Burnley "richer than Internationale"

Rangerista

This article sums up the skewed reality of modern football. With the greatest respect to Burnley, that they're being talked of as being richer than Inter is bonkers mad. That they'll potentially *earn" more money given the disparity between the two clubs in all measures of success, is a travesty. And I concede that the Nerazzurri have themselves succumbed to oriental seduction. I have the greatest respect for the Clarets and I certainly hold them in good regard following our recent friendlies against them, but I shake my head at the comparison. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4869014/Burnley-going-global-rich-Inter-Milan.html. Posting from mobile and that feckin predictive text has changed the thread title. Hopefully you'll get my drift;

God help these club's when bubble burst's,as they say what goes up must come down.
Burnley seem quite well managed though. They've splashed out a couple big fees the last 2-3 years but their wage bill won't be much for how much prem clubs throw around. That said plenty of the mid table clubs will be praying the bubble doesn't burst

Burnley seem quite well managed though. They've splashed out a couple big fees the last 2-3 years but their wage bill won't be much for how much prem clubs throw around. That said plenty of the mid table clubs will be praying the bubble doesn't burst
I hope Burnley is the club that sees through the greed and positions itself for the long term future of itself and the town too. Surely there will be one club that won't squander the zillions being thrown at it?

Burnley seen it all the good times and nearly falling out the old 4th division and having to win at Carlisle to stay up I think the board run a tight ship can't see them spending too much on players.

I agree with him. It will inevitably burst. Look at Serie A in the 90s as an example, all the best players, highest fees, biggest wages were in Italy. Now many teams in Italy are having/had financial problems.
Been hearing this for a few years now. Doesn't look like it's going to happen any time soon.

God help these club's when bubble burst's,as they say what goes up must come down.
The sooner it does the better. When Bournemouth are spending ÂŁ20m on a reserve centre half from Chelsea you know it's Donald Ducked.

That won't be for a good few years yet.
i do wish it would hurry up and we can get back to the traditional clubs being the big clubs again i.e clubs that can sign the best players as they have the best support/history/stadium - Rangers in fact!

I agree with him. It will inevitably burst. Look at Serie A in the 90s as an example, all the best players, highest fees, biggest wages were in Italy. Now many teams in Italy are having/had financial problems.
This is what I was talking of when I spoke of the bubble bursting, Serie A who seen that coming?

Been hearing this for a few years now. Doesn't look like it's going to happen any time soon.
Maybe not soon, but plenty of clubs are saddling themselves with massive debts, some to the tune of 100s of millions. Should there be a financial collapse (of say Sky) they would lose a massive revenue stream, which would in turn be disastrous. Look at ITV digital as the example with the football league.

Bubble will only burst if people lose interest in the league. Otherwise the money will still come via TV and naming rights sponsors. Sky isn't the be all and end all of TV money for the PL that ITV sport was for the Football League.

The PL rakes in the money from all over the Globe for their product. If sky drop off someone else will fill it.

The bubble will burst eventually as most things only have a fixed life cycle, you already have people talking about how they have given up subscriptions due to cost of football on tv. The tv companies will only pay for so long as long as it is profitable.

Was chatting with a lad in work about this and when i told him about the spfl money he was utterly gobsmacked at how little is on offer...i did point out to him that the standards are shit and there really is no competition.....funny how little is known or cared about regarding the Scottish game down here...quite refreshing ,also as there are no scum to blight my daily life its enjoyable to discuss football and not the sevco pish!

Maybe not soon, but plenty of clubs are saddling themselves with massive debts, some to the tune of 100s of millions. Should there be a financial collapse (of say Sky) they would lose a massive revenue stream, which would in turn be disastrous. Look at ITV digital as the example with the football league.

when the bubble does inevetably burst pound to a penny all the clubs will go into admin and start all over again with a tiny fraction of the penalties forced onto us.

i do wish it would hurry up and we can get back to the traditional clubs being the big clubs again i.e clubs that can sign the best players as they have the best support/history/stadium - Rangers in fact!
Agree with this. When the likes of Bournemouth can outspend Benfica and Porto then something is seriously wrong.

