Bury FC phoenix club

Are fans allowed in just now? I could be doing with a trip down to watch some games
Hi, thanks for your interest, that is so welcome and we are grateful.
At the moment tickets are like gold dust as there are over 1000 members and the ticket allocation at tier 10 level has been set at 300.
We are sharing the ground of Radcliffe who are 3 tiers higher, and they are allowed 600 for the same ground, crazy i know.
Anyway the tickets have been snapped up in about fifteen minutes from being announced.
So fingers crossed the crowd size is improved as i believe the capacity of the ground is about 4000
It will be brilliant if you can get to a game or two and i know a couple of fixtures are up in the Lake District
If you contact BuryAFC for tickets i feel sure they would welcome you and make tickets available as you are travelling so far.
I will ask the question of them
Cheers

At the moment tickets are like gold dust as there are over 1000 members and the ticket allocation at tier 10 level has been set at 300.
We are sharing the ground of Radcliffe who are 3 tiers higher, and they are allowed 600 for the same ground, crazy i know.
Anyway the tickets have been snapped up in about fifteen minutes from being announced.
So fingers crossed the crowd size is improved as i believe the capacity of the ground is about 4000
It will be brilliant if you can get to a game or two and i know a couple of fixtures are up in the Lake District
If you contact BuryAFC for tickets i feel sure they would welcome you and make tickets available as you are travelling so far.
Cheers
Thanks GT.

I'm sure there could be others interested on here for a trip south if it becomes possible.

Are fans allowed in just now? I could be doing with a trip down to watch some games

I have asked the question and am waiting for an answer.
If you need a better contact then The best address to use is shakerscommunity@buryafc.uk.
It really is fantastic that you are interested.
At some point im going to get up to see Rangers. Thanks again, i will let you know what i find out

Cheers
Do us members get priority on tickets ;)

I have asked the question and am waiting for an answer.
If you need a better contact then The best address to use is shakerscommunity@buryafc.uk.
It really is fantastic that you are interested.
At some point im going to get up to see Rangers. Thanks again, i will let you know what i find out
Cheers mate.

Not looking for special treatment because of distance travelled. As always, your real fans should be accommodated at every chance.

Good luck to you and your team

Cheers mate.

Not looking for special treatment because of distance travelled. As always, your real fans should be accommodated at every chance.

Good luck to you and your team

The generosity and support from you Gers is second to none
Your actions have shown you to be the best fans of all
And in our moment of darkness and despair you have really lifted us up. Thank you

Would i

Would it be possible to tell us in which towns these teams play their home games.
As you know there are Rangers fans everywhere and some might be local and not realise it, and could pop along to give you some backing.

We have been given the following help

The toerag in charge of the company is playing games that will be disastrous. The fans - who are the club - have taken their future into their own hands and have formulated a new vehicle to take the club forward.

A blog that is a ten part telling of Out of Our League
What happens when your club is thrown out of the football league in this case Bury FC

Very well made and is interesting, but incredibly sad too from a Bury fan point of view

Just in case you want to visit the new Bury Message Board

This may be a better link to The BBC Radio 5 podcast on Out of Our League. The story of what happened when Bury FC was thrown out of the football league

Yes, members are being sent emails re the tickets. At the moment they are trying to share ticket allocation so if someone has been to a game then members who have not been get next chance.
Thanks for your support Buzz, what you are doing is fantastic Cheers
In that case I might wait and be first in the queue when you reach the FA cup final.

In that case I might wait and be first in the queue when you reach the FA cup final.
My dad said he would take me to Wembley if Bury got to the FACup final. I think he knew he was on a sure thing, God Bless him.

However, any opportunity to shout about Bury FC's proud record in the FACup

Bury have won the FA Cup two times, in the process scoring 10 goals and conceding none in the finals themselves.

Bury have the proud record of the highest winning score in an FA Cup Final beating Derby County 6 - 0 in 1903. The Shakers won this Cup without conceding a goal in any round.

We are the Shakers. And there is a Rangers link.
In the 1900 FA Cup Final Bury beat Southampton 4 - 0 and our captain Jack Prey held the grand cup aloft.
Jack Prey came to Bury from Rangers

Email from Bury AFC.

