Buckfast the choice of drink at Ibrox on Thursday

It’s actually embarrassing and worrying that there are so many glass bottles.
Would be the press wet dream just now if one was thrown on the park
There has been glass bottles "sneaked" into the ground in the past 25 years (well my first time taking a bottle of 20/20) so probably longer. It is never going to change. In my time not once have i seen one bottle thrown onto the park against anyone.

Anyone surprised at this obviously don't go to Ibrox very often. Its hardly a new thing or uncommon.

Those bottles are obviously just from 1 section. That wont include the hundreds left in the concourses and toilets all around the ground.

As long as nobody throws them onto the park then I dont really care.

Politicians say football fans cant be trusted to drink alcohol in stadiums completely missing the fact that a massive portion of fans are already going to games pished and sneaking more drink in with them.
They also miss the fact that what they're sneaking in is far stronger alcohol than what would be sold in grounds. It would be beer no stronger than 4% if we were allowed.

No problem with it as long as they stay off the pitch

A bloke late 60’s gave me a swig of his maddog at the OF game took the taste off the jagermieisters miniatures i was supping… no harm done and no glass left in stadium

Not a fan

was same the Alashkert game. 3 pissed up neds openly swigging Buckie all over the place with kids around them shouting abuse left right and centre to stewards etc

“What’s that you say?”

“Oh. There will be trouble if a drop of alcohol is sold in football grounds.”

“Well, in that case, keep it banned!”

“Forever!”

:rolleyes:

Going by our catering it will be warm flat Tennants served in plastic cups by spotty teenagers that cant work card machines or the tills.
Exactly and they're that slow no one is going to get pished. It's ridiculous we can't get a beer like adults in grounds in Scotland. Can sort of understand for some certain high risk games but you should be able to get a drink outwith those games imo.

Alcoholism is a disease. I would assume throughout our support there are a few who struggle without a constant drying in their hand so not surprising there is drink being taken in. These people should be supported in their struggle not ridiculed!

It was filmed by a journalist working for Canal + who are the French broadcaster.

The stewards usually line them up after every home game while doing their walk through checks. It literally happens every game. If someone had thrown a bottle I'd understand the want to hide it.

Football fans drinking alcohol isn't big media worthy news. No harm done.
I was in Lyon in 08. There was all sorts of bottles left in that end that night.

Kill the thread, all it does is give tims looking in some ammunition to send emails to UEFA, next we’ll be getting a fine!!
These kind of posts are pointless. The pictures came from Twitter. It’s already out there. Doesn’t matter if it’s on FF or not.

I've not been searched on the way in the ground for years. I just fire mine in a coke bottle. Wouldn't take a glass bottle in.

Don't think I've ever been searched going into Ibrox in 35 years.

The biggest surprise to me with this is that some posters ARE surprised at this. It's not a new thing FFS .

What’s the clear buckfast bottles all about? Don’t drink the stuff but only ever seen green bottles?

Why our own staff lining those up and filming or allowing them to be filmed? They should have been put straight into black bags or bins. Do not give anyone any avoidable ammunition has to be the mantra.
Maybe to point out to the supporters in the hope they stop bringing them in.

Good on the young team.

Good to see them enjoying themselves.

It isn’t only in the UB section this happens. Often see bears in the Copland Rear with half bottles in for games against that lot

Good on the young team.

Good to see them enjoying themselves.

It isn’t only in the UB section this happens. Often see bears in the Copland Rear with half bottles in for games against that lot
Happens in every section of the ground except probably the club deck, the govan front toilets are bouncing every game at half time

And some more replies. Looks like most of the replies are either having a laugh about it or praising us for the fact they weren't chucked at players

bcb122629d161047d3532153fc189f46.png

f7a8fed1d575b844b3da2bf4f4e92e75.png

Either discussing the teams performance or the behaviour of our fans I’ve seen nothing but compliments from Lyon, meanwhile the past few days on here a number of our fans have taken every opportunity to trash Rangers.

Happens in every section of the ground except probably the club deck, the govan front toilets are bouncing every game at half time
The club deck is one of the worst for it in my experience. Thats where most the day trippers end up as when general sale opens for any big game the CD is normally where most the availability is.

Love when the old timers who love to regale us of tales from the crazy terraces in the past come on clutching their pearls at the fact people sneak a cargo into the game.
Nostalgia tends to miss out the terracings running with piss, the drunk behind you pissing down your leg and the slim but never to be ruled out chance of a bottle hitting you on the back of the head. You dont see many kids down the front wearing hardhats nowadays.

Saw a few empty half bottles in the main stand rear bogs on Thursday. The smell in the place gives me the boak, let alone trying to drink a bottle.

You dont see many kids down the front wearing hardhats nowadays.
Safety helmets were a terrific fashion statement gaudily decorated with paint of various colour, mainly red white and blue obviously but also gold and silver, transfers, RSC the wearer belonged to.

Ah, a nostalgic reprise of the seventies when it was often said that the only thing allowed to fly at Ibrox that was green, white and gold was a Kestrel can.

Back