Bury FC phoenix club

Can I just say i think it's great you are giving us updates and information. A lot of us on here are interested in how Bury get on, and sometimes we get caught up in the madness of the forum and forget.

Cheers.

I know I keep saying this but it is absolutely true, the support from you Rangers has been breathtaking.
Your actions have been amazing and I cant thank you enough

And Rangers are the greatest team in Scotland

UTG

I know I keep saying this but it is absolutely true, the support from you Rangers has been breathtaking.
Your actions have been amazing and I cant thank you enough

And Rangers are the greatest team in Scotland

UTG
In the highlights video I've posted above, there's a pin badge from Saturday's game right at the start. Any idea how I can buy one?

It'll look good on my home shirt when it arrives!

In the highlights video I've posted above, there's a pin badge from Saturday's game right at the start. Any idea how I can buy one?

That is a very good question at the moment.
I will try and find out for you

Thanks for posting the highlights too

Great to see the highlights, enjoyed that The lads created an unbelievable amount of chances, on another day they would have been a 4 or 5 goals up. Thanks for posting and thanks for the regular updates. Love coming on here to catch up. it’s truly inspiring to see what the Bury AFC community has achieved in such a short time.

Like many other bears on here I signed up back at the start and its fantastic for me to see the team progress. Onwards and upwards lads, hope to see them in the flesh one day. All the best.

Great to see the highlights, enjoyed that The lads created an unbelievable amount of chances, on another day they would have been a 4 or 5 goals up. Thanks for posting and thanks for the regular updates. Love coming on here to catch up. it’s truly inspiring to see what the Bury AFC community has achieved in such a short time.

Like many other bears on here I signed up back at the start and its fantastic for me to see the team progress. Onwards and upwards lads, hope to see them in the flesh one day. All the best.
Thanks
I have posted your comments on the Bury AFC site too
It will be fantastic when this corona virus is not a problem and we can get back to watching football in crowds again. But it will be a while yet.
You will be really welcome

Brilliant to see you guys winning 3.2 what an ending to your first league game back.

Thanks for your support, you are appreciated.
An amazing result, a stunning first goal and great to get off to a winning start.
The fixtures are on this link

On Saturday the badges sold out but
More Bury AFC home and away badges have been ordered and will be available soon.
I will keep you informed as i find out
Cheers

If yourself or any other fans want a badge or any other match day merchandise, I can post them out for you. Having paypal would help. I am a match day volunteer, so can pick items up pre game. Please pm me. I will try and log on daily. I am also ExiledinEdgeley on the Bury message board Up The Shakers.

If yourself or any other fans want a badge or any other match day merchandise, I can post them out for you. Having paypal would help. I am a match day volunteer, so can pick items up pre game. Please pm me. I will try and log on daily. I am also ExiledinEdgeley on the Bury message board Up The Shakers.

@abitoverdressed were you not in the market for some pin badges mate?

Good Afternoon all.

Another Bury AFC co-owner here

I haven't posted on this thread for a while but I get all the updates on Twitter and the email communication from the club is first class.

Last Saturday must have been some buzz with those 2 late goals, just a pity there wasnt more fans in the ground.

I do a bit of writing, here on FF. I'd be happy to do a report or an audio interview with one of you guys, no bother.

Good Afternoon all.

I haven't posted on this thread for a while but I get all the updates on Twitter and the email communication from the club is first class.

Last Saturday must have been some buzz with those 2 late goals, just a pity there wasnt more fans in the ground.

I do a bit of writing, here on FF. I'd be happy to do a report or an audio interview with one of you guys, no bother.

What do you want to know? :)

Good Afternoon all.

