Bury fans need a Rangers flag

acousticblue

As the Bury afc games have started and covid has put a block on attendance figures, I think they are allowed 300 fans to attend their games, but they are looking for a loan of any Rangers flags for the displays, they appreciate the fact that a lot of us have tried to help them.
Seasideshaker who is on this forum is the man asking and has promised to look after the flag /flags until you need them back, thanks in advance for any help for them

Just to expand on @acousticblue post here, due to Covid restrictions, we can only have 300 fans in the stadium (more than most clubs, I know). What this means is a lot of empty space which we are trying to fill with flags. This will build up over the season, but we would really like a Gers flag to be on display at every home game. If anyone would be kind enough to lend us one, it would be greatly appreciated. I promise I will take good care of any flags that were put in my possession. The two clubs have become good friends over the past couple of years and to have a Gers flag present would be a very welcome addition. Please, if anyone can help, get in touch.
Thanks in advance.

What is the current situation at Bury? Saw the BBC documentary and couldn't believe it when I saw that c@nt who bought them. Is the plan to get Bury FC up and running again or Bury AFC to take its place?

What is the current situation at Bury? Saw the BBC documentary and couldn't believe it when I saw that c@nt who bought them. Is the plan to get Bury FC up and running again or Bury AFC to take its place?

Wow, how long have you got! If I’m honest, rather than try and go through it all on here, probably best catching up on the Bury Phoenix Club thread on this forum. There’s loads on info on there and @GTshaker1903 keeps it well up to date.

On the Rangers/Bury flag how about this text.

Bury by name but not by nature,our club will NEVER die.

If I knew how to get photos on this site, I’d put one up of my current flag which has the words ‘THEY TRIED TO KILL US - WE WOULDN’T DIE’ on it.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I’m hoping to set up a crowd funded soon.

A quick question for you all though. As Drummer Lee Rigby is from Bury, and you guys have such a strong connection with him, do you think we should put some sort of tribute to him on any flag we come up with?

It is difficult to answer in a couple of sentences. But my guess is that over half of our previous fan base follows Bury AFC. A good chunk are too damaged at present to have anything to do with football. And a small minority are trying to work with that bearded slug dale, in an attempt to resurrect Bury FC. They currently have a crowd funding page asking for 2.5 million. And after a week of mainly pledging themselves are at approx 2.5k. The 2.5 million is to pay some debts off and give dale a pay day. They would still have loads of financial hurdles and have to pay dale rent on the ground, at a guess 200k per year. And with probable attendance's in the low hundreds, it`s a pipe dream.

If I knew how to get photos on this site, I’d put one up of my current flag which has the words ‘THEY TRIED TO KILL US - WE WOULDN’T DIE’ on it.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I’m hoping to set up a crowd funded soon.

A quick question for you all though. As Drummer Lee Rigby is from Bury, and you guys have such a strong connection with him, do you think we should put some sort of tribute to him on any flag we come up with?

I think your Lee Rigby idea is very good too.

This is a great idea. I also have a bit of an idea. How about a flag with both yours an our badge on it with the words

‘Rangers FANS HAVE GOT YOUR BACK - FOLLOWFOLLOW.COM’

I will speak to Mark about hopefully setting this up
Sorry, only just seen this. Your idea, your flag, go with your shout or choose another. I just assumed you already had something in mind, but threw it in anyway. Happy you like it. Happy contribute what I can to the cause too.

It is difficult to answer in a couple of sentences. But my guess is that over half of our previous fan base follows Bury AFC. A good chunk are too damaged at present to have anything to do with football. And a small minority are trying to work with that bearded slug dale, in an attempt to resurrect Bury FC. They currently have a crowd funding page asking for 2.5 million. And after a week of mainly pledging themselves are at approx 2.5k. The 2.5 million is to pay some debts off and give dale a pay day. They would still have loads of financial hurdles and have to pay dale rent on the ground, at a guess 200k per year. And with probable attendance's in the low hundreds, it`s a pipe dream.
Cant believe that lady's front bottom is still about tbh

Ok, here is the crowdfunding page for the flag.

Once again, thanks for all your support, it really is appreciated

I tried to add a comment, it was like this..
BuryAFC was founded by the fans for the fans because our club Bury FC has had the football removed by the actions of the current owner and he is not letting go.
The Rangers fans have been second to none in giving us their support and i am so grateful, and the Gers have the best flags
At that point i tried to be clever to add a picture of your Lee Rigby flag

I tried to add a comment, it was like this..
BuryAFC was founded by the fans for the fans because our club Bury FC has had the football removed by the actions of the current owner and he is not letting go.
The Rangers fans have been second to none in giving us their support and i am so grateful, and the Gers have the best flags
At that point i tried to be clever to add a picture of your Lee Rigby flag
OUR Lee Rigby

Back