Bury FC phoenix club

The same fans that had this banner against Blackpool? Nah, fuck them!

Karma has a way of biting you.

Hi Bill. I've noticed you're from and/or live in Blackpool. So I can fully understand your annoyance. Oyston = Scum. On behalf of the vast majority of Bury fans, can I apologise for a few teenage numbnuts.

If you're old enough, you'll remember 1985, when Blackpool fans rioted and smashed our ground and town up, including stabbing several Bury fans and generally, giving us a good kicking.

Things like that get passed down the generations, not right but it is what it is. However, once again, please accept my apologies on behalf of Bury FC and Bury AFC.

The Muckers are a football hooligan firm linked to Blackpool FC

The following month, 3,000 Blackpool fans went to a match at Bury. Again, what seemed like another carefully planned attack took place. “An orgy of violence, theft and destruction” reported the Blackpool Evening Gazette. After Bury had scored a goal, Blackpool fans at one side stand started to wreck the stand, which received extensive damage whilst another group of Blackpool (Rammy Arms Crew) fans behind one goal also started to riot. All to chants of “Smash it up, smash it up, smash it up”. Pieces of the Stand were thrown onto the pitch and yet another referee had to take the players off the pitch. A brick wall was demolished and pushed onto parked cars as the Police held the Blackpool fans in the ground after the match. 64 Blackpool fans were arrested and 5 Police Officers hurt. Yet another Disciplinary inquiry was instigated.

You could pick shit like that out from every team's fans in the whole of the UK.
Here's what you need to grasp. Don't let a few fans define your whole support.

You should know better than that after the bottle throwing ned at the Leverkusen game.
It wasn't so long ago the dickheads in our support had a banner that could have had us playing European football in an empty Ibrox!

It's a tad childish to blame an entire support for a wee banner like that, unless it's the filth because every one of them are wired up the same.

Apologies also for that banner. As R11 says it was just a handful of idiots remembering the day we got kicked around the town by a large group of Blackpool hooligans. No excuse though. 99% of us are genuine football fans and are extremely grateful for any donations for a new start. We won't be playing at Gigg Lane initially but hope to get back there one day ! Thank you from the bottom of all our hearts. UTS and WATP

Apologies also for that banner. As R11 says it was just a handful of idiots remembering the day we got kicked around the town by a large group of Blackpool hooligans. No excuse though. 99% of us are genuine football fans and are extremely grateful for any donations for a new start. We won't be playing at Gigg Lane initially but hope to get back there one day ! Thank you from the bottom of all our hearts. UTS and WATP
You've apologized for a few idiots,we all have a few in our support, the guy from Blackpool has made it clear he won't be helping, that's up to him.
The rest of this thread is full of Bears wanting to help you a lot with memberships and donations, some who are also wanting to wish you well, so hopefully these posters get down for a game and a few beers ,

Bury boys in London, before a game v Charlton (3 years ago) won 1-0 too.

RIP LEE RIGBY, LEST WE FORGET

59cadccb08087_BuryFCLeeRigbyFlag.jpg.c81783e4a8aacb16719d4a3ecbe4c980.jpg

Hey Bears. Another Bury fan here. I’m also on the Facebook page and put out a request for help for tickets a few months ago. Anyway, we got to the Livingston game that was put back 24 hrs due to storm Dennis. Had a great night out at Oswalds and The Bristol, met loads of fans and every one of you were so welcoming and supportive. I was also on The Gers TV a couple of days later with Sie & Sandra. I’m hoping to be on there again in the next few weeks with some exciting news.

Anyway, what can I say but thanks to everyone for all their support and sign ups to Bury AFC. As supporters, you are without doubt the best I have ever come across. There will be more to come between our two clubs in the next couple of weeks, and I hope we get the support you have shown so far. Hopefully a real affiliation can be formed between the two clubs.

UTS, WATP.

Hey Bears. Another Bury fan here. I’m also on the Facebook page and put out a request for help for tickets a few months ago. Anyway, we got to the Livingston game that was put back 24 hrs due to storm Dennis. Had a great night out at Oswalds and The Bristol, met loads of fans and every one of you were so welcoming and supportive. I was also on The Gers TV a couple of days later with Sie & Sandra. I’m hoping to be on there again in the next few weeks with some exciting news.

Anyway, what can I say but thanks to everyone for all their support and sign ups to Bury AFC. As supporters, you are without doubt the best I have ever come across. There will be more to come between our two clubs in the next couple of weeks, and I hope we get the support you have shown so far. Hopefully a real affiliation can be formed between the two clubs.

UTS, WATP.
Had seen this on the link you posted on the Bury board, wasn't the best weekend games wise, but glad you had a good time in the Bristol etc.

