Buying Tickets from a Tout

Skyy Bluenose

How common is this for Rangers games? Here in the U.S. if you're willing to pay, you can get tickets to pretty much any event. I have a trip planned for next season in what will be League Cup semi-final weekend. Obviously my preference would be to get a couple of tickets for the game through normal channels, but in case I wasn't able, are there ticket resale services.

I know marking-up tickets to a fellow Bear is and should be frowned upon. This option would be in case of emergency only.

How common is this for Rangers games? Here in the U.S. if you're willing to pay, you can get tickets to pretty much any event. I have a trip planned for next season in what will be League Cup semi-final weekend. Obviously my preference would be to get a couple of tickets for the game through normal channels, but in case I wasn't able, are there ticket resale services.

I know marking-up tickets to a fellow Bear is and should be frowned upon. This option would be in case of emergency only.
Who are we playing mate so I can have a punt on the round before? I’m

Not very common at all, Rangers fans are genuine supporters and no genuine supporter would profit off of another supporter. The club also ban anyone trying to sell tickets over face value. You'll be able to get one easily.

Last edited:

There's Facebook groups such as Glasgow Rangers Spare Tickets and Rangers Tickets etc. That's where a lot are, you can then know that someone will have a ticket. Do not send money over the internet but meet them in person. They'll be spares for Cup games, hardest is for games against them. Do not pay anything over face value.

I went to watch Spurs v Liverpool in 1989 and paid a tout 20 quid for a ticket.
I was desperate to get into the game and happily paid it.
Nowadays the touts are just a rip off shower of cunts who will get what they want from Japanese tourists.
I appreciate they always had a mark up but nothing like they have nowadays

For the UEFA cup final in Manchester, I didn’t get a ticket due to being 16 y/o and still under high school exams (was a season ticket holder etc). Reluctantly bought a ticket off a tout (well, my parents did)... £700 for 2. My dad sold his own one.

I’m sure if it’s a one off trip from the USA, somebody will sort you out (should we be in the semi final). Rangers fans help each other, the only problem would be if it was against the Mhanks.

Even for a game against them the exchange square hospitality is easily obtained. Dear though.

Appreciate it. Not a fan of others profiting at the expense of real fans.

It is a one-off trip. We're actually in London the week before for the NFL game, but when I noticed it was LC semi weekend, I quickly promised the wife a trip to Stirling Castle. ;)

Was at a cup final in the late 80s and saw a guy who was trying to sell a ticket to a guy for double the face value, get a kicking from a few bears in earshot and the ticket taken off him and given to the buyer, who ironically was willing to pay the asking price

I had a spare once for a semi final against the bheasts and held it up walking to Hampden, two guys dressed in scarfs ran at me and the first offered £35 (face value) and the 2nd guy offered £100. I sold it to the first guy at face value and was on my way with a clear conscience. Unbeknown to me the guy who bought it for £35 sold it to the 2nd guy who appeared in the seat next to me not long after!

As much as I dislike touts, if they are genuine bears trying to help out then they are due a mark up on face value for their troubles, albeit it should not be a pìss take.

I know it's not helpful, but I read the title to the tune of "Pulling Mussels from a Shell" by Squeeze.

My ex Secretary who is Liverpool daft, paid £5000 for their champions league final in Turkey. That was from ticket website.
I told her, "I must be paying you too much".lol.

I’ve noticed there’s been a massive amount of folk you are seeing being scammed for tickets on Facebook pages this season folk sending money to a random claiming to have tickets for whatever game and them being a no show.

Only ever done it when buying tickets for rangers away to rapid Vienna. You should be able to get tickets for most games here without using touts.

Have had to use Viagogo a couple of times, horrible company but just had to. £140 for Bayern v Dortmund, I had to collect a season ticket card worth around £350 from a Hotel in Munich, leave my passport and then drop it off after he match. A couple of days later I accidentally got an email intended for the owner of the season ticket - it listed the matches he had sold the ticket for that season so far and how much they owed him - were about 7 and they owed him around 700 euros.

Done it for gigs but never had to for football, thankfully. For me, the network of fans who move tickets on for FV is one of the best things about our community.

If im allocated a ticket and offshore at the time you can have mine.

nope cunts should be knocked out if ripping people off, there was one in the subway entrance selling tickets for well over he got called everything and one bear said your lucky you have so many police around you.

Me and my mate tried to get tickets off this fat %^*& for Scottish cup final about 30 years ago. The tickets were only about £8 if I remember rightly. Anyway me and my mate offered this tout about £20 for the two he had. He just laughed and asked for way more. While I was arguing with him my mate ripped them out his hand and pegged it and I swiftly followed. Free cup final tickets. In your face you fat %^*&

Me and my mate tried to get tickets off this fat %^*& for Scottish cup final about 30 years ago. The tickets were only about £8 if I remember rightly. Anyway me and my mate offered this tout about £20 for the two he had. He just laughed and asked for way more. While I was arguing with him my mate ripped them out his hand and pegged it and I swiftly followed. Free cup final tickets. In your face you fat %^*&
Seen that happen at the corner of the louden don’t know what the guy was asking but the boy grabbed ticket and was off

Back