Bury v Tranmere called off as owner Steve Dale turns down new offer for club

rangeral

Bury's match against Tranmere Rovers on Saturday has become the Shakers' sixth game to be suspended, while Steve Dale has rejected an offer to buy the club.

Bury, who could be expelled from the English Football League on Friday, have also been removed from the Carabao Cup.

The EFL has said it is "frustrated at the lack of progress" made as it seeks evidence that Bury can pay creditors and have funding for the season ahead.

Owner Dale is believed to have refused an offer made by a former chairman.

It is understood the offer would have secured the survival of the League One outfit, with the ex-chairman told that Dale believes he can get a better offer.

The EFL have also confirmed that if Bury are expelled, the League One season will be completed with 23 teams, with the number of relegation places reduced to three.

It added that it remains in "regular communication" with Dale but that "if a solution is not found by the deadline, the board will authorise the necessary share transfer on behalf of Bury FC which shall be legally binding on all parties and result, regretfully, in the club no longer being a member of the League".

If Bury are removed from the league, the EFL says the club "would then be free to make an application to the Football Association to rejoin league competition further down the English football pyramid from season 2020-21".

Bury staff issued a statement on 12 August which "implored" Dale to accept an offer for the club, who are yet to play a competitive fixture this season.

They have had five successive League One fixtures suspended, while their withdrawal from the Carabao Cup means Sheffield Wednesday have received a bye to the second round, when they will play Rotherham United.

The 134-year-old Shakers have already been given a 12-point deduction for the season after entering into a company voluntary arrangement (CVA) - which is classed as an insolvency event by the EFL - to try to clear some of their debts.

Bury saw a winding-up petition against them dismissed by the High Court on 31 July, while Dale claimed the EFL was "working against" them.

So sad to see this happen to a club. We know all to well the lows of these things. I really hope Bury see this through. Their owner sounds like a right dick! Also, that “CVA” still gives me shudders

I wish someone would explain to me how this is allowed to happen

He is a crook who is destroying over 130 years of history.

I hope a Bury fan gets his hands on him and kicks seven shades of shit out if him

Have any of the teams that are losing a home game came out and spoke about this? Surely teams budget for x amount of games per season and really could be doing without this?

Looking more and more likely Bury will go to the wall and Bolton may not be far behind them.

He also wants any new owner to compensate his familys feelings. He has no intention of handing over. Havent a clue what his end game is!

I wish someone would explain to me how this is allowed to happen

He is a crook who is destroying over 130 years of history.

I hope a Bury fan gets his hands on him and kicks seven shades of shit out if him
Don't know how its been allowed to happen but he isn't destroying 130 years of history, their history will continue in some shape or form in some other league(probably) I for one hope that they get everything resolved and as far as the chairman ,as others have said needs a right good kick in the chuckies.

Rarely listen to Talk sport but tuned in on Friday as I was in the car (Jim White) and he phoned up.

God he was a bellend and reminded me so much of Charles Green.

The club are gubbed, he has no intention of selling to anyone unless it's a mega offer. He is wanting them to go to the wall, he wants the stadium and land to build houses on. He is using them and they are out come Friday.

I feel for the fans, must be devastating seeing this happen, it was bad for us the years of turmoil but this is well beyond what we went through.

Rarely listen to Talk sport but tuned in on Friday as I was in the car (Jim White) and he phoned up.

God he was a bellend and reminded me so much of Charles Green.

The club are gubbed, he has no intention of selling to anyone unless it's a mega offer. He is wanting them to go to the wall, he wants the stadium and land to build houses on. He is using them and they are out come Friday.

I feel for the fans, must be devastating seeing this happen, it was bad for us the years of turmoil but this is well beyond what we went through.
The FA have failed the club here it feels.

Also in regards to cancer, I really don't believe him. He has lied every chance he can, and it wouldn't surprise me if it's an excuse to by more time with the EFL etc.

If he doesn't prove he has the money they get shut down on Friday do they not?

What a fucking prick of a man.

We know better than any what those fans must be going through right now. The footage of the man in his 70s the other day was heartbreaking.