Hello Bears, lifelong Shaker here.
My first ever Bury game was in May 1993, aged just five years of age with my older brother and Grandad, it was the final game of the season and we lost 2-1 at home to Crewe. A week or so later we faced York City in the playoff semi final, a tie we would end up losing 1-0 over 2 legs.
Whilst on holiday in Wales during May half term I still remember watching the news story covering Rangers Scottish Cup final victory over Aberdeen, and the victory securing a domestic treble. Since then I always routed for Rangers in the SPL. Funnily enough I was in Wales again in Springbank 99 when Rod Wallace secured Rangers their next domestic treble.
I still remember those epic titanic title victories under McLeish, both won on the final day. Delighted as I was for Rangers I was also delighted to see the smug, arrogance of Celtic's 'biggest club in the world' fans put on its arse.
That treble under McLeish in 2003 also came as I left secondary school, a place I hated. In the same season a cash strapped Bury, just out of admin the previous summer made the league two playoffs. I followed Rangers Scottish LC progress very avidly on Channel Five that season, every Thursday night. A 3-2 win at Hibs stands out in my mind as does the 2-1 League Cup Final victory over Celtic.
I also recall Celtic's UEFA Cup run getting on my nerves that year. I watched the final in a bar at the Health club I was member of back then, I was the only one cheering when Porto scored the winner.

Anyway, Bury have always been the life and soul of my life. Financial struggles have never been far away (something Stewart Day's supporters used to use to defend him as he blatantly destroyed our football club before our very eyes). I remember 2002 when we were in administration and very nearly went to the wall, I was in year 10 at secondary school and the point of ridicule off many, many faces, mainly armchair United and City fans, I found myself in tears over the matter very often.
Going further back though, I remember as a child waking up on a Saturday and getting the instant buzz that I was going to Gigg Lane that day. I recall the cold nip of a Winter's afternoon as my toes felt like icecles, and only the scalding heat of my Grandad's flask of Coffee warming me up. Then there was the heat and excitement of August, turning up at the turnstiles, brimming with confidence and clad in the new Bury kit. Instead of coffee, ice pops.
Weather, conditions, clothing, it didn't matter, as long as I was there. Even now I can still capture the warm glow of the matchday feeling inside me, it was something I have always wanted my kids to live through.

So Stewart Day and Glenn Thomas. Christ I could write a novel on these two lying scumbags and it would not begin to cover what they did, the lies they told, the crap and excuses they gave for their actions. Not only have they destroyed a club and its history, they have destroyed people's lives. My fellow Shakers post above regarding the car park scheme and Capital Bridge, well believe me, it isn't even touching the surface on the things they did. But from the moment they came lying into town it had a huge effect on me and many other Bury fans. I couldn't actually enjoy supporting my club, not properly when I was well aware those crooks were pissing the club up the wall.
If you want me to summarise what level of scum Stewart Day is though, then take this in. He left the club in a mountain of debt, with a host of legal issues, no longer genuinely owning our own ground and in the hands of a dangerous, lying sociopath (current 'chairman' Steve Dale). Yet he still had the audacity to go on local radio and claim he'd left us in a stronger position than what he found us in and lied about writing off the debts. Before vanishing off the scene. Unbelievable!

The worst thing in all this is the fact I became a parent when my daughter was born in March, just as all this crap was kicking off. For all the pleasure and happiness it has brought, I have not been able to fully enjoy or embrace parenthood in the last year with this hanging over me.
I could write a new essay on the lying scum at the EFL or how our local newspaper fucked us over recently, but I have probably bored you all enough.

All I can do is end by saying thanks, from the bottom of my heart, the support your fans have shown through all of this has been off the scale. If a friendly can be organised between our clubs, even if it is just a Rangers Reserve team and you bring a 100 fans on a coach, then great I would love to share a beer with you all and regail on some great stories following your great club.

Up the Shakers and up the Gers

To all those Bury fans l
My first ever Bury game was in May 1993, aged just five years of age with my older brother and Grandad, it was the final game of the season and we lost 2-1 at home to Crewe. A week or so later we faced York City in the playoff semi final, a tie we would end up losing 1-0 over 2 legs.
Whilst on holiday in Wales during May half term I still remember watching the news story covering Rangers Scottish Cup final victory over Aberdeen, and the victory securing a domestic treble. Since then I always routed for Rangers in the SPL. Funnily enough I was in Wales again in Springbank 99 when Rod Wallace secured Rangers their next domestic treble.
I still remember those epic titanic title victories under McLeish, both won on the final day. Delighted as I was for Rangers I was also delighted to see the smug, arrogance of Celtic's 'biggest club in the world' fans put on its arse.
That treble under McLeish in 2003 also came as I left secondary school, a place I hated. In the same season a cash strapped Bury, just out of admin the previous summer made the league two playoffs. I followed Rangers Scottish LC progress very avidly on Channel Five that season, every Thursday night. A 3-2 win at Hibs stands out in my mind as does the 2-1 League Cup Final victory over Celtic.
I also recall Celtic's UEFA Cup run getting on my nerves that year. I watched the final in a bar at the Health club I was member of back then, I was the only one cheering when Porto scored the winner.