14275af6-1963-4f33-8e1d-47ac1d9d44e0.jpg
Our Approach to Ticketing and the Impact on our Financials
We wanted to provide you with an update on how we are approaching ticketing for the start of the season, given the restrictions in place which limit crowd sizes to 300. The purpose of this note is not simply to tell you what we’ve decided but to provide you with a breakdown of the financial, technological and practical barriers we’ve been faced with, including those which we believe we can overcome and those which we will just have to live with for the time being.
Please remember we have a surplus of funds which builds up outside the football club revenue through Shakers Community membership fees and donations. This increases as our membership numbers grow, and should provide us with in excess of £60,000 per annum which the football club can draw on should this be required. However, we want to avoid dipping into those cash reserves where possible.
We know we will not be able to provide a perfect solution for everyone, but we do want to strike a balance between fairness, inclusivity and the commercial reality of running a football club with a quarter of the fans we expected to attend.
Matchday revenue, and in particular ticket sales, is the most significant part of our income. In a ‘normal’ year, and our first year in some regards will be exceptional as the attention our inaugural season will drive additional funds through sponsorship and shirt sales, we forecast this year’s revenue at £192,000. Our financial year ends on 30th June. We are already well ahead of budget on non-matchday income) such as sponsorship and merchandise sales. We also know we will lose some smaller sources of revenue from matchday catering and hospitality.
We assumed, in a non Covid-19 world, we would have an average gate of 1,200. We had originally built our financial model around 1,000 but shirt sales and interest generally have been so high we increased this by 200. We broke this down as roughly 800 season ticket holders (a combination of adults, children and family season tickets) and 400 tickets on the gate. The adult prices were £125 for season tickets and £10 on the gate, total revenue of around £140,000 net of VAT for the season. When Covid-19 capacity limits became likely, but with little being known, we re-modelled the entire finances of the club based on a 600 capacity.
600 Capacity Limit
600 tickets meant we quickly revised our assumptions to 600 single tickets sold online, in advance, at £10 for adults and £5 for children. We wanted to offer under 5s for free but felt the financial burden was too much until capacity limits increased, so left this at £5. With 500 adults and 100 children this would be £4,583 net of VAT per matchday, so £87,000 for 19 home league games. We have excluded Cup games from these figures.
We reduced our costs for match days in a number of areas, primarily on external support for stewarding given the reduced crowd numbers. We felt external support was advisable for this given our limited experience and the risk of much greater costs should the police wish to get involved if crowds were not successfully managed. We can break even for the season at 600 tickets without needing to draw on membership subscriptions paid into the Shakers Community.
300 Capacity Limit
The rationale provided by DCMS for a 300 capacity was a surprise to us, and we believe goes against logic given Radcliffe FC’s capacity of 600. However, as it suits all but 17 clubs in Steps 1-6, our individual circumstances were overlooked in the interests of administrative simplicity. The limit is due for review in October so there is an opportunity for this to increase, at least to the 600 we had budgeted for, but as infection rates and local lockdowns increase throughout the North West, we believe it is unwise to plan for anything other than a 300 capacity. There is, of course, the possibility that no fans will be able to attend. It was confirmed this week that the season will start with crowd attendances of 300, but we know how fast these things can change.
So how do we make £87,000 from 300 tickets? There are few further areas we can now cut costs, so we need to focus on revenue.
One simple answer is to double ticket prices. We have to accept that in the current environment we are unable to drive ticket prices down and at the same time run a sustainable club. We know £10 is above the average gate price for Step 6 already and £20 would be regarded as excessive. Whilst we probably have 300 fans who would pay £20 to attend, we don’t want to charge that price per ticket.
Season tickets are a great way to generate revenue ahead of the season, although we aren’t in desperate need of capital right now and issuing 300 season tickets means that we would be locking everyone without a season ticket out of the ground for an indefinite period. We are keen to give as many people a chance to attend a game as possible.

