Buying Games on RTV

MacGyver

Hi all,

Sorry if it’s been covered, I couldn’t see it anywhere.

I’m in Australia and I’ve bought the £60 RTV package which gives access but doesn’t give live games as with the time difference I’d not be able to watch many live anyway. I assumed the ones I’d be able to watch, like tonight’s one against the sheep, I’d be able to buy individually. I can’t see that option on RTV.

Anyone know if there is an option or am I stuck unless I pay the £240 option?

cheers.

Go to the Buy & Subscribe tab. That’s how you buy individual games as well. Should be an option on there alongside the Unlimited (overseas) option you see.

@Valley Bluenose Do you know if you can have multiple devices logged into the 1 RTV account.

Looking to share it with my old man?

Now there's a question ha ha.

The Ts & Cs say you can only be logged in on one device at a time. However, in the past when I've been 'problem solving' I have been logged in on multiple devices with no issue.

Word of warning though, there was a poster on here about two weeks ago who said he'd been logged in on two devices and, as a consequence, his account was locked. Taking him at his word there would clearly then be a risk. Maybe they are looking to clamp down given increased numbers during the VST period?

Now there's a question ha ha.

The Ts & Cs say you can only be logged in on one device at a time. However, in the past when I've been 'problem solving' I have been logged in on multiple devices with no issue.

Word of warning though, there was a poster on here about two weeks ago who said he'd been logged in on two devices and, as a consequence, his account was locked. Taking him at his word there would clearly then be a risk. Maybe they are looking to clamp down given increased numbers during the VST period?

Ooft, can't be risking the legacy price so he's on his own. :D

Ooft, can't be risking the legacy price so he's on his own. :D

Its a tough one. As I say I've never had a problem - and was genuinely logged in on multiple devices trying help folk with iPads etc whereas I use a desktop - but these are different times, and a new provider. I'm not sure I'd take the risk now either.

I think you can be logged in at the one time on multiple devices but you can’t be watching videos at the same time.

I have to agree. It is pathetic to navigate. The fact that you cant log in to your account from home page of main site is shocking
Frustrating to the point I no longer bother with it and instead rely on other streams meaning Rangers miss out (despite me being in UK and using a VPN). As for not being able to log on from the home page, that's just rude.

Tried that only shows the yearly available

Provided you are overseas or have your VPN on then the Buy and Subscribe tab should offer you today's game plus a variety of 3 subscriptions. If you are not seeing that then either you are neither overseas/on a VPN - or you've forgotten to refresh the page after you turned the VPN on.

The Live Video button is now active by the way - and you can also buy the match from there at this stage - but its only the placeholder page that's streaming for now. Moving pictures about 15 minutes before kick-off normally.

You are either not overseas or don't have your VPN on. Are you mistakenly thinking this is part of the VST package?

I'm in Australia genuinely. I logged in as I always do. Nothing to do with VST. I could listen to audio feed but video would not kick in.

I'm in Australia genuinely. I logged in as I always do. Nothing to do with VST. I could listen to audio feed but video would not kick in.

That's weird then. Only reports I've ever read of that are not being overseas/VPN. I assume you do have the Unlimited subscription or bought the match on PPV? If so, fire off a complaint.

When you go to the Buy and Subscribe tab does it offer you the overseas options out of interest?

Frustrating to the point I no longer bother with it and instead rely on other streams meaning Rangers miss out (despite me being in UK and using a VPN). As for not being able to log on from the home page, that's just rude.

Im the same though I do still pay the monthly subscription. I managed to log on today after about 5 attempts then settled down to watch the game on an illegal stream as its far more reliable. When I checked my mobile RTV wasnt working. Message said it was an unauthorised country even though I was using a VPN.

A friend tells me he can get a set top box for me that has everything for a one off payment of £200.

I had all sorts of issues too when I lived in Oz. People said it was my equipment despite me having unlimited wi fi and a new Sony smart tv. I was paying the full monthly subscription. Tried contacting support. Waste of time. You'll need to have patience and wait until they make things easier to manage.

I bought todays' live game to watch on Thursday ( not watch on Thursday)and could only lisen to the feckin thing, RTV are shit since the messed about with it, no problems lat season with it.

Couple of questions. Excuse me if they seem obvious. You were on the RangersTV website and not the 'live' website I assume? You are either overseas or using a VPN to appear overseas? What do you see when you click on the Buy and Subscribe tab - does it list the unlimited option at £240? And, finally, if you login and then go to Account does it show in there that you purchased the match?

As always, I had absolutely no issues today. However, you're the second poster to mention this 'audio only' issue so I'm intrigued.

Last edited:
I had all sorts of issues too when I lived in Oz. People said it was my equipment despite me having unlimited wi fi and a new Sony smart tv. I was paying the full monthly subscription. Tried contacting support. Waste of time. You'll need to have patience and wait until they make things easier to manage.

... do I detect a common denominator :oops::cool:

... do I detect a common denominator :oops::cool:

Problem solved. Im getting a magic box installed tomorrow. It costs £200 but I can cancel all subscriptions. That will save me about £43 per month.

Its a shame but RTV just isn't worth the hassle for me.

Problem solved. Im getting a magic box installed tomorrow. It costs £200 but I can cancel all subscriptions. That will save me about £43 per month.

Its a shame but RTV just isn't worth the hassle for me.

Little do you know your RTV issues/problems are only the start - boxes/sticks have a whole new universe to to explore ... and get lost in :oops::eek:.
You'll soon find out if your WiFi is up to snuff.
Best of British to you mate :))

Bought the game for 9.99 GBP on my phone and navigating the site was a nightmare AS USUAL.
Eventually got round to logging in 5 times and getting to see tha game after it had started

Bought the game for 9.99 GBP on my phone and navigating the site was a nightmare AS USUAL.
Eventually got round to logging in 5 times and getting to see tha game after it had started

Bookmark this site.

