BT Sports Increased Subscription

gersandproud

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere - but I couldn't find any previous similar threads

I've just received a letter from BT Sport - advising my subscription has been increased by £4 a month - but there will be '10 extra EPL matches (52 in total)
All UEFA & EUROPA matches (exclusively on BT )
& UFC Fight Nights

No mention of SPL - or Scots / League cup matches

I already find BT Sports to be the least professional & poorest quality provider - despite the stiff competition
I always mute my volume to avoid their pathetic commentary & absurd punditry & was about to phone them up & cancel -

But before I do - does anyone know the number of SPL games they're liable to have next season ?

I could be about to cut off my nose .. etc.

I cancelled back in March. Worked out that at most you'll get 2 Rangers games a month on it, which is either £5.99 a pop on RTV where you don't need to suffer the arsehole Craigan, or £10-15 on 3 or 4 pints if I go to the local to watch it.

Without any word of exaggeration, Champions League and EPL games on BT were ruined for me by the utter fucking cretins they have as co-commentators, particularly McManaman and Savage. Scousers and Welsh shouldn't be allowed on telly anyway, but thrown in the fact they're both thick as pig-shit, feel the need to spout shite every single time the main guy stops talking, and are VERY VERY SHOUTY then I honestly don't know what the thinking is there.

Oh, and if it's not them its Jermaine Jenas constantly needing VAR explained to him like a silly wee fucking mongo boy.

Anyway, aye. Just cancel it mate, your life will be improved and you'll save a few quid.

That might well be true but preggers or not I’d rather gawp at Hayley than listen to Craigan

No more Hayley, I'm afraid.

eilidh-barbour.jpg

I cancelled back in March. Worked out that at most you'll get 2 Rangers games a month on it, which is either £5.99 a pop on RTV where you don't need to suffer the arsehole Craigan, or £10-15 on 3 or 4 pints if I go to the local to watch it.

Without any word of exaggeration, Champions League and EPL games on BT were ruined for me by the utter fucking cretins they have as co-commentators, particularly McManaman and Savage. Scousers and Welsh shouldn't be allowed on telly anyway, but thrown in the fact they're both thick as pig-shit, feel the need to spout shite every single time the main guy stops talking, and are VERY VERY SHOUTY then I honestly don't know what the thinking is there.

Oh, and if it's not them its Jermaine Jenas constantly needing VAR explained to him like a silly wee fucking mongo boy.

Anyway, aye. Just cancel it mate, your life will be improved and you'll save a few quid.

You realise we're managed by a scouser?

Over £100 for both sky sports and BT for me aswell.

Like a mug I also took the half price Premier sports till August when they got the italian stuff last season. I daresay they'll have our early euro qualifiers so i'll keep that for a while. But if we don't get to the Europa group stages, BT Sport is getting binned early. I can't justify this sort of money especially when I'm at work for a lot of weekends.

Stuck in an 18 month contract with them, they want £550 odd to cancel early! Was hoping there would be a price hike so i can leave the contract!

I’m going to chuck it.

I barely watch the Champions League and have RTV, so really a bit pointless.

BT use this ploy regularly. They have you sign up to a contract and then increase the subscription allowing you one month to cancel or you're hooked until the end of the term.
I cancelled and opted to pay RTV or stream matches.

They’re also stopping showing ufc events now and turning them into pay per view at £20 each rather than for free as they always have. I’m not a fan but another reason why others might be pissed off with them and want to cancel.

Would I need a vpn to watch our games in the uk?(not clued up on all this vpn stuff)

Yeah.

I watch on the IPad.

I have NordVPN. Pay like £30/40 a year for that. It’s brilliant. You get free ones to.

I start the iPad, click the vpn, select the country they recommend as fastest and most stable.

Then click safari, RangersTV and away I go.

Often enjoy games from Finland, Canada and plenty others.

Might do a game a country this season. :)

I've long since found BT coverage to be really poor - even their camera work is rank at times - zooming in on dugouts or the crowd when there is action still going on the pitch

Their choice of commentators & pundits is pathetic & considering they're up against people like Mers & Ridiculous - you would think they couldn't get worse but they still manage it !

