Bury FC phoenix club

There's going to be some backlog of fixtures at the end of the season.

6 games in hand before winter has really kicked in!

There's going to be some backlog of fixtures at the end of the season.

6 games in hand before winter has really kicked in!
We have an away game on Wednesday and as you say, plenty of games in hand

With our success in cup games coupled with replays it has created the gap
At the moment it is still in our own control provided we win all the games in hand
Only the top team is automatically promoted and second place has a playoff with a team from the division above and that is it.

1 Wythenshawe Town played 20 48 points
2 Vauxhall Motors played 21 48 points
3 Avro played 20 45 points
4 AFC Liverpool played 21 40 points

10 Bury AFC played 14 28 points

Wednesday away at Longridge Town is next on the league fixtures

Another unbelieveable game tonight
We were 2 - 0 down
Wharton got sin binned
Brazell pulled back a goal
Longridge awarded a penalty and we had two more players sin binned, so down to 8 men
Jack Atkinson saved the penalty
Got our players back on
11 v 11
Another player gets sin binned
95th minute Comber equalises
But it gets better
101st minute
Anton Smith scores a last gasp winner

Longridge 2 - 3 Bury

Bury grab a win against the odds and the ref

Another unbelieveable game tonight
We were 2 - 0 down
Wharton got sin binned
Brazell pulled back a goal
Longridge awarded a penalty and we had two more players sin binned, so down to 8 men
Jack Atkinson saved the penalty
Got our players back on
11 v 11
Another player gets sin binned
95th minute Comber equalises
But it gets better
101st minute
Anton Smith scores a last gasp winner

Longridge 2 - 3 Bury

Bury grab a win against the odds and the ref
Just followed it on twitter and that was probably enough for me!

This is the first I've seen of sin-binning. When did that come in and what offences result in it?

Listened to the game on Roch Valley Radio and the last 30 minutes sounded crazy with the sin bins and Bury never seemed to let Longridge take advantage when Bury had 8 players on the field but credit to Bury for the fightback and looking forward to watching the highlight.

Bury move up to 9th in the league

1 Wythenshawe Town played 20 48 points
2 Vauxhall Motors played 21 48 points

9 Bury AFC played 15 31 points

By absolute chance i spent today in Glasgow.
My first time
Went on the underground to Ibrox
Photos taken by the gates and went and got souvenirs from the shop
Unfortunately there were no tours of the ground today
Just means i will have to visit another time, hopefully to see a game
Great stadium
Hope you enjoyed your visit, if you ever have the chance I'd recommend you do the Founders Trail.
A journey around Glasgow that tells the history of Rangers from 1872 to today and ends with a tour of our stadium.

My first time
Great stadium
Hope you enjoyed it. Nothing like a match day buzz though so hopefully you will get to a game soon.

My first time
Great stadium
Pity I never knew you were there mate, would have got me some respite from painting lol

Seen the headed goal on a twitter link so hopefully the highlights will be available soon.
Here are the highlights

Use above link

A bit of a cold snap has caused more cancellations over last weekend and for tomorrow
Doubtful if the Congleton away game on Saturday will happen either

After a long period of no fixtures due to the weather, Bury AFC got back in away action last night and ground out a 1 nil victory at Squires Gate
Good to see Rangers back on winning ways too, almost Bury like
Merry Christmas and many Thanks for your continued support

After a long period of no fixtures due to the weather, Bury AFC got back in away action last night and ground out a 1 nil victory at Squires Gate
Good to see Rangers back on winning ways too, almost Bury like
Merry Christmas and many Thanks for your continued support
Here are the highlights from the Squires Gate game

Bury AFC completed their last game of 2022 with an impressive victory away at Northwich Victoria, winning 1 - 6

Here are the highlights, and wishing you all a Very Happy New Year

Thanks for sharing, some result that is!

Bury AFC completed their last game of 2022 with an impressive victory away at Northwich Victoria, winning 1 - 6

Happy new year to you.

Hopefully get down for a game before this season is out.

Seen the highlights early yesterday and great result just gotta hope with the 6 games in hand AFC can keep getting points and climb up the league.

I've just noticed this thread and how long it's been going.

To save reading through over 2 thousand posts, is this just something that's grown organically on here? Or is there a connection?

(Honest question BTW, just curious, rather than being a dick!)

To save reading through over 2 thousand posts, is this just something that's grown organically on here? Or is there a connection?

I will let GTshaker1903 explain the finer details but a few folk on here took up a £5 a month membership to help them ( Bury AFC ) out after Bury Fc were bought by a conman so this is to keep us updated on FF, I have been to 4 AFC games and have met GTshaker and his good lady ( who travel from Norwich area ) and have met a few other AFC fans and have been made most welcome and they are great bunch. They also have a massive Rangers/Bury flag which is displayed at games.

