BT Sport 2 on Sunday at 7pm - Rangers' Euro Nights

He was my hero as well at that time. I understand the lure of Souness at Blackburn at the time but it killed me that the captain of Rangers was walking away to a team like Blackburn at the time. He could have ran the show in any midfield in Europe at that time. Great player.
Absolutely, his book mentions Liverpool lurking about also. Would have sold my brothers to see Barry and Stevie running a midfield.

Still can't believe we went away to Lyon and beat them 3-0, it was unreal. When Cousin could be arsed playing he was unstoppable.

Feels weird watching this back cause I was an 8 year old kid who didn’t understand the politics or perhaps the context of this game. I assume much tension for older bears during this one mixed with bursting happiness when we go 3-0 up ?.

I know they are on tonight anyway but sky now has bt sport section on catch up. I only noticed this yesterday you can download them to your sky box also our Europa group stage games are there and both legs of braga. catch up - channels- you'll find bt sport

Nice one mate. Thanks for the heads up.

It’s been said on the thread already, the Lyon game must be one of the best results for a British team in Europe. That Lyon side were tremendous and we took them apart in their own ground.

Anytime that games mentioned I always think back to the clip on YouTube that someone put together of Hemdani in that game. Absolute top class on the night and one of my favourite individual performances in Europe from that era.

Totally agree. Hemdani was outstanding that night. He was a massive part of us getting to Manchester and is very often under rated.

Just realised who the ref is. He made me physically burst into tears the following season, champions league semi specifically. No wonder he’s giving these fouls.

Still can't believe we went away to Lyon and beat them 3-0, it was unreal. When Cousin could be arsed playing he was unstoppable.
Was gutted when they came to Ibrox and pumped us out the champions league in the last match of the group stage. Who’d have thought that We’d be down in Manchester the following may for the surfs cup final. Brings back some great memories even if it was a bit of a disappointing season in the end the way it ended.

Could slaughter the goalie at that , however I think it’s more just good centre forward play.

Phenomenal pass from the big man, said it before that is my favourite goal this season. With exception of JCD v sporting .

To be fair, we shouldn't need a Brahim Hemdani when playing shite like that.
Smith’s exceptional season 07/08 overshadowed the embarrassing European performances over the next two seasons. However would I have gave up Manchester to do respectable those seasons ?. Absolutely not, did we not have Christian Daily in midfield against Kaunas ?.

You could drive a bus through the Lyon defence.

As Joke Brown might have said.
We were outside their end before the game and cops rounded us up and put us on a bus already full of bears.
Drove us down a road to where some warehouse were.. thought we are getting leathered here.
Done a burly and took us back to Stadium at Rangers section :))

W
If he doesn't get injured, I honestly believe Michael Mols would have been the greatest foreign player to ever play in this country (and I include Brian Laudrup in that), and one of the best ever regardless of nationality, to play here.
We’ve got to be one of the most unluckiest clubs ever for players picking up career changing injuries. Mols , prodan and Rozental off the top of my head. Mols should have went right through Kahn that night in Munich.

28 years ago, can’t believe it. Ready to watch Cantona and Goram having a duel. Love getting to show my wee brother these games.

Feels weird watching this back cause I was an 8 year old kid who didn’t understand the politics or perhaps the context of this game. I assume much tension for older bears during this one mixed with bursting happiness when we go 3-0 up ?.

What politics are these? Sorry mate I was young as well so not sure what you’re referring to.

Back