Bury FC phoenix club

R11 BFC

Does BuryAFC not have any sympathy from any of the two big clubs in Manchester.
Hardly anything (including Bury FC)...okay bits and pieces, here and there but as said, hardly anything.

The support we've received from Glasgow Rangers has been ten times more and I'm talking about both the Manchester clubs together.

I'm led to believe Gary Neville is helping on a free consultancy basis but given it was his Dad's (RIP Big Nev) decision, to recommend our original conman Chairman (a property developer from our rival county of Yorkshire, with no connection to Bury)...the least he could do tbh.

Hopefully, that's not come across as talking ill of the dead, as it's just the plain and simple truth.

R11 BFC

@acousticblue

This is the post on Bury's MB:

Found this little number down at Gigg yesterday, amongst other items. Respect:

(Then 3 photos)

I've also sent you a PM:

Hi mate...these are the photos mentioned, in the link below (just click on my user name). So easy to post on here but on Follow Follow it's like you need an IT degree!

Link won't work of course...coz we're in MB lockdown. FFS. But I'll try anyway:

https://www.shakers20.co.uk/index.p...ow-follow/page/4/&tab=comments#comment-753856

I'll also try the photos again. They give me an image address, once posted on our MB but not before...so not sure why they're not working on here tbh.

Right...I can see them as clear as fookin' day! Even when I press preview...they're still there. But would appear when I press send...they disappear. Wtf?! HELP!!!

I still love that little Rangers shirt...it's special, very special:

R11 BFC

Hows it going Bury lads?

Im a wee bit disappointed that the turquoise and purple zig zags has been elimated in the away kit vote, I had my heart set on that one!

What's your take on the White/Navy / White/Royal question for the home shirt?
Haha. I know you're jesting. But just in case...I'm not!!!

It's fairly quiet at the moment tbh, although we've got the 'Away Kit World Cup Final' vote over the weekend - see below. And then we'll be voting for our Board of Directors early June.

Oh...and don't get me onto royal or navy blue shorts! Long story cut short, our original colours were sky blue and choc brown. So I'm a big fan of those colours, as many are (and also for our former club legend (Ryan Lowe) scoring against Rochfail live on Sky TV) and why they're in the away kit final but the Maroon kit is also famous for our former club legend scoring the winning goal at Chesterfield to clinch promotion! See below.

Anyway, back to royal or navy blue shorts? You'll see on the historical kits link below, we fairly quickly went to white shirts and navy blue shorts BUT in 1962...there was a cock up on the order form, would you believe and royal blue shorts turned up. True story. Ground was painted in royal blue though and we kept...so a great romantic story for me. We've been White and Royal Blue ever since, with the odd flirtation with navy. But the oldies like navy and the youngies on Facebook also like navy for some reason. We had a vote last year and navy won...but I know the kids were voting on every possible device available(!)...whereas now, it'll be strictly members only voting, so hopefully Royal Blue will prevail...especially if we get our ground back - as all the seats are Royal Blue!!!

Thanks for asking mate, it means a lot to us.

Andy

CLICK HERE: For Bury FC Historical Kits

Ryan Lowe scoring the winner v Fail at Gigg Lane:

Ryan Lowe scoring the promotion goal v Chesterfield away:

AWAY KIT WORLD CUP FINAL:

As one of the “oldies”, I’m happy to tie my colours to the mast as it were and I’ll be voting for navy and white.
I can understand that a few are saying it’s similar to Notlob and PNE etc, but who cares.
I started watching my home town club in the late 50’s with my Dad and those were our colours.
Personally, I’d like to get back to basics, a white shirt, no bits of blue stuck here and there just white, with navy shorts with a white stripe down each side, and navy socks with two white bands round the top.
it’s a shame that non of the blue shirts for the away options got through. We could have had a royal blue shirt with white shorts which I think would have kept everyone happy.
if you look through the historic kits, we once had red and white stripes with navy shorts. Apparently, at the time, striped shirts were much more expensive to manufacture and therefore buy, and, as has often been the case with Bury, we were strapped for cash, so as a cost cutting exercise we went for the plain white.
Anyway, be it royal or navy, both good names in my view, I’ll be there watching the new mighty Shakers starting out again.

Flashman

At the minute the current world pandemic is causing me to wonder when I will see some football again.

Ps can I ask any of you reading this which Helicopter Sunday was your favourite?

If I was to pick myself I'd say 2005, but both were remarkable finalies.

GTshaker1903

Hows it going Bury lads?

Im a wee bit disappointed that the turquoise and purple zig zags has been elimated in the away kit vote, I had my heart set on that one!

What's your take on the White/Navy / White/Royal question for the home shirt?

Thanks for asking
Football without your football club is soul destroying.
I lost all interest in football initially.
However, the amazing thing that has happened is within our fan base are incredible people with all range of skills and talents, and over 300 have stepped forward to create the basis of a new fan based Bury AFC to ensure there is a Bury team in the football pyramid next season and with the dream that Bury FC and our ground Gigg Lane can be rescued from the clutches of the current Asset stripping chairman, the despicable dale. Incredibly there are some who still believe every word dale says.