Streaming
Online streaming is a key part of our solution. It allows us to generate revenue and at the same time expand our audience to include fans who can’t normally attend due to location or personal circumstances. We’ve been streaming to various countries during our tests and Roch Valley Radio now has an international audience for live matches.
We will invest around £7,000 in total over the next 12 months, in a combination of one-off and monthly expenditure, to make sure that the connectivity, equipment and software we need are in place to make this work at a level we can justifiably charge for the stream. We do believe we can deliver a workable, if not as reliable, solution for some away games, not just home games.
There is one regulatory complication with live streaming in that UEFA article 48 prohibits live streaming at 3pm on a Saturday. This rule was suspended when Covid-19 stopped football crowds attending throughout Europe and remains suspended. We cannot guarantee it will stay that way indefinitely, but it is unlikely that the rule will return until crowds revert to close to capacity. We do have video on demand which we could use to post a full game at 5.15pm each Saturday. Whilst we could try to re-arrange kick off times away from 3pm on a Saturday, we understand this is likely to be met with resistance by away teams who are unable to accommodate changes given the other work commitment their players will have. This is understandable and the away team has to agree to any change.
We believe that the best and most flexible solution is to create a monthly subscription service, Bury AFC TV, which incorporates:
  • All home games live
  • All away games live, where possible, and via video on demand to watch after the game if connectivity is not good enough to broadcast live
  • Covers Cup as well as League games
  • Interviews with manager and players
  • Online events, interviews and discussions about Bury AFC and football and community events in Bury generally
Summary
The board do not currently believe that it is advisable:
  1. To charge £20 per ticket as this is too much for some fans
  2. To sell season tickets only as this will exclude too many fans from attending
Our preferred approach is to:
  1. Offer 300 individual tickets for each home game whilst the capacity is limited to 300 and increase numbers if allowed. This will give us £2,292 (assuming 250 adults and 50 children) against our target of £4,583 per match or £43,500 for the season.
  2. Give members priority, but try to give all members an opportunity to purchase tickets by issuing an email with a link to buy up to 2 adult and 2 child tickets for 2 different games, then offering more games on a rotation basis. This is to encourage as many different fans to attend games as possible, if they want to. Some fans may still be able to buy tickets for all games if they don’t sell out too quickly. Games are subject to change in October in particular so, again, we will have to be flexible.
  3. Release part season tickets once we know capacity limits are increased. We will review this at 600, and almost certainly release part season tickets at 800.
  4. Offer a Bury AFC TV subscription at £12.99 plus VAT per month or £100 plus VAT for the season to end May, which will go some way to closing the shortfall in revenue until crowd sizes increase. We would need 435 people buying a subscription to end May to completely cover that shortfall.
  5. Utilise the membership revenue from the Shakers Community to provide the necessary funds to close any revenue gap as required during this time.
We are inviting Shaker Community members to feedback on this proposal by using the voting button on the website. This is an advisory vote only, as due to the constantly changing guidelines, we will need to adapt quickly to new situations, so are unable to stick to one fixed decision. For this reason, we are asking members to vote on overall confidence in our approach.
In the same vote, we are also asking for members to apply to be entered into a ballot for tickets for our FA Vase fixture on 19th September away to West Didsbury and Chorlton. Only members may apply but each ballot winner will be allowed to purchase two tickets (two adults or one adult and one child). We are awaiting ticket numbers and prices, but we do not expect many tickets to be allocated to us. Please do not enter unless you are certain you will purchase and attend.
Despite the challenges, there are some real positives we can take from the current situation:
  1. Our ultimate aim is to run a sustainable club. Many businesses run stress tests based on simulated scenarios to see if their business would survive a major economic downturn. We are working our way through a real-life situation, and we will come out of it the other end. Many won’t. We have been able to adapt the club to operate on a much leaner model. We will cope again if this happens in the future, as it might.
  2. Our volunteers have been able to grow in confidence as we’ve scaled up crowd numbers and gained experience by responding to issues at a manageable level. It has given us a number of practice runs at managing match day with very little risk involved. The learning experience has been invaluable.
  3. We are probably two or three years ahead of where we wanted to be in certain areas of the club: electronic voting, digital ticketing, live streaming and video on demand are up and running and whilst they were always part of the plan, we might not be so progressed with these had Covid-19 not forced our hand.
There are also other elements of the wider club which Covid-19 has unquestionably set back.
  1. Inclusion is much harder. We are severely limited in terms of what we can do for disabled supporters and a digital ticketing solution is a necessity but excludes those without the necessary technology. We had to turn away two older supporters who turned up to the match on spec recently as they didn’t realise they couldn’t pay on the door. It broke our hearts and we are working on ways to address this. However, we should acknowledge that we aren’t where we would like to be when catering for fans with specific needs and Covid-19 has set us back in this regard. Please don’t think we don’t acknowledge this or want to do better.
  2. Community events have been impossible to organise. We have a number of social events we would have rolled out over the spring and summer which we have not been able to deliver. Whilst we could do some online, we chose to put our energy into organising the football club for the start of the season and tackling live streaming and the like. What we can say is that the Bury AFC players are itching to get out to meet you. Many have come to play for less money, in a lower division, because they want to see you cheer them on. They want to get closer to the fans outside matchday and if you have specific ideas or events where you feel they could help by attending, just let us know.
We know this is a long and detailed note but wanted to share as much as possible with you. This is your club, and your money is funding it through these times.
Please use the button below to log into the website and leave your advisory vote and enter the ballot for West Didsbury tickets. You have until midnight Sunday 13th September to vote and enter the ballot.

