Bury FC phoenix club

Bury 13/5 to win, Lancaster 3/4.

Odds to qualify, Bury 13/8 Lancaster 4/7.

I'm predicting 2-1. Gilboy with a late winner.

Bit short tonight the Dollies. I bought the stream earlier. Winners away to Clitheroe to get in last round round of qualifying, all 3 with a big opportunity here.

What a cock up 5-3!

Young lads celebrating took me back to when my local team where I went School drew 6 all with a side in the FA Cup, we equalised in extra time midweek with us all running on pitch for a pile on and making the local paper!

What a cock up 5-3!

Young lads celebrating took me back to when my local team where I went School drew 6 all with a side in the FA Cup, we equalised in extra time midweek with us all running on pitch for a pile on and making the local paper!
That was a great game, great goals, silly goals, great saves, goal line clearances.
Both teams attacking
Wonderful stuff

Wish Bury all the best , been to Gigg lane several times over the years but as a former Clitheroe resident and season ticket holder at Shawbridge it’s got to be a case of Cmon the Blues on October 1st

Wish Bury all the best , been to Gigg lane several times over the years but as a former Clitheroe resident and season ticket holder at Shawbridge it’s got to be a case of Cmon the Blues on October 1st
Hi Rick
Hoping the Clitheroe game is as exciting as the one last night

What a cock up 5-3!

Here are the highlights from the FA cup game

Tuesday night returns us to league action away at Kendal Town
This is a fixture that got postponed due to Bury drawing in the FA Cup and then requiring a replay
Just saying that i was up in Kendal for the original game and i had a very enjoyable week in the Lake District
I am hoping the game will be streamed this time as i am not able to get up for the game.

Tuesday night returns us to league action away at Kendal Town
This is a fixture that got postponed due to Bury drawing in the FA Cup and then requiring a replay
Just saying that i was up in Kendal for the original game and i had a very enjoyable week in the Lake District
I am hoping the game will be streamed this time as i am not able to get up for the game.

A clean sheet and a victory get us back on track with a 2 nil win in Kendal

Emails out regarding the merger for any members on here.

Voting will be happening fairly soon by the looks of it.
Rules and Policies Relating to Governance and the Merger Proposals

We can now provide members with a suite of documents for review which sets out how the amalgamated Community Benefit Society (CBS) will operate and manage some of the issues which have been discussed during the process.

It was important to agree the rules and side policies in advance of a vote so that members can see that some of the concerns that they had raised have been addressed.

In particular, there is a detailed Conflict of Interests Policy and enhanced levels of disclosure built into the Elections Policy which will be used for a full board election which will take place in 2023. The interim board will be formed from an equal number of existing Shakers Community and Bury FC Supporters’ Society board members who will be tasked with establishing the new society as quickly as possible and putting into motion the actions required to make the amalgamation a success. The key actions are summarized in a Terms of Reference for the Interim Board which will also be published. In the event of a locked board decision on any critical matter members will be asked to vote.

Both Shakers Community and Bury FC Supporters’ Society will continue to exist as legal entities during this interim period so please continue with your membership subscriptions as usual. The new CBS will be based on a subscription model of £5 per month or £60 per annum and we will simply credit any money paid into Shakers Society into the new CBS for membership and voting purposes until such time as we are ready for you to transfer your card or direct debit payments. Please do not cancel your payment until then as they are absolutely critical for the running of the club.

Please digest the documents and we will host an online Q&A session for members to explain next steps and take questions on them. After answering several hundred questions in writing already we felt it would be best to use the online Q&A at this point to address the latest paperwork. We will issue details on this shortly.

We have been working through the fine detail of the process for the vote, which has thrown up a number of procedural issues which have taken time to resolve. They are simply the product of a complicated legal process and the desire to achieve as much consistency as possible across Societies with two slightly different rules. It is important we get this right, but we are almost finished.

Following a very thorough due diligence exercise we are pleased to confirm that the current online voting system used for previous member votes has been approved for the forthcoming merger vote.

The system has been reviewed by the company who will act, subject to contract, as independent scrutineer for both societies. Shakers Community Society Limited made an amendment to its rules when it was authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority in 2020 which allows us to use an appropriate electronic voting system rather than paper ballots or show of hands at a physical event. This has allowed us to engage with a good number of members, especially during the pandemic. Familiarity with the system should improve voting numbers for the merger vote also.

Bury FC Supporters Society operate under older rules which do not allow electronic voting, and this has been one of the points of detail under recent discussion, but they will use the same independent scrutineers for consistency who will manage a ‘paper’ proxy voting process with forms which can be submitted by post or email.

For Shakers Community Society Limited, the independent scrutineer will hold administrator access to the system to observe all aspects of the vote. We will also be subject to an audit of our membership lists, as happens every year as part of our financial audit. This should give all parties comfort that the vote is conducted in accordance with the rules.

To ensure we use the most accurate membership data we will extract the membership lists directly from our payment service providers, Stripe and GoCardless, and then manually add anyone who has paid by cheque.

Whilst this will give us the most accurate list of current subscriptions, it is likely that some people will no longer be using the email address which they used when they set up their subscription with Stripe or GoCardless.

To ensure everyone has the opportunity to vote we will undertake the following:

We have stopped taking new membership subscriptions from today. Membership renewals will continue as normal. Anyone with existing subscriptions which fail temporarily after this point can still resolve the issue provided there is a legitimate reason e.g. a failure due to change of bank card or temporary problem with online banking systems.

