Budge out on a limb at 10.00am tomorrow

Its just shoddy, shoddy reporting. For example, this bit:

"Across all four divisions Hearts would need to secure the support of 32 of Scotland’s 42 clubs."

More bollocks. They could have all 20 clubs in League 1/2 vote for a proposal, plus all 10 in the Championship plus 2 in the Premiership to give them 32 out of 42 clubs. The Resolution still fails.

The voting requirements are as I've described them. No alteration to the 42 club total and no change in prize money distribution = 75% in each of the three voting blocks. Anything other than that requires 90% approval from the Premiership and 75% approval in the other two voting blocks.
They could get 100% of the 2 lower voting blocks and get 8 out of 12 from the Prem which equals 38 out of 42 and still fail.

Anne budge is out her depth
ZszwMGF.gif

I cannot for the life of me understand why clubs aren’t trying to set up streaming services for their games.

I’ve seen several lower division leagues inEurope plan to do this. Again reeks of a typical Scottish lack of ambition/effort.

Surely any fan would pay a slightly reduced fee from a match ticket to watch the game online to support their clubs in this time of need?

Rumours in one of the rags tonight saying a 16 team league might be on the cards with a top 6 and bottom 10 split.

Guess now we now know what Dundee were bribed with to change their vote.

They aren’t even trying to hide how corrupt they are.
Forget about voting structures and combinations the only vote that counts is Sky. Any reconstruction that waters down guaranteed 4 old firm per season would come at a huge financial cost.

Aye United gaffer on Sky News pouring cold water on Ann Budge's proposal and a few other alternatives.
Seemed to suggest all other championship clubs were in agreement with him.
Sounds very much like he sees the status quo as prevailing.
C'mon Budgie, time to lawyer up if he is right.

Ha ha, you have to laugh at these f*ckers. On the radio at the weekend they quoted another Championship Chairman who said he'd spoken to all the other Championship clubs and the consensus was they didn't want to play until crowds returned. They put that to Lachlan (the Ayr guy) and he said it was the first he'd heard of it and the other Chairman didn't speak for him. Now he's doing exactly the same.

Amateur hour, it really is.

Got you now mate, I missed that bit. Basically, that is bullshit. Bullshit on a par with much of the reporting of what was required on the Rangers Resolution. Regardless of whether it’s a Qualified Resolution (requiring 90% support in the Premiership) OR a Members Resolution (requiring 75% support in the Premiership) the remaining votes stay the same. It’s 75% approval in the Championship and 75% approval from the combined League 1/2 clubs.

We’ve always known the media play fast and loose in order to show our Club in a bad light but the last few weeks has also shown that they are just not very good at their job. They get even the simplest of facts incorrect. 15 minutes reading the SPFL Articles - and I know you’ve done that yourself - makes it clear what the voting requirements are. That report about a combined figure for Premiership/Championship is incorrect.
Anybody that’s known me over the years on this forum will know how many posts I’ve made basically correcting articles printed as fact, especially regarding rules, that were in fact plain wrong. It used to annoy me that journalists couldn’t, or wouldn’t do simple internet checks on published rules. After a while I pretty much gave up on it. It’s either sheer lack of professionalism or being directed by an agenda or both. I suspect it’s the latter in many cases.

Along with the administration of the game it’s no wonder Scottish football isn’t taken seriously. Having being born in the country and living the first twenty four years of my life there and with the benefit of having lived even longer abroad, looking into Scotland as an outsider, in my opinion it’s a bit of the see you Jimmy mentality that is still prevalent in the country. It’s almost like they don’t want to be taken seriously. And that goes to Chairmen, administrators, journalists, the lot.

Last edited:
I agree it's became boring. Continually going over old ground.

Our board had their bluff called and lost. Hearts? They do believe in fairies.

Let's just get the football back. Probably with less games so the first half of the season, which won't have fans, don't have too many games. They should be looking at playing each other twice (22 games). Just my opinion of course.

When is decision due on reconstruction?

I'm not sure the proposal has even been distributed yet, never mind voted upon. In fact, I suspect that once the proposal is out the 'mood music' will be such that I don't even think it will get to a vote. It is a dead duck. If the Jambos want anything out of this it's Court. Put up or shut up.

No proposal until doncaster sorts out the legal side Id imagine. ie Sky broadcasters agreement. He will be offering them 5 years league sponsorship for free.

No proposal until doncaster sorts out the legal side Id imagine. ie Sky broadcasters agreement. He will be offering them 5 years league sponsorship for free.

All to cover a liability they deigned not tell Member clubs about

5 years of lost income and the SPFL Executive will try and laud it as some sort of victory.

It's hard to describe how hopeless our football authorities are.

