BT3 at 6pm Leeds V Rangers 1992/93

Wonder if it shows the disallowed goal that would have put us 2 up? No way back from that. I’ll go get my tin hat.

The English champions at the time who hadn't been beaten at Home in 18 months iirc

No one gave us a chance as the Leeds team was top quality at that time

What a game and what a european adventure that year.
Probably meant more to me than 2008.
The emotions in Leeds, Marseille and ultimately coming soo close to the big one.

That game is one of the most wonderful nights in Rangers history. Hateley BOOM. McCoist, team goal. We weren’t lucky, we deserved it totally and what a performance that was.

I was sitting watching in the student halls with a few from the other side of the fence and the less bitter ones said we deserved it. The rest had faces like dogs chewing a wasp.

Been a good afternoon.

Mark Hateley on the earlier show, Celtic getting pumped at home, Gary Stevens, young Mark Walters and Greta Spinks da in goal.

What was it big Hateley said re his early strike, something along the lines of if you don’t buy the ticket you won’t win the raffle :))

The matches that are on after you will have Tugay the De Boers and Van Vossen then Pedro Mendes, i think.

Can this be confirmed please.

My mate who is a Dundee United fan just messaged to say he watched it and how good the Gers team were that season. I was saying that the respective home legs were not shown in their ITV region. He doubt this but I am sure I had to listen to the first leg on the radio.

My mate who is a Dundee United fan just messaged to say he watched it and how good the Gers team were that season. I was saying that the respective home legs were not shown in their ITV region. He doubt this but I am sure I had to listen to the first leg on the radio.

I think it was a delayed transmission that night, the whole game was on but not live.

The1st leg at Ibrox wasn't shown in the Scottish TV area live and maybe Grampian due to Hearts playing Standard Liege at Tynecastle on the same night - SFA still had rule out then, delayed transmission at 10.40pm

2nd leg was all ITV regions live

Back