Buying Rangers TV

Iloverangers87

I was about to purchase the annual subscription and noticed it says “does not include live video”.

Do you have to pay for games over and above it?

The international rangers unlimited is 240 for the year. You need to be out of the country (vpn) for matches but you'll get all home and away league plus possibly some cup games.

I think you need to use a vpn to order it or the option doesn't show up to buy it. You can be based in the UK to pay for it etc, just need to be elsewhere to watch games.

The £6/month option does not include live games.
The £24/month / £240 annual option does (except European games that after tomorrow RTV won't hold the rights to).

I was about to purchase the annual subscription and noticed it says “does not include live video”.

Do you have to pay for games over and above it?
You didn't think you were getting all lives games for £6 a month/£60 a year did you? Surely not.

You need either the £24 a month or £240 a year overseas options it you want any live matches. The UK subs simply give you access to the video footage, full match re-runs, highlights, Away Days, Inside Ibrox, Training vids etc - which is well worth it by the way - you just don't get the matches 'live'.

Valley Bluenose, for the1st time I used a VPN on Saturday for the Kilmarnock game and used the 3 day package option. I had expected this to expire yesterday (Monday), however, when I logged in this morning (via VPN) it is still live? The question is will it still be live for the game tonight? :D
Thanks in advance

Valley Bluenose, for the1st time I used a VPN on Saturday for the Kilmarnock game and used the 3 day package option. I had expected this to expire yesterday (Monday), however, when I logged in this morning (via VPN) it is still live? The question is will it still be live for the game tonight? :D
Thanks in advance

It will expire 72 hours after you bought it, so before tonight’s game, unfortunately

Thanks in advance
Unfortunately not mate. The 3 day Unlimited Pass when offered runs for 72 hours from time of purchase. So, if you bought at lunchtime on Saturday it will expire around lunchtime today.

Unfortunately not mate. The 3 day Unlimited Pass when offered runs for 72 hours from time of purchase. So, if you bought at lunchtime on Saturday it will expire around lunchtime today.
That's fine Valley, I kinda guessed that, but thanks for confirming. I'm happy to pay for or game tonight. :))

You didn't think you were getting all lives games for £6 a month/£60 a year did you? Surely not.

You need either the £24 a month or £240 a year overseas options it you want any live matches. The UK subs simply give you access to the video footage, full match re-runs, highlights, Away Days, Inside Ibrox, Training vids etc - which is well worth it by the way - you just don't get the matches 'live'.
Is £24 a month still an option when I went on I could only see annual

I live abroad but currently in UK.
Will the £240 overseas subscription cover me to watch in the UK tonight ?

Can anyone tell me how to get this on my telly tonight? I want to buy the game rather than rely on other options

Are people getting a point for buying the link tonight?

Can anyone tell me how to get this on my telly tonight? I want to buy the game rather than rely on other options
You can purchase the match on any device you like, via the RangersTV website (you cannot purchase via the App). Where you choose to watch it is up to you, it doesn't have to be the same device on which you purchased it.

I would NEVER recommend watching it via your TV browser though. Just too variable. If you have a fairly new TV you might be lucky and the TV copes with it no problem. Older devices will almost certainly struggle. Best way to view via a big screen is to hook up a laptop with the game on it via HDMI cable to the TV. Failing that then viewing via a laptop or desktop is the way to go unless you want to try casting or screen mirroring, which probably isn't advisable if you haven't tried it before.

More detailed advice in the OP of this thread:

can i buy this game tonight on RTV if i'm based in scotland - been trying for ages this morning but having no luck - whenever i enter my bank details it just keeps taking me back to the same page !!!

can i buy this game tonight on RTV if i'm based in scotland - been trying for ages this morning but having no luck - whenever i enter my bank details it just keeps taking me back to the same page !!!
What device are you trying to purchase on? If a mobile then try on something else. If on something else then try via mobile. Its a bit hit or miss. Do NOT login before trying to purchase - the buying process will take you through login.

What device are you trying to purchase on? If a mobile then try on something else. If on something else then try via mobile. Its a bit hit or miss. Do NOT login before trying to purchase - the buying process will take you through login.
my laptop so i can HDMI it up to the big tele

my laptop so i can HDMI it up to the big tele
Weird one, though I've seen it reported a couple of times. As suggested above try logging out, clear cache/cookies then try purchasing and entering your credit card details again mate. If still struggling then maybe try a different card if possible.

Way to check if your purchase has gone through is to login to RTV website, click on the wee man icon, select RTV Account from the drop down menu and the game will be listed under Active Subscriptions once your payment has registered.