I need to get you in touch with Sanny who is doing a great 10 part podcast, currently upto part 7, including fans from right across the country
It really is an interesting listen for all football fans, not just Bury

From our past as Bury FC, some magical moments, and yes that is Stan Bowles taking a penalty for Bury
Take a look at a short video of Bury FC

We hope to get the single home of Bury FC, Gigg Lane, back sometime in the future
It is still in the clutches of the chairman owner of Bury FC, steve dale, who in his own words doesnt like football, didnt even know Bury had a football club until he aquired it for £1, to add to his long list of companies he had already liquidated.
He is the chairman who got Bury FC expelled from the English Football League and will always be in the history books.
It will be a hard struggle

Oh my goodness
I am embarrassed by Forever Bury

To start at the beginning, very 'simplified',
Bury FC has an 'official supporters group' called Forever Bury

Bury FC had a chairman, stewart day (SD1) who had a 5 year plan to get BFC to the Championship and recklessly borrowed money, mortgaging the football ground, Gigg Lane, beyond it's value and at exorbitant rates of interest. Meanwhile SD1 had a string of other companies, all called Mederco which were for building student accommodation and carparks - all gone bust and in administration to the costs of greater than £50M

SD1 magically sold Bury FC to the current owner, steve dale, SD2 for £1

So SD2 turned up, claiming he was looking forward to save Bury FC, stating he had recovered from luekemia and wanted to give the club a second chance and build up the youth academy.

At this point, Bury FC was in EFL League 2 but doing well.

SD2 stopped paying the players, the staff, the bills and it was discovered that he had liquidated his last 50 companies. His tactic of not paying at his previous companies meant people quit to find employment elsewhere. SD2 then mops up the riches of selling off the assets.
At a football club it is different though.
People stayed and played for the love of the club, indeed the players got Bury FC promoted to League 1, amazingly.
More amazingly, the groundsman Mike Curtis, still cuts the grass, even now, for no money. 18 months on. What a hero.

SD2 in his own words has no interest in football, never even knew Bury had a football team until he aquired them and it will be easy for him to walk away from Bury

SD2 never passed the fit and proper owner EFL test and didnt show proof of funds to run the club, especially as he had not paid anything for months

The new league season 2019 started, dale still not complying with the EFL got Bury FC expelled from the EFL, and because of this act he can not own or enter any football club in any league, so his continued ownership prevents Bury FC being in any league.

Forever Bury, the supporters body, hoped to save Bury FC, 1 by finding a new buyer, 2 by backing a self claimed bitcoin business man who was going to buy Bury FC out of liquidation, 3 as a last resort support a fan based group to raise a new Bury team, Bury AFC.

Well option 1 collapsed at the end with the hidden debts due to SD1 doing things like selling off car park spaces at the ground and other complications.
Option 2 was a no goer as bitcoin man really didnt have any money.
A consortium of Bury businessmen fans made a valiant attempt to buy Bury FC from SD2 but SD2 is not interested in selling

Also during this time, Winding Up Orders WUP were being fought off, HMRC and a long list of creditors trying to get what they are owed.

SD2 managed to manipulate a CVA payment agreement by his daughter's partner buying the mederco debt interest for £70k with a £7M claim against Bury FC. This gave SD1 control of the CVA.
The payment agreement was set up, staved off the WUP, then surprise surprise SD2 reneges and no payment is made so the CVA has collapsed, all creditors are owed the full amount. Also, the payments to obtain the mederco debt were also stopped.

Forever Bury are now trying to get the club off SD2, he bought it for £1 and all kinds of payments have disappeared, gate money, season ticket money, transfer fees all unaccounted for. No club accounts have been issued for years.

Today Forever Bury have announced they want to crowd fund a payment of £2.5M with no details about what this payment does. It raised £40 in the first 7 hours, two of the £10 donations made by SD2's daughter and partner.

Forever Bury have been invisible for the last year, claiming they have been working night and day to save Bury but cant say anything because of Non disclosure agreements.

Meanwhile, option 3 happened, over 300 Bury fans with skills and professional knowledge rose to the occasion to ensure that a football team would be playing in Bury this season.
Hats off to them, as volunteers they have made a massive achievement and Bury AFC are in the bottom tier of the football pyramid.

Coronavirus has prevented Bury FC being back in the WUP court. SD2 hangs on to Bury FC and is hoping with glee that Forever Bury pay him and then continue to pay him annual rent .

So i hope this information will assist.

For me Bury AFC, by the fans for the fans gets my vote.

