Bury FC phoenix club

Watched a few games of bury afc in the early days has my grandson played for them for a while enjoyed the games I went to see played some nice football and was great to meet the fans and have a few beers great to see they are doing well
Really glad you had a good experience, from the start Andy Welsh's team have always tried to play attacking football.
If you can share your grandson's name, i am sure he would have played his heart out for us and played his part in our success.
I really hope your grandson loved his time in the team and i hope he is continuing to play.
Thanks for sharing your post
Cheers

Really glad you had a good experience, from the start Andy Welsh's team have always tried to play attacking football.
If you can share your grandson's name, i am sure he would have played his heart out for us and played his part in our success.
I really hope your grandson loved his time in the team and i hope he is continuing to play.
Thanks for sharing your post
Cheers
Bailey Sloane played left back and centre half born in bury and still lives there he signed professional last year for Accrington Stanley I think he still keeps in touch with Andy Walsh and I know he does with a few of the players

Avro v Bury was played tonight
Bury got a 2 goal lead in the 2nd half
Avro had a player sent off
Then it got scrappy
A Bury player was fouled but not given as Avro scored
Then 5 mins of extra time added
Two Bury players sent off and a penalty awarded in the 9th minute of extra time
Of course Avro scored
Will have to wait for the highlights to see how this played out
But 2 - 2 result stands

Avro v Bury was played tonight
Bury got a 2 goal lead in the 2nd half
Avro had a player sent off
Then it got scrappy
A Bury player was fouled but not given as Avro scored
Then 5 mins of extra time added
Two Bury players sent off and a penalty awarded in the 9th minute of extra time
Of course Avro scored
Will have to wait for the highlights to see how this played out
But 2 - 2 result stands

Todays cup game is off due to rainfall, sad for @jimmy5141 who has made the journey, amazing support Thank you.
Here are the game highlights from the Avro game, see what you think

Todays cup game is off due to rainfall, sad for @jimmy5141 who has made the journey, amazing support Thank you.
Here are the game highlights from the Avro game, see what you think

I have not actually watched the Avro highlights yet but will do tonight ended up going to Bury market and met Mark from the Bury messageboard and visited a couple of boozers but looking forward the Holker game now arranged for Tuesady.

The Accy game was called off just before 12 today due to a frozen pitch. Fortunately I found out before I had to catch my train so just came home.

I did consider this game but didn't realise that it was being played at Darwen and I was staying in Blackburn. Luckily I managed to change the hotel booking to next week for the rearranged game against Boreham Wood.

A frozen pitch at Ashton Athletic meant another postponed game yesterday

In the league it is looking tight at the top as only one automatic promotion place and second place gets a playoff with the team from the higher division

As it stands

Played Points Team
26 60 Vauxhall Motors
26 55 Wythenshaw Town
26 53 Avro
26 52 AFC Liverpool
24 43 Northwich Victoria
23 43 Congleton Town
19 41 Bury AFC

Catching up with the fixtures and a few cup games, hopefully, will be an exciting period in the coming months especially if we can keep our form

Bury played away at Irlam, in a league game, and gained a 0 - 2 victory with goals from Gilboy and Brazel, the last being spectacular, wait until you see it on the highlights
Bury up into 5th place now and Congleton lost at home.

Todays fixture is a re-arranged game away at Winsford Utd with an earlier 2pm kick off
Hoping our recent form continues today

A difficult game today, Winsford went 1 - 0 up in the 2nd minute. But Brazel scored another cracking equalizer before half time.
Then in the 2nd half, Winsford were awarded a penalty.... the player skied it over the crossbar, orbiting with Harry Kane's effort for England recently.
And straight after the penalty miss, of course Bury scored our second goal, another belter.
So a good away victory 1 - 2
Closing the gap
Look forward to seeing the highlights

A difficult game today, Winsford went 1 - 0 up in the 2nd minute. But Brazel scored another cracking equalizer before half time.
Then in the 2nd half, Winsford were awarded a penalty.... the player skied it over the crossbar, orbiting with Harry Kane's effort for England recently.
And straight after the penalty miss, of course Bury scored our second goal, another belter.
So a good away victory 1 - 2
Closing the gap
Look forward to seeing the highlights
Long may it continue and looking forward to the highlights.

Some good saves from the Charnock goalie and they also put Bury under a lot of pressure 2nd half but good to get another 3 points.;)
The top of the table is now looking like this
Played Points Team
27 63 Vauxhall Motors
28 56 Wythenshaw Town
28 55 Avro
27 53 AFC Liverpool
22 50 Bury AFC

Last edited:
Another away victory as Bury won 2 - 0
Having had Jimmy Moore sent off in the first half at 0-0, quite a resilient win
Played Points Team
31 64 Avro
29 63 Vauxhall Motors
29 57 Wythenshaw Town
24 56 Bury AFC
28 55 Northwich Vic
29 53 AFC Liverpool

Last edited:
Played Points Team
31 64 Avro
29 63 Vauxhall Motors
29 57 Wythenshaw Town
24 56 AFC Bury
28 55 Northwich Vic
29 53 AFC Liverpool
In the driving seat now.

A few weeks back I'd have said it was tall order to peg back VM, but the lads have certainly been taking care of the games in hand.

Back