I'm not sure the proposal has even been distributed yet, never mind voted upon. In fact, I suspect that once the proposal is out the 'mood music' will be such that I don't even think it will get to a vote. It is a dead duck. If the Jambos want anything out of this it's Court. Put up or shut up.

Budge is on record as saying they have enough money to keep the lights on for three months. They can't afford to go to court.

All to cover a liability they deigned not tell Member clubs about

5 years of lost income and the SPFL Executive will try and laud it as some sort of victory.

It's hard to describe how hopeless our football authorities are.
As long as rashellick got their trophy, that's all that matters to them.

Budge is on record as saying they have enough money to keep the lights on for three months. They can't afford to go to court.

Then they are f*cked quite simply. Relegated. No money through the gates for the rest of the year. Those FoH guys best get doubling, or tripling, their donations. They’ve rallied round but it’s a drop in the ocean.

Then they are f*cked quite simply. Relegated. No money through the gates for the rest of the year. Those FoH guys best get doubling, or tripling, their donations. They’ve rallied round but it’s a drop in the ocean.

To be fair they have raised a fair amount in the past and are looking to raise monies for the club and a legal case against the corrupt cabal. Ye they hate us and we hate them but in this instance good luck to them. The SPFL executive board is the real enemy.

You mean they can't afford not to

Donno. Season down isn't the end of the world. Donno how the contract situation is with players. I know Naismith has a few years but I'd imagine there's a relegation clause. We're the only club in Scotland that could take him and that's not going to happen.

I agree it's became boring. Continually going over old ground.

Our board had their bluff called and lost. Hearts? They do believe in fairies.

Let's just get the football back. Probably with less games so the first half of the season, which won't have fans, don't have too many games. They should be looking at playing each other twice (22 games). Just my opinion of course.
It wasn’t a bluff FFS! It was a properly present report highlighting numerous instances of poor or completely wrong behaviour
We got support from 33% of the members. In any other organisation heads would have rolled!!
Don’t assume our Board have given up, because they haven’t

Donno. Season down isn't the end of the world. Donno how the contract situation is with players. I know Naismith has a few years but I'd imagine there's a relegation clause. We're the only club in Scotland that could take him and that's not going to happen.

A season down is the end of the world for them given there is no guarantee there will be anything other than than Premier League football played next season.

It wasn’t a bluff FFS! It was a properly present report highlighting numerous instances of poor or completely wrong behaviour
We got support from 33% of the members. In any other organisation heads would have rolled!!
Don’t assume our Board have given up, because they haven’t

Exactly. I'm still very confident the board are going to court. Once this reconstruction chat is done, we can then add additional information that has came to light in the last few weeks to our evidence.

We will not be successful or be allowed to be successful until a number of people are removed from the SPFL and SFA organisations.

The status quo cannot remain.

Ha ha, you have to laugh at these f*ckers. On the radio at the weekend they quoted another Championship Chairman who said he'd spoken to all the other Championship clubs and the consensus was they didn't want to play until crowds returned. They put that to Lachlan (the Ayr guy) and he said it was the first he'd heard of it and the other Chairman didn't speak for him. Now he's doing exactly the same.

Amateur hour, it really is.

"Send 3 and Four Pence we're going to a Dance"

If Hearts and or Thistle end up in hibernation because of a dodgy decision then surely a visit to the courts is a must? I get they might not have the money but equally they wont have the gate money to pay wages either. Falkirk are another one who could be left with a large bill if no games

These clubs who voted to award Celtic the title are going to lose out on a lot of sponsorship/sky money in the near future. They can't complain they had a chance for a proper investigation and 27 clubs voted against it , they can save their tears.
I’m presuming that most football chairmen / CEOs are reasonably successful businessmen at some point in their careers. Yet when it comes to football they seem incapable of basic decision making or common sense. That’s what blind hatred and fear of a robust conversation with Neil or Peter does to you I suppose.

Just think if Championship not played or other leagues as well we won't have to worry about shelling out for cup games as there won't be any.

Anybody that’s known me over the years on this forum will know how many posts I’ve made basically correcting articles printed as fact, especially regarding rules, that were in fact plain wrong. It used to annoy me that journalists couldn’t, or wouldn’t do simple internet checks on published rules. After a while I pretty much gave up on it. It’s either sheer lack of professionalism or being directed by an agenda or both. I suspect it’s the latter in many cases.

Along with the administration of the game it’s no wonder Scottish football isn’t taken seriously. Having being born in the country and living the first twenty four years of my life there and with the benefit of having lived even longer abroad, looking into Scotland as an outsider, in my opinion it’s a bit of the see you Jimmy mentality that is still prevalent in the country. It’s almost like they don’t want to be taken seriously. And that goes to Chairmen, administrators, journalists, the lot.
Spot on mate!

Back