Oh my goodness
I am embarrassed by Forever Bury

To start at the beginning, very 'simplified',
Bury FC has an 'official supporters group' called Forever Bury

Bury FC had a chairman, stewart day (SD1) who had a 5 year plan to get BFC to the Championship and recklessly borrowed money, mortgaging the football ground, Gigg Lane, beyond it's value and at exorbitant rates of interest. Meanwhile SD1 had a string of other companies, all called Mederco which were for building student accommodation and carparks - all gone bust and in administration to the costs of greater than £50M

SD1 magically sold Bury FC to the current owner, steve dale, SD2 for £1

So SD2 turned up, claiming he was looking forward to save Bury FC, stating he had recovered from luekemia and wanted to give the club a second chance and build up the youth academy.

At this point, Bury FC was in EFL League 2 but doing well.

SD2 stopped paying the players, the staff, the bills and it was discovered that he had liquidated his last 50 companies. His tactic of not paying at his previous companies meant people quit to find employment elsewhere. SD2 then mops up the riches of selling off the assets.
At a football club it is different though.
People stayed and played for the love of the club, indeed the players got Bury FC promoted to League 1, amazingly.
More amazingly, the groundsman Mike Curtis, still cuts the grass, even now, for no money. 18 months on. What a hero.

SD2 in his own words has no interest in football, never even knew Bury had a football team until he aquired them and it will be easy for him to walk away from Bury

SD2 never passed the fit and proper owner EFL test and didnt show proof of funds to run the club, especially as he had not paid anything for months

The new league season 2019 started, dale still not complying with the EFL got Bury FC expelled from the EFL, and because of this act he can not own or enter any football club in any league, so his continued ownership prevents Bury FC being in any league.

Forever Bury, the supporters body, hoped to save Bury FC, 1 by finding a new buyer, 2 by backing a self claimed bitcoin business man who was going to buy Bury FC out of liquidation, 3 as a last resort support a fan based group to raise a new Bury team, Bury AFC.

Well option 1 collapsed at the end with the hidden debts due to SD1 doing things like selling off car park spaces at the ground and other complications.
Option 2 was a no goer as bitcoin man really didnt have any money.
A consortium of Bury businessmen fans made a valiant attempt to buy Bury FC from SD2 but SD2 is not interested in selling

Also during this time, Winding Up Orders WUP were being fought off, HMRC and a long list of creditors trying to get what they are owed.

SD2 managed to manipulate a CVA payment agreement by his daughter's partner buying the mederco debt interest for £70k with a £7M claim against Bury FC. This gave SD1 control of the CVA.
The payment agreement was set up, staved off the WUP, then surprise surprise SD2 reneges and no payment is made so the CVA has collapsed, all creditors are owed the full amount. Also, the payments to obtain the mederco debt were also stopped.

Forever Bury are now trying to get the club off SD2, he bought it for £1 and all kinds of payments have disappeared, gate money, season ticket money, transfer fees all unaccounted for. No club accounts have been issued for years.

Today Forever Bury have announced they want to crowd fund a payment of £2.5M with no details about what this payment does. It raised £40 in the first 7 hours, two of the £10 donations made by SD2's daughter and partner.

Forever Bury have been invisible for the last year, claiming they have been working night and day to save Bury but cant say anything because of Non disclosure agreements.

Meanwhile, option 3 happened, over 300 Bury fans with skills and professional knowledge rose to the occasion to ensure that a football team would be playing in Bury this season.
Hats off to them, as volunteers they have made a massive achievement and Bury AFC are in the bottom tier of the football pyramid.

Coronavirus has prevented Bury FC being back in the WUP court. SD2 hangs on to Bury FC and is hoping with glee that Forever Bury pay him and then continue to pay him annual rent .

So i hope this information will assist.

For me Bury AFC, by the fans for the fans gets my vote.
Never at any point has SD2 had your interest at heart, the fans club is definitely the one to back now, it's run by the fans, you know everything that is going on in the Bury afc, forever Bury should be backing you up now, SD2 is going to rip off the cash again, probably he'll give up rights to the club but rent the ground back at sky high rates

Last edited:
The full 47 minute program can be found on BBCi player. It comes up when you type in Bury in the search bar. It documents the last 12 months and shows that our fight hasn`t just been against dale and the EFL. I think it captures the passion and love that many fans have for their teams.

Back