bt sport we knew

Do you feel the big man trying to wind up bears?!?!
These are the trolling posts that ignore the facts and try to make bears look bad.
Worse than a mentally challenged!
It’s a joke mate. You get up on the wrong side of the bed get a grip. Worse than a mentally challenged LOL.

Why doesn’t Hugh Burns appear on RTV anymore? Always liked him as a player and commentator.
Hugh burns was awful and we have a lot better co commentators in Andy little and Stephen Smith and Tom’s commentary has improved because of having better co commentators beside him

just seen on twitter celtic have struck deal with bt sports team to do their streams .we all knew they were impartial,

Think they're only asking for a couple of the BT pundits. Would imagine stewart sutton and a presenter. Any which way to keep their placemen on board

It would be very nice if we were to do something similar to the Castore deal and break the mould. Amazon or such like would be great, with a whole new team. I'm not against guys like McCoist, McCann etc being analysts etc but a new host.

Our Club currently runs at a substantial loss every season. We are about to lose, probably, in excess of £10m in expected income next season through a lack of crowds at Europa League matches in particular, plus routine domestic matches, a reduction in advertising and hospitality revenue etc etc. Yes, we will have some savings in matchday costs to offset that - but we will also have additional costs from testing and associated stuff,

RangersTV live matches probably attract under 10,000 official viewers on a normal Ibrox matchday. We are about to give it free to an additional 46,000. As yet there’s no indication that we will be able to generate extra income from it.

I‘m struggling to see that now is the right time to invest substantial additional sums, over and above what’s already planned with the switch to StreamAMG, to get some extra talking heads in and extend the ‘show’, assuming that will also incur additional bandwidth costs. It would certainly give the presentation a slicker, more professional look - but, in truth, how many actually bother with the preamble and post-match stuff anyway unless we’ve just humped the Dhims?

The time to do it is when we can see a benefit from additional income. If - and we don’t know yet - we are allowed to sell season tickets or pay-per-match to UK viewers over and above the 46k then it might be worth it. Bear in mind though that when fans are allowed back - next Summer? - all those extra subscribers and additional income will disappear but the additional costs would remain.

Prob some deal in it so they don’t ask league for their £4m to make sure scum keep their tainted 8.7 in a row

I don’t think it’s a lot to ask that the club attempt to make the production of these programmes a bit better in the current climate.

Ultimately you can’t go to the pub, you can’t really meet up with mates beforehand etc so let’s at least as a club try and make the Saturday afternoon a bit of an event to look forward to that could potentially make an actual difference to people at the end of another difficult week.

A bit of effort both for the fact season ticket holders have shelled out and to help our supporters have a pleasant afternoon, result permitting.

Honestly, if it’s just the same stuff for the same length of time from the last 5 years then I am going to be disappointed in us.

I don’t think it’s a lot to ask that the club attempt to make the production of these programmes a bit better in the current climate.

Ultimately you can’t go to the pub, you can’t really meet up with mates beforehand etc so let’s at least as a club try and make the Saturday afternoon a bit of an event to look forward to that could potentially make an actual difference to people at the end of another difficult week.

A bit of effort both for the fact season ticket holders have shelled out and to help our supporters have a pleasant afternoon, result permitting.

Honestly, if it’s just the same stuff for the same length of time from the last 5 years then I am going to be disappointed in us.

I understand there are improvements coming from StreamAMG but not to the extent touted on this thread - which would prove very costly I suspect. At the end of the day the service has to be bringing the bucks in. I think the planned investment will be more on infrastructure and reliability rather than talking heads and studios.

I get what you say though, but it has to be borne in mind that the current situation is 'temporary'. By this time next year - if not sooner - season ticket holders will, hopefully, be looking forward to a full Ibrox again and RangersTV for most, will simply be something for video catch-ups as it is for the majority at present. The viewing figures for next season will be hugely at odds with the 'norm'.

I understand there are improvements coming from StreamAMG but not to the extent touted on this thread - which would prove very costly I suspect. At the end of the day the service has to be bringing the bucks in. I think the planned investment will be more on infrastructure and reliability rather than talking heads and studios.

I get what you say though, but it has to be borne in mind that the current situation is 'temporary'. By this time next year - if not sooner - season ticket holders will, hopefully, be looking forward to a full Ibrox again and RangersTV for most, will simply be something for video catch-ups as it is for the majority at present. The viewing figures for next season will be hugely at odds with the 'norm'.

Absolutely.

In fact, I think that as long as the infrastructure exists to stream to increased numbers without incident then any additional “investment” could and should be on temporary bells and whistles only.

We have a good media team capable of producing excellent content and ex-players like KT who can add to the enjoyment of the game whilst not ripping it with an excessive fee.

A tricky balancing act-if the status quo remains then, again, I just appeal to the club to be open and tell us where the focus has been and then we can mitigate that “disappointment”

Rangers TV has desperately needed an upgrade for ages, this is going to hopefully make it unavoidable.

We need pre and post match analysis at the very least, proper commentators too.
Guys who are Rangers through and through or hired hands who bend with the wind. I know what I’d rather have.

It’s nothing to do with BT, basically the mentally challengeds have hired their redundant commentary and production team.

We better be upgrading ours.

Maybe so I am just making the point I’m not subscribing to BT Sport or Sky Sports from the new season onwards. I’ve had enough of the continual shit stirring garbage they indulge in with their array of total arse holes given free reign to deliberately wind up Rangers fans.

