Budge will take legal action if Reconstruction Fails (Hootsman)

Hearts allowed the spl and sfa to make up new rules to fu.k us over. Budge, hearts and the rest can go an do one

This could get extremely messy, Hearts previously estimated the damage at around £3m but if there is a greatly reduced championship next season then that figure will be a fraction of how much they will lose.

I don’t see how they can avoid taking the legal route, their only hope now ironically is that doncaster finds a way to force reconstruction through.

There could be a scenario where in addition to millions lost in tv revenue Hearts are taking the SPFL to court for £5-10m which I’m not sure the league survives.

Just listened to something Ayr United's Chairman said.

"We would have voted for Null & Void but it was explained to us that it was not an option"

Who exactly explained this to them and what reasons were given to him that it wasn't an option?

All the evidence suggests that there was no difference in the financial impact between N&V and the SPFL Resolution that got voted through (the only option on the table).

It certainly makes you think Budge would have a winnable case - if she goes through with it.

Why has she waited so long ? Stupid cow should have done it straight away when the votes were all dodgy but instead she’s played along with the SPFL over this reconstruction pish that the lower leagues don’t want and now she’s threatening them by saying vote for reconstruction or the board could force it on you now who’s bullying ann. ? She’s so far out of her depth it’s unreal so from me who was sympathetic to her clubs plight before it’s a not any more and she can fcuk herself

Yes Anne a club who are deep
In debt and about to be relegated with no relegation clauses in players contacts will be taking expensive legal action Used to have a soft spot for them but after 2012 they can get fucked

If they’re potentially facing admin anyway, why not?

It’s potentially a free bet.

I really have no idea why, but something just tells me that somehow they'll get to stay up, which is strange as sporting integrity (which is what scottish football is based upon I hear) should dictate the opposite. Maybe I'm just a cynical old Hector.
I actually disagree. Sporting integrity would be not to relegate a club before all the games are played. But you also can’t declare a club champions by the same logic.

Sporting Integrity was the last thing on these clowns minds in the rush to end the season and hand the title to the Shettlestons. Everything else was just collateral damage.

I really have no idea why, but something just tells me that somehow they'll get to stay up, which is strange as sporting integrity (which is what scottish football is based upon I hear) should dictate the opposite. Maybe I'm just a cynical old Hector.

I think they’re staying up.

When Lawwell tells Doncaster to do interviews, they tend to know how the votes will fall. And if they need to use their sIush fund ( the other 41 clubs money ) as lube; they won’t think twice

Even if she had the balls to sue,does Hertz have the financial clout for a court case??

did I read the best the could expect was damages of no more than 2-3m at very best,but still go down either way.

She should have done all this before she was bought to be on the reconstruction task force group that was put together. Was painfully obvious it was never going to go through at that stage yet she was happy enough to lead it. Their proposal is all about self interest and it isn't going to pass again so better start the legal proceedings.

I do think its unfair on them being relegated but for her sheer stupidity in being bought for that reconstruction group they deserve everything they get.

Also I get these lower league clubs income is fans through the gate but if they're refusing to play until fans are allowed back in then why not create a 2nd league of teams who are actually prepared to play?

They still need other clubs to accept reduced revenues to get this through. As it stands if Hearts get reconstruction then other clubs like Cove get denied promotion but clubs like Partick avoid relegation.

each club will vote for the one that gives them more revenue, can’t see them going down the legal route as Budge hasn’t got the funds

Yeah, she can say she has exhausted everything and offered help. Of course she knew reconstruction wouldn't go through but she knows she had to try.

She is clever I think. Could come out she has played a blinder.

She will go legal and she will have a very strong case.
How do she have a strong case though?
hearts are members of the club (spfl) , they signed up to , and so have to adhere to the rules like everyone else. There was a 'democratic ' vote, and the decision was made. Hearts have to abide by this ruling.

The above does not mean I agree with it, as the whole process stinks, but Rangers were shafted in the same way, but we were told all the above also. Thems the rules, you need to abide by them etc.

hearts should have backed us more strongly and helped to gather more support for our resolution. They did not and so are paying the price.

Will almost certainly be the case by hook or by crook. If you are rushing to appoint winners, you also need to deal with the losers except they don’t really care about the latter and this whole corrupt farce only happened due to the former.

I think she'll get her money. The top 11 clubs will need to pony up to get rid of her.

Spot on.

On one hand, it's completely unfair to decide that the team in 12th place with 8 games to go, should remain in 12th place, as who knows what would have happened in those 8 games and they have everyone's sympathy, as they will lose money by being in the Championship.

On the other hand, it's perfectly fair to decide that the team in 2nd place with 9 games to go, should remain in 2nd place, as no-one cares what could have happened in those 9 games, so they should shut up and stop complaining as it's their own fault that they have lost out on the potential of Champions League millions by losing games in January.

The hypocrisy is blinding, yet they can't see it.

If Budge wins compensation, then a legal precedent is set which we can benefit from. The spfl will have to settle to prevent that.