I was trying to spend less time (& cash) in the pub ( maybe a tall order in the first place ) but I've also got the problem of living in England where most of my local pubs won't show a Scottish game especially if it clashes with an EPL game

I also subscribe to RTV but haven't yet figured out how to get it on my TV & not just my phone (I'll get my son to look at it as I'm on old tecnofobe)

All the same enough is enough - time to dump BT Sports - I'm just going to rehearse the reasons / wording - so they fully understand why before I phone them up

Checked online and i am still same price so hopefully receive a letter in next few days so i can get rid of it for free rather than £550

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere - but I couldn't find any previous similar threads

I've just received a letter from BT Sport - advising my subscription has been increased by £4 a month - but there will be '10 extra EPL matches (52 in total)
All UEFA & EUROPA matches (exclusively on BT )
& UFC Fight Nights

No mention of SPL - or Scots / League cup matches

I already find BT Sports to be the least professional & poorest quality provider - despite the stiff competition
I always mute my volume to avoid their pathetic commentary & absurd punditry & was about to phone them up & cancel -

But before I do - does anyone know the number of SPL games they're liable to have next season ?

I could be about to cut off my nose .. etc.
Out of curiosity what's it went up to? I'm with Virgin so get it as part of my package but thinking of switching to Sky.

I took the app with my plusnet broadband as it was on a deal but need to be binning it as the price is now creeping up anyway.
Charging for the ufc after having to put up with Mutton,Stewart and Craigan is taking it way,way too far for most bears I’d have thought as well.

Sadly, I’m stuck with BT as my other great sporting love is MotoGP which is only available on BT. However, unlike their coverage of the SPL, the coverage of MotoGP on BT is excellent.

I really cannot stand Craigan, Sutton et al and as I no longer have Sky Sports, I watch televised Rangers games on Rangers TV.

Out of curiosity what's it went up to? I'm with Virgin so get it as part of my package but thinking of switching to Sky.

I get BT Sports through Sky -
Up till this month the BT Sports package on it's own was £12 a month - next month it will be £16 a month - that's for basic without HD
Maybe doesn't sound much - but mounts up with Sky Sports & broadband etc.

I get BT Sports through Sky -
Up till this month the BT Sports package on it's own was £12 a month - next month it will be £16 a month - that's for basic without HD
Maybe doesn't sound much - but mounts up with Sky Sports & broadband etc.
Think price has remained the same if have bt broadband / renewed broadband contract ?

They have a fucking cheek

Especially as UFC is now ppv per month now on there

Watch UFC every week on BT Sport and had no idea they were doing this now.

I thought the point in the UFC on BT Sports was that you paid a monthly fee rather than PPV fees because it's on so late at night, who wants to spend £30+ on a card that starts at 3am!?

Crazy. Definitely getting cancelled.

I called up to cancel last week and was told my contract runs to next March, I'm livid with myself for agreeing to a long-term contract and my head must have been up my arse at the time.
If they are upping the price or have lost SPFL does that give me recourse to cancel without charges?

With Scottish football (National and International) spread over 4 different channels, it's no wonder folk are getting sick of it and looking at all the alternative methods available out there.

To watch all live televised Rangers games legally next season you would possibly need subscriptions for BT, Sky, Premier Sports and pay the BBC their TV licence.....

It's a joke.

I called up to cancel last week and was told my contract runs to next March, I'm livid with myself for agreeing to a long-term contract and my head must have been up my arse at the time.
If they are upping the price or have lost SPFL does that give me recourse to cancel without charges?
I'm wondering the same, i'm in contract till December.

They’re also stopping showing ufc events now and turning them into pay per view at £20 each rather than for free as they always have. I’m not a fan but another reason why others might be pissed off with them and want to cancel.

Is every UFC event going to be £20 now? They can get fucked if that's the case.

That was the only reason I had BT Sport.

I like the boxing, WRC will probably keep it

I pay for Sky too and use RTV for the games that aint on TV

Is every UFC event going to be £20 now? They can get fucked if that's the case.

That was the only reason I had BT Sport.

No, "a small number of top UFC cards" is all they're revealing at the moment. I reckon it will be around 4 or 5 cards per year, anything with Jones, McGregor etc will be PPV in the UK now. The £20 figure hasn't been confirmed, that's an estimation, it could be more than that.

It's an absolute con, when they renewed the deal with UFC at the start of the year they put a statement out saying everything will be run as usual and all cards will be on BT Sport and it seems they've went back on it now. I have BT Sport and only watch UFC on it so my subscription is practically useless now and It'll be cancelled tonight.

UK based MMA fans are cancelling BT in their droves, according to responses on the net.

Back