Bury FC phoenix club

Amazing...thanks lads and lasses and special thanks to Acoustic Blue.

We've had support from many clubs, whilst others have laughed but there's only one club and set of supporters who have supported us the most...no wonder you sing, 'Simply the Best'.

Thanks again, from everyone at Bury FC and Bury AFC...we'll get our real name back one day!

UTS & UTG

Last edited:
Amazing...thanks lads and lasses and special thanks to Acoustic Blue.

We've had support from many clubs, whilst others have laughed at us but there's only one club who have supported us the most...no wonder you sing, 'Simply the Best'.

Thanks again, from everyone at Bury FC and Bury AFC...we'll get our real name back one day!

UTS & UTG
Hopefully you guys can get back to watching your team again

Mate of mine is a corporate lawyer now based in London for 30 years but a Bury fan. He offers these two comments.

The current owner has kept the Club in a CVA with that sole aim everyone is amazed that the Club has not been liquidated. But as the Council will not give planning permission for houses there is a slim possibility that he would sell to a consortium. Bury AFC say and it accords with what I have read that the consortium is dead because the Council will not invest by buying the ground. But who knows post COVID-19 there maybe more government money for community assets ?? I will make my own enquiries given your interest .

This from a Sports Lawyer who’s a supporter “Hi, I think AFC is legit. Whilst I would want the club saved in its current form, commercially it appears impossible. I think the AFC will be the only club and if that was the case I’d back it”

The old limited company has not (yet?) gone into liquidation.

All the best to the Bury AFC club.
Some of us are still clinging to that 1% chance, as you say, Bury FC is not liquidated.

Coronavirus might actually help us, in a perverse way. Everything is on hold, e.g. WUPs, CVAs, etc. Probably another year, before it's sorted and then who knows...our scum owner accepts the Consortium's offer, the CVA is re-negotiated, one of the secured creditors realises they aren't going to get a better offer and then our council would come under severe pressure...coz they would then be the last hurdle to overcome.

Anyway, the good news, is we have a club, up and ready to go (well okay, we need a manager and some players(!)...but you get my drift) and if the 1% comes off, Bury FC merge with Bury AFC, the season after next. If it doesn't, we still have a club representing the town of Bury, that generations of my family have supported.

Thanks once again, for all your support. It really is quite incredible.

Last edited:
Mate of mine is a corporate lawyer now based in London for 30 years but a Bury fan. He offers these two comments.

The current owner has kept the Club in a CVA with that sole aim everyone is amazed that the Club has not been liquidated. But as the Council will not give planning permission for houses there is a slim possibility that he would sell to a consortium. Bury AFC say and it accords with what I have read that the consortium is dead because the Council will not invest by buying the ground. But who knows post COVID-19 there maybe more government money for community assets ?? I will make my own enquiries given your interest .

This from a Sports Lawyer who’s a supporter “Hi, I think AFC is legit. Whilst I would want the club saved in its current form, commercially it appears impossible. I think the AFC will be the only club and if that was the case I’d back it”
Yes please. Anything, he, them, you...can give us...yes please!!! Thank you.

Signed up for both myself and my son over here in Canada. hated to see Bury shafted by their owner so badly and it'll be fun to be involved in football in a very small way.
And another for our MB. :))

I don't know how you guys keep up on here...it's like a full time job.

One of the benefits of only having 3000 supporters, instead of 3 million!

Edit: Bloody hell. I've just googled how many fans Rangers have worldwide and it's come up 20 million!!! It's on wiki so...?! But is that really true? No idea if the link will work but it's there in massive numbers and letters! Mental if true and can we borrow some?!

And another for our MB. :))

I don't know how you guys keep up on here...it's like a full time job.

One of the benefits of only having 3000 supporters, instead of 3 million!

Edit: Bloody hell. I've just googled how many fans Rangers have worldwide and it's come up 20 million!!! It's on wiki so...?! But is that really true? No idea if the link will work but it's there in massive numbers and letters! Mental if true and can we borrow some?!

Within Scotland the Commercial Department used to work off a figure of 1.2million within Scotland.

Hi Guys - some of you may remember me with the Rossiter posts. I just want to re-iterate R11 BFC comments thanking you all for contributing. It's been the worst 9 months of our lives topped off with this virus. The one thing keeping us going is having a new club to support in August. UTS and WATP

I have just signed up for the membership, a few years ago I met a couple from Bolton and the guy had a season ticket for Bury Fc, about 2 years ago we were down visiting them and I took him up to the ground so he could pick up his season ticket for the coming season but sadly he passed away in March 2019 so in his memory I am taking out this membership. I have a photo of us both in the ground from that day but i am another one does not know how to post pics. ( good luck to you all ).

Once I get paid again I’ll definitely sign up for the membership and I’ll let some friends know I’m sure they will do likewise, it’s been a real shame what’s happened to bury since our friendly against them I’ve kept a close eye on them it was really down to their fans who were a credit that day to their club.

I have just signed up for the membership, a few years ago I met a couple from Bolton and the guy had a season ticket for Bury Fc, about 2 years ago we were down visiting them and I took him up to the ground so he could pick up his season ticket for the coming season but sadly he passed away in March 2019 so in his memory I am taking out this membership. I have a photo of us both in the ground from that day but i am another one does not know how to post pics. ( good luck to you all ).
Fantastic gesture, sorry about your mate, but he would be chuffed with this membership

Wow, just WOW.

In the worst year of our lives...football wise anyway.

You will never know how much this means to all Bury fans.

You are true football people and LOYAL with it...!

I've never had as many goose bumps in my life.

Simply the best.

As another Bury fan,
THANK YOU RANGERS FANS for your support
We had our club stolen by a chairman who doesnt even like football and didnt even know Bury FC was a football club when he bought us for £1 off the previous chairman who borrowed excessive money against our ground, Gigg Lane
Then we got dumped out of the English Football League
The pain is unbelievable, our community has been devastated, and this was before coronavirus.
Your support is amazing and uplifting
Cheers

Back