Bury FC phoenix club

Bury Market: Established in 1444. Wow.

logo.png

Donation made, all the very best to the Bury lads and of course it will be a Rangers win.
Southall rolls the ball out to Lee Dixon, makes it look easy with time to spare, Dixon finds McDermott who plays a swift one two with Colin Bell, McDermott from the edge of the penalty area opens up and fires in an unstoppable shot for any keeper let alone a Scottish keeper who had no chance. What a goal, no Rangers player got near.
I can see it now

Southall rolls the ball out to Lee Dixon, makes it look easy with time to spare, Dixon finds McDermott who plays a swift one two with Colin Bell, McDermott from the edge of the penalty area opens up and fires in an unstoppable shot for any keeper let alone a Scottish keeper who had no chance. What a goal, no Rangers player got near.
I can see it now
That Old Speckled Hen worked wonders!!
You Rangers fans are brilliant, but you are going to need to select some exceptional players to get close

That Old Speckled Hen worked wonders!!
You Rangers fans are brilliant, but you are going to need to select some exceptional players to get close
Did you know that Bury won the FA Cup 6-0, the record winning score in an FA Cup final
And Bury didnt concede a goal in any round.

Bury are the only team to have scored 1000 goals in each of the four English divisions

Too right. ;)

Neville Southall - once the world's number one goalkeeper.

Lee Dixon - Arsenal's best ever right back.

Colin Bell - England's finest ever midfielder.

And that's before I get onto Graeme Souness' lookalike!

Be afraid you Bears, be very afraid...!!!

Terry McDermott and Graeme Souness looked like twins
And we had our very own Keith Kennedy who could have been the triplet

The Lancashire Fusiliers have a history as a football club as well as their association to Bury FC. The 1st Battalion competed in the Irish Football League over the 1892-93 season whilst deployed out of the Victoria Barracks, Belfast. They finished 3rd behind Linfield & Ulster, ;) winning 11 of their 15 games – scoring 56 goals in the process.

The below image was also discovered on Lancashire Fusiliers History page, showing the 2nd Battalion, in regimental colours, taking part in a football competition in Peshawar (year unknown):

img015.jpg

Donation made, all the very best to the Bury lads and of course it will be a Rangers win.
Well done with your prediction, and well done to the Rangers Legends for winning the Lee Rigby Memorial Trophy.
We now know what virtual gaming is and it was good fun
As a Bury fan, I just want to thank all of you Rangers fans for all of the support you have given to us fans.
Our club has been taken off us by an asset stripper whose last 50 companies have been liquidated, he had never heard of Bury FC and doesnt like football, and he bought Bury FC for £1 when no one knew it was for sale from the previous crooked chairman who racked up debts against our ground Gigg Lane with unbelieveable interest rates and tied in to unregulated financial companies linked to overseas havens such as Malta and the British Virgin Islands. These many companies are all now in administration, and the money gone. No chance of football.
So over 300 Bury fans have together formed Bury AFC and Bury will have a team in the bottom of the league pyramid, but it is a fan based club. We have a glimmer of hope now.
So your Rangers support has been second to none and THANK YOU

Well done with your prediction, and well done to the Rangers Legends for winning the Lee Rigby Memorial Trophy.
As a Bury fan, I just want to thank all of you Rangers fans for all of the support you have given to us fans.
Our club has been taken off us by an asset stripper whose last 50 companies have been liquidated, he had never heard of Bury FC and doesnt like football, and he bought Bury FC for £1 when no one knew it was for sale from the previous crooked chairman who racked up debts against our ground Gigg Lane with unbelieveable interest rates and tied in to unregulated financial companies linked to overseas havens such as Malta and the British Virgin Islands. These many companies are all now in administration, and the money gone. No chance of football.
So over 300 Bury fans have together formed Bury AFC and Bury will have a team in the bottom of the league pyramid, but it is a fan based club. We have a glimmer of hope now.
Hi Rangers fans
Just a brief update as it could be confusing.

The Bury fans Phoenix club, Bury AFC, are progressing and have been accepted in the bottom tier of the football league, are now looking for a manager as reported in the Bury Times.
BURY AFC have whittled their managerial hunt down to a final shortlist of eight.

In all, the Shakers’ phoenix club had more than 700 applications for the vacant post, 100 with relevant experience.

The asset stripping chairman dale is also trying to get a place in the football league for Bury FC, which he still continues to own even though there are no staff, he lost two teams and a youth academy through none payment to anyone or anything. His application has been rejected but he has a few days to provide better answers apparently.

