Bt statement on Chris Sutton

If Hartson was a lifelong Sellick man - fair enough. But, there is no way he is.

Sutton is just a shock-jock who looks for attention. Much more chance of saying something negative than positive.

A very dislikeable person. Bet even his team mates couldn't stand him.

Absolutley, he was notorious for his behaviour towards, well, everyone when he was a player.

An absolute thrashpiece of a man.

Sad to see McCoist and Wier nodding and looking sheepish after Currie read out that statement again, they don't have much backbone those two, I am afraid.

While I can see the reasons Sutton is banned it is bad PR for Rangers.

Knowing him he will make hay with this situation every time he can.

He is a hateful individual.

Compare and contrast the coverage of the two matches. The commentator and fat boy Hartson nearly having aneurism’s every time the rattlers got over the half way line. The sheepshagger McLean and the two halfwits doing our game very sober and critical. McLean reminding us on 3 or 4 ocassions about Sundays debacle. There was a definite imbalance in the coverage and lost count of the superlatives used when describing the fat Greek/Aussie and his squad of worldbeaters, who lost and were fucked out of the competition incidentally.

Still not convinced we come out looking good in all this, would quickly become a mess if every club started banning folk that said mean stuff about them on twitter etc , but It's done though, the statement is a bit of nothing.
It is not about saying “mean stuff”. What Rangers fan wants to listen to someone who constantly criticises and has digs all over the place about our club.

If they are pandering to the non Rangers support who love to hear us being ripped to bits then a remote studio is good enough for Sutton .

In the words of the Outlaw Josey Wales do not piss down my back and tell me it is raining.

Craigan was distraught at Alfie’s second goal, compare and contrast when the in house team score. Professional my arse.

Sutton should've been banned from Ibrox straight after the way he was allowed to speak to Derek Johnstone on Radio Clyde a few years ago.
The fact the presenter allowed it to happen without interrupting was a disgrace and showed that it was pre planned.
Then we have him on bt sport going after Pedro while TLB sits giggling away.
Sorry, for me, he should never be allowed in our stadium again.

Absolutley, he was notorious for his behaviour towards, well, everyone when he was a player.

An absolute thrashpiece of a man.

Sad to see McCoist and Wier nodding and looking sheepish after Currie read out that statement again, they don't have much backbone those two, I am afraid.
Ally and Weir are not going to damage their media careers by teaming in on Sutton.

His act thrived when we were on our arse - They are all now looking around wondering what to do with the embarrassing dick.

I think BT Sports made a bit of an arse of themselves with their statement and their protection and support for Chris Sutton. There is a very good reason the twat has pissed off a football club. Perhaps BT Sports should be looking at that, especially considering Rangers supporters generate them a shit load more money than Chris Sutton does.

Perhaps Rangers should remind them of this fact.

I personally don't think its a great look for a club of our size/stature to be banning individuals working for the media based on their personal bias. We look petty and small minded imo. The absurdity of McCoist sitting in an empty parkhead pretty much underlined that.

Equally, we are all (quite correctly) enjoying Boyd ram it up them on Sky TV so it needs to be a two way street imo.

I wouldn't piss on Sutton if he was on fire, but that's neither here nor there.

We have a presentation team who reflect all angles and experiences in Scottish football but who were not all provided with the necessary accreditation at Ibrox today
What angle of Scottish football does Sutton represent then? The racism, boorish oafishness, dreadful sportmanship, tribal opinions. Yes, all of those. Get out BT!
It really encourages me that Rangers are standing up to broadcasters who employ a guy that used to shit in a bag, and leave it for youth players to pick up. I'm glad this nasty poor excuse for a human will never be welcome in Ibrox again.

I personally don't think its a great look for a club of our size/stature to be banning individuals working for the media based on their personal bias. We look petty and small minded imo. The absurdity of McCoist sitting in an empty parkhead pretty much underlined that.

Equally, we are all (quite correctly) enjoying Boyd ram it up them on Sky TV so it needs to be a two way street imo.

I wouldn't piss on Sutton if he was on fire, but that's neither here nor there.
The thing is though, when they were informed before our last home EL tie that he wasn't welcome it was because they were setting us up so that they (and him) could report on the abuse we would've undoubtebly and deservedly given him as he walked trackside in a full Ibrox stadium.
That's why we told them it wasn't happening.

Prior to the action getting under way, host Darrell Currie read out a statement from the company.

It read: "We have a presentation team who reflect all angles and experiences in Scottish football but who were not all provided with the necessary accreditation at Ibrox today.

"We will not be forced to split a team of professionals behind and in front of screen.

"The only way to provide viewers with the continuity of coverage across tonight’s two matches featuring Celtic and Rangers was to set up a studio elsewhere."

Currie then welcomed studio guest Stiliyan Petrov before welcoming "the elephant in the room, Chris Sutton."

A bit of a stupid lie to tell, considering their commentary team were in the ground. :)

The thing is though, when they were informed before our last home EL tie that he wasn't welcome it was because they were setting us up so that they (and him) could report on the abuse we would've undoubtebly and deservedly given him as he walked trackside in a full Ibrox stadium.
That's why we told them it wasn't happening.
That's an even worse reason to ban him tbh.

