Bury FC phoenix club

Sorry Gers
It was a great effort, a massive achievement to reach the final and when Aribo hit the target what a feeling
Just not to be in the penalties
Bassey was fantastic
Loads of credit to Rangers
Now win the next game
Bassey is some player for such a big lad!!! As you say. Win the next game. Play up the Glasgow Rangers. Not forgetting. Up the Shakers!!!!!!!

Any developments off the pitch in Bury over the last few weeks? @GTshaker1903
Hi, it is still complicated but i will try to put it in a simple way, which is my interpretation, so i may not be right, but there is so much secrecy it is hard to know for sure.

What is sure, Bury Football Club is still in administration, but the company name has now been changed to CCFB Realisations.

Our last game was in May 2019, when Bury FC won promotion to League 1

The Bury FC Chairman, steve dale, (still today) got us expelled from the English Football League, in August 2019. This act means dale can not enter any team in any league, and his continued ownership prevented our team being placed only two divisions lower than we were expelled from and he lost our FA membership

In 2019, the Bury Football Club Supporters Society, at the time branded as Forever Bury, held a Town Hall meeting and 3 options were agreed as the way forward.

Ist, someone buying Bury FC did not happen

2nd, a bitcoin chancer with no funds was to buy Bury FC out of liquidation, did not happen

3rd, the Bury FC fans were to establish a phoenix football team to meet the FA deadline date of January 2020, this is the successful football team now called Bury AFC, 100 % owned by the fans and one member one vote ownership, which many of you great Rangers fans have joined and helped and own too.

Despite the covid pandemic and crowd restrictions, Bury AFC is an open and transparent club showing their accounts monthly, and have just won the tier 10 division they were placed in by the FA.

So critically, this was the Forever Bury agreed way forward, and Bury AFC has FA membership and the football league placing, will be in tier 9 next season.

In late 2021, steve dale put Bury FC in administration because the government tax rules were about to change

At this point, EST, a secret unelected group of alleged Bury businessmen including a USA based Bury born business man who has put up £500k and with the use of Forever Bury as a community base society, in 2022, have aquired Gigg Lane out of administration with a government £1M levelling up fund to be a community sports club.

So EST and Forever Bury, now called Bury Football Club Supporters Society, own Gigg Lane

But they have not bought Bury FC out of administration, they own the ground but do not have a football team, do not have an FA membership and do not have a football league placing, yet they are claiming they have saved Bury FC

The FA will not permit them the use of the name Bury FC, because Bury FC is still in administration.

If they form a club, it will be a second phoenix team and will have to begin at the foot of the pyramid, and does not have a league place for the coming season

Bury Football Club Supporters Society are selling ownership of their club

There are ongoing negotiations between EST/BFCSS and Bury AFC, however, EST/Bury Football Club Supporters Society will not allow Bury AFC to play at the community club ground.

There are other twists, but this is enough for now, make of it what you will

Crazy

Thank you.

My limited understanding was that some negotiations between both 'parties' had taken place.

Im maybe missing something, but without Dale out of Bury FC and the club out of administration, what is the end game of BFCSS to get a team on the pitch?

Yes, it appears crazy that govt and council funding has been agreed and released without an agreed roadmap to get football back onto the Gigg Lane pitch.

Thank you.

My limited understanding was that some negotiations between both 'parties' had taken place.

Im maybe missing something, but without Dale out of Bury FC and the club out of administration, what is the end game of BFCSS to get a team on the pitch?

Yes, it appears crazy that govt and council funding has been agreed and released without an agreed roadmap to get football back onto the Gigg Lane pitch.
From leaked documents it seems EST / BFCSS had assumed they were going to take over Bury AFC
But now i am out of my depth, formations of companies has happened and there is a proposed set up of 49% / 51% ownership where EST own 49% (for the £500k outlay which only equates to 22% of the outlay value,) and BFCSS own the 51%, claiming to represent the fans, so we will be truly stuffed if that happens in my view, if i am right

From leaked documents it seems EST / BFCSS had assumed they were going to take over Bury AFC
But now i am out of my depth, formations of companies has happened and there is a proposed set up of 49% / 51% ownership where EST own 49% (for the £500k outlay which only equates to 22% of the outlay value,) and BFCSS own the 51%, claiming to represent the fans, so we will be truly stuffed if that happens in my view, if i am right
There has not been any plan for sustainability shown by EST
They think they can open a small gym and that the nhs will utilise some part of the ground

EST / BFCSS are trying to sell it that they have saved the club

Reactions: ICM
So are they expecting/hoping that AFC and everyone involved just hands over everything to them because they have rights to the stadium

That will be a non starter.

