Buses Running To Warsaw

Im still traumatised by Parma away in 1998

30 hours from Ayr
No 1 Platoon on repeat for 4 days
Bog flooded before we crossed the border
Warm beer
The queue at the services for a shite
The cunty Italian polis who shut all the pubs and banned drinking on the streets.

Never been so glad to see home again.

Used to be my regular way of going years back some long trips over the time. Katowice. Red Star. Athens. Porto. Lisbon. Valencia... Seville was the last one i did... Levski Sofia was the worst I done left Glasgow 11pm Saturday back following Saturday just in time for kick off at Starks Park.

Speaking to lads in the square in Luxembourg who done the bus trip there and they were burst. Never mind adding another 48 hours to that.

What's the furthest a supporters' bus has been. I've heard stories of Belgrade, which sounded horrific, especially seeing as we were humped 3-0. Sofia or Bucharest maybe?
Yep, heard stories of the Belgrade trip, the one under Souness. Apparently left on the Saturday after the domestic game and got to Belgrade on the Wednesday. One can only imagine the carnage. Would be like a stag do going and a funeral coming back.

First trip was Gothenburg with kp how I went back a dozen times il never know. You could write a book about what went on particularly the ferry where shoplifting seemed to be a badge of honour for some.

Went to Tampere Finland on the Nithsdale bus (plus boats).
Left Saturday straight after game v sheep, I think, got back the following Saturday straight to Tynecastle half way through the game.
I only went to break my duck, had been to 8 previous Europeàn aways and hadn't even seen us score a goal.
Tampere were pure pish at Ibrox and I thought we were certs to at least score, got pumped two nil!

The number 53 bus leaves every 30 mins from Birmingham New Street to Warsaw Bus station.

giphy.gif

Done Italy for my first trip by bus. Never ever again. If I leave this island it’s by plane. Torture on the way back, 15 hours in and knowing you’re not even half way. Can’t sleep because it’s so fucking uncomfortable. Pissing in empty bottles because the toilet was fucked before England. Warm lager. Hungover. The Thornlie Boys on repeat. Stressed out thinking about it.

Did a bus trip from Glasgow to Rimini, took over 30 hours to get there, I was a young teenager, I remember the parents and adults opening the cans at 6am as the bus pulled out of Buchanan Street bus station, the 'chhssssk' noise as the Tennents are opened, bogs over flowing by the time you hit London.

My point, that's been it. Never, ever again.

What's the furthest a supporters' bus has been. I've heard stories of Belgrade, which sounded horrific, especially seeing as we were humped 3-0. Sofia or Bucharest maybe?
Done Belgrade on the bus absolute nightmare,arrived to be met by plod telling us not to leave bus a they could not guarantee our safety.Athens is possibly the furthest a bus has been.

Done a few trips by bus - Monaco, Kaiserslautern, Maribor (2001), Feyenoord

Cheap but character building I would say

The amount of RSC running buses back in the day was amazing

With cheap flights etc plus the Travel Club starting it kind of killed it

Maribor was with Kinning Park, Bill Leckie slagged it off in his column in the Sun for taking bus load of fans across Europe in the middle of the summer prick

The other 3 with Shettleston Loyal,

Back