BT Sports Increased Subscription

Usually offer 18 months free if you renew your broadband at the start of the football season. Only works if you've already cancelled it mind you

Is BT not going to be a mandatory part of the SkY package from next season? Sure i heard this as they are kind of ‘merging’ to an extent to fight the up and coming Amazon Prime service which is looking to take more and more EPL games.

Is BT not going to be a mandatory part of the SkY package from next season? Sure i heard this as they are kind of ‘merging’ to an extent to fight the up and coming Amazon Prime service which is looking to take more and more EPL games.
PS that doesn’t mean it will be cheaper on the whole. The SKY package will obviously go up in price.

I think the only significant change for Sky is you'll be able to buy it directly from them instead of having to take it through BT.

BT are getting full access to Now TV through their BTTV service meaning they can get all Sky channels including Sky Sports.

I cancelled back in March. Worked out that at most you'll get 2 Rangers games a month on it, which is either £5.99 a pop on RTV where you don't need to suffer the arsehole Craigan, or £10-15 on 3 or 4 pints if I go to the local to watch it.

Without any word of exaggeration, Champions League and EPL games on BT were ruined for me by the utter fucking cretins they have as co-commentators, particularly McManaman and Savage. Scousers and Welsh shouldn't be allowed on telly anyway, but thrown in the fact they're both thick as pig-shit, feel the need to spout shite every single time the main guy stops talking, and are VERY VERY SHOUTY then I honestly don't know what the thinking is there.

Oh, and if it's not them its Jermaine Jenas constantly needing VAR explained to him like a silly wee fucking mongo boy.

Anyway, aye. Just cancel it mate, your life will be improved and you'll save a few quid.

Do as i do watch it all dont pay them fk all

Just got an email saying its going up by £4 a month from 28 july

doesnt seem alot in grand scheme of things, however my subscription is £13.50 a month, however a 30% increase seems a bit mental!

think a call to cancel is in order

Just got an email saying its going up by £4 a month from 28 july

doesnt seem alot in grand scheme of things, however my subscription is £13.50 a month, however a 30% increase seems a bit mental!

think a call to cancel is in order
If you phone them they'll let you avoid the price rise

Cancelled yesterday.£12 up to £16.That’ll be a no.Girl very understanding.Agter I cancelled she asked why I was cancelling I told her £16 to listen to anti Rangers guff week in week out.Your ex footballing stars during scottish football are a disgrace biased and bigoted and I won’t fund that.She was a bit taken aback.Honestly not sure if anyone else had said that to her but I think she got the message.Fu*k knows what I’ll watch now right enough.

Cancelled yesterday.£12 up to £16.That’ll be a no.Girl very understanding.Agter I cancelled she asked why I was cancelling I told her £16 to listen to anti Rangers guff week in week out.Your ex footballing stars during scottish football are a disgrace biased and bigoted and I won’t fund that.She was a bit taken aback.Honestly not sure if anyone else had said that to her but I think she got the message.Fu*k knows what I’ll watch now right enough.

She's probably confused what with the mentally challengeds calling up and saying the same thing.

Have they said yet what BT will cost when you can get it through Sky? Deal's been talked about for ages but still nothing.

Have they said yet what BT will cost when you can get it through Sky? Deal's been talked about for ages but still nothing.

Right now BT are charging Sky customers who don't have BT broadband the same price for HD sport as Sky Sports costs if you don't have Sky TV. £36 a month.

If you phone them they'll let you avoid the price rise

I've had 4 different long phone conversations with BT on this topic & the renewal of broadband - at no point have they offered to waive the £4 increase

So I'll now have a 5th conversation & ask them why they're not offering it to me ?

Meantime - if anyone speaks to them & they don't offer it - make sure you ask for it

It's all totally academic for me anyway - it was always going to be binned the second they sent me the letter -
But this is all a ploy to milk as much as possible from punters during the last year of coverage - but I will confess to enjoying the wind-up factor & make sure I complain about Sutton at every opportunity

Right now BT are charging Sky customers who don't have BT broadband the same price for HD sport as Sky Sports costs if you don't have Sky TV. £36 a month.

I know - and you have to buy it through BT. But there was a deal struck which means you can add BT Sports to your Sky package rather than pay separately. i just don't know when it starts.

I know - and you have to buy it through BT. But there was a deal struck which means you can add BT Sports to your Sky package rather than pay separately. i just don't know when it starts.
I know mate. Read post 105.

No one knows when it starts since it hasn't been announced. I have seen a demo of BT's platform with Now TV and it looks the part, but that still needs a second subscription.

I rang to cancel and cited price and crap Scottish football pundits ! The wee lass said she cant do anyhing about the pundits ! She said she can reduce price from £38 to £14-99 which I agreed to ! Result !