She is playing a wee game here with the Donkey gang to see if she gets any reaction. The question is will the reconstruction shambles be approved? I have a funny feeling yes, but what happens then?

Big difference between saying that the season couldn't be completed (which Rangers also agreed with) and voting to finalise positions with champions/promotion and relegation, which Hearts voted against.
Clubs were well aware that the decision to end the season would see titles awarded etc. While it may not have been an express agreement to award trophies/relegate, they agreed to end the season KNOWING that would result in their relegation.

She is playing a wee game here with the Donkey gang to see if she gets any reaction. The question is will the reconstruction shambles be approved? I have a funny feeling yes, but what happens then?

If she gets reconstruction it indicates that Rangers need to jobby or get off the pan.

It’s “ unfair and wrong “ apparently.

But it’s fine if we get reconstruction.

She’s a complete waste of space and an embarrassment.
should have been louder in her outrage at the start , no awarding titles, no expeling clubs ,pay out the cash
Incomplete season and lets start again for a new season or we must finish this season whenever that can be done

We should be working together with Hearts,Aberdeen,Thistle and the rest of the Clubs that supported the call for an independent investigation.
Whether you agree with her or not we have a far better chance of removing the Cabal if we keep concerted pressure up.

Budge threatens the corrupt cabal. :))
Aye and pigs will fly, she doesn't have the guts for it and that's why the schum and their cohorts in the SPFL and the Japanese eyed one have reigned supreme for years.
They haven't got the stomach for it and are belching wind and making a lot of farting noise that's all.

Last edited:
My guess is that Hearts will play in the top division or they will be heavily compensated. The spfl has too much to lose from a legal look under the bonnet!
If compensation is required then the clubs will have to pay. Just watch the ensuing media narrative go after "selfish" hearts.
Budge is not the mug she is being made out.

hearts are members of the club (spfl) , they signed up to , and so have to adhere to the rules like everyone else. There was a 'democratic ' vote, and the decision was made. Hearts have to abide by this ruling.

The above does not mean I agree with it, as the whole process stinks, but Rangers were shafted in the same way, but we were told all the above also. Thems the rules, you need to abide by them etc.

hearts should have backed us more strongly and helped to gather more support for our resolution. They did not and so are paying the price.

Regardless of the result of the vote there is a huge question mark over the probity of the process particularly with regards to the fiasco of the Dundee vote. That could easily be challenged in court I would think.

It wouldnt surprise me if it's a fait accompli Doncaster and co agree to reconstruction allowing Hearts and Scumdee into the premier on the grounds the spfl can't afford a lenghthy court case, job done.

For a smart businesswoman she has been played like a fiddle a few times by SPFL and I’m amazed she keeps believing them,,,,,:oops:

If she doesn’t after threatening doing so twice she will end up with no credibility and won’t be able to negotiate for a poke of chips never mind reconstruction
I think that's one thing her and Doncaster have in common,no credibility and completely oute of their depth.

She could seek Judicial Review of the process that was followed by the SPFL (and Neil Doncaster in particular) regarding the vote that led to the decision which resulted in the expulsion of Hearts from the Premiership. How that vote was conducted is a matter of public record and I genuinely cannot see any competent Judge not finding fir Hearts. My gripe with Budge is that she should have done this back in April. I read that she "wanted to explore the options before taking legal action". In my opinion there were no options. She let herself be played by Doncaster & co. In my opinion she now has no option but the courts.

All this talk of compensating Hearts (and Thistle and Stranraer remember). Is it not the case, just like a redistribution of prize money, that such a proposition would be deemed a 'reserved matter', requiring a Qualified Resolution as per the SPFL Articles. That means it would need 90% (11-1) support in the top flight, 75% (8-2) in the Championship and 75% (15-5) in the combined League 1/2.

I'm not convinced they would get that. I don't think that number of clubs will vote in favour of giving away money to their rivals.

She could seek Judicial Review of the process that was followed by the SPFL (and Neil Doncaster in particular) regarding the vote that led to the decision which resulted in the expulsion of Hearts from the Premiership. How that vote was conducted is a matter of public record and I genuinely cannot see any competent Judge not finding fir Hearts. My gripe with Budge is that she should have done this back in April. I read that she "wanted to explore the options before taking legal action". In my opinion there were no options. She let herself be played by Doncaster & co. In my opinion she now has no option but the courts.
I could be wrong, but, i thought by throwing out our resolution into governance, the spfl member clubs had indicated , by majority, that they were happy that due process had been followed.
it would be hard for a judge to then overturn a set of rules, reinforced by member clubs by democratic vote?
Again, I dont agree with it, just thinking how it will play out

Aye and pigs will fly, she doesn't have the guts for it and that's why the schum and their cohorts in the SPFL and the Japanese eyed one have reigned supreme for years.
They haven't got the stomach for it and are belching wind and making a lot of farting noise that's all.
Exactly, will sell their souls just to stay up.

Back