bt sport we knew

Having read some of the media stuff on this and stripped away the ‘blurb’ it seems The Dhims have agreed a deal with Sunset & Vine, a tv production company who produce many shows for various tv channels. Not with BT. Though S & V did produce the BT Sport coverage in Scotland. They are also trying to get their favourite pundits in as guests. So Sutton will rock up on occasion as will some of his former BT colleagues. They will be co-comms as I understand it, in the same way we have our ex-players. It’s not going to be a BT Sport style production as you would see on tv.

I’d quite like it if we had tanner or Hayley McQueen in studio with McCann and a different guest every week.
On commentary peter drury and mccoist .

never gonna happen but that would be ideal

Correct me if Im wrong but the virtual season ticket Rangers are giving for free is the same idea as the scums? Season book holders get it and no one else? Why on earth would we throw money away to have an all singing all dancing show if we giving it for free? If we all could buy the virtual ticket then Id see the point. Are the scum charging where we are making it free?

Whoever the commentary team are I hope we send them to the away games. At present it sounds like Toms commentary comes from a cupboard under the stairs

He commentates at Ibrox on the gantry for the away games. If our matches are shown live on tv then whoever is showing the game has to provide a stream for club channels to use hence why the away games are usually better picture quality. My guess would be there is no room on the gantry to send Tom everywhere as most teams have their own club channels who would obviously be prioritised ahead of us.

As for those wanting Peter Drury as commentator he commentates for the EPL on their world feeds so there is no chance of him doing it. Not a huge fan of Tom myself so I just normally turn the sound down.

No surprise, they were very much poet TV before so carrying it over to their official channels will be no trouble.

Tom is bad on commentary, but I'll take that over Stewart, Sutton and 'Crags' every day of the week.

Rangers TV has desperately needed an upgrade for ages, this is going to hopefully make it unavoidable.

We need pre and post match analysis at the very least, proper commentators too.
That's what concerned me. I've seen comments for a long time regarding streaming quality and logging in issues. I just hope the club have it right in time for the start of screening. I have faith in them though.

I know he’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but I’m content to have a real Bear like Tom than some neutral
This. There’s plenty of things I’d rather the club spent money on than shite like this. No need for it.

Those going on about broadcast quality are miles off. This has nothing to do with streaming or anything like that. Just commentary, pundits and putting together intros.

Correct me if Im wrong but the virtual season ticket Rangers are giving for free is the same idea as the scums? Season book holders get it and no one else? Why on earth would we throw money away to have an all singing all dancing show if we giving it for free? If we all could buy the virtual ticket then Id see the point. Are the scum charging where we are making it free?
We are not getting it for free, it’s in place of getting to the stadium to watch the game.

ive paid over £500 so it’s hardly free.

Great point Henrywatson, Celtic have hired ex-players, some ex-Celtic players to 'commentate' on their games. How in God's name can they even be impartial??
Before I am accused (again) of paranoia, here is the evidence if any evidence was ever needed.
They DO control the media, FACT! It puts their previous comments about Celtic/Rangers into some context.
It’s a stream for their season book holders and nobody else. Why would they need to be impartial?

I certainly don’t want anyone impartial when watching our games next season. I want Thomson, Lovenkrands and Little egging us on.

So... What is it? BT Sports or not? So many differing answers :D

Despite the trumpeting of it as a deal with BT Sport that is not, quite, the case. The deal is with production company Sunset & Vine - though it looks like they will be getting the likes of Sutton on co-comms. Much as we do with former players.:

Delighted Celtic have hailed the agreement that will see BT Sport's pundits star on their virtual season-ticket package.

Record Sport exclusively revealed the Premiership champions secured a deal with Sunset + Vine to provide punditry for the home league games when the game returns.

Our columnist and Celtic hero Chris Sutton is expected to be joined by the likes of Gordon Strachan and Michael Stewart as the Hoops aim to give their fans a full experience while they are unable to attend amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

The club statement read: “Clearly, current circumstances are totally outwith our control, and while getting our supporters back to Celtic Park is our absolute priority, until this is the case, through our season ticket, we aim to give our fans the best access we can to SPFL matches at Celtic Park.

