Article Building progress on youth facilities at Auchenhowie – Pictures

We haven't played in a UEFA or FIFA run competition at youth level for decades now.

We needed coaches and scouts not a stand.

It's our coaches that have asked for this. How many chuffing times?

It's also not simply a stand. It's a changing facility which is desperately needed as the youth wing of the facility isn't big enough.

I've posted this before but here goes anyway...

During initial plan stages, the youth wing was far larger than it ended up.

The water table on the land caused a large area, which was earmarked for pitches, to be chewed up with works to stop flooding.

As the pitches were non-negotioable in terms of how many they needed, it was the youth wing (as the first team area couldn't be touched) which had to be reduced in size.

All this facility is doing, is providing the number of changing rooms and showers required for the number of youth teams we have.

You can have the best coaches and scouts in the World but players won't come (or stay very long) when they're being sent home on a school night at 9pm without a shower as there's too many teams and players for the amount of changing rooms.

We need ALL the things. This is one of them.

Last edited:
How many times do people need to say it, the stand is just an extra. The whole purpose of this is to have more teams in more often as there aren't enough changing rooms at the moment.
But we want better players. I don't care if their parents get wet. I also don't believe fans were consulted or that we have truly ended our legal wrangles....who can say £500,000 wasn't still needed for fighting as per the title of the fund?

Given that all involved at our youth facility wanted this change and that a proper youth team pays dividends further down the line then this is good news.

Some people are simply incapable of being happy about anything in life.

I was happy about having £500,000 for legal fees should we need them, after watching us sold for £1 and dragged into Hell.

But we want better players. I don't care if their parents get wet. I also don't believe fans were consulted or that we have truly ended our legal wrangles....who can say £500,000 wasn't still needed for fighting as per the title of the fund?

Are you just going to ignore my post above to continue this twisted vision you have of things?

As things stand, parents don't get wet. They all stand under the sheltered area behind the goal on the main pitch if the weather is poor.

It's not about parents getting wet. It's about children not being able to change in a room or get a shower after training.

I was happy about having £500,000 for legal fees should we need them, after watching us sold for £1 and dragged into Hell.

Ah, it's not really about the stand or about coaches or training facilities for the kids...it's now a moan about the RFFF and how the funds should have been used..

Moan moan moan.

Reactions: LD5
What good is spending 500k on players and coachings if they don't have the facilities to train as much as they should?

This, all day long.

Anyone have the plans of how it’ll look when it’s finished please?
rangerscomptraining.jpg

Of course that's just an artist's impression.

FFS @Earl of Leven this debate has been had a hundred times. Forget the name - the fund was set up to assist in day-to-day running of the Club at a time of need and to assist with specific projects. I'm not going hunting for their website or their statement on the purpose of the fund again. You well know that the fund was never, specifically, set up for 'fighting battles' legal or otherwise (though, I concede, they did fund a QC attending the SFA witchhunt trial).

There was also a 'consultation' process which @mdingwall can advise you of - however, you cannot consult everyone who threw a pound in a bucket.

I'm glad to see the new changing facilities are coming along well. Bit to go yet though, judging by those photos.

EDIT: From the old Rangers-Mad board. First post has a record of the first meeting to set up the RFFF. Para 6 states its purpose.

http://forum.rangers-mad.co.uk/showthread.php?849122-Rangers-Fans-Fighting-Fund-Launched

Last edited:

I for one would have preferred if the £500k had gone to buy a QC a new Aston Martin so he could have launched a case against the SFA for some off pitch matter.

Genuine question this - so basically the “stand” is a suite of new changing rooms/showers etc with what amounts to an over hanging roof to create the “stand” part of the building?

If so then I don’t see how anyone can really complain? We should be providing 21st century facilities for players regardless of age. I was ready to have a moan but if the stand is really just an add on to a new building housing much needed facilities then it seems like a good idea.

Genuine question this - so basically the “stand” is a suite of new changing rooms/showers etc with what amounts to an over hanging roof to create the “stand” part of the building?

If so then I don’t see how anyone can really complain? We should be providing 21st century facilities for players regardless of age. I was ready to have a moan but if the stand is really just an add on to a new building housing much needed facilities then it seems like a good idea.

That's exactly the case here mate.

The RFFF half-funded the legal fight which means we keep our titles.

Fans as fans can't take journalists to court for saying nasty things about us.

The club is now in the hands of Rangers fans so they can fund any actions which may be needed.

The money is now going to a project which will have lasting effect and which would not normally have been built.

Was at the Hummel training centre last night to watch my mates nephew play.
He plays for Queens Park youths(U 16 ) .Very enjoyable game on a miserable night which finished 1-1.

Saw all the building work going on and the images posted look excellent.

The young lad for Rangers who plays on the wing but likes to drift inside,long hair,cracking prospect

Was at the Hummel training centre last night to watch my mates nephew play.
He plays for Queens Park youths(U 16 ) .Very enjoyable game on a miserable night which finished 1-1.

Saw all the building work going on and the images posted look excellent.

The young lad for Rangers who plays on the wing but likes to drift inside,long hair,cracking prospect

Think the youngster with the long hair is Alexander Lowry, who played in the Alkass Cup recently. Doesn’t turn 16 until this June if it was him.

Looks fantastic.
Its not the good old days anymore.
When it was tough and we just had to get on with things.
Most people want the best for the future generations.
If we want to attract the best young talent in the then they have to be given the resources and environment for them to succeed.

Yada yada yada, ffs give it rest.

How many times do people need to say it, the stand is just an extra. The whole purpose of this is to have more teams in more often as there aren't enough changing rooms at the moment.
Is the stand facing the right direction ?

I see the seating capacity is 264, will there be sufficient parking for that number of us in addition to players, coaches etc?

It is true. We're not in UEFA CL U19 or the like. We need to ensure the talent we have reaches first team...nothing else is important.

The new building will ensure we can actually have the playing surfaces used all at the one time without having elite athletes changing on the indoor training surface.

Back