It’s sad that I had to listen to Graeme Souness, a hero of mine since childhood mention stopping TEN IN A ROW in a message to the Rangers scouting team when a NINTH title wasn’t won! Souness works for Sky so even he’s doing what he’s told but I’m not having it. Disgusted!

I deal in facts and I take exception to people distorting reality because it’s seen as a good way to create interest and controversy when at the heart of it they are basically pissing all over the Rangers support when they do this so they can all go f@ck themselves now, it’s a total piss take..a complete turn off and it won’t be getting turned back on ever again in my house.

Maybe so I am just making the point I’m not subscribing to BT Sport or Sky Sports from the new season onwards. I’ve had enough of the continual shit stirring garbage they indulge in with their array of total arse holes given free reign to deliberately wind up Rangers fans.

It’s sad that I had to listen to Graeme Souness, a hero of mine since childhood mention stopping TEN IN A ROW in a message to the Rangers scouting team when a NINTH title wasn’t won! Souness works for Sky so even he’s doing what he’s told but I’m not having it. Disgusted!

I deal in facts and I take exception to people distorting reality because it’s seen as a good way to create interest and controversy when at the heart of it they are basically pissing all over the Rangers support when they do this so they can all go f@ck themselves now, it’s a total piss take..a complete turn off and it won’t be getting turned back on ever again in my house.
Souness is doing %^*& all as told mate. It will be 10 weather we like to pretend it won’t or not

Rangers TV is fine as it is. RTV isn't licensed to broadcast in the UK. Its primary purpose is broadcasting matches for overseas bears to view. However, RTV will be broadcasting to season ticket holders in Britain while matches are played behind closed doors. But it will back to business as usual when supporters go back to matches.

If Rangers TV isn't licensed to broadcast content within UK then why is there a monthly and an annual subscription for UK based customers to see content including live games where allowed

Rangers TV is classed as an video on demand service and is regulated by Ofcom

If Rangers TV isn't licensed to broadcast content within UK then why is there a monthly and an annual subscription for UK based customers to see content including live games where allowed

I think the previous poster is getting mixed up.

RTV is licenced to broadcast content in the UK.

The problem isn't with the broadcast licensing in general, the problem is with the rights to the content that is being broadcast. Occasional Euro qualifiers and friendlies are shown live on RTV where permission is given. However, the SPFL (League & League Cup), SFA (Scottish Cup) and UEFA (Champions League & Europa League) do not allow RTV to show games live in the UK as they have sold the rights elsewhere.

Obviously that will have to change for next season.

I think the previous poster is getting mixed up.

RTV is licenced to broadcast content in the UK.

The problem isn't with the broadcast licensing in general, the problem is with the rights to the content that is being broadcast. Occasional Euro qualifiers and friendlies are shown live on RTV where permission is given. However, the SPFL (League & League Cup), SFA (Scottish Cup) and UEFA (Champions League & Europa League) do not allow RTV to show games live in the UK as they have sold the rights elsewhere.

Obviously that will have to change for next season.

Yeah that is right regarding the broadcast rights should have mentioned them and as you say that is where @mart22 is getting mixed up

Last edited:
Going against the grain here a wee bit but I don't care really if Rangers just fire the game on with no build up and no analysis. I don't get it at home games anyway. I turn up, watch the game while folk round about me, and me, shout our own ideas on the game then off I go again.

Analysis is just one person's opinion.

I want to see the game. Everything else is a sideshow and I'd rather the club didn't waste money on giving us fancy montages of the last time we played St Mirren and Hamilton.

Yep. All I care about is the quality of picture, decent camera work and angles, replays etc. Couldn't care less about pre match, half time, post match analysis and interviews.

We can slate them all we want but we really need to do something similar. RTV isn't up to the required standard and with all due respect the commentating is awful.
I just think Rangers are still clearing the decks and getting the Club back to the Club we know and love and I just think other things have took priority. They'll get round to sorting issues out with regard to RTV and if it means it can be upgraded this way, I'm quite happy,as long as we don't have the likes of Sutton sitting in on Rangers games,who is appalling. He can go to CTV for all I care,I don't know why he just does one and give us all peace.

When our games are on when we are at home I take it you won’t need to bother with a vpn to watch the games

Reason for this is there has to be a slight variation of the programme been broadcast in the UK to the one outside it due the license agreement in place for games broadcast outside of the UK so it might not be Tom Millar & another in the UK

Games covered by Sky Sports will also been shown on Rangers TV with this variation for STH

Last edited:

I was talking about league games sold by the SPFL to UK broadcasters. RTV covers these games, but they can't broadcast them in the UK.

Rangers TV has desperately needed an upgrade for ages, this is going to hopefully make it unavoidable.

We need pre and post match analysis at the very least, proper commentators too.

As long as we are winning I could not give a phuck about pre and post match. The game itself is all that matters to me.

As long as we are winning I could not give a phuck about pre and post match. The game itself is all that matters to me.
You might not want value for money but don't suggest that nobody should.

The full RTV package is nowhere near worth what it costs.

Souness is doing %^*& all as told mate. It will be 10 weather we like to pretend it won’t or not

Like I said, it’s a piss take with yahoos and the MSM constantly mentioning TEN...Rangers people saying it as well...numb nuttery of the highest order! Others can join in polishing the heap of dung Filth FC crassly sit on top of but I refuse to do that and call it what it actually is.

Back