Weird one, though I've seen it reported a couple of times. As suggested above try logging out, clear cache/cookies then try purchasing and entering your credit card details again mate. If still struggling then maybe try a different card if possible.

Way to check if your purchase has gone through is to login to RTV website, click on the wee man icon, select RTV Account from the drop down menu and the game will be listed under Active Subscriptions once your payment has registered.
i will try the above

many thanks for all your advice on this mate...its appreciated.

The international rangers unlimited is 240 for the year. You need to be out of the country (vpn) for matches but you'll get all home and away league plus possibly some cup games.

I think you need to use a vpn to order it or the option doesn't show up to buy it. You can be based in the UK to pay for it etc, just need to be elsewhere to watch games.
Website online where you change your vpn so as it looks like you are out of the country and get the games live.Unfortunately I can't remember it now, been a few years.Sure if you hunt for it online you'll find it......

You can purchase the match on any device you like, via the RangersTV website (you cannot purchase via the App). Where you choose to watch it is up to you, it doesn't have to be the same device on which you purchased it.

I would NEVER recommend watching it via your TV browser though. Just too variable. If you have a fairly new TV you might be lucky and the TV copes with it no problem. Older devices will almost certainly struggle. Best way to view via a big screen is to hook up a laptop with the game on it via HDMI cable to the TV. Failing that then viewing via a laptop or desktop is the way to go unless you want to try casting or screen mirroring, which probably isn't advisable if you haven't tried it before.

I watch every away game I don't get a ticket for using the TV Bro browser on my firestick, previously used the Silk browser, but prefer TV Bro. The navigation to getting to the match video is clunky, involving holding middle button on firestick remote and up arrow on remote to get rid of the dreaded "white bar..." But having done it so many times I accept it as part of getting to watch the away games.

Unable to use my work laptop as not able to install NordVPN, so the solution above suits me.

Can it be streamed on 2 devices at the same time once I’ve purchased it

Would Chromecast work mate?

Would Chromecast work mate?
As you will see from some of the posts towards the end of the thread I linked, many are having problems using Chromecast.

As far as I can tell, you can't do it from an Apple device. It might work on an Android device or it might not.:( Another option would be casting a tab in Google Chrome using the Google Home App. Casting or screen mirroring isn't my thing though so you'd need to search for advice on that.

Could try that out using some of the videos on RangersTV if you already have a Standard subscription or try Chromecasting the link below, which is last week's Preview Show and is available from RangersTV for free. At least then you'd have an idea if it is going to work:

EDIT: If link doesn't take you straight to the necessary page then go to RangersTV and scroll down to RangersTV Latest. Expand the All Videos tab on the right hand side of the page. Go to Page 5 and the Preview Show will be listed there and is viewable without logging in.

Last edited:
Chromecast boxes connect to your home network so doesn't like the VPN, however if you use Opera browser with the built in VPN then you can cast the device if using an andriod phone or device.
I think @Fernando26 is asking for tonight's game only so the VPN angle wouldn't come into it mate.

I've seen so many posts recently about problems casting though. From what you say you've been able to get it to work though - from Android to Chromecast? Fancy doing a very short guide for those trying it for the first time tonight? Is it simply using the cast icon from the RTV website or do you need the App? Do you need to cast a tab using Google Home?

Are you sure? purchased the 3 day unlimited pass on Saturday at 1pm. I got 3 promo video coming up for tonight game and no subscribe button.

Are you sure? purchased the 3 day unlimited pass on Saturday at 1pm. I got 3 promo video coming up for tonight game and no subscribe button.
Had it confirmed to me in an email from Support a couple of years ago mate. When you think about it, it would be madness for Rangers to basically give you tonight’s game for free.

What’s the promo video you refer to by the way? EDIT: I see you mean the 3 videos listed under the match. Can always gamble and hope it stays live but be prepared to have to make a quick purchase at the last minute.

Last edited:
I think @Fernando26 is asking for tonight's game only so the VPN angle wouldn't come into it mate.

I've seen so many posts recently about problems casting though. From what you say you've been able to get it to work though - from Android to Chromecast? Fancy doing a very short guide for those trying it for the first time tonight? Is it simply using the cast icon from the RTV website or do you need the App? Do you need to cast a tab using Google Home?
What I've found is my android has a cast option in settings which casts the whole device which if you are using a built in VPN inside Opera then it's Ok.
But if I use Chrome and a VPN app then it won't cast.
What I've not got round to doing is ordering a micro USB to HDMI cable to get round that.
The Chromecast needs your device to remain with an IP address on your local WiFi network otherwise the connection drops as soon as you activate the VPN.
That's my best effort.

Back