So now we wait to see
This is a crunch point

Good Luck Rangers for the coming season

lol change from your thread that was chopped calling the amount raised pathetic.
Whilst i did not post that, the frustration was also with Bury fans. It was a wrong choice of word, more a plea that it could be better for the three worthy causes, the Lee Rigby Foundation, the Rangers Community Charity and the Shakers Community Charity.
At the time the sponsorship was about £1k and the energy and effort for the Virtual Legends Rangers v Bury had been massive and deserved more. It was aso a gaming 'first' so i hope more can come of it.
Anyway we as a collective group for the three charities raised over £3200 so it was worth the effort.
Otherwise it was looking like we could only afford a windscreen wiper for the caravans the Lee Rigby Foundation are trying to supply
So, sorry it appeared rude, but it was meant in a good way, and as a Bury fan, i can honestly say that the greatest support of our sad situation has come from you Rangers fans. Rangers are by far the best fans in the UK.
There have been other good fans, Portsmouth, Sunderland, Brighton, Exeter City, Leyton Orient, Rotherham, Crystal Palace, Chester and apologies to the others i have missed off, but Rangers fans have been truly awesome and we are forever grateful. Cheers. Graeme Taylor

Whilst i did not post that, the frustration was also with Bury fans. It was a wrong choice of word, more a plea that it could be better for the three worthy causes, the Lee Rigby Foundation, the Rangers Community Charity and the Shakers Community Charity.
At the time the sponsorship was about £1k and the energy and effort for the Virtual Legends Rangers v Bury had been massive and deserved more. It was aso a gaming 'first' so i hope more can come of it.
Anyway we as a collective group for the three charities raised over £3200 so it was worth the effort.
Otherwise it was looking like we could only afford a windscreen wiper for the caravans the Lee Rigby Foundation are trying to supply
So, sorry it appeared rude, but it was meant in a good way, and as a Bury fan, i can honestly say that the greatest support of our sad situation has come from you Rangers fans. Rangers are by far the best fans in the UK.
There have been other good fans, Portsmouth, Sunderland, Brighton, Exeter City, Leyton Orient, Rotherham, Crystal Palace, Chester and apologies to the others i have missed off, but Rangers fans have been truly awesome and we are forever grateful. Cheers. Graeme Taylor
I should have included Accrington Stanley and Plymouth Argyle on the list

Hot off the press

BURY AFC have been placed in the North West Counties Division 1 North

OK we are at the bottom of the football pyramid, but at least we have a fan based ownership team (plenty of you brilliant Rangers fans in there) and after the worst possible year of no football team we can begin to climb the mountain again.

Hot off the press

OK we are at the bottom of the football pyramid, but at least we have a fan based ownership team (plenty of you brilliant Rangers fans in there) and after the worst possible year of no football team we can begin to climb the mountain again.

That's brilliant news. Enjoy climbing back up the leagues Bury AFC.

Hot off the press

How many leagues do you have to get promoted from to get to the football league?

Plenty good teams in the pyramid and other have come back through this way. Chester, Darlington and Scarborough still trying to climb. Look forward to attending a game and you may end up at Buxton soon enough.

I've been involved with football at this level and it's passionate and well run by proper football people. It gave me my love back of football after all the nonsense and back stabbing in Scotland. Enjoy the ride and getting your club back.

Plenty good teams in the pyramid and other have come back through this way. Chester, Darlington and Scarborough still trying to climb. Look forward to attending a game and you may end up at Buxton soon enough.

I've been involved with football at this level and it's passionate and well run by proper football people. It gave me my love back of football after all the nonsense and back stabbing in Scotland. Enjoy the ride and getting your club back.
That love of football is what was stolen from us Bury fans
You have some understanding of this when you were treated appallingly, but when your team is gone completely the love of football vanishes

Thanks for all the goodwill messages. You Gers have been amazing in your support for us. The hard work starts now, appoint a manager, assemble a team, sell season tickets etc etc. You will all be welcome should any of you choose to take in a game. I will definitely be back at Ibrox this season, so see you all in Oswalds and The Bristol.

Living in Scotland I'm not surprised by your openness to a tiny English team. When out and about in Dalry and Castle Douglas (as well as Stranrea and Dumfries) the number of friendly comments on the Bury shirt has been heartwarming. Rangers fans are superb and many thanks, any of you that get to a home match, head to the Rose and Crown with a team shirt on and you are guaranteed a very friendly welcome.

Living in Scotland I'm not surprised by your openness to a tiny English team. When out and about in Dalry and Castle Douglas (as well as Stranrea and Dumfries) the number of friendly comments on the Bury shirt has been heartwarming. Rangers fans are superb and many thanks, any of you that get to a home match, head to the Rose and Crown with a team shirt on and you are guaranteed a very friendly welcome.
Now that you mention it, I did wonder when I saw someone wandering around CD with a Bury Shirt on :)) .

Interesting to read the MOTD Facebook post about this, lots of positive comments about hoping they get back up the leagues quicker.

Its always pleasing to see football communities helping one another, especially when you cast it against the absolute, pig headed, self harming vitriol that we were subjected to.

its still amazing how much self harm other clubs put them through to get one over on us.

Bury AFC have appointed Andy Welsh as Manager. I have heard he was a Scotland u19. The process is moving on
https://buryafc.uk/2020/07/bury-afc...zZcbZdW9tnR3jxWR_XbtQNV0HFs-pCGgGngDYHELFLYSM
Had seen this on the net, don't know anything about him, but he's came through a awful lot of candidates,so must have been impressed with his interview, hopefully he can do a good Job.
Think he's had non league experience,is that right.. Edit just read the link and he's managed in that league.
The FC Blackpool game could be a day out

Back