So are they expecting/hoping that AFC and everyone involved just hands over everything to them because they have rights to the stadium

That will be a non starter.
That's exactly what I thought when this stadium business started and I've seen nothing to change my mind.

It's my opinion that the aim was to acquire Gigg Lane then attempt a hostile takeover and throw mud at Bury AFC as the guys who are stopping football coming back to Bury.
Again, I see nothing to alter that opinion.

When the time comes, I'll be guided by the people on here who have supported us as we've supported them.
Ultimately, it's their club.
The last thing they deserve is to be shafted again.

That's exactly what I thought when this stadium business started and I've seen nothing to change my mind.

It's my opinion that the aim was to acquire Gigg Lane then attempt a hostile takeover and throw mud at Bury AFC as the guys who are stopping football coming back to Bury.
Again, I see nothing to alter that opinion.

When the time comes, I'll be guided by the people on here who have supported us as we've supported them.
Ultimately, it's their club.
The last thing they deserve is to be shafted again.
This is spot on, thanks so much for your interest, you Gers are brilliant.
Yes, the Bury AFC board will guide my choice too

Hi, it is still complicated but i will try to put it in a simple way, which is my interpretation, so i may not be right, but there is so much secrecy it is hard to know for sure.

What is sure, Bury Football Club is still in administration, but the company name has now been changed to CCFB Realisations.

The Bury FC Chairman, steve dale, (still today) got us expelled from the English Football League, in August 2019. This act means dale can not enter any team in any league, and his continued ownership prevented our team being placed only two divisions lower than we were expelled from and he lost our FA membership

In 2019, the Bury Football Club Supporters Society, at the time branded as Forever Bury, held a Town Hall meeting and 3 options were agreed as the way forward.

2nd, a bitcoin chancer with no funds was to buy Bury FC out of liquidation, did not happen

3rd, the Bury FC fans were to establish a phoenix football team to meet the FA deadline date of January 2020, this is the successful football team now called Bury AFC, 100 % owned by the fans and one member one vote ownership, which many of you great Rangers fans have joined and helped and own too.

Despite the covid pandemic and crowd restrictions, Bury AFC is an open and transparent club showing their accounts monthly, and have just won the tier 10 division they were placed in by the FA.

So critically, this was the Forever Bury agreed way forward, and Bury AFC has FA membership and the football league placing, will be in tier 9 next season.

In late 2021, steve dale put Bury FC in administration because the government tax rules were about to change

At this point, EST, a secret unelected group of alleged Bury businessmen including a USA based Bury born business man who has put up £500k and with the use of Forever Bury as a community base society, in 2022, have aquired Gigg Lane out of administration with a government £1M levelling up fund to be a community sports club.

So EST and Forever Bury, now called Bury Football Club Supporters Society, own Gigg Lane

But they have not bought Bury FC out of administration, they own the ground but do not have a football team, do not have an FA membership and do not have a football league placing, yet they are claiming they have saved Bury FC

The FA will not permit them the use of the name Bury FC, because Bury FC is still in administration.

If they form a club, it will be a second phoenix team and will have to begin at the foot of the pyramid, and does not have a league place for the coming season

There are ongoing negotiations between EST/BFCSS and Bury AFC, however, EST/Bury Football Club Supporters Society will not allow Bury AFC to play at the community club ground.

Crazy
I hope the fans get it sorted out as ultimately they are the ones who suffer the most.

Wish all the guys involved in Bury AFC the best. It's horrific to be battling that kind of chicanery that is "legal" as far as company law goes.

I watched a youtube thing about Darlington the other night. Their fans went through a load of stuff like that too. The regulations on who owns clubs and who can have the rights to certain elements of the clubs really have to change.

They think they can open a small gym and that the nhs will utilise some part of the ground

To me they have saved the ground ,not the club.
Which ,if I was cynical would probably gross a bit for housing if no team plays on it .

I said on a FB page that they should let your mob in to have a team.thats established,plus let your men run the club as you have experience in that level of football now.
Had a few comments laughing.For me it's common sense .
Let your people use it and run the club and ' merge' some of their folk into it slowly.

The only thing stopping what I'm saying is either ego's or money.Or both

Ultimately,they may own Gigg lane ,but with no team and outgoings it's potentially a noose round their neck.
AFC will climb leagues and build for the future, meaning the size of the ground can go up as you move through the league's .
They really ain't in such a great position,if they started a team it would be lower than you and in a relatively massive ground.Be like me living in Buckingham palace and paying the leccy bill for all the rooms.