“We will be making a significant investment in this project, partnering with one of the best production companies around and will deliver an experience, with top expertise and contributors, which will put our fans at the heart of the action from Celtic Park.

“We are joining forces with an organisation renowned for delivering high quality coverage and we look forward to making this available our season ticket holders.”

Former Hoops heroes Johan Mjallby and John Hartson are two other big names who could feature as Celtic go in search of history by securing 10 In A Row.

Sunset + Vine chief Grant Philips, added: "We are delighted to partner with Celtic Football Club and look forward to bringing our unrivalled production expertise to the live matchday programming.

Last edited:
So the mentally challengeds are going to have a professional set up for their home games on their virtual season ticket.

I expect exactly the same from Rangers.

Sorry Tom Miller and Ian Durrant but there is levels now.

Make it so Rangers.
So you think Sutton and Craigan are professional?

Andy Gray would be a good shout for a professional commentator for a new look RTV running through Amazon. One of us, witty, knows the game.

One can but dream.

Rangers TV has desperately needed an upgrade for ages, this is going to hopefully make it unavoidable.

We need pre and post match analysis at the very least, proper commentators too.
Rangers TV is fine as it is. RTV isn't licensed to broadcast in the UK. Its primary purpose is broadcasting matches for overseas bears to view. However, RTV will be broadcasting to season ticket holders in Britain while matches are played behind closed doors. But it will back to business as usual when supporters go back to matches.

Rangers TV is fine as it is. RTV isn't licensed to broadcast in the UK. Its primary purpose is broadcasting matches for overseas bears to view. However, RTV will be broadcasting to season ticket holders in Britain while matches are played behind closed doors. But it will back to business as usual when supporters go back to matches.
It's nowhere close to fine. There's no proper buildup, half time or full time analysis. They play reruns from RTV features at half time

It's over £200 a year for sub par coverage. Other clubs have actual content outside of the 90 minutes.

Rtv needs to get an upgrade on Tom miller imo.

For overseas bears paying roughly the same as a Sky Sports subscription it most certainly is not fine.
It needs upgraded.

It’s crap and needs an overhaul

I know he’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but I’m content to have a real Bear like Tom than some neutral
He’s really unprofessional, just because he’s one of us doesn’t mean he’s good. Get someone proper in to compliment McCoist and get proper coverage with the likes of McCann and Thomson as pundits. I’m sure Tom would be good at hosting RSC nights but as a commentator of Rangers’s official channel he doesn’t cut it.

TBH it’s a good move by them. Means their games will be broadcast in HD and extremely unlikely to lag much.

We are badly needing to do something to improve RangersTV.
To be fair Rangers have upgraded our streaming to the one Man City use. An upgrade of the matchday coverage is required though.

Do folk seriously think Sutton and Craigan are going to rock up on Celtic TV next year ?

Sutton does that shitey BT goals show every Saturday afternoon. Craigan also reports for said shitey goals show. There's not a chance they're chucking that to sit in a studio with Tom Boyd to discuss Sellik's 3-0 win over St Johnstone at an empty Parkhead.

I imagine Sutton will feature more heavily on BT's EPL coverage next season.

The Tims are hiring the production company. I'd imagine Sellik TV will feature Squint eyed Boyd still banging out his favourite conspiracy theories weekly for the demented audience.
Sutton is contracted to Sunset and Vine production, he’ll be doing the mentally challenged games as well as Stewart. Craigan I'm not sure about

So am I boycotting bt now? What's that Adidas ,Nike and others I can't remember as there are so many. Even though they sponsor clubs all over the world. Means IL need to throw some of my collection of old rangers tops out seen as they are sponsored by Adidas and Nike. Let's hope porkheed don't start using cushelle bog roll as that's my favourite. Will need to find an alternative to that Aswel ffs

He’s really unprofessional, just because he’s one of us doesn’t mean he’s good. Get someone proper in to compliment McCoist and get proper coverage with the likes of McCann and Thomson as pundits. I’m sure Tom would be good at hosting RSC nights but as a commentator of Rangers’s official channel he doesn’t cut it.
If anyone else had embarrassed the club as much as he has over the past few years they'd have been sacked

So am I boycotting bt now? What's that Adidas ,Nike and others I can't remember as there are so many. Even though they sponsor clubs all over the world. Means IL need to throw some of my collection of old Rangers tops out seen as they are sponsored by Adidas and Nike. Let's hope porkheed don't start using cushelle bog roll as that's my favourite. Will need to find an alternative to that Aswel ffs
Jesus

Going against the grain here a wee bit but I don't care really if Rangers just fire the game on with no build up and no analysis. I don't get it at home games anyway. I turn up, watch the game while folk round about me, and me, shout our own ideas on the game then off I go again.

