BT response to Buffalo Brains

Adamski82

Recieved my response regarding muttons comments, wondered if anyone else got one?

"Thanks for taking the time to contact us.

Chris Sutton used the phrase “buffalo brains” to describe the Rangers forward Alfredo Morelos during BT Sport Score. This description occurred when the guests were talking about the transfers taking place in Scotland during the January transfer window. Whilst acknowledging that Morelos is “…the best centre forward in the (Scottish) league…”, Sutton went on to explain his description of ‘buffalo brains’ by stating “…albeit he can lose the plot…”. This description related to the incidents discussed earlier in the show which occurred during the Old Firm Derby a few days before. During this match, Morelos was fortunate (in some observers’ eyes, including Sutton’s) to escape punishment for several challenges.

On the same show, another guest (the referee Peter Walton) strongly challenged Sutton about his Daily Record article in which Sutton gave his opinion that the standard of refereeing in the Old Firm match was poor. When challenged, Sutton responded by repeating that the views expressed in the article were his “honest opinions”. Chris Sutton, along with the other guests on BT Sport Score strongly condemned the threats against John Beaton.

We understand the above response may not fully alleviate your concerns but we hope the above reassures you that we take our responsibilities as a broadcaster very seriously. We can also confirm that your correspondence has been forwarded to the Production team.

Best wishes
BT Sport Team"

Yeh, looks like anyone who complained got the exact same response word for word.
What annoys me about it is they don’t actualli answer any questions but defend him by saying they had other points of view too and Sutton said Morelos was the best striker in the league

Summary: It’s all right for Christopher to call him that, because he was lucky not to have been sent off, in our opinion,
Anyway, more importantly, some guest ex referee challenged Christopher’s article in the Record where he said the ref had a poor game.
So there you have it. No condemnation of Shit for brains using the term buffalo brains to abuse a professional footballer.
Papism at its best.

In other words ‘we don’t give a fuuck if you don’t like it, we will continue to fill the panel with rhats and Rangers haters, just pipe down and keep paying your subscriptions.’

giphy.gif

I'd be directly responding to that. Doesn't address the phrase used at all.

I cancelled BT Sport because of their coverage. More Rangers fans should do similar and be on to Premier Sport with their recent announcements also.

Is there one (just one) other player mutton has insulated in the same manner?

Probably not, the cowardly spitting prick.

Any company/organisation has a responsibility for the welfare of them employees. It can’t be acceptable for Alfredo to be publically described as “Buffalo Brains” and Rangers should be registering a formal complaint on the behalf of their employee (Morelos). Our club shouldn’t be leaving it to individual supporters to challenge BT Sports.

I cancelled BT Sport because of their coverage. More Rangers fans should do similar and be on to Premier Sport with their recent announcements also.

Exactly. "Buffalo brains" is explained by 'albeit, he can lose the plot'? How? What's clarified by simply re-stating that(reminds me of a couple of posters on here, right enough)?
There's no attempt at interpreting the slur or explaining the apparent linkage or why it's deemed acceptable, it's the response of a poorly-educated nitwit. Are all players who can 'lose the plot' repeatedly ridiculed in this way?

Wait so they just describe the situation? not even a hint of an apology or reference to the fact that its inappropriate. What the the point in this response?

Sutton is a cock, we all know this, but I really struggle to get offended by Buffalo brains, it’s a childish remark, nothing more.

Purely on Morelos Sutton actually praises him more often than not, he likes him as a player.

I have been calling mutton out on twitter last few months.
I asked him if helicopter Sunday had scarred him so badly that he turned into anbias rangers hater with an agenda against our club.
His twitter is full of scum fans all loving hi stroking his ego.

I commented on the Premier sports tweet announcement he was part of the team asking why would the employ a man with such a hatered for Rangers and is so one sided in his opinion basically.
I have said the same to Michael Stewart another pandering to the scum

Recieved my response regarding muttons comments, wondered if anyone else got one?

Chris Sutton used the phrase “buffalo brains” to describe the Rangers forward Alfredo Morelos during BT Sport Score. This description occurred when the guests were talking about the transfers taking place in Scotland during the January transfer window. Whilst acknowledging that Morelos is “…the best centre forward in the (Scottish) league…”, Sutton went on to explain his description of ‘buffalo brains’ by stating “…albeit he can lose the plot…”. This description related to the incidents discussed earlier in the show which occurred during the Old Firm Derby a few days before. During this match, Morelos was fortunate (in some observers’ eyes, including Sutton’s) to escape punishment for several challenges.