Anyway, Bury have always been the life and soul of my life. Financial struggles have never been far away (something Stewart Day's supporters used to use to defend him as he blatantly destroyed our football club before our very eyes). I remember 2002 when we were in administration and very nearly went to the wall, I was in year 10 at secondary school and the point of ridicule off many, many faces, mainly armchair United and City fans, I found myself in tears over the matter very often.
Going further back though, I remember as a child waking up on a Saturday and getting the instant buzz that I was going to Gigg Lane that day. I recall the cold nip of a Winter's afternoon as my toes felt like icecles, and only the scalding heat of my Grandad's flask of Coffee warming me up. Then there was the heat and excitement of August, turning up at the turnstiles, brimming with confidence and clad in the new Bury kit. Instead of coffee, ice pops.
Weather, conditions, clothing, it didn't matter, as long as I was there. Even now I can still capture the warm glow of the matchday feeling inside me, it was something I have always wanted my kids to live through.

So Stewart Day and Glenn Thomas. Christ I could write a novel on these two lying scumbags and it would not begin to cover what they did, the lies they told, the crap and excuses they gave for their actions. Not only have they destroyed a club and its history, they have destroyed people's lives. My fellow Shakers post above regarding the car park scheme and Capital Bridge, well believe me, it isn't even touching the surface on the things they did. But from the moment they came lying into town it had a huge effect on me and many other Bury fans. I couldn't actually enjoy supporting my club, not properly when I was well aware those crooks were pissing the club up the wall.
If you want me to summarise what level of scum Stewart Day is though, then take this in. He left the club in a mountain of debt, with a host of legal issues, no longer genuinely owning our own ground and in the hands of a dangerous, lying sociopath (current 'chairman' Steve Dale). Yet he still had the audacity to go on local radio and claim he'd left us in a stronger position than what he found us in and lied about writing off the debts. Before vanishing off the scene. Unbelievable!

The worst thing in all this is the fact I became a parent when my daughter was born in March, just as all this crap was kicking off. For all the pleasure and happiness it has brought, I have not been able to fully enjoy or embrace parenthood in the last year with this hanging over me.
I could write a new essay on the lying scum at the EFL or how our local newspaper fucked us over recently, but I have probably bored you all enough.

All I can do is end by saying thanks, from the bottom of my heart, the support your fans have shown through all of this has been off the scale. If a friendly can be organised between our clubs, even if it is just a Rangers Reserve team and you bring a 100 fans on a coach, then great I would love to share a beer with you all and regail on some great stories following your great club.

Think the title sceptic gave themselves was greatest fans in the world, which is true, because they have the ability to disguise themselves as empty green seats, they're 2cd best in size and it annoys them a tad , hoping everything will now take off for you guys

And another for our MB. :))

I don't know how you guys keep up on here...it's like a full time job.

One of the benefits of only having 3000 supporters, instead of 3 million!

Edit: Bloody hell. I've just googled how many fans Rangers have worldwide and it's come up 20 million!!! It's on wiki so...?! But is that really true? No idea if the link will work but it's there in massive numbers and letters! Mental if true and can we borrow some?!

Looks like you already have mate ;)

Our song below...thought you Bears might like to listen (buy?!) and read the words (feel free to change some to fit in with Rangers...I'd love to watch Ibrox rocking to it):

https://suavemartyrs.bandcamp.com/releases (Suave Martyrs are a band of Bury fans btw)

LYRICS TO WHITE AND BLUE:

We know who we are,
We know what will be.
And we'll travel far and wide,
Up the length and breadth of this country.

Cause we've had the best of times.
And some of the worst.
My Dad, taught me,
When I was young,
Why you'll always be the very first.

Son take my hand,
Come walk with me,
I'm taking you,
To watch Bury.

A right by birth,
Blessed upon you.
Come rain or shine.
You're white and blue.

It's more than just a club.
It's more than anything.
It's more than the crowd and the passion,
Or feeling all your senses sing.

And we'll pass it down the line,
To our kids as well.
And they can pass onto theirs,
That the soul of the club,
We won't sell.