Ultimately,they may own Gigg lane ,but with no team and outgoings it's potentially a noose round their neck.
AFC will climb leagues and build for the future, meaning the size of the ground can go up as you move through the league's .
They really ain't in such a great position,if they started a team it would be lower than you and in a relatively massive ground.Be like me living in Buckingham palace and paying the leccy bill for all the rooms.
If you lived in Bucki Palace you could invite us all round for a game of footy
If Bury Football Club Supporters Society owned it, they would not let us in, but sell tickets at top prices to their mates

Reactions: jtc
If you lived in Bucki Palace you could invite us all round for a game of footy
If Bury Football Club Supporters Society owned it, they would not let us in, but sell tickets at top prices to their mates
What’s the fan make up?

Do you guys have the majority of Bury FC fans in tow with AFC?
How many do Gigg lane nae team FC have/hope to have?

What’s the fan make up?

Do you guys have the majority of Bury FC fans in tow with AFC?
How many do Gigg lane nae team FC have/hope to have?
It is a good question
We know we have 1600 membership of AFC
The ones who wanted to watch football.

The missing may be about the same, but not really known now
They have not produced a plan of anything yet, but they hope 2000

They dont have a football team and wont for another season at best

To me they have saved the ground ,not the club.
Which ,if I was cynical would probably gross a bit for housing if no team plays on it .

I said on a FB page that they should let your mob in to have a team.thats established,plus let your men run the club as you have experience in that level of football now.
Had a few comments laughing.For me it's common sense .
Let your people use it and run the club and ' merge' some of their folk into it slowly.

The only thing stopping what I'm saying is either ego's or money.Or both
When you see comments online, it all just seems to be snide shit towards AFC, mostly about not being Bury FC which they've never claimed to be.

They don't appear to want anyone from AFC having a say, but need a football club playing at Gigg Lane.

I honestly think they thought buying the stadium would see AFC just hand over the club.

Hey guys, just thought I’d pop on and give a view from the “other side” sort of thing to try dispel any mistruths that may be spilled on here.

Firstly a meeting was held at Gigg Lane last month for anyone to attend, an open meeting (which some Bury AFC fans attended), one in the morning and one in the afternoon, in which various people spoke behind the bid, an American formally of Bury that has put some money behind it by the name of Peter Alexander being one of these and a detailed plan was shown outlining how it would work and how it would be financed and stay sustainable without the need for outside investment long term, mostly due to the football side not giving out big contracts like they have in the past and the “non footballing side” hosting events like never before seen (weddings, giggs, gym facilities, letting out space in the ground to business’ ect.).

Bury FC Supporters Society have reached out several times over the last few months and sent detailed business plans to the board at Bury AFC in the hope to join forces, merge and begin to put all this mess behind us, unfortunately Bury AFC are, so far, reluctant to do so.

Several events have been held at Gigg Lane already that are open to all, a few of the Bury FC foundation womens games which saw 500-800 people pile into the ground, the fa schools finals which saw various people watching the local schools play on the hallowed turf watching the youngsters play and there is a charity legends game in July (Bury v Burnley) in which anybody can attend as well as being open every weekend for people to come down and help with various ground works, tidying up, painting, washing seats and many other things or even just coming back to sitting in your old seat (so this cuts the untruth that it’s just mates being allowed in).

I was originally part of Bury AFC in the early days volunteering but quickly left as it wasn’t for me among other things that cropped up.

I’ll leave it at that for now because I’ll be here all day

Bury FC Supporters Society have done tremendous work so far in getting the ground and club (name, IP, history ect.) out of admin and are looking to take the next step forward and anyone is welcome to join, have a peep at there socials for more information on what’s going on, just recently they brought out there first costs and posted them out for people to see.

When you see comments online, it all just seems to be snide shit towards AFC, mostly about not being Bury FC which they've never claimed to be.

They don't appear to want anyone from AFC having a say, but need a football club playing at Gigg Lane.

I honestly think they thought buying the stadium would see AFC just hand over the club.
Why would it?

If the running of the old club was poor ,and it obviously was ,why would the AFC lads permit their hard work going the pan just to have the 'BURY' name ?
They need to be careful as every season away from Gigg lane is taking just a bit of the sentimental value away from AFC lads .
Ultimately hard facts will dictate whether you,as AFC wanted a return to GL,the.main one being can we afford it !

Hey guys, just thought I’d pop on and give a view from the “other side” sort of thing to try dispel any mistruths that may be spilled on here.

