BT Sport - Best English Manager ATM

Punpun

Thought this would be a no-brainer to pick our manager for this but apparently not

Discussion started on Graham Potter who, even though I rate him personally, isn't close to Gerrard's level

Majority of the panel choosing to go for the Villa manager cos he's almost-nearly-not-quite getting them 7th place

Only Robbie Savage giving it to Stevie G, but he's popular among the twitter vote

Some moon unit said Scott Parker

Sutton says Roy Hodgson :))

Hodgson isn't a bad shout when you look at his career.

As much as I love Gerrard, the only thing you can point to is a really impressive record in Europe and an incredible season this year so far but nothing won yet.

Still a short career for our manager.

Hodgson isn't a bad shout when you look at his career.

As much as I love Gerrard, the only thing you can point to is a really impressive record in Europe and an incredible season this year so far but nothing won yet.

Still a short career for our manager.
It was 'at the moment'

Our gaffer is in the early stages of a glittering 30-year Management career.

EPL myopia will keep SG off their radar until he’s notched up silverware here. Even then, southern commentators & pundits will merely see that as enhancing his move south at entry level.

I think what you could argue is that hodgson could probably be dropped into any club in the world with almost any backroom team and get them to a consistent level. But probably not excel. Can't say that about Gerrard yet.

Gerrard is the best English manager about right now.

A lot of them can only set a team up to counter attack as under dogs and try survive the league. It’s why Hodgson was such a failure.

Gerrard has to be up there when the competition is made up of the likes of Dyche, Howe, Smith, Potter, Lampard, and Parker. None of them have achieved anything at the top either.

For the majority of English pundits anything that happens outside their border is an irrelevance.

That’s not news.

Would you swap Gerrard for any English manager right now ?

I wouldn't.

Interesting that the England manager isn't even in the discussion by the look of it.

Has there been any club interested in Southgate since he became England manager?

Genuinely can't think of one.

Back