Bury FC phoenix club

How long is your league been closed for, do you think you'll get the season completed

Yes it has been confirmed the season is suspended
Dont know how this will pan out, they scrapped last years leagues having played more games

It really is a sad mess with all the rising coronavirus figures

Stay safe and
Happy New Year to all you Gers
You really are the greatest fans in the UK

Strange news is coming out of Gigg Lane
Where are we upto?

So Gigg Lane is the home of Bury FC
Bury FC is owned by Steve Dale, (SD2), the guy who says he has no interest in football, never knew Bury had a football team until he bought them for £1, who is the 'Last' Chairman of Bury FC.

Dale is in the history books because he got Bury FC expelled from the EFL.
Because he got Bury FC expelled, he can not enter any team in any league.
Because of his continued ownership, Bury FC lost the opportunity to be placed in a division only two divisions lower than we were expelled from (L1)
Bury FC has not had a team for two seasons and dale's actions have lost our membership of the FA.

Dale has placed Bury FC in administration and appointed Mr Wiseglass as administrator

All of these mean any new team will have to make a new registration with the FA to be placed in the lowest tier of the pyramid system, and because of the financial mismanagement at Bury FC, any new team can not be called Bury FC

But news has leaked
Another man with no connection to Bury, who lays claim to be a main sponsor of Ilkeston Town FC (Derbyshire) called David Hilton is going to buy the charge on Gigg Lane, and presumeably Bury Football Club Company Ltd and Gigg Lane

..the charge on Gigg Lane is a charge to a financial company called Capital Bridging Finance who lent money to the previous dodgy chairman of Bury FC, Stewart Day (SD1) at ridiculous interest rates and with a huge introduction fee. Capital Bridging Finance are themselves in administration.
They borrowed this money from a Maltese Pension Fund ( about £3.8M)
Some link with bank accounts in the British Virgin Isles too

There are numerous large debts owed by Bury FC. Dale stopped all payments to staff, players, businesses as soon as he arrived, lost the teams, the youth set up everything.

The charge on Gigg Lane is apparently greater than the value of Gigg Lane, a 7ha site fairly near the centre of the town

So the Bury FC is in administration with no football team, in no league, has no players or staff, has major debts, why would a stranger want it?

There are plenty of other complications too.
Dale SD2, manipulated proceedings to get a CVA (agreed payments to creditors) set up and then did not make any payments, so the CVA was cancelled and all the payments are owed in full.
Wiseglass was the man in charge of the CVA.

Day SD1, owned companies called Mederco, to build student accommodation and carparks. All his Mederco companies are in administration to the tune of over £50M allegedly
I dont fully understand but somehow Mederco claim to be owed £7M from Bury FC. This claim has been bought by the partner of Dale's (SD2) daughter for £70k, which gave SD2 control of the CVA arrangements, and then the payments for the £70 k were never made in full.

SD1 also sold about 250 car park spaces at Gigg Lane on 25y leases promising 9% returns on £10k investments plus money back ( or something like)

Anyway my head hurts now.
So David Hilton, being regarded as a hero by the number of fans who say they only want Bury FC at Gigg Lane

His web site and track record show no money in the pot. He bought a canal side pub in Cotmanhey and has run it down as he tries to bully the council to let him build flats

So we will see where this leads
Some are excited thinking he will resurrect Bury FC

I am glad that over 300 Bury FC fans had the determination to keep football alive in Bury with the formation of the fan owned club Bury AFC

We didnt need this covid closing the leagues to add to our 'lucky' tale

Good luck to you all
I will update when i find out more

Cheers

Strange news is coming out of Gigg Lane
Where are we upto?

So Gigg Lane is the home of Bury FC
Bury FC is owned by Steve Dale, (SD2), the guy who says he has no interest in football, never knew Bury had a football team until he bought them for £1, who is the 'Last' Chairman of Bury FC.

Dale is in the history books because he got Bury FC expelled from the EFL.
Because he got Bury FC expelled, he can not enter any team in any league.
Because of his continued ownership, Bury FC lost the opportunity to be placed in a division only two divisions lower than we were expelled from (L1)
Bury FC has not had a team for two seasons and dale's actions have lost our membership of the FA.

Dale has placed Bury FC in administration and appointed Mr Wiseglass as administrator

All of these mean any new team will have to make a new registration with the FA to be placed in the lowest tier of the pyramid system, and because of the financial mismanagement at Bury FC, any new team can not be called Bury FC

But news has leaked
Another man with no connection to Bury, who lays claim to be a main sponsor of Ilkeston Town FC (Derbyshire) called David Hilton is going to buy the charge on Gigg Lane, and presumeably Bury Football Club Company Ltd and Gigg Lane

..the charge on Gigg Lane is a charge to a financial company called Capital Bridging Finance who lent money to the previous dodgy chairman of Bury FC, Stewart Day (SD1) at ridiculous interest rates and with a huge introduction fee. Capital Bridging Finance are themselves in administration.
They borrowed this money from a Maltese Pension Fund ( about £3.8M)
Some link with bank accounts in the British Virgin Isles too

There are numerous large debts owed by Bury FC. Dale stopped all payments to staff, players, businesses as soon as he arrived, lost the teams, the youth set up everything.

The charge on Gigg Lane is apparently greater than the value of Gigg Lane, a 7ha site fairly near the centre of the town

So the Bury FC is in administration with no football team, in no league, has no players or staff, has major debts, why would a stranger want it?

There are plenty of other complications too.
Dale SD2, manipulated proceedings to get a CVA (agreed payments to creditors) set up and then did not make any payments, so the CVA was cancelled and all the payments are owed in full.
Wiseglass was the man in charge of the CVA.