Football clubs should be protected from this nonsense. The FA should be intervening here ffs.

Bury's match against Tranmere Rovers on Saturday has become the Shakers' sixth game to be suspended, while Steve Dale has rejected an offer to buy the club.

Bury, who could be expelled from the English Football League on Friday, have also been removed from the Carabao Cup.

The EFL has said it is "frustrated at the lack of progress" made as it seeks evidence that Bury can pay creditors and have funding for the season ahead.

Owner Dale is believed to have refused an offer made by a former chairman.

It is understood the offer would have secured the survival of the League One outfit, with the ex-chairman told that Dale believes he can get a better offer.

The EFL have also confirmed that if Bury are expelled, the League One season will be completed with 23 teams, with the number of relegation places reduced to three.

It added that it remains in "regular communication" with Dale but that "if a solution is not found by the deadline, the board will authorise the necessary share transfer on behalf of Bury FC which shall be legally binding on all parties and result, regretfully, in the club no longer being a member of the League".

If Bury are removed from the league, the EFL says the club "would then be free to make an application to the Football Association to rejoin league competition further down the English football pyramid from season 2020-21".

Bury staff issued a statement on 12 August which "implored" Dale to accept an offer for the club, who are yet to play a competitive fixture this season.

They have had five successive League One fixtures suspended, while their withdrawal from the Carabao Cup means Sheffield Wednesday have received a bye to the second round, when they will play Rotherham United.

The 134-year-old Shakers have already been given a 12-point deduction for the season after entering into a company voluntary arrangement (CVA) - which is classed as an insolvency event by the EFL - to try to clear some of their debts.

Bury saw a winding-up petition against them dismissed by the High Court on 31 July, while Dale claimed the EFL was "working against" them.

Not only "could" Bury be expelled - they should be. Missing 6 matches is a complete travesty.

He's a lady's front bottom.

Simon Jordan tore him to shreds, he couldn't even follow Jordan's chat re: CVAs, unsecured creditors etc.

He was also having an argument on air with the Club Captain, essentially calling him a liar. The Club Captain had said he was close to losing his home.

I wish nothing but ill on him. He's a financial vulture.

Personally I think he wants the land to sell to property developers.

Guy is a scumbag.

I heard last night that the PFA are paying 50% of the players wages at the moment which is a small comfort to the players but no excuse for this parasite acting the way he is.

He's a cvnt.

Played the good guy on the radio a few weeks back, played the sympathy card as he's got cancer, was everyone else's fault bar his

Now he's been found out, just another spiv that should fuk off out of football

What a clown, as a previous poster has said he must be after the land. Oyston and Blackpool was another one who tried his best to destroy the club but thankfully they managed to get rid of him.

Can’t see either Bury or Bolton survive this unfortunately and they will only be the tip of the iceberg I think.

Sounds like he and the cancer are well suited together.

The EFL are an utter disgrace here. How did they let this lady's front bottom get in charge in the first place? Everything possible needs to be done to ensure Bury survive.

Also in regards to cancer, I really don't believe him. He has lied every chance he can, and it wouldn't surprise me if it's an excuse to by more time with the EFL etc.
Been thinking the same myself mate. Said that on Talk sport a few weeks back,but everything I've heard from him since has been absolute bull.
For a man who has terminal cancer he keeps saying how him and others are working 20 hours a day to save the club. Not buying it.
He got the club for a pound and basically wants at least 5 million for it.
If the club goes down the people down there should put pressure on the council and any future developers to give him %^*& all.

Who's he going to sell it to? Some foreign billionaire? Bury are a small town club they'll never be a big club. They're a small town community club but their history and value to that town is worth a lot more than a few flats built on that ground. Clubs like Bury with 100 odd years of history are what makes English football - and Scottish football - special - what they mean to people and communities cant be overstated and the FA and the government shouldnt be allowing this kind of thing to happen. If they do go out of business and form a phoenix club, or go out the league, we should go down for a friendly and chuck a few quid their way.

if you have any serious medical issue the one thing you should be concentrating on is your health anything giving you hassle forget it move on hope the local council puts the boot in and makes the ground only for sporting purposes

Back