Firstly a meeting was held at Gigg Lane last month for anyone to attend, an open meeting (which some Bury AFC fans attended), one in the morning and one in the afternoon, in which various people spoke behind the bid, an American formally of Bury that has put some money behind it by the name of Peter Alexander being one of these and a detailed plan was shown outlining how it would work and how it would be financed and stay sustainable without the need for outside investment long term, mostly due to the football side not giving out big contracts like they have in the past and the “non footballing side” hosting events like never before seen (weddings, giggs, gym facilities, letting out space in the ground to business’ ect.).

Bury FC Supporters Society have reached out several times over the last few months and sent detailed business plans to the board at Bury AFC in the hope to join forces, merge and begin to put all this mess behind us, unfortunately Bury AFC are, so far, reluctant to do so.

Several events have been held at Gigg Lane already that are open to all, a few of the Bury FC foundation womens games which saw 500-800 people pile into the ground, the fa schools finals which saw various people watching the local schools play on the hallowed turf watching the youngsters play and there is a charity legends game in July (Bury v Burnley) in which anybody can attend as well as being open every weekend for people to come down and help with various ground works, tidying up, painting, washing seats and many other things or even just coming back to sitting in your old seat (so this cuts the untruth that it’s just mates being allowed in).

I was originally part of Bury AFC in the early days volunteering but quickly left as it wasn’t for me among other things that cropped up.

I’ll leave it at that for now because I’ll be here all day

Bury FC Supporters Society have done tremendous work so far in getting the ground and club (name, IP, history ect.) out of admin and are looking to take the next step forward and anyone is welcome to join, have a peep at there socials for more information on what’s going on, just recently they brought out there first costs and posted them out for people to see.
But if you will now answer honestly

Has Bury FC been bought out of administration?
The answer is No, Peter Alexander explained he could not afford to do so

Has Bury FC got an FA membership?
The answer is No

Will the FA allow any new team created by the Bury Football Club Supporters Society to be called Bury FC?
The answer is No because Bury FC is still in administration

Will Bury FC be playing at Gigg Lane in the coming season?
The answer is No

The Bury Football Club Supporters Society had agreed that Bury AFC was they way forward in 2019, only the Bury Football Club Chairman steve dale prevented the football team being entered only two divisions lower than we were expelled from and playing at Gigg Lane

Now it appears a hostile takeover is wanted

Crazy
To add to this FB/SS and Est1885 seem to have 5 Ltd companies setup and with the possibility of co-opting directors onto any "supporters" board I feel we will be screwed should the members fall for a "merger"

The money will always win not the supporters.

They seem to be changing track on this and softening their position without actually coming out and admiting it.
The deranged FTP crew are having a meltdown,.

GTshaker1903 is obviously an AFC fan. He is lying about the situation as it stands. Bury FC do not want to "Take over" AFC. EST 1885 & The Supporters Society now own the club. It is & will be run the German way with 51-49 supporter ownership.
I can state categorically that we are NOT in administration, I had that confirmed to me yesterday by a club official. Previous owner (spit) Steve Dale has nothing at all to do with Bury FC at all.
Some AFC officials have done all in their power to try & stop Bury FC coming back. They have not lifted a finger to help, not raised a penny. They are a different club that rent a ground in a separate town (Radcliffe FC).
GTshaker1903 says that AFC have a one man one vote system, yet their officials refuse to give their members a vote on amalgamation, why? probably because Bury FC fans have told them (via Facebook etc) that those officials are not welcome.
Hundreds of fans have been at Gigg Lane for the past month or so doing the ground up & local firms have donated time & equipment to get the ground ready for football again.
It is the AFC officials that are having a "Meltdown", as they see that their fans would be back at Gigg Lane once league games are being played at Gigg. AFC fans will be made welcome back, after all we will need all the fans we can get (lol).
To state my position, I'm just an ordinary Bury fan since Jan 1961 & I'm a member of the Supporters Society.