Use the Subscribe and Buy tab to purchase the game (obviously).

Use the Live tab to find the match stream (obviously).

I‘m not sure what’s so difficult to navigate.

Last edited:
@Valley Bluenose

So following on from earlier....

I was watching on Bein sports through Foxtel. Bein lost the feed midway through 2nd half so I jumped onto RTV as I have a long running subscription and watch the home games through it.

Went to https://tv.rangers.co.uk/
Logged in.
Clicked on Live
Selected the Live Video feed....wouldn't open anything.
Selected the Live Audio feed....worked fine.

I am genuinely in Oz. No VPN required etc. Use Mozilla Firefox browser. Always worked before.

Gone back in just now, can watch the game 'as live' or highlights etc. All works ok.

@Valley Bluenose

So following on from earlier....

I was watching on Bein sports through Foxtel. Bein lost the feed midway through 2nd half so I jumped onto RTV as I have a long running subscription and watch the home games through it.

Went to https://tv.Rangers.co.uk/
Logged in.
Clicked on Live
Selected the Live Video feed....wouldn't open anything.
Selected the Live Audio feed....worked fine.

I am genuinely in Oz. No VPN required etc. Use Mozilla Firefox browser. Always worked before.

Gone back in just now, can watch the game 'as live' or highlights etc. All works ok.

That’s extremely puzzling. You said you purchased the game and also that you have a subscription. It’s therefore, obviously, not the Unlimited overseas subscription that comes with the live games.

You didn’t say what it shows when you sign in and go to Account. From what you have described it should show your monthly or annual Standard package (no live games). If you purchased the game successfully it should also list that purchase under there as well. If it’s listed - and the payment has been taken by your bank - email the guys below and you will get a refund. If it’s not listed then the purchase didn’t go through for some reason and you shouldn't see it deducted by your bank. Good Luck.

rangerstvsupport@streamamg.com

That’s extremely puzzling. You said you purchased the game and also that you have a subscription. It’s therefore, obviously, not the Unlimited overseas subscription that comes with the live games.

You didn’t say what it shows when you sign in and go to Account. From what you have described it should show your monthly or annual Standard package (no live games). If you purchased the game successfully it should also list that purchase under there as well. If it’s listed - and the payment has been taken by your bank - email the guys below and you will get a refund. If it’s not listed then the purchase didn’t go through for some reason and you shouldn't see it deducted by your bank. Good Luck.

rangerstvsupport@streamamg.com

Thanks for reply. I think Ive not made myself clear. I didn't purchase the game again. I have a monthly overseas subscription so no need to purchase it again. I have unlimited access 17.25 per month

However, I couldn't watch the game as live last night.

Not sure where I am going wrong. Feel totally confused now.

Thanks for reply. I think Ive not made myself clear. I didn't purchase the game again. I have a monthly overseas subscription so no need to purchase it again. I have unlimited access 17.25 per month

However, I couldn't watch the game as live last night.

Not sure where I am going wrong. Feel totally confused now.

Ah right, gotcha. Thought you said you’d bought the game. It’s me that’s confused mate.

So, if I have it right this time, it’s not that you couldn’t watch the game live, it’s that you couldn’t watch the game ’as live’ a bit later in the day. There were a few complaints after the friendly matches that they weren’t uploaded when they should have been. Out of interest I went checking yesterday and was able to access the full match stream at around 1700hrs UK time when I went to look. I accessed it via the ‘Latest’ tab. No idea how that fits with your local timings.

Ah right, gotcha. Thought you said you’d bought the game. It’s me that’s confused mate.

So, if I have it right this time, it’s not that you couldn’t watch the game live, it’s that you couldn’t watch the game ’as live’ a bit later in the day. There were a few complaints after the friendly matches that they weren’t uploaded when they should have been. Out of interest I went checking yesterday and was able to access the full match stream at around 1700hrs UK time when I went to look. I accessed it via the ‘Latest’ tab. No idea how that fits with your local timings.

Not quite. I was watching the game live through my local Bein sports but the feed went wonky. So I jumped on my laptop to watch it live through RTV. And thats where the issue is.

I could watch it later so no problems in that regard. The issue is solely that I couldn't get the video going when it was live...just the audio.

Not quite. I was watching the game live through my local Bein sports but the feed went wonky. So I jumped on my laptop to watch it live through RTV. And thats where the issue is.

I could watch it later so no problems in that regard. The issue is solely that I couldn't get the video going when it was live...just the audio.

Strange. Caught my eye because two posters have mentioned it. I logged in at around 1000hrs UK and only the greyed out Live Audio button was there. Refreshed the screen at around 1140hrs and the Live Video button appeared and was in red as expected.

Sounds daft, but just check your Account and make sure your monthly sub is still being taken. We’ve had a few say it’s stopped for absolutely no reason and others who’s linked cards have expired. The fact you can watch the later footage suggests it’s not that though.

Strange. Caught my eye because two posters have mentioned it. I logged in at around 1000hrs UK and only the greyed out Live Audio button was there. Refreshed the screen at around 1140hrs and the Live Video button appeared and was in red as expected.

Sounds daft, but just check your Account and make sure your monthly sub is still being taken. We’ve had a few say it’s stopped for absolutely no reason and others who’s linked cards have expired. The fact you can watch the later footage suggests it’s not that though.

Yeah mate I checked that already. It is coming out monthly regular as clockwork. It was about midway though the 2nd half when I tried to jump on RTV. Live option was available to be clicked on but just wouldn't start the feed. Audio was working.

Back