Bury FC phoenix club

Glasgow Rangers support for Bury AFC has been outstanding from every other club in the land
I cant thank you enough as it means so much

Some other teams have given notable support, Portsmouth, Brighton, Plymouth, Crystal Palace, Leyton Orient, Chester, Sunderland, Rotherham Utd, and more local Accrington Stanley and even our rivals Bolton Wanderers.
There are others too that i have missed, apologies to them, but overall that is it.
So thanks to them too.
But you Rangers fans are World Class
Thanks
I would like to think about 99.9% of our fans (no matter if they haven't contributed financially)would wish you to succeed and regain your rightful place in football, unfortunately due to the uncertainty with covid19 its probably not been the best time for funding, but we hope we've helped.
You have a great set of fans so would imagine that you are now going to flourish.
Ps not being biased but royal blue and white would have been my choice, not biased at all

Glasgow Rangers support for Bury AFC has been outstanding from every other club in the land
I cant thank you enough as it means so much

Some other teams have given notable support, Portsmouth, Brighton, Plymouth, Crystal Palace, Leyton Orient, Chester, Sunderland, Rotherham Utd, and more local Accrington Stanley and even our rivals Bolton Wanderers.
There are others too that i have missed, apologies to them, but overall that is it.
So thanks to them too.
But you Rangers fans are World Class
Thanks
As well as Exeter City helping us with our elections, i have been informed that both Manchester City and Everton Football Clubs offered significant assistance that under the rules of the game were not permitted. But still nice to know.

I've stayed well clear of the voting process. Leave it to the Bury fans.
Image the winning kit was decided by one vote and me, a Rangers fan had voted for it.

F uck it, where's the blue, white and red option? I'm in.
I think the Rangers fans would have made better choices than my fellow Bury fans, look at the final choice.
Anyway, thanks for being interested

I've stayed well clear of the voting process. Leave it to the Bury fans.
Imagine the winning kit was decided by one vote and me, a Rangers fan had voted for it.

F uck it, where's the blue, white and red option? I'm in.
I voted, but I never thought of it in the way you put it shengo :confused: shit. Sorry if my vote scuppers it for any genuine shaker, I should’ve abstained.

What on earth is going on here?!?! :oops:

It's easy:

Our first kit from 1885:

bury_1885-1887_al.gif

Our kit from 1962:

bury_1964-1967-il.gif

Last edited:
Loving the replies lads.

BTW, I'm serious of the purple and turquoise zig zag...its not f**king green. :D

There will be a bus load of us Rangers lads down for your 1st or 2nd full home league game on your journey back....maybe even a direct Belfast-Manc flight for myself.

Football, pints and no bullshit. Count us in

I abstained for home top as that should be down to the original Bury fans , but voted on away strip .
Just to clarify lads...the vote for the away kit was for the 2 distinct and different shirts.

The home vote...isn't for the shirt (that will always be white) but the colour of blue trim and crucially the shorts is causing us angst!!!

We want Royal Blue, you have Royal Blue and you are Royalists...so you know what to do. Fook me...I'm a poet! :))

The link below tells you all you need to know...deadline 3pm tomorrow (Sunday).

https://buryafc.uk/2020/05/blog-the-final-vote-faqs/

Loving the replies lads.

BTW, I'm serious of the purple and turquoise zig zag...its not f**king green. :D

There will be a bus load of us Rangers lads down for your 1st or 2nd full home league game on your journey back....maybe even a direct Belfast-Manc flight for myself.

Football, pints and no bullshit. Count us in
And I/we
icon_heartbeat.gif.4e78d05b87ddfe331d45a7dcd3fe2cc4.gif
yours and others replies!!!

Thanks for the PM btw...which with your above post are now on our MB.

With a message to @acousticblue aka Billy Blue down south:

Billy Blue: 'Simply the Best' man!

Incredible, simply incredible...

WATP!!!

Well you learn something everyday:

"For those wondering why Maroon and Gold were used in the first place...well here it is. Maroon and Gold were chosen as a nod to the town’s association with the Lancashire Fusiliers whose Garrison/HQ was at Wellington Barracks located in Bury."

Fair play and respect:

Welcome to XXth The Lancashire Fusiliers Website OMNIA AUDAX 1688–1968

NewLFbadge.jpg

Last edited:
Well you learn something everyday:

"For those wondering why Maroon and Gold were used in the first place...well here it is. Maroon and Gold were chosen as a nod to the town’s association with the Lancashire Fusiliers whose Garrison/HQ was at Wellington Barracks located in Bury."

