Burnley seek a further postponement

Hopefully they go down this season.

Their normal starting XI, bar McNeil and Cornet, are nearly all over 30. They're going to have an almighty rebuild in the next couple of seasons.

Classic case of giving football clubs an inch and they’ll take a mile.

What was initially a reasonable process in response to a global pandemic has morphed into a way to avoid playing games when you are not at full strength. Clubs knew about players going to AFCON a year ago and last time I checked when you have injuries you need to deal with it, so why are those factors relevant to getting postponements.

Get the youth team filling out the numbers and get there games played.

at this rate they'll have a game every day in April/May
Mental. How on earth can a Premier League team not field a full team with subs, even allowing for Covid. Shambles. The EPL need to bring in tough rules on this, similar to those just brought in by Seria A.

Chris Boyd made some comments on Sky on this farce and how it is robbing any youngsters coming thru of an opportunity to get a chance of a place on the bench or even some game time. Injuries etc are part of the game and so is illness, with the billions that are available & spent in the EPL - there should be no reason for any team to cancel. He is spot on.

All these teams requesting postponements need to be told the league will finish as scheduled on the last round of fixtures in May. If that means playing 4 times a week in the last week then so be it. No extension to the season, which is what some clubs would like.

You get the feeling that once they inevitably get relegated they'll struggle to get back up (or atleast i hope they do)
As much as being in the epl would be great with the best players coming to play etc, surely you’d get fed up watching your team losing or desperately trying to get draws to stay up and just fancy a year in the championship to win games.

English football is becoming a complete joke with this stuff. They’ve put these rules in place and how to enact them, so I guess they have to stick with it for the season.

I'm a Burnley fan, we had four games in a row postponed mostly for covid reasons, none of which we requested. If it's good enough for the other teams it's good enough for us. We have a small squad with our best player at AFCON - more than happy to push those games back to allow us to get signings in and players back.
Understand your emotion bro, but honestly to “push games back” to allow you just get “get signings in and players back” is completely against the spirit of the game. Until 6 weeks ago there was no question anywhere of a game being postponed because you couldn’t field your strongest team! It is utterly dumb, and especially in the richest league in the world, but that is not Burnley’s fault. At the end of the day if the team that played in the last round of the League Cup was good enough for it, plus the players that were rested, then you have enough players to fulfill a fixture! End of story whoever you are.

It should be simple now, if you can't fulfil your fixture you forfeit the match. They all have youth teams etc.
Leeds had a 15 year old on the bench against West Ham.
Fill your team with youths if needs be. Don't sit in the richest league in the world pretending you don't have squads capable of dealing with some injuries and covid cases

I'm a Burnley fan, we had four games in a row postponed mostly for covid reasons, none of which we requested. If it's good enough for the other teams it's good enough for us. We have a small squad with our best player at AFCON - more than happy to push those games back to allow us to get signings in and players back.
A lot of good blue noses in Burnley, I hope it doesn't affect they're fight to stay in the EPL. Hoping to get through for the Villa game in May and a few sherberts in the Angel Inn. All bears are made very welcome in the Angel.

Reactions: Dom
Back