It is not about saying “mean stuff”. What Rangers fan wants to listen to someone who constantly criticises and has digs all over the place about our club.

If they are pandering to the non Rangers support who love to hear us being ripped to bits then a remote studio is good enough for Sutton .

In the words of the Outlaw Josey Wales do not piss down my back and tell me it is raining.

Craigan was distraught at Alfie’s second goal, compare and contrast when the in house team score. Professional my arse.
He has literally made a career out of goading Rangers fans.
We were in a bad place and he got the reaction and coverage desired by himself and his employers. ie social media traffic.

The fact we are now saying "you're not welcome" is no embarrassment to us but should make the broadcasters take a look in the mirror.

He is not a pundit, he's the current day equivalent of a shock-jock, appealing to the lowest common denominator.

Sutton is nothing more than a bankrupt Troll seeking attention for money.

Pundits come and go, but there are a thankfully small number who are just provocateurs and sad little men who don't get enough attention.

The Failed Trialist and Newco Chris are different gravy.

Andy Walker may be annoying but he is a football man and at least had the stones to call out the Yahoos on their latest desecration of a minute's silence. Big Hartson is too stupid to get angry about.

Sutton is a waste of an epidermis.

Sutton should've been banned from Ibrox straight after the way he was allowed to speak to Derek Johnstone on Radio Clyde a few years ago.
The fact the presenter allowed it to happen without interrupting was a disgrace and showed that it was pre planned.
Then we have him on bt sport going after Pedro while TLB sits giggling away.
Sorry, for me, he should never be allowed in our stadium again.
His attack on DJ was disgraceful and that it was allowed by that other rattler loving twat who hosted the show was even more insidious. DJ at least showed some balls by quitting the farce soon after. Also pre-planned was his ambush of Caixinha which was totally unprecedented and a cowards attack. Sutton is a fanny.

For all that it looks a bit childish from Rangers… Sutton consistently uses his platform to launch snide kicks at Rangers FC.

The man is a child about it all himself, playing to the gallery and desperate to conjure up some controversy to make himself relevant.

If he wants to be a journalist/pundit/presenter then act professionally and report what you see, don’t mis-use the privilige of a platform to act like a petulant child.

For all that it looks a bit childish from Rangers… Sutton consistently uses his platform to launch snide kicks at Rangers FC.

The man is a child about it all himself, playing to the gallery and desperate to conjure up some controversy to make himself relevant.

If he wants to be a journalist/pundit/presenter then act professionally and report what you see, don’t mis-use the privilige of a platform to act like a petulant child.
A perfect summary of the situation.

CS represents a lunatic fringe. A group who want to stir up and continue the religious hatred that everyone else is trying to move on from.

I don't want my kid to tune in to a game to listen to hateful bile being peddled by a man for financial gain or worse, because he believes it.

I for one thank Rangers for protecting our fans and club from this group within Scottish football media who are encouraging hate and want to make a name or money from it.

Get in people who know football and can talk about football

I support Rangers 100% with this stance. He is not welcome at Ibrox. If BT wish to support him and not send a team to Ibrox, then that's on them.

And describing Sutton (a man who spat the dummy and suggested fellow footballers lay down), as professional says more about BT than I ever could.

And calling Alfie buffalo brains live on their Saturday afternoon results show.
Couple of the other players were clearly unhappy with him but he’s still there.
I wrote to complain but usual pish reply from these a’hole companies.

And calling Alfie buffalo brains live on their Saturday afternoon results show.
Couple of the other players were clearly unhappy with him but he’s still there.
I wrote to complain but usual pish reply from these a’hole companies.
That’s the perfect example - he wouldn’t dare take a pop at a player from an EPL club and so Rangers are a soft target for someone who wants to try to look edgy and play up for the Celtic support.

I see the point of view that Rangers come out of it looking precious but the alternative is that you just let a bully get away with it time & time again.

Thing is, there's no need for BT to be sitting in an empty Piggery. They could quite easily use a studio somewhere if they are so committed to keeping Sutton but they choose to be petty by being in the Piggery and reading out their daft wee statement.
Who honestly gives a %^*& apart from them? :shh:

Prior to the action getting under way, host Darrell Currie read out a statement from the company.

It read: "We have a presentation team who reflect all angles and experiences in Scottish football but who were not all provided with the necessary accreditation at Ibrox today.

"We will not be forced to split a team of professionals behind and in front of screen.

"The only way to provide viewers with the continuity of coverage across tonight’s two matches featuring Celtic and Rangers was to set up a studio elsewhere."

Currie then welcomed studio guest Stiliyan Petrov before welcoming "the elephant in the room, Chris Sutton."
He made his bed he can lay in it the mentally challenged b@stard. Yae can rip into a team the way he does an expect to get a free pass

Only time you watch BT these days is for our European games, which will likely be sold off to Sky in the next year as they shutdown BT sports.

If everyone thinks BT sport is bad just now, just wait till Adam ‘RABID TIM’ Crozier becomes the new chief executive in a few months time.

Back