As for the football kit, inexplicably the best colour royal blue, and other sensible colours such as black etc were not chosen in the battles leaving the last crop. I had to choose the green and purple and put the kiss of death on it.
I am a Royal Blue fan as that has been our colours since 1962, mainly, and my first scarf is royal blue and white.
Navy blue changes us to bolton wanderers (washing my mouth out) and pne colours.
Just not right
And Royal blue and white was the colour of Gigg Lane

So i am now hoping for the maroon kit and Royal Blue win

Rangers are my favourite team in Scotland and onwards and upwards

Cheers

GTshaker1903

Hardly anything (including Bury FC)...okay bits and pieces, here and there but as said, hardly anything.

The support we've received from Glasgow Rangers has been ten times more and I'm talking about both the Manchester clubs together.

I'm led to believe Gary Neville is helping on a free consultancy basis but given it was his Dad's (RIP Big Nev) decision, to recommend our original conman Chairman (a property developer from our rival county of Yorkshire, with no connection to Bury)...the least he could do tbh.

Hopefully, that's not come across as talking ill of the dead, as it's just the plain and simple truth.
Glasgow Rangers support for Bury AFC has been outstanding from every other club in the land
I cant thank you enough as it means so much

Some other teams have given notable support, Portsmouth, Brighton, Plymouth, Crystal Palace, Leyton Orient, Chester, Sunderland, Rotherham Utd, and more local Accrington Stanley and even our rivals Bolton Wanderers.
There are others too that i have missed, apologies to them, but overall that is it.
So thanks to them too.
But you Rangers fans are World Class
Thanks

GTshaker1903

Glasgow Rangers support for Bury AFC has been outstanding from every other club in the land

Some other teams have given notable support, Portsmouth, Brighton, Plymouth, Crystal Palace, Leyton Orient, Chester, Sunderland, Rotherham Utd, and more local Accrington Stanley and even our rivals Bolton Wanderers.
There are others too that i have missed, apologies to them, but overall that is it.
So thanks to them too.
Thanks
And Exeter City are helping with our elections, thanks to them too

acousticblue

So thanks to them too.
Thanks
I would like to think about 99.9% of our fans (no matter if they haven't contributed financially)would wish you to succeed and regain your rightful place in football, unfortunately due to the uncertainty with covid19 its probably not been the best time for funding, but we hope we've helped.
You have a great set of fans so would imagine that you are now going to flourish.
Ps not being biased but royal blue and white would have been my choice, not biased at all

GTshaker1903

So thanks to them too.
Thanks
As well as Exeter City helping us with our elections, i have been informed that both Manchester City and Everton Football Clubs offered significant assistance that under the rules of the game were not permitted. But still nice to know.

GTshaker1903

I've stayed well clear of the voting process. Leave it to the Bury fans.
Image the winning kit was decided by one vote and me, a Rangers fan had voted for it.

F uck it, where's the blue, white and red option? I'm in.
I think the Rangers fans would have made better choices than my fellow Bury fans, look at the final choice.
Anyway, thanks for being interested

umop_3plsdn

I've stayed well clear of the voting process. Leave it to the Bury fans.
Imagine the winning kit was decided by one vote and me, a Rangers fan had voted for it.

F uck it, where's the blue, white and red option? I'm in.
I voted, but I never thought of it in the way you put it shengo :confused: shit. Sorry if my vote scuppers it for any genuine shaker, I should’ve abstained.

ICM

Loving the replies lads.

BTW, I'm serious of the purple and turquoise zig zag...its not f**king green. :D

There will be a bus load of us Rangers lads down for your 1st or 2nd full home league game on your journey back....maybe even a direct Belfast-Manc flight for myself.

Football, pints and no bullshit. Count us in

R11 BFC

I abstained for home top as that should be down to the original Bury fans , but voted on away strip .
Just to clarify lads...the vote for the away kit was for the 2 distinct and different shirts.

The home vote...isn't for the shirt (that will always be white) but the colour of blue trim and crucially the shorts is causing us angst!!!

We want Royal Blue, you have Royal Blue and you are Royalists...so you know what to do. Fook me...I'm a poet! :))

The link below tells you all you need to know...deadline 3pm tomorrow (Sunday).

https://buryafc.uk/2020/05/blog-the-final-vote-faqs/

R11 BFC

Loving the replies lads.

BTW, I'm serious of the purple and turquoise zig zag...its not f**king green. :D

There will be a bus load of us Rangers lads down for your 1st or 2nd full home league game on your journey back....maybe even a direct Belfast-Manc flight for myself.

Football, pints and no bullshit. Count us in
And I/we
yours and others replies!!!

Thanks for the PM btw...which with your above post are now on our MB.

With a message to @acousticblue aka Billy Blue down south:

Billy Blue: 'Simply the Best' man!

Incredible, simply incredible...

WATP!!!

R11 BFC

Well you learn something everyday:

"For those wondering why Maroon and Gold were used in the first place...well here it is. Maroon and Gold were chosen as a nod to the town’s association with the Lancashire Fusiliers whose Garrison/HQ was at Wellington Barracks located in Bury."

Fair play and respect:

Welcome to XXth The Lancashire Fusiliers Website OMNIA AUDAX 1688–1968

Last edited:

AlfiesBarnet

Well you learn something everyday:

"For those wondering why Maroon and Gold were used in the first place...well here it is. Maroon and Gold were chosen as a nod to the town’s association with the Lancashire Fusiliers whose Garrison/HQ was at Wellington Barracks located in Bury."

Fair play and respect:

Welcome to XXth The Lancashire Fusiliers Website OMNIA AUDAX 1688–1968

Rule Britannia, you shakers! That is staunch as shit man. :))

The royal blue all makes sense now