GTshaker1903 is obviously an AFC fan. He is lying about the situation as it stands. Bury FC do not want to "Take over" AFC. EST 1885 & The Supporters Society now own the club. It is & will be run the German way with 51-49 supporter ownership.
I can state categorically that we are NOT in administration, I had that confirmed to me yesterday by a club official. Previous owner (spit) Steve Dale has nothing at all to do with Bury FC at all.
Some AFC officials have done all in their power to try & stop Bury FC coming back. They have not lifted a finger to help, not raised a penny. They are a different club that rent a ground in a separate town (Radcliffe FC).
GTshaker1903 says that AFC have a one man one vote system, yet their officials refuse to give their members a vote on amalgamation, why? probably because Bury FC fans have told them (via Facebook etc) that those officials are not welcome.
Hundreds of fans have been at Gigg Lane for the past month or so doing the ground up & local firms have donated time & equipment to get the ground ready for football again.
It is the AFC officials that are having a "Meltdown", as they see that their fans would be back at Gigg Lane once league games are being played at Gigg. AFC fans will be made welcome back, after all we will need all the fans we can get (lol).
To state my position, I'm just an ordinary Bury fan since Jan 1961 & I'm a member of the Supporters Society.
Been trying not to get involved in this, but Gt Shaker hasn't lied to us, while you guys were sitting in chairs waiting on something to happen he and others immediately started on the fan based afc set up.
It may be in the lower leagues, but that's where they had to start, it immediately gave football fans who previously followed the old bury fc the chance to watch a team in their colours again, they worked hard with cameras covering the games for a subscription, its a proper run club run for fans by fans, a lot of people put in hard work to make it happen and in the first attempt winning promotion, personally I think they've been tremendous and also the job they do seems very honest keeping the fans involved at all times.
With all due respect to one of your comments its not up to bury afc to build bridges with this other work in progress club, they have raised more than enough to fund afc along with the help of our fanbase, which I'm proud to say have been magnificent as usual, I've been a member of the Bury forum and some of the hatred towards afc fans has been incredible, I'd be very wary if I was in their shoes as they are already successful in getting the membership and promotion.

Thanks for calling me a liar
Which bit?
Peter Alexander stated he can not afford to buy Bury FC out of administration, are you calling him a liar also?
That Bury Football Club Supporters Society changed the Bury FC club name to CCFB Realisations 2022 ltd does not remove it from administration.
That the FA will not permit the use of the name Bury FC for any new club formed by Bury Football Club Supporters Society, because Bury FC is in administration
And there is only one football team with an FA membership and league placing, called Bury AFC
There will be no football team called Bury FC playing at Gigg Lane next season
When you check your information and find i am not a liar, i look forward to your apology, if you are big enough to admit your misunderstandings
To state my position, i am an ordinary Bury FC fan since January 1961

Last edited:
Been trying not to get involved in this, but Gt Shaker hasn't lied to us, while you guys were sitting in chairs waiting on something to happen he and others immediately started on the fan based afc set up.
It may be in the lower leagues, but that's where they had to start, it immediately gave football fans who previously followed the old bury fc the chance to watch a team in their colours again, they worked hard with cameras covering the games for a subscription, its a proper run club run for fans by fans, a lot of people put in hard work to make it happen and in the first attempt winning promotion, personally I think they've been tremendous and also the job they do seems very honest keeping the fans involved at all times.
With all due respect to one of your comments its not up to bury afc to build bridges with this other work in progress club, they have raised more than enough to fund afc along with the help of our fanbase, which I'm proud to say have been magnificent as usual, I've been a member of the Bury forum and some of the hatred towards afc fans has been incredible, I'd be very wary if I was in their shoes as they are already successful in getting the membership and promotion.
Many thanks for your support Billy, it is truly appreciated.
Incredibly, the best record of everything that has gone on is captured from page 1 on this thread.
I only try and put the evidence, for others to decide.
Thanks again for the tremendous support from you GERS

We've got a couple of recent posts here telling us that Bury FC has been brought out of administration, that they own Gigg Lane and are free from Steve Dale to continue on as Bury FC.

Which begs the question, why aren't they just getting on with applying to join the league and get a playing squad together?

If everything is hunky-dory and all above board, why are there even meetings with AFC when Bury FC are apparently fine to just get on with it?

We've got a couple of recent posts here telling us that Bury FC has been brought out of administration, that they own Gigg Lane and are free from Steve Dale to continue on as Bury FC.

Which begs the question, why aren't they just getting on with applying to join the league and get a playing squad together?

If everything is hunky-dory and all above board, why are there even meetings with AFC when Bury FC are apparently fine to just get on with it?
Because as we all know they are lying
Apparently the 5 company setup will soon be 3 as 2 setup by MISTAKE

Peter Alexander, the USA business man born in Bury has stated he could not afford to buy Bury FC out of administration
EST have aquired Gigg Lane out of administration

Bury Football Club Supporters Society changed the name of Bury Football Club to CCFB Realisations 2022 ltd, but this has not released Bury FC from administration.

Steve dale still owns the 93% shares and there are other Bury FC fans own other shares. These were not part of any of the administration.

Because steve dale got Bury FC expelled from the EFL and lost the FA membership, a new membership is required. The FA will not allow any new club formed by EST/ BFCSS to be called Bury FC because Bury FC is still in administration, even tho now called CCFB.

This is how it is, regardless of what they claim. This is why they can not form a football club called Bury FC

Back