I will let GTshaker1903 explain the finer details but a few folk on here took up a £5 a month membership to help them ( Bury AFC ) out after Bury Fc were bought by a conman so this is to keep us updated on FF, I have been to 4 AFC games and have met GTshaker and his good lady ( who travel from Norwich area ) and have met a few other AFC fans and have been made most welcome and they are great bunch. They also have a massive Rangers/Bury flag which is displayed at games.

Ah, brilliant - Cheers for that mate.

I had a bit of fear when I posted thinking folk would assume I was giving it "What's this to do with rangers", hence my disclaimer :D

But that's class. I'll keep an eye out for the thread being bumped.

Happy New Year to you, or should i say Happy Hogmanay too

It is amazing how you GERS have continued to support Bury AFC over all the time of our despair , as Bury FC is still in administration today, since our demise in 2019, but now share in our amazing success as Bury AFC 100% fan owned club has had to start from the bottom of the football pyramid at tier 10.

Our relationship with Rangers started before the two evil chairmen of Bury FC, both with the initials SD, robbed and murdered Bury FC with Bury FC being expelled from the English Football League in 2019.

Our love affair with Rangers began with Steven Gerrard's first ever game in charge of Rangers to play Bury FC, when 40,000 turned up (more than watched Holland v Belgium in the World Cup on the same night) and Rangers won 6 - 0
It was a magnificent start.

Some Bury fans have good relationships with Rangers fans and a very special Thankyou has to go to @acousticblue who initially posted this thread, and @jimmy5141 who has been to a few games and met up with many of our fans, and @GazzaG who has followed our cause, and to the many kind GERS who have been members and made donations and bought our football shirts.
I can't Thank you enough !!!

And then, to keep the information flowing and even give our match highlights just happened

And the GERS fans paid for a magnificent flag which we proudly display at our games

And it has just kept growing

HAPPY NEW YEAR

I had a bit of fear when I posted thinking folk would assume I was giving it "What's this to do with rangers", hence my disclaimer :D

If you can, join us mate.
I've been in for a fiver a month for about 2 1/2 years.
Still haven't been down to a game though.

Forgot to mention how we had the first virtual football match, when you GERS chose your Legends team and we Bury fans chose our Legends
Our amazing Legends should have been the business but somehow Rangers won the trophy
The game raised about £3k plus with Rangers charity, Bury Hospice Charity and the Lee Rigby charity benefitting a third each.
But it was good fun selecting the players, worth looking back for that stuff

Happy New Year Graeme, we are gonna be down for the games on the 14th and 17th of January so hopefully weather is good.
Good luck with your journey, hope the weather is kind and you pull in the two games
I am sure SeasideShaker will take good care
Cheers

Forgot to mention how we had the first virtual football match, when you GERS chose your Legends team and we Bury fans chose our Legends
Our amazing Legends should have been the business but somehow Rangers won the trophy
The game raised about £3k plus with Rangers charity, Bury Hospice Charity and the Lee Rigby charity benefitting a third each.
But it was good fun selecting the players, worth looking back for that stuff
Remember watching that, was great fun, and the guys playing on behalf of both teams were well skilled

If you can, join us mate.
I've been in for a fiver a month for about 2 1/2 years.
Still haven't been down to a game though.
Strange noises coming out from the Bury Football Club Supporters Society who claim to own the Gigg Lane football ground, but just 286 of them rejected the merger of the their community benefit society with the Bury AFC cbs and are trying to establish a new third Bury team called the Bury Community United Football Club, an aquired team formerly called Radcliffe Veterans, even though BFCSS are the supporters society for Bury FC which is still in administration, but with the changed name of CCFB Realisations
Complicated, yes.
Sounds like BFCSS are on the verge of bankruptcy.

Strange noises coming out from the Bury Football Club Supporters Society who claim to own the Gigg Lane football ground, but just 286 of them rejected the merger of the their community benefit society with the Bury AFC cbs and are trying to establish a new third Bury team called the Bury Community United Football Club, an aquired team formerly called Radcliffe Veterans, even though BFCSS are the supporters society for Bury FC which is still in administration, but with the changed name of CCFB Realisations
Complicated, yes.

Complicated, yes.
I said at the time of the vote it felt like a hostile takeover, and everything since has cemented that belief.
It felt to me like they wanted to dangle the carrot of Gigg Lane and then blame AFC if senior mens football didn't return to the town.

It looks like it's spectacularly blowing up in their faces now.

Weather permitting, on Wednesday night we are back in football action at home against Ashton Athletic

Hoping we continue our winning streak to make it seven consecutive victories

Weather permitting, on Wednesday night we are back in football action at home against Ashton Athletic

Hoping we continue our winning streak to make it seven consecutive victories
The game is postponed due to a waterlogged pitch
The list of games in hand is growing

Back