Bundesliga 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazza

Closing part of the season and Bochum and Furth both have 3 matches left and sit on 60 and 57 respectively. Hamburg play tonight at 530 (not live on uk tv) at home and can move to 54 with a win. You then have Kiel on 50 who will have 3 matches in hand on top 3 after the Hamburg match. You really would think Hamburg cannot get even a play off place (3rd) if they do not win tonight.

Kiel still have 4 home matches. Sadly, I can't see Hamburg making the top 3 now.

Think Bochum will go up automatically with it being a battle between Furth and Kiel for 2nd.

10 points in the last 10 games for HSV. Just not good enough again. It is an exciting league albeit of poor quality.

I think they have to win all 4 games but unfortunately I don't think they will. Looks like they don't have the players, need a good recruitment summer.

Watched the last few HSV games and some observations:

Terodde looks an absolute carthorse and despite his scoring record surely it can't be right that a 1.Bundesliga club is after him as the commentator said?

Kittel in the middle is the worst passer of the ball I've ever seen in that position.

Ambrosious looks a decent player at centre half, think the rats were after him for a while.

1-1 full time.

No matches this weekend but Fortuna Duss can join HSV on 52 if they win their game in hand on Monday, Kiel can leapfrog them with a win on Tuesday. By the time Hamburg play next on May 10th Kiel could be 7 points ahead of them and played same amount of matches.

1-1 full time.

No matches this weekend but Fortuna Duss can join HSV on 52 if they win their game in hand on Monday, Kiel can leapfrog them with a win on Tuesday. By the time Hamburg play next on May 10th Kiel could be 7 points ahead of them and played same amount of matches.

Even the play-off looking extremely tough to reach now

Updated after last night:

Hamburg play next on Monday - by then they could be 7 points behind Kiel, 8 points behind Furth and 11 points behind Bochum.

Kiel 3-0 up v St Pauli. Looks like STP have rolled over to not far off confirm Hamburg are in Bundesliga 2 next term.

HSV Be lucky to finish 4th

I wonder of we might lend them a couple of players next year

The likes of Edmundson if hes still here

Ive got a soft spot for bochum since a great trip there in the early 90s watching us play CSKA moscow.

Bochum won today, Furth drew yesterday. Kiel play Hannover tomorrow before Hamburg play Nuremberg.

@cav

Big article in The Athletic about Schalke mate. Might be if interest to you, if you don’t have access let me know and I’ll send you one of the free passes I have.

Reactions: cav
@cav

Big article in The Athletic about Schalke mate. Might be if interest to you, if you don’t have access let me know and I’ll send you one of the free passes I have.
Thanks mate,I've been toying with taking a sub from them tbh so I'll just sign up anyway.
I hope Schalke get the right people in charge to take them back up.

HSV Be lucky to finish 4th

I wonder of we might lend them a couple of players next year

The likes of Edmundson if hes still here

They have literally one player that I've thought looks anywhere good enough for a decent level. I've no doubt players like Edmundson would stroll it there.

I also would love if we could send out some kids to Germany. Working for lots of young English players.

Hamburg are live on Bt at 7:30 today. Really need a Kiel blow up for starters - 0-0 at minute after 30 v Hannover.

They have literally one player that I've thought looks anywhere good enough for a decent level. I've no doubt players like Edmundson would stroll it there.

I also would love if we could send out some kids to Germany. Working for lots of young English players.
You’d like to think our new partnership would certainly exploit this.

You’d like to think our new partnership would certainly exploit this.

Absolutely. I know commercial partnerships are just that but I hope the one with HSV is more than just for commercial reasons. It's a fantastic opportunity for both clubs.

Edit: Ambrosius is the player I like the look of.

When you remember some of the mammoth skelpings HSV latterly took from Bayern, their performances this season wouldn't hold out much hope for avoiding a repeat, if they went up.

They have been really uninspiring recently, some would say awful. I want them to get promoted but I just can't see it and if they do, I'd not be surprised if they come straight back down again.

Big Horst Hrubesch managing. Thats a blast from the past. Was about to say they were doing well but yet again throw a goal away.

Big Horst Hrubesch managing. Thats a blast from the past. Was about to say they were doing well but yet again throw a goal away.
There was a tremendous meeting between Hrubesch and Kevin Keegan at the 1982 World Cup, when they bumped into each other at the England team hotel.

Big Horst literally lifted Keegan off his feet and let out a mighty roar of welcome. They were obviously good pals at Hamburg.

There was a tremendous meeting between Hrubesch and Kevin Keegan at the 1982 World Cup, when they bumped into each other at the England team hotel.

Big Horst literally lifted Keegan off his feet and let out a mighty roar of welcome.
Ha! Always liked the big fella, and he was a fine striker for Hamburg in his day.

Well, well, well, time for some humble bratwurst to be chomped, HSV 4-1 up :))

They surely can't balls this up now, can they?
<>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back