There is currently a ten part podcast on BBC 5 that is the story of a year without your club with all kinds of people contributing.
It is a professional broadcast, really well put together and well worth a listen.
Give it a go, here is the link

I know things were bad recently because of the pandemic, but to go a year without a club to support is unthinkable. Furfuxake I hate the international breaks, never mind a full year - and even then not knowing if your team’s coming back in any form.

Best of luck guys, might pop along for a couple of games if the conditions dictate.
I now live in Lancaster, so Garstang is handy, but used to live in Prestwich for 12 years, so know Heys quite well too :)
Been to a few games at Gigg lane when I lived in Prestwich
Glad to see the fans are pushing this, will look at a membership in the not too distant future.

Best of luck guys, might pop along for a couple of games if the conditions dictate.
I now live in Lancaster, so Garstang is handy, but used to live in Prestwich for 12 years, so know Heys quite well too :)
Glad to see the fans are pushing this, will look at a membership in the not too distant future.

Fabulous post, great story.
I have put this on the Bury AFC forum.
Thanks

Beware of the fake underpants
September Update
6 Hours ago

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, in my book it’s not, it’s being a fake to fool others.
Let’s be clear here for the avoidance of doubt as it would seem there are people trying to pass off fakes as the real thing, and spreading ill truths as these Trolls do:
  1. BURY FOOTBALL CLUB FOUNDED 1885, HOW CAN YOU COPY THAT
  2. “THE SHAKERS” ARE BURY FOOTBALL CLUB
  3. GIGG LANE WILL ALWAYS BE BURY FOOTBALL CLUBS GROUND
  4. THE CREST ABOVE IS TRADEMARKED TO BURY FOOTBALL CLUB
If you go on Bury market, buy a Suit off a stall, go home and sew an ARMANI label in it, does it make it an Armani suit?

Or you buy a pair of CALVIN CLINE boxers off another stall, but then there is always the bloke who has a pair of Calvin Klein on when your changing at the gym
WELL THEIRS YOUR ANSWER, A FAKE IS A FAKE HOWEVER YOU PACKAGE IT
There are alleged fans, then you have pure loyal till I die, BURY FOOTBALL CLUB FANS, who have stood by their Club and its ups and downs but are still steadfast knowing good things come to those who are Loyal
Solidarity is the most valuable commodity to a Football Club it gives it the pride to forge on (the Proms) keep the faith and remember….
“THERE IS ONLY ONE BURY FOOTBALL CLUB”

More mad ramblings from the Bury Chairman today, but i must say i am gutted for the Macclesfield fans, another tragedy

Here goes

Grizzly writing on the official Bury FC website

Our thoughts go out to Macclesfield Town FC, there owners, supporters, and the Town. This great historic Club another victim of the financial miss-management of our leagues, funding, and in some cases owners.

