishes
BT Sport Team"
Usual pish then .

Recieved my response regarding muttons comments, wondered if anyone else got one?

Chris Sutton used the phrase “buffalo brains” to describe the Rangers forward Alfredo Morelos during BT Sport Score. This description occurred when the guests were talking about the transfers taking place in Scotland during the January transfer window. Whilst acknowledging that Morelos is “…the best centre forward in the (Scottish) league…”, Sutton went on to explain his description of ‘buffalo brains’ by stating “…albeit he can lose the plot…”. This description related to the incidents discussed earlier in the show which occurred during the Old Firm Derby a few days before. During this match, Morelos was fortunate (in some observers’ eyes, including Sutton’s) to escape punishment for several challenges.

On the same show, another guest (the referee Peter Walton) strongly challenged Sutton about his Daily Record article in which Sutton gave his opinion that the standard of refereeing in the Old Firm match was poor. When challenged, Sutton responded by repeating that the views expressed in the article were his “honest opinions”. Chris Sutton, along with the other guests on BT Sport Score strongly condemned the threats against John Beaton.

We understand the above response may not fully alleviate your concerns but we hope the above reassures you that we take our responsibilities as a broadcaster very seriously. We can also confirm that your correspondence has been forwarded to the Production team.

Best wishes
BT Sport Team"

You should reply you arent satisfied and want Sutton to make an apology on TV for his offense caused.

So if I went on television and said, "Sutton is a kunt" or "broonie the Lego munchers" in-between several other opinions, would this be ok? :D

Let's face it, BT aren't going to give a monkey's considering they're losing the Scottish football to Sky.

The thing is that when Sutton (or any other commentators) says this or writes an article he isn't working for BT Sport or the Daily Record, in his mind he is working for Celtic. They want to upset Alfie so that he loses form or asks for a transfer, anything because they regard him as a genuine threat to them winning the league. The irony in all this of course is that Alfredo doesn't understand a word of English and wouldn't know Sutton if he kicked him up the arse.
or in the balls

Best wishes
BT Sport Team"

Call them, or visit in person, emails are the easiest complaint of all to ignore.

So they’ve responded by giving a recap of events as they transpired rather than expressing any view of what he said and why he was wrong to say it.

That level of reply is very poor from BT Sport.

Got this poor generic reply as well. So just cancelled it altogether. Best option. I'm not listening to that pathetic clown if I can help it.

People actually complained about that? :eek::eek::D

At what level would you consider a complaint? Me personally I feel a guy who is paid very well to be impartial about football isn't doing a very good job when he clearly isn't being impartial.

Like some have said I'm not offended by the nature of what was said more the fact a TV pundit said it, a person In his position saying such things can amplify it to his masses maybe perhaps to the degree we see things such as what was going on in Tenerife today with alfie.

Perhaps add something constrivcons to the discussion next time

This will be unpopular but I agree with their response.

It was a serious reach to say those comments were anything more than an immature backhanded compliment.

Timmy behaviour pretending otherwise.

This will be unpopular but I agree with their response.

It was a serious reach to say those comments were anything more than an immature backhanded compliment.

Timmy behaviour pretending otherwise.

Nonsense! Viewers are expecting a level of professionalism from BT and impartiality and not for one of their commentators to resort to childlike comments about a 22 yr old foreigner that players us! Does he have names for Celtic players? That's a no he doesn't.

He's the one that's been one TV today moaning about threats made to him ( dont believe there has been any) but, what about the mhedia witch hunt of Alfie which today have seen Alfie being abused in Spain and its only a matter of time before one of their nutcase fans assaults him one night when he's out.

That's why people like Sutton should keep their childlike pathetic name calling to themselves.

Nonsense! Viewers are expecting a level of professionalism from BT and impartiality and not for one of their commentators to resort to childlike comments about a 22 yr old foreigner that players us! Does he have names for Celtic players? That's a no he doesn't.
That would be because he supports them mate lol

A forum that does the exact same thing towards their players collectively crying when it's reversed is frankly pathetic.

Best wishes
BT Sport Team"

Find their CEO's email address, and forward this onto him copying in the sender's email address.

State you will be cancelling your subscription as a result of the email, it's what I'll do when I receive the response to my complaint if it's the same as above.

Clearly he won't read it, but the Exec team will take it far more seriously than the minimum paid skivvy who responded to you.

Find their CEO's email address, and forward this onto him copying in the sender's email address.

State you will be cancelling your subscription as a result to the CEO as a result of the email, it's what I'll do when I receive the response to my complaint if it's the same as above.

Double post.

He's paid to be impartial and professional.

Are you sure about that ? I reckon he's as popular as he is because he's good at being controversial and creating talking points, which I have to say - looking at the folk getting all wound up on here - he does quite well.

People wetting their pants over him, and even more embarrassingly, playing the race card over the term "buffalo brains" really need to have a good look at themselves.

Are you sure about that ? I reckon he's as popular as he is because he's good at being controversial and creating talking points, which I have to say - looking at the folk getting all wound up on here - he does quite well.

People wetting their pants over him, and even more embarrassingly, playing the race card over the term "buffalo brains" really need to have a good look at themselves.

So, he's paid to make up infantile names for ONLY Rangers players?

Agreed. Thing is, nobody other than a few people on here really care what he said, it was a throwaway schoolboy level comment which had literally nothing to do with race whatsoever.

Buffalo brains ? Never heard the phrase used before ......

Monkey brains ? Heard that phrase used before to describe a person that acts without thinking ......

Mmm ....

Back