Bye Dad

Never sure how these kind of threads are received, was at my Dad’s funeral yesterday, he had been diagnosed with dementia since 2015, he had been a Motherwell fan but through me he eventually became a Ger and I went to countless matches with him.
I find it creeps up on me just when I think I’m ok, I felt I had to post a tribute to him.
Sorry for your loss.

Losing a parent, no matter your age and especially after such a horrible illness is always going to be hard. Remember the good memories in the hard times. I was young when I lost my dad and it didn't really have the real impact until I became an adult and there's things you see other guys your age do with their old man that you feel robbed of.
RIP

Thanks very much
Dementia runs in my family.
Thankfully my old boy still has his wits about him at 63.
I live abroad, so don't see him often.
Seen him last October in Tenerife when we met up for a holiday. And all being well will hook up with him in Portugal next week.
Posts like this remind me to make the most of the times we get together.

Sorry for your loss mate.

Sorry to hear that pal! Lost my dad last year to vascular dementia, hard to watch them slip away like that. He was 80 years old. He took me to Ibrox since i was 2 years old, up on his shoulders all along Paisley Road West to see The Famous. Happy days and will never be forgotten.

Never sure how these kind of threads are received, was at my Dad’s funeral yesterday, he had been diagnosed with dementia since 2015, he had been a Motherwell fan but through me he eventually became a Ger and I went to countless matches with him.
I find it creeps up on me just when I think I’m ok, I felt I had to post a tribute to him.
Sorry for your loss.

Feel for you m8, the hurt you're feeling now will subside and be replaced by happy memories. I remember when mum died, in the February and months later thinking I had coped with it. The following Christmas, with a few drinks inside me and my sister in law asked a totally harmless question about my mum and I just burst into tears. No feelings of sadness or that, just burst out greetin like a wean. Really hit home that day but, I felt much better for it after.
Look after yourself and those that are affected by your dads passing.

Sorry for your loss. It such a terrible condition but hold on to the good memories you shared, the fact you got to share those is a wonderful thing to have.

Firstly let me provide my heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

Your loss, sharply brought back in to focus my Dad who passed away 10 years ago in January. At the time, I posted a tribute as you have done. I received tremendous messages of warmth and support from fellow Bears on FF and it helped during that difficult period.

I still miss my Dad to this day, but will be forever thankful to those that took the time to post a short message of support.

Through time your load will become lighter and as ever I'm sure everyone of us on Follow Follow will join and spare a moment for your Father.

"Rest easy Fellow Bear".

Dementia of a loved one is terrible to cope with. You lose them gradually over time then ultimately again when they die.

Very sorry to hear about your loss.

Sorry to hear about your dad WOARF.

My dad & grandad we’re big influences on my love for the club & even to this day when I’m at games & something big happens i think that they’ll be watching down on the Rangers.

Hope you get the same comforting feelings as the months & years pass.

Sorry to hear about your dad WOARF.

My dad & grandad we’re big influences on my love for the club & even to this day when I’m at games & something big happens i think that they’ll be watching down on the Rangers.

Hope you get the same comforting feelings as the months & years pass.
Strange feeling that.
The day we got promoted back up to the SPL. I looked up at the sky and said “we’re back dad”. I could imagine his smile and I got all teary. Must have been a dusty day;)

Back