Fair play and respect:

Welcome to XXth The Lancashire Fusiliers Website OMNIA AUDAX 1688–1968

NewLFbadge.jpg

Rule Britannia, you shakers! That is staunch as shit man. :))

The royal blue all makes sense now

Rule Britannia, you shakers! That is staunch as shit man. :))

The royal blue all makes sense now
@GTshaker1903 will be too modest to say this, so I'll say it for him:

His Grandad was Sergeant Harry Taylor in the 1st/5th Battalion of The Lancashire Fusiliers.

He fought at numerous horrific battles - Gallipoli and Egypt, to name just two in WW1. Receiving an 'Oak Leaf' for bravery and in addition, was mentioned in Despatches.

The Despatch was from Field Marshal Sir Douglas Haig, dated 16th March 1919, for gallant and distinguished services in the Field. I have it in command from the King to record His Majesty's high appreciation of the services rendered. Signed Winston S Churchill, Secretary of State for War. (See photos below).

And then amazingly, fought in WW2...

A TRUE LEGEND AND LEST WE FORGET.

IMG-20190501-WA0001.thumb.jpg.03de466685a864ea91b9ac8e51cb370d.jpg

20200602_114303.thumb.jpg.00174034413c8aa04d4c2308a2e2ebaf.jpg

@GTshaker1903 will be too modest to say this, so I'll say it for him:

His Grandad was Sergeant Harry Taylor in the 1st/5th Battalion of The Lancashire Fusiliers.

He fought at numerous horrific battles - Gallipoli and Egypt, to name just two in WW1. Receiving an 'Oak Leaf' for bravery and in addition, was mentioned in Despatches.

The Despatch was from Field Marshal Sir Douglas Haig, dated 16th March 1919, for gallant and distinguished services in the Field. I have it in command from the King to record His Majesty's high appreciation of the services rendered. Signed Winston S Churchill, Secretary of State for War. (See photos below).

And then amazingly, fought in WW2...

A TRUE LEGEND AND LEST WE FORGET.

IMG-20190501-WA0001.thumb.jpg.03de466685a864ea91b9ac8e51cb370d.jpg

20200602_114303.thumb.jpg.00174034413c8aa04d4c2308a2e2ebaf.jpg

No greater love for a man than when he fights for his home, thus his family by extension. We live in a world of weak men and weak women, and thankfully that means WW1/2 can never happen again in the same manner. It will mostly be cowards from afar, pressing buttons and setting gps coordinates.

My family is from Orkney, I was 7 years old when my grandfather sat me down in this hill, with this view and said

"Son, look at these boats This is where the German Navy was imprisoned."

GF-German-Fleet-in-Scapa-Flow-by-Tom-Kent2.jpg

In an almost 360 degrees view, imprisoned in an inland harbour called Scappa Flow, where our WW1/2 Fleets were based.

When Versailles was signed, the German sailors scuttled the fleet, rather than allow their traitor leaders to hand their pride and joy over to "the enemy".

images

The best part was that the Islanders all went down to the shoreline and to their boats to save the German sailors lives. Our navy was mostly out at sea that day, personal to detain Germans onshore was slim. There was no trouble or anything!

Like Sergeant Harry Taylor, they do not breed humans of that ilk no more. Can see that his staunchness has lived on through his bloodline. I bet GTShakers got a shaggers tash too!!!

No greater love for a man than when he fights for his home, thus his family by extension. We live in a world of weak men and weak women, and thankfully that means WW1/2 can never happen again in the same manner. It will mostly be cowards from afar, pressing buttons and setting gps coordinates.

My family is from Orkney, I was 7 years old when my grandfather sat me down in this hill, with this view and said

"Son, look at these boats This is where the German Navy was imprisoned."

GF-German-Fleet-in-Scapa-Flow-by-Tom-Kent2.jpg

In an almost 360 degrees view, imprisoned in an inland harbour called Scappa Flow, where our WW1/2 Fleets were based.

When Versailles was signed, the German sailors scuttled the fleet, rather than allow their traitor leaders to hand their pride and joy over to "the enemy".

images

The best part was that the Islanders all went down to the shoreline and to their boats to save the German sailors lives. Our navy was mostly out at sea that day, personal to detain Germans onshore was slim. There was no trouble or anything!

