Buffalo showing he wants to stay?

Apart from money. No idea. And Scotand is superb for scenery. A few hour drive here or there.

What scenery do you get at villa?
One of the largest urban parks in Europe, Sutton Park, is only about 4 miles from Villa Park. Not a patch on what you can find in Scotland but its decent

Anyone see him running for the photo on Saturday and pulling up half way through his sprint? :oops:

If I were Buff's agent it would be remiss of me not to point out to him the possibility of writing off the upcoming transfer window. If he gets fit and finds his form in the lead up to January how much better for him would the terms of any offers be? In those circumstances would it not be better for Rangers if he went now? Alternatively can we afford terms that will turn his head? Just postulating the possibilities.

Morelos is our Talisman. We are on here tonight in one of the other threads stopping for breath and looking back at 4 quite incredible years in Europe.

Alfie was the reason that many of those ties were won. His hold up play, using his strength, spreading passes, linking up moves, closing down, driving the team forward and goal threat is superb and only going to get better as he is still young.

He seems settled here, and I hope he is here for a good few years yet. If he is then don't be surprised if we end up in the Europa Cup Final again. I'd rebuild the team around him.

I simply want more of this please.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
alfredo-morelos-alfie-mo.gif

odd as this is to say, because I love him.

his worth to us probably hasn't been as low as it is, and his transfer value is probably as low as it has been

We'd have won that Europa League Final in normal time with Alfredo available, and I don't see us dropping 8 points to Celtic in the league if he'd been available for those games. We did fantastically well to reach a European final without a striker, but the two finals last week just highlight how important he actually is.

Last edited:
This is actually only the second close season where I've not wanted us to sell him.

I've always admired him as a player but felt his goals/chances return was a bit below what it could be and I thought we could replace him for a reasonable sum.

However, seeing his reaction to 55 and what we were missing out on at the end of this season has really turned me around. Alfie being Alfie and having the right players beside him makes a huge difference to our play. From being the daft wee buffalo, smashing into things, he really has developed into a big buffalo with a great football brain and full range of skills.

Since his daughter was born the soundbites of him leaving has dried up. I genuinely think he is settled realises the fane love him the club is huge and he is still of an age where he can if he wants to move in a couple of years. In other words i think he has matured and maybe seen the grass isn't always greener

I certainly hope he does stay. I think we’d have won the EL and the league if he had been fit for the full season.

on a side note, and nowt to do with the thread - but who else saw Alfie hanging out the taxi window on his way to the stadium?

He was in the passenger seat of some big black Merc taxi thingy - he had the window wound down, head out the window, fist in the air as they drove past.

It would have been not much before 7pm, and about 10 mins before we started to get kettled in the street leading to the stadium.
Saw it mate, that big wide street on the way to the ground. Alfie was loving it.

A fit and firing Alfie can get us into the Champions League. Hope he stays, time will tell i guess.

on a side note, and nowt to do with the thread - but who else saw Alfie hanging out the taxi window on his way to the stadium?

He was in the passenger seat of some big black Merc taxi thingy - he had the window wound down, head out the window, fist in the air as they drove past.

It would have been not much before 7pm, and about 10 mins before we started to get kettled in the street leading to the stadium.
Yes he was going tonto.

Back