I rang to cancel and cited price and crap Scottish football pundits ! The wee lass said she cant do anyhing about the pundits ! She said she can reduce price from £38 to £14-99 which I agreed to ! Result !

Phu(k me - I'm off to develop a complex

when i phoned sky 2/3 months ago for a better deal all the guy knew was at the end of the year sometime

Over £100 for both sky sports and BT for me aswell.

Like a mug I also took the half price Premier sports till August when they got the italian stuff last season. I daresay they'll have our early euro qualifiers so i'll keep that for a while. But if we don't get to the Europa group stages, BT Sport is getting binned early. I can't justify this sort of money especially when I'm at work for a lot of weekends.
im the same mate , part time worker because im a full tme student. BT, premier ,had 11 sports up until feb , spotify , amazon , patreon etc , by time ive paid all these subscriptions i have %^*& all to live on and i work every weekend

I cancelled earlier this year - very politely and firmly responded to their query as to why I was cancelling:-

“...I’m not paying a single penny to have the atrocious pundit Chris Sutton demonstrate how ant-Rangers he is at every opportunity.”

Operator was a bit shocked - I told her she did ask.

A reminder that the discussion of ‘other’ methods of viewing football is not permitted and any discussion may result in a holiday. Ripping off of RTV will likely be a full ban.

I'm not going to read the whole thread but phoned up to cancel(I get it free with broadband but wasn't paying £4)

They offered to waive the increase provided I signed up for a new 18 month contract. Bit pointless really as I only signed a new one 2 months ago.

I agreed a new contract with bt 2 months ago but got the email yesterday notifying me of £4 increase for sports. Phoned yesterday and they agreed to increase my discount to offset the increase

To help out some fellow bears here, the price increase is ridiculous and £4 meant that my recurring £5 discount for the BT sports was going to neagted.
I like to haggle with BT and have found that they are relatively simple to haggle with, so with that in mind I phoned them up to cancel my TV package because of the price increase, I am now going to pay exactly the same price as before (£27/m for Fibre broadband, and 4K max package) and all it took was to re-contract for 18 months. As far as I can see this is a tactic for the quiet months of no football and to get you to recontact for the coming season. my advice give them a call it took 10-15 mins and has saved me a potential £72 for 18 months increase.

Glad this is our last year with bt as two subscriptions is a lot of money for some people. Plus how amazing would it be to see mutton and the rest of the mhank lovers faces when we lift 55 then they're out a job. Would be a perfect end to the season just hope we pull it off I'm confident we will but you never know what can happen.

Might be worth holding off folks, looks like BT Sport is coming to Sky as part of their bundles. Just before some end up in a costly contract........

https://www.skygroup.sky/corporate/.../sky-and-bt-agree-cross-supply-of-tv-channels
That was announced about a year ago but still hasn’t actually happened. Sky is still saying that they don’t know when it will start.

They’ve also given no idea of how much extra they’ll charge for it.

Indeed. When first announced it was supposed to happen in “early 2019” but still nothing. It begs the question of whether it will ever happen. If it does, sods law it will happen after the start of the new season once we have all sorted out our arrangements for the new season. If anyone hears any updates then do please post them.

Congratulations to all those above who have managed to negotiate better or cheaper terms with BT

It is worth remembering though that those with other parts to their package - i.e. broadband & not just BT Sports- have more leverage to reduce the price increase

It's also worth remembering that BT only have rights to SPL games for this season only - & being lured into 18 month contracts may not be value for money - if it's only useful for 10 months

Another thing is that it's all a bit of pot-luck when you phone them as not all of their staff are authorised to give you substantial reductions no matter how good your negotiating skills are -

Tell them you'll think about it before agreeing to their 1st offer & phone back later if necessary

Best of luck bears - oh & don't forget to complain about their dreadful standard of coverage & biased personnel

im the same mate , part time worker because im a full tme student. BT, premier ,had 11 sports up until feb , spotify , amazon , patreon etc , by time ive paid all these subscriptions i have %^*& all to live on and i work every weekend

Jeez, when I was a student I think I had Setanta and that was it. Student loans must pay well these days

Jeez, when I was a student I think I had Setanta and that was it. Student loans must pay well these days
i only take 250 a month , on top of my wage i have about 500-600 to live on and after subscriptions and phone bill and transport to and from work , there really isnt a lot left over , couldnt even afford my ST this season , brutal

Binned BT sport. How much are individual games on RTV this season.Im wondering is it better to go for monthly subscription though I attend most home games

haha cant belive how much money people pay for stuff like this, would far rather go without than pay £50+ a month to watch football. No wonder they can pay so much money for TV rights to the EPL the amount of money they must farm from people, who pay to watch adverts and heavily sponsored programs. Mental.

Back