Day SD1, owned companies called Mederco, to build student accommodation and carparks. All his Mederco companies are in administration to the tune of over £50M allegedly
I dont fully understand but somehow Mederco claim to be owed £7M from Bury FC. This claim has been bought by the partner of Dale's (SD2) daughter for £70k, which gave SD2 control of the CVA arrangements, and then the payments for the £70 k were never made in full.

SD1 also sold about 250 car park spaces at Gigg Lane on 25y leases promising 9% returns on £10k investments plus money back ( or something like)

Anyway my head hurts now.
So David Hilton, being regarded as a hero by the number of fans who say they only want Bury FC at Gigg Lane

His web site and track record show no money in the pot. He bought a canal side pub in Cotmanhey and has run it down as he tries to bully the council to let him build flats

So we will see where this leads
Some are excited thinking he will resurrect Bury FC

I am glad that over 300 Bury FC fans had the determination to keep football alive in Bury with the formation of the fan owned club Bury AFC

We didnt need this covid closing the leagues to add to our 'lucky' tale

Good luck to you all
I will update when i find out more

Cheers
All sounds very shady what happens with the forever Bury funds

All sounds very shady what happens with the forever Bury funds
That is another mysterious element
Forever Bury have been strangely invisible for most of the time, done some crazy things and then came out with a cringing embarrassing crowdfund effort
Who knows what they are trying to do
They are very detached from the fan base

Hi again
Strange things are happening at Bury

The Bury fans message board is temporaly closed as someone is threatening legal action against people who run the mb

The administrator of Bury FC, Mr Wiseglass, has produced a report now, if i get details i will let you know, it is over 60 pages

There was lots of silly behaviour over the last couple of weeks with an alleged saviour, David Hilton, buying the shares off SD2, allegedly, but the club is in administration. Apparently the saviour has no money either.

So when i find out, i will try to keep you informed

Good luck to Rangers, get back to winning ways.
Thanks as always to you fantastic fans

Finally got around to having a look at the management accounts for December on the clubs website.

Glad to see you are doing really well - virtually every budget item target has been met.

In the Covid pandemic it's pleasing to see how the membership figures and contributions are keeping up - they are absolutely vital for the club. Well done to all.

Cheers for the updates GTshaker.

I've been busy the last while so haven't had a chance to get caught up with happenings down your way.

This Hilton character, eh. Sounds like a lovely chap...

I actually pity the FB lot, they are really holding out for a hero that cant/wont arrive.

The first or second time can be excused, by now its just delusion.

Finally got around to having a look at the management accounts for December on the clubs website.

Glad to see you are doing really well - virtually every budget item target has been met.

In the Covid pandemic it's pleasing to see how the membership figures and contributions are keeping up - they are absolutely vital for the club. Well done to all.
Thank you for your kind words and for your continued interest
I have copied your message on to the Bury AFC message board which has reopened now

The administrator has said there are three interested parties making offers, but D Hilton withdrew his attempt.

Good luck for Rangers continued success

Back to the Gigg Lane saga
Vehicles were seen taking away whatever moves over the last couple of days, then amazingly, yesterday a fire broke out in the stadium - nothing too serious hopefully as fire was put out, maybe by a sprinkler. Various versions at the moment, but here is the Bury Times version:

Hot News
The Bury AFC Chairman, Chris Murray, is stepping down.
He has done an excellent job in overseeing the creation of Bury AFC
A club statement is due out soon
I just watched the BBC documentary again the other day.
Chris came across really well, but kinda fell into a role he didn't seem comfortable with.

Hope it's just a case of him stepping back now the club is on a decent footing.

Back to the Gigg Lane saga
Vehicles were seen taking away whatever moves over the last couple of days, then amazingly, yesterday a fire broke out in the stadium - nothing too serious hopefully as fire was put out, maybe by a sprinkler. Various versions at the moment, but here is the Bury Times version:
Sounds a bit like Glasgow city centre these last few years!

Hot News
Hot News
Restructuring the club to take in Women and Junior teams

The season is ended for Bury AFC after an amazing 7 games, the pandemic has brought the League to a stop
What an achievement though to have got this far, and we will be ready for when our football does begin again.
And Good Luck to the Mighty Gers, keep the points coming and get your 55th, you will do this, you have amazing flags and you are the greatest fans
Cheers

The season is ended for Bury AFC after an amazing 7 games, the pandemic has brought the League to a stop
What an achievement though to have got this far, and we will be ready for when our football does begin again.
And Good Luck to the Mighty Gers, keep the points coming and get your 55th, you will do this, you have amazing flags and you are the greatest fans
Cheers
Does that mean you will remain in your division, it was looking good for promotion,

All ok with Chris Murray stepping down?

Was the reason for this disclosed?

Not a fan of those colours for a top to be honest. If your club basically just remade one of England’s old homes shirts and stuck your badge on it you’d sell a good few up here.

Good to see the club back all the same and best wishes for the future

Not a fan of those colours for a top to be honest. If your club basically just remade one of England’s old homes shirts and stuck your badge on it you’d sell a good few up here.

I agree with you about the colours but apparently our very first kit was halved brown and sky blue. For me i prefer the white and royal blue, but again in fairness there was a vote, so what do i know.
Our existing away kit is based on the Lancashire Fusilier colours and i must admit it looks great.

But back to today, the Bury AFC league has been curtailed, so again no football for us, but glad to be able to cheer on Rangers.

Bring on the 55th
It is so deserved

Good Luck

Fantastic result for you Gers
So fully deserved
No wonder every Rangers fan wants to celebrate, it means so much more
Looking forward to seeing the flags

Back