Budge will take legal action if Reconstruction Fails (Hootsman)

Hearts are exhausting every avenue before going legal. I'd be surprised if Budge believed her reconstruction proposal would be passed. It's all about process.

Yeah, she can say she has exhausted everything and offered help. Of course she knew reconstruction wouldn't go through but she knows she had to try.

She is clever I think. Could come out she has played a blinder.

She will go legal and she will have a very strong case.

Was the decision immoral?
Abso-fuckin-lutely.

Was it illegal?
I don't think so.

A total waste of time and money.

It doesn’t need to be illegal to have a chance of success in the civil courts

IF Farts, or anybody else, successfully challenged Doncaster’s resolution it would mean that 9* would actually mean nein

Yeah, she can say she has exhausted everything and offered help. Of course she knew reconstruction wouldn't go through but she knows she had to try.

She is clever I think. Could come out she has played a blinder.

She will go legal and she will have a very strong case.
They will try and structure a 13 team league now.....that will do. Wont it? This is what we need to save our game. 13 teams. "The think tank feel that a rotating weeks rest will really improve the game and give us all a chance to manage COVID".

Was the decision immoral?
Abso-fuckin-lutely.

Was it illegal?
I don't think so.

A total waste of time and money.

The SPFL will say that they held a democratic vote by member clubs to end the season and declare a " winner ", therefore there also had to be relegation. If that Piggery mob hadn't been awarded a bogus title and Hearts were still relegated, then Budge just might have had a case. They would have stayed up if the season was null and void, which it should have been due to the League programme being incomplete.

Correct me if I'm wrong I don't remember anyone calling out the league title being awarded to Celtic or making much a fuss about it.

Plenty fuss about other stuff.
Spot on.

On one hand, it's completely unfair to decide that the team in 12th place with 8 games to go, should remain in 12th place, as who knows what would have happened in those 8 games and they have everyone's sympathy, as they will lose money by being in the Championship.

On the other hand, it's perfectly fair to decide that the team in 2nd place with 9 games to go, should remain in 2nd place, as no-one cares what could have happened in those 9 games, so they should shut up and stop complaining as it's their own fault that they have lost out on the potential of Champions League millions by losing games in January.

The hypocrisy is blinding, yet they can't see it.

It doesn’t need to be illegal to have a chance of success in the civil courts

IF Farts, or anybody else, successfully challenged Doncaster’s resolution it would mean that 9* would actually mean nein
9* means nothing to me anyway; totally without merit.
I just don't see it working. They will have it sewn up and Hearts will be humiliated.

Who knows what the next step will be. The vast majority of clubs failed to kick up a fuss when Celtic were prematurely awarded the title with Hearts, Thistle and Stranraer being relegated. How they will respond to the reconstruction proposals is anyone’s guess. Same applies to Mrs Budge. She says plenty but her next step if Hearts get relegated is anyone’s guess.

Who knows what the next step will be. The vast majority of clubs failed to kick up a fuss when Celtic were prematurely awarded the title with Hearts, Thistle and Stranraer being relegated. How they will respond to the reconstruction proposals is anyone’s guess. Same applies to Mrs Budge. She says plenty but her next step if Hearts get relegated is anyone’s guess.

Tbf, it was the SPFL and Doncaster especially, who repeatedly threatened cash starved member clubs with no money if they didn't vote to end the season and gift that Piggery mob the title. It was intimidation and gangsterism.

I am not entirely sure why so many on here want to put the boot into Budge. Yes, she has been a bit naive and yes she has tried to look out for her own club via reconstruction (and why shouldn’t she?) but Hearts are the one club who have consistently supported us throughout all of this. They joined us and Stranraer in proposing the EGM resolution, they were supporting us prior to that in our proposed resolution which Mackenzie and co put the kaibosh on re loans, they voted with is on the EGM resolution and they have consistently slaughtered the SPFL. Best of luck to Budge and Hearts in any legal challenge.
If they were mid table they would not have backed us up.
It suited their agenda to back us for their own benifit.
Hearts fans hate us just look at their forum

They will never go to court, don’t have the cash, bravery or belief. They will keep looking for any life raft to cling too. It’s all bravado and everyone knows it.

