Bury FC phoenix club

Got off to a good start
Took a 3-0 lead
Then a bit of excitement as Darwen pulled back 2 goals
But then Tom Greaves completed his hat trick and finished the game with four goals. (He now has 6 goals in two games which is a great start)
So it ended looking comfortable
Good start to the campaign

Glenlivet the night, need to get Cardhu, and the guitar is out, wee drink and I think I'm Clapton
You are a great musician, and i have only seen a snippet
I live near the English Whisky Company, did you know we had one our side of the border

I see the Old Firm
have played each other 421 times in major competitions: Rangers have won 163 matches, lost 159 matches, and 99 ended in a draw.
So it is still all good

You are a great musician, and i have only seen a snippet
I live near the English did you know we had one our side of the border

I see the Old Firm
have played each other 421 times in major competitions: Rangers have won 163 matches, lost 159 matches, and 99 ended in a draw.
So it is still all good
Whats the whisky called never knew you had one to be honest, always looking to try something else

Bury AFC 1 - 2 Prestwich Heys

Got done by an injury time sucker punch goal tonight, although we were fairly quiet

Our first defeat, our first home defeat.
Gets it out of the way

Watched the BBC documentary today. Hope all works out for the Bury fans.
Cheers for that
The good news is Bury AFC now has 1500 members and sold over 1800 shirts (doesnt compare to Rangers selling 30000 shirts in a day, but we are new !)
The embarrasing bit is the old fans association Forever Bury are still trying to pretend they have meaning and have, without consulting their fan base, decided to do a crowd fund only asking for £2.5M and that doesnt buy the ground, they will still have to line chairman dales pockets with rent. Dale is the one who got Bury GC expelled from the English Football League. Anyway after a week they have got about £2.5k
Thank goodness we have Bury AFC playing football

Bury afc are looking for a loan of a Gers flag to put on show if anyone has one

Just to expand on @acousticblue post here, due to Covid restrictions, we can only have 300 fans in the stadium (more than most clubs, I know). What this means is a lot of empty space which we are trying to fill with flags. This will build up over the season, but we would really like a Gers flag to be on display at every home game. If anyone would be kind enough to lend us one, it would be greatly appreciated. I promise I will take good care of any flags that were put in my possession. The two clubs have become good friends over the past couple of years and to have a Gers flag present would be a very welcome addition. Please, if anyone can help, get in touch.
Thanks in advance.

As soon as next month's wages are in, I'll be signing up for a membership. Better late than never!
Thank you, it really is generous of you and it really is appreciated, more so in these crazy covid times.
Hope you enjoy Bury AFC, now we have a team playing games it makes all the difference.

The next fixture should be
Garstang v Bury AFC

NORTH WEST COUNTIES LEAGUE FIRST DIVISION NORTH

OCTOBER 28, 2020, 7:45 PM

Garstang

v

Bury AFC

The Riverside

Fingers crossed it goes ahead

Just to expand on @acousticblue post here, due to Covid restrictions, we can only have 300 fans in the stadium (more than most clubs, I know). What this means is a lot of empty space which we are trying to fill with flags. This will build up over the season, but we would really like a Gers flag to be on display at every home game. If anyone would be kind enough to lend us one, it would be greatly appreciated. I promise I will take good care of any flags that were put in my possession. The two clubs have become good friends over the past couple of years and to have a Gers flag present would be a very welcome addition. Please, if anyone can help, get in touch.
Thanks in advance.
Is there an update Jon on the flags?

The next fixture should be
Garstang v Bury AFC

NORTH WEST COUNTIES LEAGUE FIRST DIVISION NORTH

OCTOBER 28, 2020, 7:45 PM

Garstang

v

Bury AFC

The Riverside

Fingers crossed it goes ahead
Would have been one I would have maybe tried to make if the world had resumed, but you have to beat this Cleator moor when you play

Is there an update Jon on the flags?

Yes! I’m hoping to have a Rangers flag to loan off one of the Bears that goes on the Bury forum. Some other fans have suggested a crowdfunder to get a permanent Rangers/Bury flag which I am on with and have an idea about design which I think will go down well. Watch this space!

Love your great flag commemorating Lee Rigby
Just wanted to let you know that the Lee Rigby Memorial Trophy Bury v Rangers Legends game in July raised funds for the Lee Rigby Foundation, the Rangers Charity Foundation and the Bury Charity Foundation with each getting £1075
A valiant and useful effort, well done all round

I was trying to show this flag as an example of a great Gers flag

I'd like to say a big thank you to @ExiledinEdgeley.
He's sent me a couple of badges and refused to take any payment for them.

I've made a donation to the club instead, but it's a cracking gesture nonetheless from a guy who doesn't know me.
He is a good fan
We may not know each other but you are amazing generous people, football fans and it puts the UK in perspective for me, but you have your great Saltire flag and I have my St Georges flag and we are together on the Union Jack
Thank you soo much for your generosity
You Gers have risen way above any other team in the land

I'd like to say a big thank you to @ExiledinEdgeley.
He's sent me a couple of badges and refused to take any payment for them.

I've made a donation to the club instead, but it's a cracking gesture nonetheless from a guy who doesn't know me.
Nice of you to mention me. And thanks again for the donation to AFC. A lovely gesture.
Rangers have given little ol Bury a welcome lift. It was just my attempt at a little thank you.
If yourself or others ever want any match day souvenirs, more than happy to post them out.

Back