We may issue a test email or vote purely for the purposes of allowing members to feed back if they did not receive the email, so that we can amend any data before the actual vote.

Voting will be left open for 21 days, which will allow anyone who has not received the vote form by email to contact us and we can address the problem.

A successful vote to amalgamate the two societies requires approval by at least two-thirds of the members who vote, from both societies.

The decision to return to Gigg Lane and to change the name of the club to Bury Football Club requires a simple majority of over 50%, but this is conditional on the resolution to amalgamate being approved by both societies.

Emails out regarding the merger for any members on here.

Voting will be happening fairly soon by the looks of it.
The strange thing is that only Bury AFC have issued the information.
The BFCSS group remain silent
Bury FC remains in administration (with the changed name of CCFB Realisations, made by the BFCSS group)

The strange thing is that only Bury AFC have issued the information.
The BFCSS group remain silent
Bury FC remains in administration (with the changed name of CCFB Realisations, made by the BFCSS group)
I'll need to check later and see if Dale's name is still about.

I'll need to check later and see if Dale's name is still about.
There are effectively three components in this saga

First - Bury FC is not bought out of administration and still exists in administration under the name CCFB Realisations (name altered by BFCSS)

Second - at the time of Bury FC being expelled from the EFL in 2019, Bury Football Club Supporters Society (BFCSS) (once called Forever Bury) held a meeting at Bury Town Hall, the only successful outcome where it was agreed that the Bury FC fans form a football team to meet the FA deadline date of January 2020, that team is Bury AFC, 100% fan owned

Third - in 2022 as a result of Bury FC being in administration, a group called EST have aquired the ground, Gigg Lane and they needed to use BFCSS Community Benefit Status to gain a govt grant of £1M

Then as usual the complications kick in.
The group that own the ground (BFCSS/EST) wont let the Bury FC fans team (Bury AFC) play at Gigg Lane

But the two groups both have Community Benefit Societies (CBS), and there is currently an ongoing process with an intended vote to decide to merge the two CBS

Both existing CBS have declared to support the merger with a Yes vote

However, the BFCSS Board really want to create their own new club, a third Bury club and are promoting a 'no' vote

If Bury AFC vote yes, but BFCSS vote no then BFCSS will have blocked Bury AFC from using Gigg Lane. BFCSS will try to form their club and Bury AFC will continue.

This is only a very brief outline of the madness that is happening

I know, it is crazy

Just like to put an alternative view forward. I'm a member of the Supporters Society. We don't want anything to do with AFC, they are known as the rats, they are as welcome as Celtic would be at Ibrox.
They are desperate to get their hands on Gigg Lane because to progress much further the need to have their own ground. The Supporters Society now have an FA number which means that we can apply for a league placing next season.

We therefore don't need AFC. This vote was supposed to happen at the beginning of August but lawyers have got involved ...and things have dragged on. at first it was 75% needed to amalgamate , now it's down to 67%. Time will tell, but there's a lot of bad feeling thanks to AFC's directors. Sad.

Just like to put an alternative view forward. I'm a member of the Supporters Society. We don't want anything to do with AFC, they are known as the rats, they are as welcome as Celtic would be at Ibrox.
They are desperate to get their hands on Gigg Lane because to progress much further the need to have their own ground. The Supporters Society now have an FA number which means that we can apply for a league placing next season.

We therefore don't need AFC. This vote was supposed to happen at the beginning of August but lawyers have got involved ...and things have dragged on. at first it was 75% needed to amalgamate , now it's down to 67%. Time will tell, but there's a lot of bad feeling thanks to AFC's directors. Sad.
You say all that, but on June 14th post number 1431 on this thread, I posted this in reply to you

"Absolute garbage.

I've shown that the FA have invited Bury FC to reapply to join the league set up in 2020 AFTER they admitted Bury AFC.

I've shown that in spite of claims that Bury FC have been saved/nothing to do with Dale the company incorporated in 1897 are still in administration and still have Dale as a director.

In post #1408, you use an article dated February 18th 2022 as proof that everything is fine, yet the latest filings with Companies House are from April 7th and again, show 2 of the 3 directors are named Dale with the company still in administration.

But, and I want to be perfectly clear on this, I am a Rangers fan. I got involved in this simply because I recognised the plight of Bury from my own bad experience and I just wanted to help with what little I could.
I am still 100% in favour of Bury FC playing at Gigg Lane if it can be achieved.

So please, show me how AFC directors have blocked Bury FC from admittance to the league, in fact show me that an application even existed.

I've supplied my proof of the FA rejection in 2020, complete with statement on the reasons why and the invitation to try again.

I'm open to being convinced, the floor is yours.
Surely the English FA have acknowledged the application or Bury FC have proof of its rejection?"

At that point, you opted to run away and only now return. You may describe others as rats, but you are the one who scurried for cover at the first sign of trouble.
So again, the floor is yours. Feel free to answer the post I have requoted.

And kindly, stop referring to others as rats, when it is your side injuring children with flares.

Administrators progress report was the last filing with Companies House, on June 28th 2022.
There are 3 current active officers.

Jill Neville.
Courtney Dale.
Steven Derek Dale.

It is strange how you ignore that Bury FC has not been bought out of administration and still exists, but you want to start your own third club
That you have adopted the Radcliffe Vets club will not assist you to bypass the rules and your funds are already at risk
But good luck with your new venture, i hope you achieve what you want

Back