Analysis is just one person's opinion.

I want to see the game. Everything else is a sideshow and I'd rather the club didn't waste money on giving us fancy montages of the last time we played St Mirren and Hamilton.

Going against the grain here a wee bit but I don't care really if Rangers just fire the game on with no build up and no analysis. I don't get it at home games anyway. I turn up, watch the game while folk round about me, and me, shout our own ideas on the game then off I go again.

I want to see the game. Everything else is a sideshow and I'd rather the club didn't waste money on giving us fancy montages of the last time we played St Mirren and Hamilton.

It's a valid point: would a better pre- and post-game show get more people to subscribe and generate more money for Rangers?
Probably not.
Would a reliable HD picture of the game with no buffering get more people to sign up?
Probably.
Like you, all I care about is watching the game.
Spend the money on improving the streaming reliability, then on a good commentary team, and lastly on pre- and post-game stuff.

If it was up to me, the cameras would roll 5 minutes before kick-off, pan round the Rangers fans, focus on the teams coming out the tunnel, game starts with no commentary at all, all you would hear are the players shouting instructions (sweary words are welcome). At the final whistle we get an interview with a couple of players and SG. :)

Despite the trumpeting of it as a deal with BT Sport that is not, quite, the case. The deal is with production company Sunset & Vine - though it looks like they will be getting the likes of Sutton on co-comms. Much as we do with former players.:

Delighted Celtic have hailed the agreement that will see BT Sport's pundits star on their virtual season-ticket package.

Record Sport exclusively revealed the Premiership champions secured a deal with Sunset + Vine to provide punditry for the home league games when the game returns.

Our columnist and Celtic hero Chris Sutton is expected to be joined by the likes of Gordon Strachan and Michael Stewart as the Hoops aim to give their fans a full experience while they are unable to attend amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

The club statement read: “Clearly, current circumstances are totally outwith our control, and while getting our supporters back to Celtic Park is our absolute priority, until this is the case, through our season ticket, we aim to give our fans the best access we can to SPFL matches at Celtic Park.

“We will be making a significant investment in this project, partnering with one of the best production companies around and will deliver an experience, with top expertise and contributors, which will put our fans at the heart of the action from Celtic Park.

“We are joining forces with an organisation renowned for delivering high quality coverage and we look forward to making this available our season ticket holders.”

Former Hoops heroes Johan Mjallby and John Hartson are two other big names who could feature as Celtic go in search of history by securing 10 In A Row.

Sunset + Vine chief Grant Philips, added: "We are delighted to partner with Celtic Football Club and look forward to bringing our unrivalled production expertise to the live matchday programming.
Anyone know much about this Grant Philips background?
A Google search shows a lot of his online history been deleted including his LinkedIn.
Or need I ask.

Look I don’t know if you know the rules if you are a subcontractor and being paid from the main contractor means you work for them check hmrc I am an employer so I know the way you are saying makes me believe your an outsider why would it not be in our interest to leave bt and sky to support our team I am waiting on your reply
BT don’t have Scottish football and I’ve only read a few posts so far but you make zero sense

BT sponsor the family stand at Parkhead or they very recently used to. Similar to Radio Clyde who also provide sponsorship to celtic. These companies will never criticise or report on the club fairly as it in turn causes their own brand to look bad. These are the facts and for that reason I’ll never pay for any BT product or listen to Clyde 1 or 2.

That is kind of how I feel, so long as there is a good picture first and foremost but it certainly would enhance the experience If we had good pundits on discussing the game pre and post match.

I do like Tom Miller but I agree if we want to move Rtv forward we should have a new main commentator, and not the guy who did the Ufa match and who sometimes steps in, and certainly not DJ and Heron, that was the worst commentary I ever heard during that Dubai friendly.

Back