On the same show, another guest (the referee Peter Walton) strongly challenged Sutton about his Daily Record article in which Sutton gave his opinion that the standard of refereeing in the Old Firm match was poor. When challenged, Sutton responded by repeating that the views expressed in the article were his “honest opinions”. Chris Sutton, along with the other guests on BT Sport Score strongly condemned the threats against John Beaton.

We understand the above response may not fully alleviate your concerns but we hope the above reassures you that we take our responsibilities as a broadcaster very seriously. We can also confirm that your correspondence has been forwarded to the Production team.

Best wishes
BT Sport Team"

Where do they actually 'deal' with comments? it just tells us what he done and a bit about Morelos, wtf has the refs to do with it, he's entitled to say what he likes but not in a racist manner.

List me other players that are referred to in terms like the ones used against Alfredo? Particularly white players please....
Hardly going to stick up for Sutton but it's a play on his nickname and it's not like it makes a ton of sense as buffalo's aren't smurfs but if you think that's racist then you need to stop being so sensitive. Complaining about pish like this just makes the support look like a joke and makes other complaints that actually deserve it less likely to be taken seriously.

Rangers should ban Sutton from Ibrox

He’s a hater and he’ll ben on causing damage to our club and players

Stevie G should tell his pals at BT Sport the arsehole is no longer welcome

Phuck Off Bankrupt Bhoy

Rangers fans should NOT be on Premier sport. Setanta were as bad last time and will be the same as the rest again. A free vpn and RTV for games, proper commentary and no rabids. Sorted.

Why fund scum like BT, Sutton or Setanta when you can fund RFC?

Keep our pound blue.

Best wishes
BT Sport Team"
Same as my reply,when complaining against McLean's commentry!don't leave it ,keep complaining,asking why Sutton is so biased,against a young Colombian,playing in a strange country!in a strange league!so obsessed against us!

Rangers fans should NOT be on Premier sport. Setanta were as bad last time and will be the same as the rest again. A free vpn and RTV for games, proper commentary and no rabids. Sorted.

Why fund scum like BT, Sutton or Setanta when you can fund RFC?

Keep our pound blue.

He said on TO them, as in not using them and telling them it's because they're using the BT pundits

Indeed I did but I doubt there will be any further communication.

Your response is generic and I know of numerous others who got the same response.

"You are correct it does nothing to explain the situation, your pundit Chris Sutton appears to have an agenda against one particular player whom he has been extremely derogatory towards yet went unpunished.

It is mentioned by yourselves in the first response " he can lose the plot" can you honestly say that this is the type of professionalism you want for BT?

I only hope now that your organisation keeps this amateur pundit when Scottish football moves to sky so his toxicity stays clear of our game.

I'm I'm extremely disappointed in the handling of this and will take it further independently. I have no desire to ever to pay for any BT product again be it TV, phone or broadband.

I urge you can be one final act of decency to have Chris Sutton apologies to Alfredo Morelos the next time that BT sport has the privilege of having Glasgow Rangers on their broadcast."

Best wishes
BT Sport Team"
Should Morelos consider legal action ?

BT Sport Team is it male female or non binary , does it support scum, any chance it has an Rc education.

no name to reply too so just another copout

It could be construed as Sutton implying that Alfredo is thick - brains of a Buffalo. Surely BT would not want to employ somebody who would ridicule a player for his lack of intelligence? It's not just about his temper IMO, and Sutton will use the term more and more until something is said. Unfortunately our club is not going to call them out on this, maybe one of the supporters groups can.

Keep putting the pressure on his bigoted and bitter views on all things Rangers related, he will be working for Russia Today with his pal wifebeater Stan soon enough

Best wishes
BT Sport Team"
I received exactly the same in response to my email of last Saturday however my view is not to let it rest and shall keep at them.

Are people genuinely offended by this? Do you all actually think it's racist?

No. And no.

But that's not the point.

Sutton's job is to report fairly and impartially. This can still be done even when massively favouring one side. See Neil McCann for example.

It's not about offence or racism, it's about parity and standards. And name-calling through bias is overstepping the mark.

It's why newsreaders on air don't go about referring to Donald trump as a tool.

No. And no.

But that's not the point.

Sutton's job is to report fairly and impartially. This can still be done even when massively favouring one side. See Neil McCann for example.

It's not about offence or racism, it's about parity and standards. And name-calling through bias is overstepping the mark.

It's why newsreaders on air don't go about referring to Donald trump as a tool.
I intend challenging them to refer to 'spoon hied' or the 'Lego muncher' to see it goes with the scum viewers?

Back