It should have been her only move, the daft cow.
Mouth off about how unfair and immoral the whole vote thing was, but only if reconstruction fails.

Fucking starting to hate that woman more with each passing day.

I am not entirely sure why so many on here want to put the boot into Budge. Yes, she has been a bit naive and yes she has tried to look out for her own club via reconstruction (and why shouldn’t she?) but Hearts are the one club who have consistently supported us throughout all of this. They joined us and Stranraer in proposing the EGM resolution, they were supporting us prior to that in our proposed resolution which Mackenzie and co put the kaibosh on re loans, they voted with is on the EGM resolution and they have consistently slaughtered the SPFL. Best of luck to Budge and Hearts in any legal challenge.
I dont get it either, we will get nowhere on our own, if we don't build on support from clubs like Hearts and Aberdeen then we will never get rid of these parasites running our game.

Seems to me that Ms Budge is saying two things -

1. If the SPFL wants to make illegal and immoral changes, in an illegal and immoral way, then, so long as HER club isn't relegated, then she will quite happily support that action, and

2. If the SPFL wants to make illegal and immoral changes, in an illegal and immoral way, and it does penalise HER club, then she wants to fight it all the way.

So, no thought for the game as a whole, the League itself, Rangers, Stranraer, Thistle, Falkirk, etc, or sporting integrity whatsoever. She has got into bed with the villains, and is now reaping the consequences.

She has been out manoeuvred by Doncaster & his puppet master at every stage of this, giving her the league reconstruction job was a masterstroke - in a league where self interest rules she was always fighting a losing battle - she should have told them to ram it & gone legal, doing it this way just makes it look like sour grapes if the proposal fails.

She has been out manoeuvred by Doncaster & his puppet master at every stage of this, giving her the league reconstruction job was a masterstroke - in a league where self interest rules she was always fighting a losing battle - she should have told them to ram it & gone legal, doing it this way just makes it look like sour grapes if the proposal fails.

Quite.

You need to choose your friends wisely in this life.

Including Hearts who agreed the season couldn't be completed?
Big difference between saying that the season couldn't be completed (which Rangers also agreed with) and voting to finalise positions with champions/promotion and relegation, which Hearts voted against.

But she will happily suck Doncaster’s cock if Hearts are kept up. %^*& every other team that’s been disadvantaged and this is not about reconstruction if we are going back to the status quo in 2 years.

She’s got a fucking terrible poker face that’s for sure.

When you flip flop between threatening legal action and dropping to your knees begging for reconstruction you sort of give away the game and make it obvious that you don’t really believe you can go the legal route and are merely using those threats to scare the SPFL into reconstruction.

Its what happens when you sign a deal with the devil darling..."if you know your history" its usually a good teacher

What a total mess.

From the noises coming out of other teams - I doubt she'll get enough votes. She hasn't solved the fundamental problem of teams getting less money due to a bigger league.

Hasn't she already shown that she doesn't have the stomach for a fight.

Given her track record for prevarication and bluster, I'm in the "No, you won't go legal" camp on this one. It has been a terrible game of poker from her and she is now in a cul-de-sac of her own making with no room for manoeuvre. I can see her going full Violet Elizabeth Bott and screaming that the club will go bust if she doesn't get her way.

Budge only ‘s
[/QUOTE

Budge only ‘supported’ us because the outcome was against Heart Of Midlothian, we were on our own, just as 2012. Let them all sink in their cesspit

I really have no idea why, but something just tells me that somehow they'll get to stay up, which is strange as sporting integrity (which is what scottish football is based upon I hear) should dictate the opposite. Maybe I'm just a cynical old Hector.

She isn't coming out of this too well. If you think something is unjust and unfair then that is your starting point and not your end game that you try and use as a threat or bribe.

Nobody wants reconstruction but it seems to be the small clubs who are now most vocal against it - every premiership team either seems to be silent or playing along with her plans.

She has already fallen in to the trap of the SPFL playing for time. When the corrupt vote was made and Dundee’s vote was bought on the back or reconstruction which was then thrown out by SPFL clubs only for the SPFL to come back to Budge to say maybe we can have another think about it. She’s shown herself to be another useful idiot. We all know it won’t happen and I hear clubs at the bottom of the lower leagues would be relegated to make the 14 team league, who’s voting for that!

Back