By the true speed of an arrow, its follow we will.

A bit of an angle off it, but I'd like to nominate the worst football song ever.

Game was the last time I seen Davie Cooper. We had no game so I attended St Mirren and Clydebank. Why? Because Davie Cooper.

Coop came off the bench in the second half. Sod all of interest in the game itself. 0-0.

Anyway, do you remember that f*cking awful Crocodile Shoes thing by Jimmy Nail?

Jimmy Bone shoes, Jimmy Bone shoes... (and it went on and on and on for about 5 minutes)

Funny how a St Mirren/Clydebank 0-0 draw can be so special. I seen my hero one last time and it'll live with me forever, but I'd never forget something so laughably bad as Jimmy Bone Shoes either.

Misheard football song lyrics, either heard or sung??

Time to fess up, or grass a mate.

Lets see what was misheard/belted out.

Ill start.

"Three lions on a shirt, jewels remain still gleaming"
I remember in primary school a wee guy who’s dad was a huge fan. The wee fella would sing the songs he heard his dad sing ...and I used to wonder what the hell a “Tazieyooth” was....coz apparently his father used to wear one!!!!

Ill start.

I actually thought that until about 5 years ago.

Ill start.

This is the greatest thread in the history of football message boards:

The OP has me in stitches here genuinely did spit my coffee out , “ by the true speed of an arrow “ ffs B-DB-DB-D it actually fits perfectly as well !

try the words of derrys walls .
i ve mentioned this loads of times on here and never aknowledged at all because shamefully we have 50k inside Ibrox and most are guilty of that one .shame shame .
i refuse to partake ......surrender or you'll die :oops:wtf, thats only one part of it too
big screens maybe:))
Correct it’s not even close to the real words and I think 90% of us sing the wrong ones . “ surrender or you’ll die ..... die , die !!” On what planet is that close to “ and come when duty calls “ a glaring example of our fans never ending desire to add extra words to perfect songs when they aren’t needed .

About 46 years ago when I was about 8 I remember a VERY rare occasion when our neighbours from upstairs popped into our house for a late night drink after coming home from the pub and he was a right practicing shettleston though his wife used to be one of us. Anyhow his wife was steaming, first time ever possibly, and as she gets worse and worse she bursts into the immortal lines, it was blue and white with a purple stripe, it’s the sash my father wore!!!!!! Needless to say her hubby packed her off to bed sharpish lol

Correct it’s not even close to the real words and I think 90% of us sing the wrong ones . “ surrender or you’ll die ..... die , die !!” On what planet is that close to “ and come when duty calls “ a glaring example of our fans never ending desire to add extra words to perfect songs when they aren’t needed .
I don't think its a case of adding extra words but repeating what they,ve heard around them for years
I think only fans that are also involved in the marching band and loyal order scene would have any inkling as to what the real words are but can't see it ever changing now .
As the city is my birthplace and still live 15 away ,it always grated me but just let it go over my head now .

This is the greatest thread in the history of football message boards:

The replies are class. :D

There are a few thinking back that my mates/associates hit out with over the years but none of the Calibre already mentioned in the thread . Still think the OP header is genius “ by the true speed of an arrow “ :DB-D

Around the 90s when 1 platoon was doing the rounds my mate used to sing “ there was me , there was Stan , Billy Sloan and my gran “ and I used to think was it Billy Sloan of the daily record enlisting ffs . I never had the heart to correct him as to be honest I never liked the song in the first place but it was sung a lot for around a 2 year period on away trips etc

Back