Son take my hand,
Come walk with me,
I'm taking you,
To watch Bury.

A right by birth,
Blessed upon you.
Come rain or shine.
You're white and blue.

Son take my hand,
Come walk with me,
I'm taking you,
To watch Bury.

A right by birth,
Blessed upon you.
Come rain or shine.
You're white and blue.

Hi guys and gals?. Bury fan finally signed on here. Firstly, thanks to admins for approving me. I'll explain my name shortly. I wanted to say a huge, in fact a gynormous thanks to every one of you who are supporting our plight. It really is encouraging to know that, not only are we not alone, but have so many backers from so far away and from such a famous club. I have to say that since the age of around 13 (1960) Killy had always been my favouritte Scotish team, I won't explain the reason as it'll take too long. I have now, for obvious reasons switched allegiance and relegated them to no. 2. :) No need to attempt to explain our situation as most of you are aware, and as fully clued up as most of us. My first ever memory of a game at Gigg Lane was around 57/58 when 10/1 years old. 33,000 in the ground and I, along with many other little 'uns, were lifted from the front of the squash onto the edge of the pitch. My name comes from the first goalie we had that I remember, Frank Adams who, I found out a few years ago, went back to his trade as a welder when he retired from the game, a trade from which I retired from a few years ag now. Anyway, the image of him running out in his green top and a ratter on his head has remained for all those years. If you come on our MB, although I believe it's not possible at the moment, my user name is still running man, known as Ian. A very, very good friend of R11BFC. I've said enough now only to reiterate my sincere thanks for you encouragement in what has definitely been the darkest hour(s) of BuryFC.

Think we would bring a lot more than 100 fans mate,a friendly would be a good day out.

That's me signed-up as a member, I look forward to taking an interest in the safeguarding of football in Bury going forward.

I like what community focussed clubs are all about, especially when it's done properly and it provides a welcome antidote to the circus that is top level football, a lot of the time.

I remember reading the Guardian articles especially, last year and could empathise, given what we had gone through a few years ago.

No love in required or anything like that, just a sense of solidarity from a like minded football person to several others.

Last edited:
That's me signed-up as a member, I look forward to taking an interest in the safeguarding of football in Bury going forward.

I like what community focussed clubs are all about, expecially when its done properly and it provides a welcome antidote to the circus that is top level football, a lot of the time.

I remember reading the Guardian articles especially, last year and could empathise, given what we had gone through a few years ago.

No love in required or anything like that, just a sense of solidarity from a football person to several others.
Good post, echoed

The latest twist in the Bury FC saga
SD2 the chairman who doesnt like football and had no intention of running a football club, claims he has submitted a team to play next season.
He removed the football from Bury Football Club.
As with the last teams he did not pay their wages, so why would anyone trust him ever

Th
I got mine as well. Its great to see Bears getting behind the Bury journey :D
Thank you and all your fellow Gers. We’ve had nothing but lies and deceit from our owners for more years than I care to remember. But this thread, and the heartfelt support you have provided to us in both thought and deed has given me back my faith in football and those who understand that supporting your club, your team is in the blood.
As a kid I could easily have gone to a Old Trafford or Maine Road, but I didn’t, because they weren’t my blood, like they hadn’t been my fathers or my grandfathers.
Not something many of of today’s “supporters“ of the “Greed is good League” appreciate.
Thank you for making me believe in the beautiful game once again, and to realise there are still real supporter.
Up the Shakers!, Up the Gers!

Couple of questions for the Bury fans on here:
1) Have you been able to watch football this season, or has it been too difficult with what happened to your club? Asking because I’m unsure how I’d feel about watching a match, knowing that Rangers had been taken away from me and could no longer compete in a competition. I’d genuinely probably find another hobby, like shopping with the missus! *shudder*

2) I read that you had some loyal non-playing members of staff (one woman had worked for the club for over 40 years I’m sure). Are these people behind the Phoenix club idea, or are there any plans to get them involved?

All the best to you all!

Couple of questions for the Bury fans on here:
1) Have you been able to watch football this season, or has it been too difficult with what happened to your club? Asking because I’m unsure how I’d feel about watching a match, knowing that Rangers had been taken away from me and could no longer compete in a competition. I’d genuinely probably find another hobby, like shopping with the missus! *shudder*

2) I read that you had some loyal non-playing members of staff (one woman had worked for the club for over 40 years I’m sure). Are these people behind the Phoenix club idea, or are there any plans to get them involved?

All the best to you all!
I'd have been the same, no Rangers no football for me, I'd probably have had an occasional look at English results, but Scottish football would have been dead to me

Back