Bye Dad

Never sure how these kind of threads are received, was at my Dad’s funeral yesterday, he had been diagnosed with dementia since 2015, he had been a Motherwell fan but through me he eventually became a Ger and I went to countless matches with him.
I find it creeps up on me just when I think I’m ok, I felt I had to post a tribute to him.
Sorry to hear that mate, my old man was diagnosed with vascular dementia about 5years ago.He is currently in the rah in paisley, nightmare, doesn’t recognise me most of the time.

Sorry to hear that mate, my old man was diagnosed with vascular dementia about 5years ago.He is currently in the rah in paisley, nightmare, doesn’t recognise me most
Sorry to hear that mate, my old man was diagnosed with vascular dementia about 5years ago.He is currently in the rah in paisley, nightmare, doesn’t recognise me most of the time.
Good days and bad days, but will certainly be a big miss not being able to visit again.

It's twenty odd years since my Dad died; last time spent with him was listening on the radio as we horsed St J 7-0 in the league. Treasure the memories, it never goes away, but it does ease.

So sorry for your loss OP

my biggest fear is loosing my parents and especially in the manner you have described (dementia)

im actually helping a lady at work with a gps tracking device due to her dad wandering off in the night in his PJ’s

i wish you and the family all the very best

I’m so sorry. I believe that my Dad is with Jesus for now and He’ll keep him safe. I also believe that your Dad and mine are ok now - no more dementia or anything like that. We have to live without them here for a time but we’re bonded by our love - which you’ll feel hugely just now - and the promise is that one day we’ll see them again. I hope you can dare to believe that too. God bless and keep you brother.

Back