There are many more at the precipice Wigan, Southend, Charlton and how many will follow Macclesfield before the powers that be wake up, it ALL needs restructuring it’s a broken model that favours the few.

Issuing fines/points deductions, not dealing with HOW these situations occurred, in our case not giving a bugger at how it happened or the work that had gone into saving it, is like beating the Donkey when its tired from work, keep hitting it and it dies, feed it, let it rest, and it works the day after, its called common sense something lacking in football from the egotists in power.

COVID has given football a taste of what a mess the old rules and regulations are, the model 100% relies on either Sheiks or Oligarchs who right the losses against tax or just rich blokes who have always wanted a Club, however in this climate when they come to realise once there in and can’t get out, it’s not all it’s cracked up to be, it make them think, why is everything I’ve worked for going down a grid with little thanks from anyone. Don’t think either your governing body will help they won’t, I was once told by one of the powers that be “nobody overturns one of “my” points decisions” when asked what if your wrong the reply “I’m not”, as stated before “Despots”.

Clubs need to be sustainable, fans need to realize clubs/owners cant go out and buy players on silly salaries, look at our own Club where Wages were more than turnover, Clubs should look how many fans they have, what income this brings and hire within those means, the social/club/bars/ concessions and advertising giving the rainy day money

The powers that be should be more vigilant at seeing what is really happening in football instead of contenting themselves box ticking and outdated rules.

Why give the super clubs and extra £20m each when that’s like giving your kids an extra 50p in there spends, distribute that money to the lower leagues and you could do so much, with new rules, new financial guidance and make the model work, off course there are unscrupulous owners that need policing but that’s their job not just sit back and let it happen until it’s too late, 5 years in Burys case, the EFL is a car crash waiting to happen and the cracks are showing.

Towns need their Clubs, at all levels, first team, second team, Ladies and youth and Clubs need academies to bring these on, grow our players of tomorrow, Bury Academy was fantastic for the youth, we had an exceptional collective within, this was given no quarter by the EFL, knowing their actions left these kids without a home, after they conspired to remove us THEY NEVER ONCE consulted the Club or offered support to anyone after their destruction, what a governing body that is.

Councils, many with loss making sports facilities, team up with your Clubs work together to benefit the many and without losses, the money from the town can be spent more productively

It there is another lockdown, football as we know it will be finished, many Football Chairman would echo this if they were not concerned at the retribution for speaking out.

Nae luck. :)

Tomorrow will be the first official game for the new Bury AFC team, set up by over 300 volunteer fans.

It is the first round of the FA Cup Vase,
yes i know, we had never had to consider this non league tournament ever before

But it is what it is.

West Didsbury and Chorlton v Bury AFC

The match is a sell out - we sold our 45 ticket allocation, covid and all that.

So we needed to get some more new players signed up today and we have.

For interest, here is the full list
Patrick Carney
Ed Wilcyznski
Callum Bagshaw
Sam Cook
Ben Tinkley
Greg Daniels
Scott Metcalfe
Tommy Lent
James Moore
Kieran Nolan
Bailey Sloane
Matty Williams
Mitch Bryant
Tony Whitehead
George Blackwell
Kristian Holt
Aaron Dwyer
Lewis Gilboy
Liam MacDevitt
Adam McWilliam

So tomorrow is the Big Day for Bury AFC

Tomorrow will be the first official game for the new Bury AFC team, set up by over 300 volunteer fans.

But it is what it is.

