Bundesliga clubs allowed to return to training as of today

Putting TV money before people’s lives, utterly disgusting, sadly it’ll take a player dying to make the Bastards running football take notice.
Come on now, even that wouldn't stop them.

They'll just dig out the Marc Vivien Foe cardboard cut out and carry on regardless.

St Pauli and Hamburg went back to training last week.

I don't really see the issue if they're adhering to the rules outlined by the government. In fact, I'd imagine the players would be delighted to get back to some sense of normality.

Whi

They are down to under 100 deaths a day most of whom are elderly and would likely have died of normal flu. So how do they manage such a low fatality rate?

Germany have been able to do mass testing of people and identified many more mild cases which begins the mortality rate down, this also allowed them to isolate people and those they’d come into contact with quicker, lastly they’ve (in the main) managed to keep the virus from older people.

Would the Germans not believe fundamentally this virus will just weed out the weak and sick in society anyway, what is losing 3% of the population, master race and all that.

Seems crazy!

Surely they will all be keeping fit and healthy at home. With the current state Europe is in at the moment with the virus this just seems not the correct thing to do.

Hopefully doesn’t put pressure on other leagues to get back to normal.

Crazy decision at this time unless all players/coaching staff were all living together in the same digs

So, presumably they have to travel every day to take part in this 'essential service'.

This is just nuts.

Ok mate thanks for the info. I read the Op quickly which states “Bundesliga Clubs allowed to return to training”. I assumed that was ALL Clubs not just some.
Germany is politically federated due to there needing to be protections against centralised control , a consequence of mr hitler and the post war reconstruction of the nation

Football has an inflated opinion of itself I'd say.

I'm not sure this is a good thing at all.
I’ve said for years that I hate modern football and if I was starting again I’d probably be more interested in a different sport. Greed has strangled the life and soul from what was once the working man’s game.

Putting TV money before people’s lives, utterly disgusting, sadly it’ll take a player dying to make the Bastards running football take notice.
Agreed- this could definitely come back to bite them big time

A really bad decision in my opinion. Germany still not confirmed if it's peaked and all restrictions still in place.

This is nuts, what's the knock on effect to society? If normal everyday folks see this will they think it's ok also to get together in groups. What's different here from 10 guys playing 5 aside down the park?

This is nuts, what's the knock on effect to society? If normal everyday folks see this will they think it's ok also to get together in groups. What's different here from 10 guys playing 5 aside down the park?

Never thought of the fact that you could "justify" some form of 5 a sides as long as no handling of the ball.

Crazy decision. Stay home and save lives.

Never thought of the fact that you could "justify" some form of 5 a sides as long as no handling of the ball.

Crazy decision. Stay home and save lives.
Its not just the handling, it's the heavy breathing, spitting etc.. the virus is transferred from respitory droplets. If you are doing physical exercise its increasingly likely you will exhale more therefore spreading more. This is an absolutely mental decision.

Its not just the handling, it's the heavy breathing, spitting etc.. the virus is transferred from respitory droplets. If you are doing physical exercise its increasingly likely you will exhale more therefore spreading more. This is an absolutely mental decision.

Totally agree and as someone who is working from home, making sure all the family comply with the guidance, then that's why I think the Germans have got this so wrong.

On the whole, during this pandemic, football has not shown itself up well at all compared to almost every other sport.

It was always going to be the outcome that the big leagues would be finished in one way or another. Folk on here were totally underestimating how much money would dictate things.

I'm sure I read Burnley pushing for the league to finish as they could be bust by August!

Think it's a bit early to return myself but also important to consider the numbers. Yes Germany has over double the cases of the UK but only 1/3 the fatalities of the UK. I would assume the country is better resourced to deal with the pandemic. If all playing staff have been in isolation for 2 weeks then staff and players should be able to train if they remain diligent to requirements outside of work. They will likely be tested daily also.

Think it's a bit early to return myself but also important to consider the numbers. Yes Germany has over double the cases of the UK but only 1/3 the fatalities of the UK. I would assume the country is better resourced to deal with the pandemic. If all playing staff have been in isolation for 2 weeks then staff and players should be able to train if they remain diligent to requirements outside of work. They will likely be tested daily also.

Germany has done nearly done 4 times as many tests as uk.

So will pick up much more milder cases.

Crazy stuff.

Unfortunatly this is a decision motivated by cash over player safety & wellbeing

Have cases started to decrease in Germany? Has deaths decreased?

This is a very poor decision from the German Government. Risking lives for the sake of pressure from TV companies and UEFA to make money.

It also gives them a great advantage of having fit players whilst the likes of British teams have to sit and wait it out before training can start again. We are only on the first bout of Covid 19, there will be a second bout of it. I know French workers are returning to work, slowly, but not those who have diabetes, asthma and such.
If the German players were bothered, they would refuse to turn up.

Back