Like Sergeant Harry Taylor, they do not breed humans of that ilk no more. Can see that his staunchness has lived on through his bloodline. I bet GTShakers got a shaggers tash too!!!
You have some brilliant photos and memories there
Due to this lockdown im probably looking more like White Gandolph every day

As a member I demand you tell me and stop hinting :p
It is out there now, for the Lee Rigby Memorial Trophy, a virtual friendly on 4th July at 3.00pm between Rangers Legends and Bury Legends and before you laugh too loud about how Rangers will roll us Shakers over, you are in for a surprise at some of our World class players and just for a flavour we had to leave Sammy McIlroy, Alec Lindsey, Leighton James out of the team.
Looking forward to the line ups
UTS UTR

It is out there now, for the Lee Rigby Memorial Trophy, a virtual friendly on 4th July at 3.00pm between Rangers Legends and Bury Legends and before you laugh too loud about how Rangers will roll us Shakers over, you are in for a surprise at some of our World class players and just for a flavour we had to leave Sammy McIlroy, Alec Lindsey, Leighton James out of the team.
UTS UTR
To be honest, you would be as well writing that in Chinese for all the sense it makes to me, but have gladly bought a ticket anyway :)

A lot of work has gone into making this happen. We’re really hoping you Bears support it as we know you can. Lee Rigby means a lot to us all, especially with him being a Bury lad. Please share this far and wide and let’s support these great causes as they have all missed out due to the current pandemic.

UTS & WATP

A lot of work has gone into making this happen. We’re really hoping you Bears support it as we know you can. Lee Rigby means a lot to us all, especially with him being a Bury lad. Please share this far and wide and let’s support these great causes as they have all missed out due to the current pandemic.

UTS & WATP
Just to echo Seasider's post:

Info and Donations: Rangers Legends v Bury Legends Virtual Friendly for the Lee Rigby Foundation Trophy

It's great that we can actually watch as an Esports event as well...on all our various devices!

Even more important, for great causes, especially the Lee Rigby Foundation and whilst donations are whatever you can afford...quite a few are going for amounts that mean something, e.g. £19.87 (Lee's year of birth), £20.13 (the year Lee was murdered) or some date/number that means something to you/our clubs, e.g. £18.85 (the year we were formed)...you get the idea.

I've got paid today...so might even go for £47.87 (4/7/87 was Lee's date of birth). But there's no pressure...if someone can only afford a tenner or a fiver or a quid, that's fine. The match is on Saturday, 4th of July (Lee's birthday) at 3pm...

The Mother of murdered soldier Lee Rigby has told how Rangers fans have become “a second family” to her after her son’s death.

Lee's funeral at Bury Parish Church, with a packed Bury town centre (below)...it all fits man.

LEST WE FORGET:

_68695286_rigby_cortege_soldiers.jpg

59cadccb08087_BuryFCLeeRigbyFlag.jpg.c81783e4a8aacb16719d4a3ecbe4c980.jpg.f7785438a6c158a585d5aab343e276c8.jpg

lr.jpg

Just to echo Seasider's post:

Info and Donations: Rangers Legends v Bury Legends Virtual Friendly for the Lee Rigby Foundation Trophy

It's great that we can actually watch as an Esports event as well...on all our various devices!

Even more important, for great causes, especially the Lee Rigby Foundation and whilst donations are whatever you can afford...quite a few are going for amounts that mean something, e.g. £19.87 (Lee's year of birth), £20.13 (the year Lee was murdered) or some date/number that means something to you/our clubs, e.g. £18.85 (the year we were formed)...you get the idea.

I've got paid today...so might even go for £47.87 (4/7/87 was Lee's date of birth). But there's no pressure...if someone can only afford a tenner or a fiver or a quid, that's fine. The match is on Saturday, 4th of July (Lee's birthday) at 3pm...

The Mother of murdered soldier Lee Rigby has told how Rangers fans have become “a second family” to her after her son’s death.

Lee's funeral at Bury Parish Church, with a packed Bury town centre (below)...it all fits man.

LEST WE FORGET:

_68695286_rigby_cortege_soldiers.jpg

59cadccb08087_BuryFCLeeRigbyFlag.jpg.c81783e4a8aacb16719d4a3ecbe4c980.jpg.f7785438a6c158a585d5aab343e276c8.jpg

lr.jpg
Amazing article by Lee's mum and the turn out for Lee's funeral was rightly massive.
Those flags are brilliant too, especially the Rangers flag.
You RANGERS FANS ARE THE BEST

UTS UTR
Too right. ;)

Neville Southall - once the world's number one goalkeeper.

Lee Dixon - Arsenal's best ever right back.

Colin Bell - England's finest ever midfielder.

And that's before I get onto Graeme Souness' lookalike!

Be afraid you Bears, be very afraid...!!!

Other than the double European Cup Winners Nottingham Forest full first team put 7 past him in the League Cup, but what a fabulous passing team Forest were
Sshhh...!!!

But yeah, Forest were as good as Liverpool at the time and that took some doing.

Anyway, have you seen the size of BIG Nev now?! He'd block the entire goal. :D

Sshhh...!!!

But yeah, Forest were as good as Liverpool at the time and that took some doing.

Anyway, have you seen the size of BIG Nev now?! He'd block the entire goal. :D
Super sized Nev, with Lee Dixon marshalling the defence, they wont get a sniff of goal

Back