Patrick Carney
Ed Wilcyznski
Callum Bagshaw
Sam Cook
Ben Tinkley
Greg Daniels
Scott Metcalfe
Tommy Lent
James Moore
Kieran Nolan
Bailey Sloane
Matty Williams
Mitch Bryant
Tony Whitehead
George Blackwell
Kristian Holt
Aaron Dwyer
Lewis Gilboy
Liam MacDevitt
Adam McWilliam

Hoping this link will work to a better write up of the first ever game for Bury AFC

Vases, shirts and tickets
Admin-September 18, 2020-News-0 Comments
Vases
Tomorrow’s FA Vase game away to West Didsbury and Chorlton is, unsurprisingly for our first competitive game, a sell-out. All ballot winners have been contacted, so commiserations to those who lost out. We received an allocation of 45 tickets. We do not believe it is advisable for us to release the names of those successful given others may try to claim them, and will continue with this policy ongoing. We do use an online system to randomly draw the numbers along with other strategies to ensure fair play.
West Didsbury and Chorlton will be running their own live stream of the game via FaceBook, which you can purchase for $4.99 (approximately £3.85) and access here.
Join Live Stream
There will be a significant presence at the game from the media and various football authorities. Given our desire to persuade them to increase attendance levels once safe to do so, it is important that fans without tickets do not attend, and those in the ground socially distance at all times. We are issuing instructions to those attending separately.
Shirts
Those of you who ordered replica shirts in the first batch of orders before 12th August, can expect to receive them over the next week or so. It has taken longer than expected, with Covid-19 playing its part in that again, but they will be with you soon.
So that we can keep costs down and also offer the widest range of sizes and options, we continue to collect and manufacture orders in batches, which does mean slight delays. If you ordered before 10th September you can expect to receive it 4-5 weeks from that date and we have another cut off date on 1st October if you wish to order before that deadline. We do have an increasing range of kit and leisurewear available via the online shop.
Visit Club Shop
Tickets
We are now setting up ticket sales for the first six home games of the season. As announced last week we will issue all Shakers Community members with an email including two games selected at random for you to purchase tickets for. You will receive advance warning of this so you know when to check your email. Whilst you should purchase as quickly as possible, as tickets will sell out, we believe that this gives everyone a fair chance to purchase tickets. If anyone misses out altogether we will try to give them priority for the next games on sale. We will offer 50 tickets to away fans and should there be any spares, which is likely, these will become available at some point also.
Please bear in mind that there is a good chance that some of these games will be subject to a change of date, due to cup competitions. Your ticket will remain valid for use for the same game on the rearranged date, rather than refunding them and putting them back on sale again.
We are about to begin discussions with the other teams in our league to co-ordinate ticket sales for away games as much as possible, but please remember this is entirely at the discretion of the home team, so we do not have control over ticket numbers or purchasing process.
Due to the capacity limits and huge demand for tickets, managing ticketing has become one of the most time-consuming problems for us, and the most emotive for Bury AFC fans. We are doing everything we can to treat people fairly, and whilst no system is perfect we are working hard to bring you match action, whether it’s at the game, on the radio, via social media, match photos or live streaming.
Not one person is charging a penny for their time for these services, and we are incredibly grateful for every volunteer helping bring football back to Bury.

But it is what it is.

Patrick Carney
Ed Wilcyznski
Callum Bagshaw
Sam Cook
Ben Tinkley
Greg Daniels
Scott Metcalfe
Tommy Lent
James Moore
Kieran Nolan
Bailey Sloane
Matty Williams
Mitch Bryant
Tony Whitehead
George Blackwell
Kristian Holt
Aaron Dwyer
Lewis Gilboy
Liam MacDevitt
Adam McWilliam

That's some squad, looks like you're really going for a quick promotion.
All the best for the game ahead, must be a wee buzz

Playing my local team tomorrow west didsbury and chorlton. Bit of a scenester club full of grown up vegan, remainer, hemp growing students. Although I've had a couple of good drinking sessions at their ground. They have a strange link with St Pauli and I think some but not many idolise the Earl Haigs.Good luck

I`m one of the few lucky Bury fans with a ticket for tomorrows game. Tingling with anticipation, it`s been a while. Thanks for all the support so far. Have a great season.
Not to be flippant but I guess there were times when it seemed unlikely you’d see your team in the flesh again before the vast majority of teams on these islands.
Best of luck tomorrow/ today

Really looking forward to today for the first game for Bury AFC
It is a big first step in the recovery and i wish to thank all of you amazing Gers for taking interest and the fabulous support you have given.
Best of luck for your journey back guys, hats off for the effort getting to this stage. Some of you will be spoken of as club legends when people look back.

Back