BT Sports app

benfica65

Does anyone know how to get the app downloaded to an LG smart tv?

Is it even possible?

Can BT sports channels be viewed off the app via a TV?

Is it even possible?

Not on a smart tv, but you can get it via now tv, Xbox or PS4.

So I generally just use the app on one of those and it comes through my tele, I don’t believe you can get the app on tele.

If you have a laptop you can connect with an hdmi cable no problem.

for the actual app the only way I could find outside of PS4, Xbox etc was a google chrome stick iirc

I tried looking for it on my LG earlier but couldn't find an app for it. I searched on my Nvidia Shield Pro box and there's a BT app on there, and I know the PS4 has one as well.

If you have a laptop you can connect with an hdmi cable no problem.

for the actual app the only way I could find outside of PS4, Xbox etc was a google chrome stick iirc
That's what I used to do until I cancelled the phuckers ,worked thro my lap top hdmi or my I pad

It's normally available in the app store for whatever brand of TV. However, it doesn't seem like LG support it via their store at the moment. Would need to be either casted, although there seems to be problems there as well. Might need to invest in a Chromecast, Apple TV, ROKU or Fire TV or something like that. Or if you have an Xbox or something already connected.

Go to the web browser in your LG TV and go to BT sport via the web browser. I watch RTV via the web browser, will probably work for BT too.
Looking good mate.

I’m at the payments section.

Once I pay how do I access the sport on my LG tv?

Just in case I fall at the final hurdle!

BT Sports should be available in your apps if you have a Firestick
I got the free 3 months last night
Think you nee to be with EE to get the offer
I have an amazon firestick and I have a iPhone mobile phone contract with EE.

Your suggestion sounds good.

Looking good mate.

I’m at the payments section.

Once I pay how do I access the sport on my LG tv?

Just in case I fall at the final hurdle!
I think you’ll just log in via the web browser mate. Should work fine, RTV does, so the web browser is good. Used to have a Sony Bravia and the web browser was shite!

Yes log into your BT sports on Firestick with your BT sport email and password - if you can’t remember just ask for a new password on BT sport website

Course you need to activate the offer first on EE website

Delighted to get this set up last night on two different Smart TVs - and am not in any tech minded

Yes Benfica is free for 3 months then £15 a month, you can canc el any time
This promotion has ticked me off slightly because I pay for it as part my contract with EE. So even if I was to claim the free promotion I would still be effectively paying for it :))

I’ve got the BT app on my iPhone which I can chrome cast to my LG tv.
Sounds like I know what I’m talking about, but it was the wife that set it up for me.
Auld bass’s loyal

Reactions: o7o

Is it even possible?

Not sure if it helps I got bt sports as part of an EE subscription, I can cast it to my Samsung phone from Samsung mobile theoretically. I tried it to catch the Chelsea game tonight, but it was taking ages and gave up. I normally just hook up the laptop to the TV via hdmi cable.

I would guess if you get search bar option use it.

I bought Google Chromecast (£30) plugged it into HDMI socket on the TV (Panasonic).

Download Google Home to my android phone.

Select HDMI on the "source list" on the TV handset.

Open the BT Sports app. and using the cast icon, transfer the channel from android to TV.

No mate. I wondered that myself.
You should be able to use Virgin TV go app.
If you have sports package through virgin then you can watch BT or SKY on that app.
Available for Android and Apple I would expect.
I used it in my phone last night and it was fine

I found the BT App for TV to be an utter pain in the arse - you need a proper BT TV account to log in. I get BT Sports on a charged basis as a result of having BT Broadband and found that streaming through the phone/device app to Apple TV and on to the television works very well.

The unavoidable lag of up to a minute but if I’m watching a random match then that doesn’t matter at all. Watching the Rangers matches can be tricky with folk messaging about stuff that is about to happen on tour feed but you either live with it or phones off!

Also available on Android TV too now.

BT Sport app is on:
Android TV
Samsung TV
Apple TV
Firestick
Roku
Playstation
Xbox

There is currently no native app for LG or Panasonic TVs.

Just upgraded with EE and put BT sport app on deacjr’s Samsung which means it can be screen mirrored to the Samsung bad boy in the lounge.
All channels with first 3 months free then £10 a month,cancellation whenever you want.

Back