Budge will take legal action if Reconstruction Fails (Hootsman)

I could be wrong, but, i thought by throwing out our resolution into governance, the spfl member clubs had indicated , by majority, that they were happy that due process had been followed.
it would be hard for a judge to then overturn a set of rules, reinforced by member clubs by democratic vote?
Again, I dont agree with it, just thinking how it will play out
Agree in principle, however, roll it back a step. The initial resolution was defeated democratically until Dundee were allowed to change their vote. This has to be the focal point for any court action.

Unless there's action that rescinds gifting the league title to Celtic, I really couldn't care about this anymore.

I was against awarding titles because it is wrong - the league is incomplete.
I was against bumping teams down a division because it is wrong - the league is incomplete.

But when people lie to you, bully you, cheat you and fvck you over like the SPFL have done and you still want to play with them then I'm no longer interested in you. You should be looking to bring people like this down, not play along for another round of gerrymandering, bullying, etc.

I don't think Ann Budge is naive, I think Hearts, like most SPFL clubs, are amenable to corruption.

It’s clear as day that reconstruction will go ahead, Hearts will stay up, and every Scottish club will be looked after, apart from Rangers, who are the only true victims in all of this, having missed out on potential Champions League money. Called it right at the start.

That would explain Doncaster’s recent threats about voting against reconstruction. Bet Hearts don’t get the criticism we did when it looked like we’d take the matter to court.

If we can agree common ground I wouldn’t rule out us joining Hearts if she takes the legal route. After all our QC said we had a better chance of success if we were joined by other clubs

Copied from the Sun

The Jambos owner is doing all she can to right the wrongs she argues were caused by the premature end of the SPFL season.

She maintains NO clubs should be punished by the league’s call to cut the campaign short due to Covid-19.

And that applies just as much to Partick Thistle and Stranraer as it does to her beloved capital club.

Budge’s solution is a temporary switch to a 14-14-14 set-up for two seasons, reprieving the men in maroon and the Jags in the process.

It has the support of Aberdeen’s Dave Cormack — and Celtic and Rangers are also on board.

But the problem is a number of clubs are NOT — and Budge knows time is running out ahead of meetings involving all 42 clubs next week.

If her plan fails she admits she will have NO option left but to mount a costly legal challenge.

I feckin hope not. Why would we vote in favour?

Copied from the Sun

The Jambos owner is doing all she can to right the wrongs she argues were caused by the premature end of the SPFL season.

She maintains NO clubs should be punished by the league’s call to cut the campaign short due to Covid-19.

And that applies just as much to Partick Thistle and Stranraer as it does to her beloved capital club.

Budge’s solution is a temporary switch to a 14-14-14 set-up for two seasons, reprieving the men in maroon and the Jags in the process.

It has the support of Aberdeen’s Dave Cormack — and Celtic and Rangers are also on board.

But the problem is a number of clubs are NOT — and Budge knows time is running out ahead of meetings involving all 42 clubs next week.

If her plan fails she admits she will have NO option left but to mount a costly legal challenge.

The vast majority of fans - I saw 80% reported - favour reconstruction, so why wouldn't our Club support it if it has no financial impact upon us? I understand we've already said we are 'open' to it.

I think most of us would agree that right now, in the midst of an existential crisis for many clubs, is not the time to do it. What you really mean, I suspect, is that you wouldn't want us to vote for it because you want to cause as much disruption to the SPFL Executive as possible. I'd agree. It won't require us to vote it down though, let the other clubs do that.

It will happen - just not this season.

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but, i thought by throwing out our resolution into governance, the spfl member clubs had indicated , by majority, that they were happy that due process had been followed.
it would be hard for a judge to then overturn a set of rules, reinforced by member clubs by democratic vote?
Again, I dont agree with it, just thinking how it will play out

Our resolution called for an independent inquiry into how the SPFL had handled the matter. That particular inquiry, had it gone ahead, would not have any legal bearing. A Judicial Review is a legal process. Even if the majority of the clubs stated that they did not wish such a review to proceed they could not stop Hearts from requesting Judicial Review nor hamper the appointed Judge from carrying it out.

Clubs were well aware that the decision to end the season would see titles awarded etc. While it may not have been an express agreement to award trophies/relegate, they agreed to end the season KNOWING that would result in their relegation.

The vote to end the seasons, and thus have promotion/relegation, in the lower leagues and to give the Board the power to do the same in the premiership was held on April 10th. Hearts voted against it. Those that voted for it would have been aware that certain clubs would be relegated. They should also have been aware that they could potentially be restricting Hearts ability to trade. Could they be sued for this? I don't know.

As for any later 'votes' that were done during Zoom meetings, I am not going to take the word of the SPFL that all clubs voted to end the season AND hand out trophies/relegate teams.

Copied from the Sun

Will this not be a mechanism to show that our dossier was right ? And to expose the corruption, bringing the resignations we wanted ?

she is full of shite.
she will do feck all.
her pantaloons are already round her ankles and she is bending over the table.
useless fukin cow

It wouldnt surprise me if it's a fait accompli Doncaster and co agree to reconstruction allowing Hearts and Scumdee into the premier on the grounds the spfl can't afford a lenghthy court case, job done.

Which isn’t possible under the SPFL’s rules, and the rules can’t change without the clubs agreeing to that.

I absolutely get the scepticism of the SPFL generally but ultimately they administer the clubs’ votes on anything like this - if they could unilaterally just mess around with the composition of the leagues and ending seasons etc. we wouldn’t have had the Dundee debacle as they would have just done it without asking the clubs.

I very much doubt Budge will see anyone in court. Rhetoric is all it is from her as always throughout this fiasco.

So if she gets her own way she's cool with the corruption. But if she doesn't get her own way THEN she will question it. Sporting integrity right enough.

And the award for Best Actor in a farcical role goes to Ann Budge for her portrayal as a Football Executive in the Comedy - "Peter Decided Weeks Ago - but we are just playing it out for the fans"

The vote to end the seasons, and thus have promotion/relegation, in the lower leagues and to give the Board the power to do the same in the premiership was held on April 10th. Hearts voted against it. Those that voted for it would have been aware that certain clubs would be relegated. They should also have been aware that they could potentially be restricting Hearts ability to trade. Could they be sued for this? I don't know.

As for any later 'votes' that were done during Zoom meetings, I am not going to take the word of the SPFL that all clubs voted to end the season AND hand out trophies/relegate teams.

The fact not a single club has even suggested it isn't true speaks volumes.

lnpgaIn.gif

Not sure why so many have a problem with budge?
She is looking out for her club that has suffered from a terrible injustice due to the league's being called.

I would not mind if our club did the same.

This tells you Hearts could go bust when they go down.

They will have to change their songs against us.

Looking forward to see them go through the troubles that we had to endure.

Back