Soul destroying that some of the great European clubs can't compete financially with the likes of Burnley. The champions league is becoming a bore for me too

Burnley have a long proud history and I have no issue with them being seen as a deserving member of England's top division. However when you see they presently have more financial clout than one of Europes most successful clubs you see how money is destroying the game. It goes beyond the EPL though imho and the CL is equally as guilty for the current disparity in the game

Modern football is disgusting, Burnley are richer than Inter ?
Sky have ruined the game and it doesnt look like it will end anytime soon

The CL is dead to me very very rarely watch it these days as it's the biggest clique in football, clubs that just want to keep the money to themselves.

The start will be when the CL collapses as the TV companies will realise soon that people are bored of the same clubs in finals/winning.

Then it will knock on to the Premier Lge.

Scunnered with teams like Burnley, Bournemouth, Huddersfield etc. being able to easily outspend us. It is sickening.

The FA and EPL should make them upgrade their Stadium, Turf Moor is unfit for purpose these days.

I've heard this "bubble bursting" patter for at least 10 years yet it only seems to be getting worse. I wouldn't hold my breath on it bursting anytime soon.
Don't think a crash is imminent but I think it's peaked.

Don't think a crash is imminent but I think it's peaked.

Time will tell but with the likes of Google, Apple, Amazon etc. supposedly interested in the rights I wouldn't be surprised to see even more money getting pumped in.

The EPL is money making machine and I doubt the bubble will burst

Sure people blame Sky but they are only part of it that money making machine

The 2019/20-2021/22 live TV right both UK and overseas will be put out to tender in the next few months - NBC in America already confirmed as they agreed a 6 season deal worth $1bn in 2015 - and that tell if they will be drop in TV money, they raked in ÂŁ8bn in the current deal

I reckon I have been on FF for at least 10 years in various guises and whenever the Sky money comes up in conversation people always post 'the bubble is going to burst'

It hasnt and it wont. The money may not go much higher but the bubble certainly wont burst in the near to midterm

The FA and EPL should make them upgrade their Stadium, Turf Moor is unfit for purpose these days.

I would think that as a sensible and well run club they'll look to secure 3-4 years in the top flight before committing to a white elephant of a ground like some have done after a short time in the Premiership. Think Bradford.

Would be good to see a decent club develop though as Turf Moor has certainly seen betrer days.

Interesting bit here , tv money of ÂŁ101 m will see their revenues increase to ÂŁ120 m . Essentially they bring in ÂŁ19 m a year without any tv deals .

Without the tv deals , the majority of these clubs are small time

I think there is increasing disenchantment within the UK towards the EPL but the problem is that the TV incomes will continue to be driven from overseas. In that sense, the EPL is not equivalent to Serie A in the 1990's.

I think the EPL will increasingly become a foreign league based in England - foreign owners, largely foreign coaches and players, tourists, the 'EPL experience', foreign supporters watching abroad, etc.

Burnley seen it all the good times and nearly falling out the old 4th division and having to win at Carlisle to stay up I think the board run a tight ship can't see them spending too much on players.
They will evemtually like.all.the rest

I remember the QPR documentary a few years back, with tony Fernandez planning their return to the top league. It was all about careful planning and intelligent spending. Look how that turned out

You just have to look at all the "witty banter" accounts on facebook and twitter devoted to the EPL to see how shit modern football is. A league that whores itself to oligarchs and sheiks and yet still can't attract the few truly world class players to play there.

The game is well and truly f***ed. Sad state of affairs.

Would love to see the smaller nations walk away from the champs league etc but unfortunately will never happen and will still be happy to pick up any scraps from the big table

If the 'bubble' ever bursts I think it'll be because more and more people are cancelling their Sky and BT subscriptions and watching games illegally.

Not being able to legally watch 3pm games is bollocks.

Back